1025 NW 70th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kyles1025.com/
- Phone: 4058400115
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zachary Roberts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Kyles 1025 is the benchmark of custom catering in Oklahoma City. 18 years" experience pleasing the most particular clients in the state enables us to provide impeccable service both on-site and off. From large receptions to intimate dinner parties, Kyles 1025 will ensure that your event is memorable and flawless. All menus are customized to the specific needs of each client; we believe that each event deserves specialized, individualized attention. We invite comparison and embrace challenges. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Kyles 1025 offers private dining areas for groups as small as 6, or as large as 42. The East Gallery, Newton Room, 1025 Lounge and our exclusive Polo Lounge are available to meet your needs. The entire restaurant may be booked in advance, and can accommodate up to 150. For larger groups, advance reservations are required. Please call us directly at 405.840-0115 to discuss your private dining needs.
- Private Party Contact: Kyle Anderson 4058400115
A word from Kyles 1025
Kyles 1025 began as a legendary speakeasy in 1936. The legend continues today as an icon of Oklahoma City dining. The original recipes and time-honored traditions meld with innovative cuisine, exceptional service and uncompromising quality. Our "Oklahoma Classics" have set the tone for Oklahoma cuisine for four generations. Certified Angus beef, fresh fish, house-smoked salmon and our signature desserts are but a few reasons Kyles 1025 is Oklahoma City's best-kept secret. Nestled on a quiet street just East of North Western and across from prestigious Nichols Hills, Kyles 1025 features residential decor with British influences. Our 1025 lounge is a classic British pub. Smoking is allowed in the lounge; full-service menu is available. Often compared to a private club, Kyles 1025 is a destination not to be missed in Oklahoma City. Please join us- we're saving a table for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyles 1025 reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Terrible service of 4 meals 3 badSammadyDined on 8/29/2014We ordered an hors d'oeuvre which was good. We had a bottle of wine which was good. We had a server who never came back to fill empty water glasses. We had a fillet steak dinner that was ordered med rare and it came out well done. After we finally flagged our server down which took 10 minutes we sent that steak back. There was no apology and they appeared as they really didn't care. They brought the steak back after everyone else had finished their meal. The crabcake advertised as no filler was as thin as a pancake and doused with soy sauce, it was awful. The prime rib came out ice cold was the cheapest piece of meat they could have served there was no way to chew through it. All salads were served w/old wilted lettuce. $164 not well spent
- Great ambience!denaDined on 8/22/2014Great staff, very friendly. Serving sizes are a little small for the price. The fried chicken was dry. Meatloaf was great but really small portion.Special Features:
- We will definitely be back!4OkieinVegasDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I enjoyed Kyles for our anniversary dinner. It is a darling cozy atmosphere. The staff was very nice and even Kyle himself was out greeting customers! I had the pan seared tilapia. Delicious! The truffle risotto is out of this world. My husband had the meatloaf and he claims it was the best he has ever had. Their biscuits were also delicious. Do yourself a favor and have your next meal at Kyles 1025Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatwonderfulDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed Kyles very much. Have already told friends how great this place is. Will go back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food shines - Atmosphere CloudyBrockHarveyDined on 8/8/2014We were pulling for Kyles because of the tradition at this venue, and because we understand he's a really good guy. Strictly speaking, the service and the atmosphere need some work. We enjoyed the food. The fried chicken was excellent, though it took nearly 40 minutes to arrive. I know fried chicken can take a little longer to prepare, but it's a signature dish that should be your table in more like 20 minutes. We would go back for the food, but would probably opt for take-out. The restaurant was understaffed, so the hostess was doubling as a cocktail waitress and there were two waiters handling the entire floor. Finally, the old building has inadequate air conditioning for summer in OK.Special Features:
- kylesthep22Dined on 7/31/2014This place was great. Very unique and an extremely quaint place. Service was great and portions were nice. Steak came with two sides for under $35, which is nice. Will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAT HERE!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014i made reservations for six and it was a wonderful evening. Kyle's is one of those places I couint on for groups due to their wide food, wine, and drink selection. The thing that continually surprises me is that we typically share the place with only a few other diners. We ate there Friday night at 1900 and there were only two or three other tables. The food is great, try the Ultimate Chicken Fry with wonderful service and a quiet atmosphere. Our group is planning a trip so I wanted a quiet setting and this was the place. I don't want us to lose this OKC gem so give it a try. Wonderful comfort food; the fried chicken is the best in OKC. if you were a fan of Charlie Newton's then Kyle's is a place to put on your list.Special Features:
- very eclectic! Food was very good.Duckman258Dined on 6/13/2014We loved to old antique look. The history behind the restaurant. The ghosts.I had the pork chop. Cooked to perfection and nice and thick.She had the Tilapia and risotto. She loved hers. I wasn't crazy about the potatoes, but the beans were ok. I would probably choose different sides. Next time I will try the chicken dinner. It looked great The price was reasonable. Two glasses of wine, two nice dinners, great service, great ambiance. For under 100.00 with tip. Hard to beat. We want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!PattonFoodiesVIPDined on 5/29/2014Always great food and great service. Thank you for making our evening so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day gone wrongdebeatsoutlotsDined on 5/11/2014Service was a snails crawl, waiter kept waiting for the tea to run out and then would come by and ask " you want some more tea?" 5 mins later he would come back with tea then ask"do you want some more ice?" Caesar salad (what there was of it) was ok but it was the best thing we got. Salmon was undercooked and rice was stuck together like a brick, Fried chicken was good for cold chicken, and my Prime Rib had more fat and gristle than meat. Dessert was ok for the small serving that we got. The 3 top setting next to us was so loud we could not talk over them, we were in a booth next to them, setting just off the waits entrance to the kitchen which was also loud. By the end of brunch I thought they should have the 30+ dollars for each of us.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Kyles 1025 reviews archive.
- Feels like home and that's good!ArchetypicalVIPDined on 4/19/2014We always eat in the bar. Best fried chicken; sorry Drum Room. Always a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Good but everything is datedOKCResturantDined on 3/14/2014Food and service was great but it was like stepping back into 1995 with the decor and ambience.Special Features:
- Classic meals in classic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014Delicious gravy, meatloaf, pan fried chicken, Charlie Newton's recipes with outstanding service and lovely setting. Makes dining a special night out . Daddy and daughter went here before Nichols Hills Elementary School's Disco Dance and had a fabulous dinner experience. HIGHLY recommend for family celebrations! EVERYONE CAN FIND SOMETHING YUMMY TO EAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceMissyJDined on 2/14/2014Valentines Date. Server was horrible spilt an entire glass of wine on my boyfriend, gave him a towel to soak up the wine on the table. Table cloth was wet and she did not change it out. The server also acted offended when we asked that the wine be replaced, she came back with a cheaper version of the wine we ordered. The restaurant wasn't extremely busy for being Valentines Night, we will not be dining there again.Special Features:
- Not as expectedcradke1018Dined on 2/8/2014When looking at pictures of Kyles 1025, I found them to be wholly misleading immediately after arrival. From the bar, to the seating, to the staff (wearing sweatpants), and the food we are very disappointed. Our seared tuna, requested, was grilled all the way through and my potatoes were starchy and tasted like they came from a box. Upon complaint on the potatoes, the server's reply was, "different strokes for different folks".
- Kyle's was a very neat, cleanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Kyle's was a very neat, clean first appearance. The staff sat us quickly and were very attentive. The entree's were ordered and immediately we were served warm rolls. The food was served promptly and everything was quite good. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night OutTimboDined on 1/18/2014Was having trouble getting into other resturants at the time that I desired. I went to look at Kyles and was able to get in. Food, service, ambience was good. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightjamagDined on 1/17/2014Kyle's has truly become our "go to" place when we are in the mood for something nice. It is very consistent and always very good. My wife and I decided that we would start coming at least twice a month. Everything from steak to fried chicken to meat loaf is fantastic. The salads, sides and deserts are very good as well. If he is there, the owner will come out and personally see to it that all is well. I like it for family affairs or business dinners. It is very comfortable and feels like home. I have lived in OKC for 50+ years and this is now in my top five restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very weird!!!TheDrsVIPDined on 1/17/2014What a strange experience. this place is way too quiet and is filled with only old couples over 65. Hard to have a conversation because its TOO quiet and everyone can hear you. They need to play some ambient background music or something. Food was bleh... Crabcake was fishy and gross. The bread they brought out looked good, but it disintegrated as soon as you touched it. Secriously - disintegrated! Fried chicken is supposed to be some awesome 15 year old recipe. Batter was decent and had some spice, but chicken itself was overcooked. Also tried the super-special chicken fried steak with filet mignon for $28....was extremely gross. not surprised why I hadn't heard of this place before this dining experience. it is VERY forgettable.
- It was not good as I remembered.BielDined on 1/16/2014Due to a reservation by a large group, we (4) were seated in the lounge. Our table was squeezed into the corner by the door, and it was very cold, due to air leaking in around said door. There was only one server in the lounge, and she had too many people to tend, as well as preparing bar orders for the restaurant. One of us had soup, which was very good; one had shrimp which was excellent; and two of us had chicken livers, which were over-breaded and over-done. We have dined at Kyles 1025 in the past, and really liked it. Will probably not dine again for awhile. We also wanted tapas, as they appear on Kyles' website, but were told that tapas haven't been served for 3 years, but the website can't be changed due to lack of access????
- We love Kyles 1025SarejVIPDined on 1/11/2014We eat at Kyles often and are never disappointed. We took a couple who had not been there and they loved it too. Service is attentive and Kyle makes the place very special.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsjollyDined on 1/3/2014rolls,muffins sooo good. steak diane for everyone at table it was outstanding all plates were cleaned!!! service a little lacking could be trained better.brandy ice is really what we go far the best ever.a very nice evening because you can enjoy talking and enjoy one another.Special Features:
- New Years EveElizabethDined on 12/31/2013The staff of Kyles went out of their way to make up for our long wait to be seated for our 8pm reservation. We enjoyed the extras they provided as well as the wonderful food they served on New Years Eve. I appreciated being called ahead of time to explain the prix fixe menu. Many of our group selected the beef filet and all were satisfied. Our waiters were friendly and attentive. The group picture taken turned out fabulous! I frequently recommend Kyles for diners who want good food and an atmosphere conducive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Be With FriendsLittleVIPDined on 12/31/2013Food was good and service was great. Nice place to meet friends. Quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodJakeahodgesDined on 11/30/2013Three Geek Salad and spaghetti is great! Plus you can never go wrong with a chicken fried steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddened by ExperiencerbolenVIPDined on 11/22/2013This is a tough review to write. It was with great anticipation that we dined at Kyle's 1025. We had heard all the usual praise for the comfort food and dining experience. Sadly, the food was average…at best…the service was below a Chili's…and the overall experience embarrassed me in front of our out-of-town guests. The Prime Rib was overdone to say the least, the fish was awful and the wine list was short multiple offerings. Our waitress was attempting to be helpful, but unfortunately came off as interfering and we couldn't help but notice that there were almost no other tables taken on a Friday evening. On a good note…the Brandy Ice was fantastic for dessert. But frankly, we needed the alcohol to put up with the horrible experience.
- Good Spothallpilot2Dined on 10/11/2013We happened in on a big football night so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. ( in OKC you can get easy reservations on OU vs Texas weekend). Can't judge the noise level as there were only 2 other couples in the restaurant. The décor was a mix of 60's-70's paraphernalia and 40's furniture. The food was good. I liked the twist on the fried pickles. I found the season in the batter to be bland. Same with the fried chicken. Other dishes sampled were the Meatloaf (very good), Crab cakes (good), salmon (very good), and ahi tuna (very good). The deserts were huge and delicious. I prefer some other restaurants, but this was a very good dining experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!DiningLoverVIPDined on 10/4/2013I love Kyle's. I always have a delicious meal at Kyle's. The menu is diverse so everyone can fine something they like. Their fried chicken, bisquits and chicken livers are the best in town. Nice ambiance and good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alone in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2013Pros: The food was great. There was plenty of food on the plate. We were one of three tables being served so it was very quite (except for us). Cons: It felt a little stuffy and might benifit from a more casual look and feel. Entering the building there is iron outdoor furniture. People we were with talked about how bad it looked and said they would not want to have to sit on it. There were a lot of flowers and shrubs that needed to be watered and tended. Several were already dead. Just didn't have a great feel about the place as you enter the building. Overall: For me it's about the food and the food was great. I hope this restaurant can make it because it realy was worth a try and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dinnereclectictastesDined on 6/15/2013We had a very relaxed dinner. The staff was friendly and helpful and did not rush us at all. The clam strips, salad and Brandy Ice were very good. The fried chicken was excellent. scrytzSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageBigBullDined on 5/24/2013Went to Kyle's on a Friday night and only one other couple was dinning. This use to be a very good place to have a special dinner. The decor seems a bit run down but the food was not bad. Our waiter kept interjecting himself into the conversation at our table, very annoying and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend this place and won't go back. It's just sad to see what the Newton's created has been run into the ground.
- Wonderfull food. We love Kyle'sPnjkeithDined on 5/18/2013Wonderfull food. We love Kyle's for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2013Kyle's is the place to receive great friendly service along with outstanding food.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013My friends would say I'm food-fussy, but there was nothing for me to fuss about here. Everything was fantastic. I took my parents here for Mother's Day and we all enjoyed it. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. Check it out!Special Features:
- Elegant & QuiteBJNEdmondDined on 5/12/2013The atmosphere is very nice, elegant and quiet. If you are looking for a nice place to have an anniversary dinner, wedding rehearsal or other similar type dinner that you want to be able to have a nice quiet environment that allows people to have discussions without having to talk loud, then this is the place for you.Special Features:
- A must for special occassionsLJooDined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day brunch. They had a pre-set menu with enough choices that everyone in our group found exactly what they wanted. All three courses were delicious. Great presentation, cooked perfectly, a ton of flavor. Loved it and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff had no clue aboutsdl123Dined on 4/27/2013The staff had no clue about the food the wine or how to serve tables!!! Horrible
- This is our 3rd time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013This is our 3rd time there and it is worth the drive to dine there! we have recommended it to numerous people! its our favorite place to go! everything waa outstanding!! wish we were going TONIGHT!!Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE FOR AN INTIMATEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013GREAT PLACE FOR AN INTIMATE DINNER. THEY ARE VERY ATTENTIVE AND KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT MENU. I AM A STEAK LOVER AND WAS VERY DISAPOINTED IN THEIR RIBEYE. 1/2" THICK IS SOMETHING YOU GET IN GOLDEN CORRAL NOT FOR $36 AT A RESTAURANT LIKE KLYE'SSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and wine selectionThunderfan68Dined on 4/13/2013Excellent food and wine selection was very good. Wait staff left nothing undone and were very prompt. Owner came by the table to check on us and he was very interested in our dining experience.Special Features: