K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
1287 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kyabistro.com/
- Phone: (949) 376-9718
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Sat-Sun 9am-11:30am at The Rooftop Lounge
Lunch 11:30am to 2:30pm at The Rooftop Lounge
Dinner 4:30pm to Close at K'ya Bistro Bar
Rooftop 11:30am to 9pm (Sun-Thurs)- 10pm (Fri & Sat)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Craig Connole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Outside Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Say “I Do,” at this historic, seaside boutique hotel in beautiful Laguna Beach.The restored 1929 icon offers a quintessential Southern California coastal experience with myriad nuptial, reception or private settings like the Rooftop Lounge for ocean views, wine cellar and Spanish courtyard, candlelit K’ya Bistro or the Grand Lobby of La Casa del Camino. Your guests will enjoy chef Craig Connole’s delicious Mediterranean-inspired fare from K'ya Bistro Bar.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa DeAngelo 949-505-5088x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment weekends from 6-10pm/Sun 5pm-9pm in the lobby lounge of Hotel La Casa del Camino.
- Special Events: Weddings, Private Parties and Corporate Events
A word from K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
Coined by locals as the top favorite restaurant in Laguna Beach, K'ya Bistro Bar boasts signature small plate dishes that keep them coming back for more. Located inside the Historic Hotel La Casa del Camino, K'ya offers a diverse menu with a European-Style cuisine, reminiscent of simple Bistro and mediterranean dining. This bustling bistro is a stone's throw from the beach and reflects a lively San Francisco-esque atmosphere. Steak, Seafood, Chicken, Pasta, Burgers, Snacks, Desserts - all small plates with over 60 menu items making this the “ultimate Laguna dining experience!”. Come visit us during Happy Hour Daily 4:30-5:30pm $5 Food and drink specials and Bonus Happy Hour Buy Any Cocktail, Mojitos, Beer or Wine and receive Half Off on Any Food item on the dinner menu. For California casual fare, Hand Muddled Mojitos and the best sunsets in Laguna Beach, with amazing ocean and coastal views visit The Rooftop Lounge located atop La Casa del Camino-rooftoplagunabeach.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (54)good for groups (39)romantic (37)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (25)scenic view (17)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Always fun time, great food, terrific service!TonyVIPDined on 11/23/2014Great local venue, excellent food, terrific service. Sundays half-price wine bottles.... excellent way to wind down the weekend. Good time for friends & family....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always have fun here during happy hour.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014The small plates let you try many items and they are all tasty. The fruity mojito is the best. The fact that you get half off on every food item for every drink you have encourages you to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plate selectionDon7VIPDined on 11/18/2014Always enjoy the wonderful small plate selections, particularly the lamb chops and steak offerings. The service is remarkable good with friendly and informed staff. Love the Happy Hour pricing although I'd like to see the hours extended beyond 5:30pm. It is important to book early as the restaurant fills up early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodfunandhappyDined on 11/15/2014We had the kale salad, lobster truffle risotto, bacon wrapped dates, filet mignon tips, and chicken empanadas. We would recommend them all except the chicken empanadas, which weren't very flavorful. The bacon wrapped dates were our favorite - crispy & the best I've ever had! The restaurant is extremely loud, probably not the best place for a first date because you have to yell to be heard. Service was very friendly. Mojitos and sangria were great. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent service, and inexpensive.AV1958VIPDined on 11/14/2014The lobster meatballs, filet mingon tips, and blackened chicken were excellent, as was everything else we tried. The tapas-sized plates (with tapas-sized pricing) made the meal experience the best bargain of flavor versus cost in all of Laguna. The casual atmosphere, solid wine list, and full bar make K'ya one of the top dinner locations in south OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Food was not overly impressive. Server was efficient but not warm.Special Features:
- Felt like ValentinesSkylerDined on 11/9/2014the food was very good, as was the service & the wine. Just felt a little Squeezed on the seating....would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to talkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014This is my 2nd time at this restaurant. The food quality is very good. They serve small plates, there were four of us so we ordered six plates, they brought them out at the same time and they don't even fit on the table. We would have each ordered one more and another glass of wine, but the waiter never came back. So we moved on to dessert by the time he came back. They are so busy the service is terrible, and it is so noisy you basically can't have a conversation without shouting. Won't be back.
- Good spotPKBearFanDined on 11/7/2014The four of us sat at a small high top table w/omuch room for tapas plates. Service and food were decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars but too loudMikaelaDined on 11/6/2014Amazingly good food! But the dining room was too loud! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around ExcellenceLoisVDined on 11/4/2014Everything about our dinner was wonderful! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICDEANVIPDined on 10/29/2014Wonderful as always. Nothing in Laguna Beach even comes close to the level of cuisine executed at K'ya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted it to be BetterBigplateVIPDined on 10/27/2014We liked everything about the place...except the food was disappointing. It was okay but dishes that sounded really interesting ended up being fairly flavorless..and somewhat overpriced.
- Great Tapas spotNinamDined on 10/26/2014We love this restaurant because of its Tapas style menu which allows us to try lots of different items on the menu in one sitting. Dishes are creative and very tasty. Good wine selection and half price wine bottles on Sundays. Great ambiance and friendly staff.Special Features:
- great food, great atmosphereCB2005Dined on 10/25/2014we were a party of 5, had a great spot in the corner window. our server suggested we order about 2 plates each to share and we went over that, and left stuffed and super happy. all the food tasted amazing!Special Features:
- Gaums10Dined on 10/25/2014Everything was excellent. Food was delicious and the service was great. Friends really enjoyed it! We keep coming back!Special Features:
- EnjoyableInvestmentgrandpaDined on 10/24/2014Portions were larger than expected. Food was all very good, especially the short ribs. We shared two salads, the short ribs and fries. Everything was excellent and we had more than enough to eat ( I am a really large eater). Made the reservation weeks in advance and we're placed at a table lookin right into the kitchen and a garbage can. Asked to be moved and moved to outside table which was much better. I would eat here again if I return to Laguna Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lookingforfunDined on 10/24/2014Happy hour was great! Good food, good service, ample portions, and very reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedsunydaiVIPDined on 10/17/2014Found the food unappealing and ordered way too much of it based on the waitress telling us everything was small plates ( not) and meant to be shared. Noise was defining. Could not have a conversation
- GREAT AS ALWAYSDEANVIPDined on 10/14/2014The only restaurant in the area for real CUISINE. The place we go to when we want classically based, truly inspired, well executed, delicious food.Special Features:
- Excellent small platesMarisaPeasleyDined on 10/11/2014Great food, great service! I loved the scallops and my husbands filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNettieDined on 10/10/2014This was a real find...The service and food were excellent. Loved the tapas way of serving food. A little noisy if you are into a lot of conversation... we found it hard to talk to each other, but we would go back for the food. Wish there was more outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as Expectedndm012379Dined on 10/10/2014My second time here and it was just as good as the first. Our Server, Paul was wonderful! The food was great and service was fast. I cannot wait to go back for the third visit.Special Features:
- Great Food - Pleasantly SurprisedLuv2EatOutDined on 10/7/2014Not romantic dining unless by window. Food was fantastic. Lobster risoto carmelized onions, flat iron steak, creme brulee mashed potatoes. Will be returning, good service.Special Features:
- Fun nightckelle2Dined on 10/5/2014The food was great. It was a packed house, which made it a little loud, but wasn't a deterent from a good night. Had the lobster mac and cheese, salmon, and white bean cassoulet. All were very good. Server was respectful of our timing needs on hedging conversation and reading of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved the small size plates so we got to try 5!! All fresh and flavorfull except the tilapia it had a stange eggy batter Thumbs up on mojitosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Best spot in town for a romantic dinner that does not break the bank and the food is exceptional. You don't leave feeling like you ate way too much, each plate is just enough to share or eat on your own. We never have take home here, we always eat everything on our plates. We always have room for desert too!Special Features:
- One of my favsDbuttsDined on 9/28/2014Great food. Great atmosphere and fabulous prices. Love going to k'ya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour a must!PhilliesPhanaticDined on 9/27/2014Great food items and drinks at 5$ a pop. It gets pretty packed so be sure to make reservations. The portions of each tapa were pretty generous for two people. The best item on the menu were the coconut shrimp and baked meatballs. The best drink hands down were the wild berry mojitos. If you want a drink with a big kick go for the mai tai, definitley got the night started off right.Special Features:
- A FavoriteFundiningDined on 9/26/2014We love to go to K'YA. The small plates are wonderful for sharing. The prices are great. Happy Hour is the best! We always take friends and family who are visiting Southern CA. Reservations on weekends a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Had an excellent time at this restaurant. They were very accommodating to me as I had to change my reservation twice during the same evening. Outstanding meal all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyDined on 9/23/2014All three in our group thought the food was quite good, and consistent. I thought several of the dishes were rich, but tasted great (maybe just our selections). Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening..good dishessusanismVIPDined on 9/14/2014In bp visiting from dc. Wonderful time. Light bites..wine list good. Only problem was very noisy.Terrific service Had calamari...grilled lamb chops, filet mid on bites, grilled asparagus and flourless choclate cake for dessertSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Have been here 3 times and never been disappointed! It's a must to have a drink upstairs at The Rooftop first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I used to love to come to K'ya for their tapas menu at reasonable prices. Now, their prices have increased (understandable), but their portion sizes have greatly decreased, rather than stay the same. Probably won't be coming back for a while.Special Features:
- K'ya was K'yawesome!TamboDined on 9/6/2014Got there a bit early for our reservation, so sat at the bar and had a drink until our table was ready. Dinner was fun. Our waitress, Janette, was friendly, very informative and made great suggestions. We (party of 5) ordered about four plates at a time and shared them and then when we were finished ordered about four more and continued on until we were sated! Janette was patient and helpful and happy from start to finish. We sealed the deal with dessert (even though everyone was admittedly stuffed) and were glad we did. Molten lava chocolate cake for all you chocolate lovers and the banana bread pudding was a must try.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!SD0627Dined on 9/1/2014Love love going to this place. The tapas food and specials are excellent. We always try something new and never disappoints. This time we ate outside on the patio on a perfect labor day with perfect weather. Paul, our waiter was super nice, attentive, and easy to talk to. If ever in Laguna Beach, this is a must stop place. Check out the rooftop lounge above as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermrsevansDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I came here for our 2nd anniversary. We made a reservation 2 days in advance, as it was Labor Day weekend. I've never been to a tapas restaurant and I'm so glad I did! We ordered the spicy prawns, beef tenderloin and hibachi salmon first. Holy crap, I'm still drooling over the salmon. It was served over quinoa in a coconut sauce....so good. And salmon is usually a hit or miss with me. I could seriously live on this dish. The beef tenderloin was super tender and I loved the mushrooms that it came with. The shrimp was good, not as warm as the other dishes and I wish it would have been spicier. We got the filet as well and that was amazing! For desert we shared the banana pecan bread pudding. Wow. So. Good. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently impressivekegsdDined on 8/31/2014The place was packed so we were happy we planned ahead. The service was a bit slow but understandable due to the amount of people on a holiday weekend. The food is amazing as were the drinks and we were not rushed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 3 at a 2-topMulliganvilleVIPDined on 8/31/2014We love K'Ya and have dined here dozens of times over the years. We visited over Labor Day weekend and stayed at the hotel in one of their Casa Surf King rooms. The restaurant will call to confirm your reservation during the day. We had a reservation for two. When they called, I informed them we would probably be a party of 3. Indeed we were. The service can be hit or miss here. But, the hostess stand is routinely somewhat rude. When they sat us, they put us at a 2-top, knowing fully well it would be cramped. Simply, they don't care. When I went to speak with them, they got a bit snippy with me telling me we'd have to wait. Because, we all know that's the appropriate thing to do. BTW, a 4-top sat empty for 45 min. to our left.Special Features: