400 William Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kybecca.com/
- Phone: 5403733338x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wade Truong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have live music on the first Friday of each month starting at 8:30pm
- Special Events: Please 'like' us on Facebook to hear about all our special events. Facebook.com/kybecca
- Cross Street: Charles Street
- Public Transit: We are a few blocks from the main train station on Princess Anne Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We are in a historic downtown district so parking is mainly street, although it typically is not hard to find a space. There is a parking garage located a few blocks from us as well.
A word from kybecca
We make hand-crafted food, killer cocktails, serve small-producer wines and craft beer in a cool, old building with a modern vibe. Our style of food is contemporary American with global influences. In addition we boast a large selection of small producer wines with 32 on tap in our Enomatic system.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
kybecca - Best Restaurants in Fredericksburg ›
kybecca reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very Enjoyablejall68Dined on 9/14/2014Pleasant wine bar with great range of small plate offerings and dinner items. The fried brussel sprouts are very tasty and the pork chops were cooked perfectly. Look forward to trying other dishes and exploring their wine selection further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner n FredericksburgHeidiODined on 8/23/2014Great to know there is a wine bar with innovative, fresh food in Fredericksburg! Our waiter Xavier was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MikeJ1956VIPDined on 8/22/2014Before dinner we always start with a cocktail and we both had a Mint Mojito. Don't let the price scare you off, it was amazing! The drink was served in a very cold metal cup which had frost so thick you could crave in it. For appetizers we both had the Crispy Pork Belly, wonderfully prepared and presented. For dinner I had the Beef Osso Bucco, that was cooked to perfection. The beef was so tender you didn't need a knife to cut it, it just fell apart with a fork. Finished with the White Chocolate Tiramisu which is a nice change with the white chocolate pastry cream and white chocolate shaven curls. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Nice place, not so great foodWinenDine11VIPDined on 8/17/2014I was meeting a friend for dinner in Fredericksburg and came across this really cool looking place. I checked out the menu and made a reservation. I had crab cakes and my friend had salmon. We were both very disappointed. The food was not flavorful at all. The design decor was nice though. Too bad that's not edible.
- One of our favorite downtown spots.FmacDined on 8/17/2014Service is always very good. Food is an eclectic mix with something for everyone. Wine and beer selection is very good. Highly recommended if you are in the area,.Special Features:
- A must tryatqbDined on 8/7/2014Nice hidden gem in Fredericksburg. Tasty food options and very goodles bar selections. Wine on tap is a plus as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarrentonvaDined on 8/3/2014Great, great experience. Brussel sprouts and frites were outstanding as well as pork chops and shrimp and grits. Definitely a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old town feelPartyof4Dined on 7/19/2014We met friends for dinner and the food was excellent and wait staff was great. We at at 5 and by the time we left around 6:30 the place was getting filled up. I would definitely go back again, the menu isn't overwhelming but had a good selection. We ordered from the raw bar menu and then two people in our party had the shrimp and grits that were out of this world and the scallops were perfectly cooked and the veggie plate was filling and very tasty.Special Features:
- KybeccaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014First time dining at Kybecca, the food, service, and experience was great. Went for my 50th birthday with family who all greatly enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Excellent as Alwaysdrf04Dined on 7/18/2014The offerings at Kybecca never disappoint us. The creativity of the chef and use of local produce and products make this our go to favorite for a night out. We had the fried green tomatoes with local grown tomatoes, and corn salsa. Excellent! The crabcakes were outstanding as well with pure lump crabmeat and flavor galore. Dessert was peach cheesecake and wow was that yummy! This restaurant is a gem to Fredericksburg and we hope it stays around for a long, long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Best French Fries in the world! Raw bar VERY expensive. Good drinks. VERY loud. Not a place for a romantic dinner. Dinner menu options are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, restaurant was loudjberDined on 7/11/2014Our food was delicious! The restaurant was loud and was kind of hard for me and my husband to hear each other. But other than that it was a nice night out.Special Features:
- FredericksburgSharVIPDined on 7/5/2014In the heart of Old Town you don't want to miss this wine bar with local food selections. Yummy & healthy! We sat outside on the sidewalk and enjoyed the ambiance of the town and the local dogs who where having lunch with their owners! This place has wine taps...so buy your card and serve yourself. You can do as many tasting as you like...its fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/3/2014I was picking up a friend at the train station for the 4th of July weekend and only three restaurants in Fredericksburg offer the option to book through Open Table. I chose Kybecca because it was located in the historic district. What a great find. We ordered the specials which were fabulous and well presented.Special Features:
- Yummy Brussel Sproutsbsav5050Dined on 6/30/2014Super cute spot with a nice area for outdoor dining. Love, love, loved the brussel sprouts and the shrimp and grits. Would definitely come back when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceAHunterDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary at Kybecca. The food was delicious, or server was pleasant and knowledge, and the drinks tasty and creative. We were even able to buy the stylish tin my husband's drink came in. The Kybecca Frites and shrimp and pork cigars were amazing! We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Patient staff that treats you like a neighbor, and a diverse menu. Well done.Special Features:
- Excellent wine bar and moresunsetdonVIPDined on 6/25/2014This was my first visit since their remodeling. They now have the restaurant in a separate area from the wine bar, although you can still get a meal in the wine bar. This arrangement works better and allows better conversation over dinner. The food was excellent (I had shrimp & grits, she had pork chops). We split an excellent hazelnut cheesecake and had coffee. The waitress was very knowledgeable and helped us select 2 excellent wines. Very nice evening and very nice restaurant. Make reservations and plan on parking being a problem (we parked 2 blocks away and almost got caught in a thunderstorm).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kybecca dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good, tasty and different. Cocktails were well done. Bar noise and general noise level is a bit high for a conversation. Maybe the ceiling should be treated with some sound panels. The Wash Post restaurants reviews include sound level ratings now. If Kybecca want diners to be able to have a conversation, they to change the acoustics.Special Features:
- Gem of FredericksburgBeanieManVIPDined on 5/30/2014Given the limited Open Table choices in Fredericksburg, we weren't expecting a ton from Kybecca. Boy were we wrong. All of our dishes were excellent and the craft cocktails were top notch. Definitely try the fried brussel sprouts and the Aviation. They even made us our favorite cocktail, the Last Word, despite the current lime price gouging.Special Features:
- Perfect Place to CelebrateFburgFoodieDined on 5/24/2014I recently visited Kybecca for the second time and my experience this visit matched the first time - this place is consistently wonderful. The first visit was just my husband and I and we enjoyed many small plates and a few cocktails. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was delicious! This second time was a party of 6 and the service was just as good and so was the food. I was hoping to try a few of the wines, but the spring sangria was so good that it was pretty much all any of us drank. I would recommend Kybecca to anyone looking for good food and drinks in downtown Fburg.Special Features:
- The following 82 reviews are from the kybecca reviews archive.
- Don't believe the negativityimmortalmusicDined on 5/11/2014We went to kybecca for Mother's Day dinner. Honestly, after reading all of the reviews, I was not sure what to expect. The prices are not cheap, but WOW. The amount of food you get, and the absolute quality of the food makes the price seem like a bargain. Their wine list is very nice and I will recommend the steak as the entree. It was ridiculously good and after an appetizer and the first two courses, we all had plenty of leftovers. Honestly, by the time the main course came I just laughed to see the portions because we were all feeling full. This is going to be our new special occasion restaurant. Well done kybecca. Keep it up!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EndingSpotsywinefoodDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I decided to have Irish Coffees and dessert at Kybecca and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The coffees were excellent and the desserts heavenly. The restaurant was a bit noisy as it is truly a blend between a restaurant (with excellent food) and a bar (with excellent wines).Special Features:
- love kybeccasarahDined on 4/12/2014the only thing i would advise is that the restaurant can have an 'energetic' noise level. i personally love that but want to just advise... if you want a great asian-inspired meal, wonderful cocktails, or many wine choices, this is your place! also, their new raw bar is truly amazing. we LOVE this place and plan to return time after time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & fabulous serviceDianaVIPDined on 4/11/2014The food and service at Kybecca is always great but the service on this beautiful day really couldn't have been better. My family and I enjoyed several small plates and shared large plates. The only down-side was a large group in the center of the restaurant that was celebrating a birthday and was very loud ... this made hearing one another at my table somewhat difficult and detracted from the otherwise delicious meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Sarah205VIPDined on 3/27/2014The spinach soup was out of this world. The smoked cesear salad was, not bad but nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- The best dining in Fredericksburgdrf04Dined on 3/21/2014Kybecca is our favorite restaurant in Fredericksburg for a special evening out. The chef is amazing with his creativity and use of local products. We have been here at least ten times and we are never disappointed. The menu selections and the flavors and total experience cannot be rivaled in Fredericksburg and would absolutely rival some of the well known gourmet eateries in DC! The ambiance is relaxed yet modern. Service is excellent. Absolutely love the 2nd room that they opened last fall. We highly recommend Kybecca and highly recommend getting reservations during Friday & Saturday evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to FredericksburgChrisVIPDined on 3/7/2014We were in F-burg looking to move there for our retirement and came across Kybecca. Good cuisine - or lack thereof - is one of our hesitations about moving the to area, but this place put some of those fears to rest. Interesting dishes, fresh ingredients, edgy interior. Good, but short, wine list.Special Features:
- Great food, great wine!AndreaDined on 3/1/2014We have been to kybecca several times, and they never disappoint. The self-serve wine bar is outstanding, with many choices and descriptions. The food is also excellent, even if the menu is limited. I highly recommend leaving room for their homemade s'mores--delicious!! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Wait staff was outstanding and very knowledgeable in regards to wine selection to enhance the dining experience. Food was not only some of the best I've had, and I have dined all over the world, it was also beautiful to look at. They seemed to genuinely care about our experience and did not smother us nor neglect us and it was a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Ladies catch up night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014I planned a get together for a group of girlfriends that I don't get to see often enough. The atmosphere was perfect for us, the service was wonderful and the food was delicious! It wasn't very crowded on a Wednesday evening so we stayed a good while after having finished eating and drinking and didn't get chased out . We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Yummly good!ChampDined on 2/15/2014Great service. Yummy food. Excellent drinks. This place has it all! We had a full dinner soup to nuts nd everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible food and nightfoodieDined on 2/15/2014Great GNO - girls night out neighborhood gem. Fabulous food, atmosphere and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect HideawayWardancerDined on 2/15/2014MDC and I were seated in a secluded corner with a great view of the bar and the whole restaurant...like one of the special "reserved" tables seen in the movies. The server was attentive, knowledgeable, and eminently helpful. Her recommendations were spot-on! This was my introduction to steak tartare (wonderful) and each dish was simply better than the last. An absolute "must go" for anyone dining in Fredericksburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!specialkayDined on 2/6/2014The food was wonderful!!! The drinks were good. We had a wonderful time tasting both small plates and entrees.Great place if you have food allergies. I will go back anytime. Please support this farm to table establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!sarahDined on 1/26/2014We are definitely frequent Kybecca-goers, but this place keeps getting better. So many wines to try, GREAT specialty cocktails, and very impressive food. They KILLED restaurant week this year; we will be visiting OFTEN. Oh and did I mention Sunday "wings & whiskey flights?"Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!VTahmed11Dined on 1/25/2014The ambiance at Kybecca was great. I highly recommend this establishment due to their great attention to customer service. I recently posted a review on Yelp and within hours, I received a response from Kybecca's owner explaining why one of our dinner entrees was served cold. The wife and I enjoyed the uniqueness of the menu - BBQ skirt steak and Ramen rubbed shrimp. Both of the dishes had good flavor, but my ramen rubbed shrimp was cold (ps. it's served cold because of the kim chi)! So may be that played a little to the sub par quality. Besides the cold entree, we loved the marshmallow graham cracker as our dessert. I give that two thumbs up. And lastly., it is a wine bar and their selection is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at KybeccaOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/24/2014We decided to try Kybecca for restaurant week. There were four of us and we all ordered different things. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food. It is very different than the usual fare at other restaurants. The waiter was very knowledgeable on the food, specialty drinks, wine and beer. We can't wait to return and we will definitely be doing so prior to the next restaurant week.Special Features:
- Kybecca is a wonderful restaurant.Njn8tvDined on 1/20/2014We dined at Kybecca during Restaurant Week and had an amazing meal. The portions were generous and the food and service was excellent. It will be our first choice for dining in Fredericksburg.Special Features:
- DelightfulJaniceDined on 1/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The food was excellent and our waitress was pleasantl and qvery efficient. We will certainly return whenever we stop in Fredricksburg. AnnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.