K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
1287 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kyabistro.com/
- Phone: 9493769718x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Sat-Sun 9am-11:30am at The Rooftop Lounge
Lunch 11:30am to 2:30pm at The Rooftop Lounge
Dinner 4:30pm to Close at K'ya Bistro Bar
Rooftop 11:30am to 9pm (Sun-Thurs)- 10pm (Fri & Sat)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Craig Connole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Outside Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Say “I Do,” at this historic, seaside boutique hotel in beautiful Laguna Beach.The restored 1929 icon offers a quintessential Southern California coastal experience with myriad nuptial, reception or private settings like the Rooftop Lounge for ocean views, wine cellar and Spanish courtyard, candlelit K’ya Bistro or the Grand Lobby of La Casa del Camino. Your guests will enjoy chef Craig Connole’s delicious Mediterranean-inspired fare from K'ya Bistro Bar.
- Private Party Contact: Sales/Catering 949-505-5082x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment weekends from 6-10pm/Sun 5pm-9pm in the lobby lounge of Hotel La Casa del Camino.
- Special Events: Weddings, Private Parties and Corporate Events
A word from K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
Coined by locals as the top favorite restaurant in Laguna Beach, K'ya Bistro Bar boasts signature small plate dishes that keep them coming back for more. Located inside the Historic Hotel La Casa del Camino, K'ya offers a diverse menu with a European-Style cuisine, reminiscent of simple Bistro and mediterranean dining. This bustling bistro is a stone's throw from the beach and reflects a lively San Francisco-esque atmosphere. Steak, Seafood, Chicken, Pasta, Burgers, Snacks, Desserts - all small plates with over 60 menu items making this the “ultimate Laguna dining experience!”. Come visit us during Happy Hour Daily 4:30-5:30pm $5 Food and drink specials and Bonus Happy Hour Buy Any Cocktail, Mojitos, Beer or Wine and receive Half Off on Any Food item on the dinner menu. For California casual fare, Hand Muddled Mojitos and the best sunsets in Laguna Beach, with amazing ocean and coastal views visit The Rooftop Lounge located atop La Casa del Camino-rooftoplagunabeach.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (83)hot spot (68)good for groups (48)special occasion (46)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (41)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (19)great for lunch (17)late-night find (16)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Wonderful evening..good dishessusanismVIPDined on 9/14/2014In bp visiting from dc. Wonderful time. Light bites..wine list good. Only problem was very noisy.Terrific service Had calamari...grilled lamb chops, filet mid on bites, grilled asparagus and flourless choclate cake for dessertSpecial Features:
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I used to love to come to K'ya for their tapas menu at reasonable prices. Now, their prices have increased (understandable), but their portion sizes have greatly decreased, rather than stay the same. Probably won't be coming back for a while.Special Features:
- K'ya was K'yawesome!TamboDined on 9/6/2014Got there a bit early for our reservation, so sat at the bar and had a drink until our table was ready. Dinner was fun. Our waitress, Janette, was friendly, very informative and made great suggestions. We (party of 5) ordered about four plates at a time and shared them and then when we were finished ordered about four more and continued on until we were sated! Janette was patient and helpful and happy from start to finish. We sealed the deal with dessert (even though everyone was admittedly stuffed) and were glad we did. Molten lava chocolate cake for all you chocolate lovers and the banana bread pudding was a must try.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!SD0627Dined on 9/1/2014Love love going to this place. The tapas food and specials are excellent. We always try something new and never disappoints. This time we ate outside on the patio on a perfect labor day with perfect weather. Paul, our waiter was super nice, attentive, and easy to talk to. If ever in Laguna Beach, this is a must stop place. Check out the rooftop lounge above as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermrsevansDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I came here for our 2nd anniversary. We made a reservation 2 days in advance, as it was Labor Day weekend. I've never been to a tapas restaurant and I'm so glad I did! We ordered the spicy prawns, beef tenderloin and hibachi salmon first. Holy crap, I'm still drooling over the salmon. It was served over quinoa in a coconut sauce....so good. And salmon is usually a hit or miss with me. I could seriously live on this dish. The beef tenderloin was super tender and I loved the mushrooms that it came with. The shrimp was good, not as warm as the other dishes and I wish it would have been spicier. We got the filet as well and that was amazing! For desert we shared the banana pecan bread pudding. Wow. So. Good. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently impressivekegsdDined on 8/31/2014The place was packed so we were happy we planned ahead. The service was a bit slow but understandable due to the amount of people on a holiday weekend. The food is amazing as were the drinks and we were not rushed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedRmac702Dined on 8/31/2014I have never been here before , I'm normally a meat and potatoes or mexican food type of guy . The servings weren't big or expensive so we tried several things . I was very impressed with each thing we tried . With drinks and all the food , it was probably the best bang for our buck out of the 5 places we ate at between Newport Beach and hunnington beach and of course luguna beach on our mini vacationSpecial Features:
- Great food but too loud and rushedlauraDined on 8/30/2014We love the small plates and variety of the menu but it is so loud and we felt so rushed that we will only visit on weekdays from now on. Several of our choices were amazing and just a few were fine. The prices are very fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot for Tapas in Laguna BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ate at K'ya for the 1st time this past weekend and it was really good. The tapas portion sizes are perfect and there are plenty to choose from. We ordered the bacon wrapped dates (wow), the lobster mashed potatoes (really generous with the lobster) and the braised ribs (really good). It is quite a popular spot and was full of people. On the down side, it took quite a bit of time for the food to come out. We'd certainly go back though and would love to try more dishes on the extensive menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This will be our last visitLagunalocalVIPDined on 8/20/2014Our waitress - Jayne - ruined this place for us. She tried shamelessly to upsell my wife on a cocktail, and brought out a dish we did not order. Her response? "Oh no, I'm pretty sure you did..." ?!?!? We ate it anyway because I knew it would be tossed if we didn't. But it was not even good - $9 for "Caprese" with 1 piece of Mozz, tiny grape tomatoes, and wilted lettuce. When we asked for the bill so we could go elsewhere, she asked why. My wife told her, and she said "oh no you ordered it; it's right here in my notes..." Wow. This place and Big Fish are the latest victims of the slow gentrification of Laguna.Special Features:
- fun spothellothisismeDined on 8/20/2014Great tapas menu, specialty cocktails, and of course the rooftop bar! Perfect night. Gotta try the sliders!Special Features:
- Laguna Beach gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014One of the best casual american dining establishments in Laguna Beach with an interesting menu of well conceived and executed items. The portions and prices designed to share. For visitors, the experience can go up several notches if you were to dine early and find a table on the roof deck where the Pacific ocean stretches out in front of you - almost close enough to touch, along with expansive views of the twinkling lights of the Laguna & Newport Beach coastlines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUTDEANVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have gone to K'ya regularly for many years and find that it is always very,very good. This past Sunday we went and found the three dishes we ordered to be even better they have always been in the past. Kudos to the chef. Wonderful dining. This is our favorite place to eat in Orange County by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies!!ColleenDined on 8/15/2014Love the choices of foods. Love tapas. We had several different dishes among three of us & loved all of them.Special Features:
- Loved our dinners!FreshFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Our salads (Goat Cheese, Fennel & Orange, Organic Gold Beet, Baby Tomato & Feta) and mains (Sumac Salmon, Chicken Tenders) were fresh and delicious. Red wine Sangria and mango and strawberry Mojitos great. Did not need dessert, but couldn't resist trying the Banana bread pudding--yummy. We plan to visit K'ya for dinner again next week!Special Features:
- disappointeddawnyDined on 8/8/2014The fact that all the dishes are very small is not an issue but the fact that they come at very different times is. We got the chips 5 minutes before anything else. We then got the rest of our dishes over the next 10 minutes but you couldn't really enjoy them as you didn't know how much more food was still coming
- Best food in Laguna near the OceanFoodieZDined on 8/7/2014Delicious food, fun with the tapas style dining and great Sangria. What more can you ask for? Oh, and it is in a beautiful location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food is excellent and service is great. It is noisy however and tough to have an intimate conversation.Special Features:
- I used to like it betterjuleruDined on 8/5/2014I liked the restaurant more before the menu change. It used to be a great meal for a reasonable price. Now its just small plates for more money. I dislike when a restaurant so obviously decides to give you less for more. And the noise level is over the top. Its so hard to talk. Before the food and the cost at least made it worth the difficulty talking during dinner. But now I think I will dine elsewhere more often.
- Very LoudJasonDined on 8/5/2014Great food and prices but don't bother trying to carry on a conversation with anyone hard of hearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014The food was exceptionally good.The service was excellent.They seated us right away.It was a perfect evening with the wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!LeslieDined on 8/1/2014We are regulars at K'ya and frequently recommend it to friends. Our last experience on Friday was the worst! We were seated at our reservation time but waited FOREVER for our food. After waiting 45 minutes for our appetizers to arrive, I finally got up to find someone to ask. Plus the portions seemed to be smaller than ever and not as tasty as previous visits. After dessert was served, got up again to find napkins for our use. Our waitress was not even apologetic, she seemed to be frustrated and overworked. Needless to say we won't be returning...Special Features:
- prices up, portion size downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014This has been our favorite restaurant for a long time. we come here regularly with/without the kids and used to love the food. Boy, were we shocked when we went here for my birthday on 8/1/14. The prices for most of the items including the kids meals went up at least 50% while the portion size went down by 50%, which is the equivalent of a 100% increase in price for less food. I understand wanting to raise prices but then to decrease portion size at the same time, that is downright greedy. Ex: kids meals went from $6 to $9 and 1/2 the portion size. Small plate flank steak went from $10 to $15 for a teeny tiny portion. We still love the rooftop for drinks and sunset but will not be visiting the K'ya bistro anytime soon again.Special Features:
- Awesome Food - Great Pricendm012379Dined on 8/1/2014**MAKE RESERVATIONS! The earlier the better!** First time visit with my Girlfriend (her Birthday) and a couple of friends. The food was so good. I definitely recommend the Filet Mignon Medallions and the Cajun Shrimp! We ordered a lot of food and quite a few drinks. When the bill came, I could not believe it. Great value for everything they offer.Special Features:
- Great night!NicksterDined on 7/30/2014Server Jane was attentive but not overbearing. She let us take our time and helped explain the menu to a few first-timers in our group. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered.. Some notables: Bacon wrapped scallops on creamed corn, hibachi salmon with spicy coconut sauce, filet medallions with Demi and blue cheese, you must also try the lobster truffle risotto. Bring lots of $$ because you won't want to stop ordering! The drinks are also bomb, but $14 mojito is a bit steep, but delicious and their house specialty. This place is great, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodyfixDined on 7/29/2014The food was sensational. I was unfortunately just passing through so didn't get a chance to go back or I think this would become my favourite restaurant. The short ribs were the best I've had, and the blue cheese salad was fantastic. My husband has the clam chowder everywhere we go and said this was one of the best. The truffle fries were great but a bridge too far for our stomachs. Great wine list and service. Very noisy when we first arrived but a large group left not long after so tolerable after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurant!VIGonDined on 7/29/2014Gotta go to K'ya for 'Happy Hour' - they have the best drinks and food for happy hour and you can't beat the prices. My husband and I always enjoy K'ya.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014Way over rated. Perhaps the roof top is cool, but the dining room is dark and dull and very unattractive. Impossible to speak without yelling at 8 on a Monday. Food was small plates but not interesting in a way that small plates should be! Flatbread was a total bust on matzoh and the meatballs had BBQ sauce dumped on what tasted like frozen meatballs. So many great restaurants in town, so we found this to be a total disappointment.
- Great fun eveningTCroDined on 7/27/20145 of us had a fun family evening at K'Ya Bistro. The food was fantastic - and with 5 of us sharing small plates - the variety was unbelievable. Our server asked if she could organize our choices into "courses". We of course said yes - and she did an excellent job. We had drinks at the Rooftop Lounge at sunset before dinner - so the combination of the two was unbeatable. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday NightCaliforniadiningDined on 7/27/2014We had a really good time. Great food, wine, and service. Waiter recommended both wine and food, and everything was delicious. The only minus would be our seats and table. It was not very comfortable. We sat at one of those bar tables, and my boyfriend and his friend are both very tall and were complaining that their back hurt. Next time, we will definitely request to sit at the lower tables. Except for that, everything was great and we will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Amazing!sarahyeehaVIPDined on 7/26/2014What an unforgettable experience! Gorgeous interior, steps to the beach, great food at affordable faire, energetic crowd, and live music. What a perfect place for a date night!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 7/26/2014We frequently go there for happy hr. This time, their menu has changed! Selections on happy hr menu for drinks are smaller & our favorite ahi poke is no longer on it (it is now $9). The entree portions are much smaller& prices have gone up. My hubby usually orders the lamb chops. It used to come with Brussels sprouts & potatoes. Now it is just the lamb chops with a bite of mashed potatoes? I'm not sure if other entrees are smaller also. Don't think we would go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- curiousgourmetVIPDined on 7/23/2014Small bites loaded with flavor. Whenever I'm in Laguna Beach I go to K'ya Bistro. Vibrant scene as we'll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K'Ya no ka oi.AlohawingsDined on 7/23/2014Having never been before, but following online recommendation , we thoroughly enjoyed most every aspect of the evening. Having come for dinner with friends, we found it vibrant, fun, and extremely enjoyable. The food was excellent, as well as the service. My only request would be to find a quieter spot, as conversation was limited with the noise level so highl. But I definitely plan to go again. Mahalo for your attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite resto in Laguna!beyaiDined on 7/22/2014I am in love with this place! Although a bit loud and crowded, my boyfriend and I had the best experience. Their bacon wrapped dates and medallion steak are amazing! We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food by the beachjustalipleaseDined on 7/22/2014Better than expected small plates in a beach twin where food tends to be less sophisticated. Have a cocktail on the rooftop lounge and watch the sunset then downstairs to dine for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsDanielleBDined on 7/20/2014I can not wait to go back. The food was amazing. I love the small plates concept. Every item I had was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical Hotel RestaurantokiedokieDined on 7/20/2014It is worth it just to step into the Casa del Camino Hotel and enter early Laguna Beach history. Small plates are the theme here, which our family enjoys the share experience. The favorites were the Ahi Poke and the scallops. We were there during 1/2 off wine nite so we could splurge some on our bottle of wine. They were out of our first wine choice but the waiter gave us a good recommendation. We always appreciate when the staff has been educated on the wines being served. It was an enjoyable family dinner of sharing,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usual!ApocalypticCupcakeDined on 7/19/2014This is our favorite spot to go when we have company in from out of town or are celebrating a special occasion. We frequently come here on a whim even if there's nothing to celebrate! The food is consistently amazing, and the wait staff are always attentive and personable. K'ya is a must see if you're visiting LB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great priceNancyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great small dish menu, enough to share and interesting options. We had party of 4 with a bottle of wine and it was less than $40 a personSpecial Features: