K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
1287 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kyabistro.com/
- Phone: 9493769718x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Sat-Sun 9am-11:30am at The Rooftop Lounge
Lunch 11:30am to 2:30pm at The Rooftop Lounge
Dinner 4:30pm to Close at K'ya Bistro Bar
Rooftop 11:30am to 9pm (Sun-Thurs)- 10pm (Fri & Sat)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Craig Connole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Outside Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Say “I Do,” at this historic, seaside boutique hotel in beautiful Laguna Beach.The restored 1929 icon offers a quintessential Southern California coastal experience with myriad nuptial, reception or private settings like the Rooftop Lounge for ocean views, wine cellar and Spanish courtyard, candlelit K’ya Bistro or the Grand Lobby of La Casa del Camino. Your guests will enjoy chef Craig Connole’s delicious Mediterranean-inspired fare from K'ya Bistro Bar.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa DeAngelo 949-505-5088x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment weekends from 6-10pm/Sun 5pm-9pm in the lobby lounge of Hotel La Casa del Camino.
- Special Events: Weddings, Private Parties and Corporate Events
A word from K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach
Coined by locals as the top favorite restaurant in Laguna Beach, K'ya Bistro Bar boasts signature small plate dishes that keep them coming back for more. Located inside the Historic Hotel La Casa del Camino, K'ya offers a diverse menu with a European-Style cuisine, reminiscent of simple Bistro and mediterranean dining. This bustling bistro is a stone's throw from the beach and reflects a lively San Francisco-esque atmosphere. Steak, Seafood, Chicken, Pasta, Burgers, Snacks, Desserts - all small plates with over 60 menu items making this the “ultimate Laguna dining experience!”. Come visit us during Happy Hour Daily 4:30-5:30pm $5 Food and drink specials and Bonus Happy Hour Buy Any Cocktail, Mojitos, Beer or Wine and receive Half Off on Any Food item on the dinner menu. For California casual fare, Hand Muddled Mojitos and the best sunsets in Laguna Beach, with amazing ocean and coastal views visit The Rooftop Lounge located atop La Casa del Camino-rooftoplagunabeach.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
K'ya Bistro - Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (98)neighborhood gem (76)hot spot (58)good for groups (47)special occasion (38)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (35)great for outdoor dining (22)scenic view (20)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great Tapas spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We love this restaurant because of its Tapas style menu which allows us to try lots of different items on the menu in one sitting. Dishes are creative and very tasty. Good wine selection and half price wine bottles on Sundays. Great ambiance and friendly staff.Special Features:
- great food, great atmosphereCB2005Dined on 10/25/2014we were a party of 5, had a great spot in the corner window. our server suggested we order about 2 plates each to share and we went over that, and left stuffed and super happy. all the food tasted amazing!Special Features:
- Gaums10Dined on 10/25/2014Everything was excellent. Food was delicious and the service was great. Friends really enjoyed it! We keep coming back!Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Portions were larger than expected. Food was all very good, especially the short ribs. We shared two salads, the short ribs and fries. Everything was excellent and we had more than enough to eat ( I am a really large eater). Made the reservation weeks in advance and we're placed at a table lookin right into the kitchen and a garbage can. Asked to be moved and moved to outside table which was much better. I would eat here again if I return to Laguna Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lookingforfunDined on 10/24/2014Happy hour was great! Good food, good service, ample portions, and very reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedsunydaiDined on 10/17/2014Found the food unappealing and ordered way too much of it based on the waitress telling us everything was small plates ( not) and meant to be shared. Noise was defining. Could not have a conversation
- GREAT AS ALWAYSDEANVIPDined on 10/14/2014The only restaurant in the area for real CUISINE. The place we go to when we want classically based, truly inspired, well executed, delicious food.Special Features:
- Excellent small platesMarisaPeasleyDined on 10/11/2014Great food, great service! I loved the scallops and my husbands filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNettieDined on 10/10/2014This was a real find...The service and food were excellent. Loved the tapas way of serving food. A little noisy if you are into a lot of conversation... we found it hard to talk to each other, but we would go back for the food. Wish there was more outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as Expectedndm012379Dined on 10/10/2014My second time here and it was just as good as the first. Our Server, Paul was wonderful! The food was great and service was fast. I cannot wait to go back for the third visit.Special Features:
- Great Food - Pleasantly SurprisedLuv2EatOutDined on 10/7/2014Not romantic dining unless by window. Food was fantastic. Lobster risoto carmelized onions, flat iron steak, creme brulee mashed potatoes. Will be returning, good service.Special Features:
- Fun nightckelle2Dined on 10/5/2014The food was great. It was a packed house, which made it a little loud, but wasn't a deterent from a good night. Had the lobster mac and cheese, salmon, and white bean cassoulet. All were very good. Server was respectful of our timing needs on hedging conversation and reading of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved the small size plates so we got to try 5!! All fresh and flavorfull except the tilapia it had a stange eggy batter Thumbs up on mojitosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Best spot in town for a romantic dinner that does not break the bank and the food is exceptional. You don't leave feeling like you ate way too much, each plate is just enough to share or eat on your own. We never have take home here, we always eat everything on our plates. We always have room for desert too!Special Features:
- One of my favsDbuttsDined on 9/28/2014Great food. Great atmosphere and fabulous prices. Love going to k'ya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour a must!PhilliesPhanaticDined on 9/27/2014Great food items and drinks at 5$ a pop. It gets pretty packed so be sure to make reservations. The portions of each tapa were pretty generous for two people. The best item on the menu were the coconut shrimp and baked meatballs. The best drink hands down were the wild berry mojitos. If you want a drink with a big kick go for the mai tai, definitley got the night started off right.Special Features:
- A FavoriteFundiningDined on 9/26/2014We love to go to K'YA. The small plates are wonderful for sharing. The prices are great. Happy Hour is the best! We always take friends and family who are visiting Southern CA. Reservations on weekends a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Had an excellent time at this restaurant. They were very accommodating to me as I had to change my reservation twice during the same evening. Outstanding meal all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyDined on 9/23/2014All three in our group thought the food was quite good, and consistent. I thought several of the dishes were rich, but tasted great (maybe just our selections). Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening..good dishessusanismVIPDined on 9/14/2014In bp visiting from dc. Wonderful time. Light bites..wine list good. Only problem was very noisy.Terrific service Had calamari...grilled lamb chops, filet mid on bites, grilled asparagus and flourless choclate cake for dessertSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Have been here 3 times and never been disappointed! It's a must to have a drink upstairs at The Rooftop first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I used to love to come to K'ya for their tapas menu at reasonable prices. Now, their prices have increased (understandable), but their portion sizes have greatly decreased, rather than stay the same. Probably won't be coming back for a while.Special Features:
- K'ya was K'yawesome!TamboDined on 9/6/2014Got there a bit early for our reservation, so sat at the bar and had a drink until our table was ready. Dinner was fun. Our waitress, Janette, was friendly, very informative and made great suggestions. We (party of 5) ordered about four plates at a time and shared them and then when we were finished ordered about four more and continued on until we were sated! Janette was patient and helpful and happy from start to finish. We sealed the deal with dessert (even though everyone was admittedly stuffed) and were glad we did. Molten lava chocolate cake for all you chocolate lovers and the banana bread pudding was a must try.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!SD0627Dined on 9/1/2014Love love going to this place. The tapas food and specials are excellent. We always try something new and never disappoints. This time we ate outside on the patio on a perfect labor day with perfect weather. Paul, our waiter was super nice, attentive, and easy to talk to. If ever in Laguna Beach, this is a must stop place. Check out the rooftop lounge above as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermrsevansDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I came here for our 2nd anniversary. We made a reservation 2 days in advance, as it was Labor Day weekend. I've never been to a tapas restaurant and I'm so glad I did! We ordered the spicy prawns, beef tenderloin and hibachi salmon first. Holy crap, I'm still drooling over the salmon. It was served over quinoa in a coconut sauce....so good. And salmon is usually a hit or miss with me. I could seriously live on this dish. The beef tenderloin was super tender and I loved the mushrooms that it came with. The shrimp was good, not as warm as the other dishes and I wish it would have been spicier. We got the filet as well and that was amazing! For desert we shared the banana pecan bread pudding. Wow. So. Good. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently impressivekegsdDined on 8/31/2014The place was packed so we were happy we planned ahead. The service was a bit slow but understandable due to the amount of people on a holiday weekend. The food is amazing as were the drinks and we were not rushed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 3 at a 2-topMulliganvilleVIPDined on 8/31/2014We love K'Ya and have dined here dozens of times over the years. We visited over Labor Day weekend and stayed at the hotel in one of their Casa Surf King rooms. The restaurant will call to confirm your reservation during the day. We had a reservation for two. When they called, I informed them we would probably be a party of 3. Indeed we were. The service can be hit or miss here. But, the hostess stand is routinely somewhat rude. When they sat us, they put us at a 2-top, knowing fully well it would be cramped. Simply, they don't care. When I went to speak with them, they got a bit snippy with me telling me we'd have to wait. Because, we all know that's the appropriate thing to do. BTW, a 4-top sat empty for 45 min. to our left.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedRmac702Dined on 8/31/2014I have never been here before , I'm normally a meat and potatoes or mexican food type of guy . The servings weren't big or expensive so we tried several things . I was very impressed with each thing we tried . With drinks and all the food , it was probably the best bang for our buck out of the 5 places we ate at between Newport Beach and hunnington beach and of course luguna beach on our mini vacationSpecial Features:
- Great food but too loud and rushedlauraDined on 8/30/2014We love the small plates and variety of the menu but it is so loud and we felt so rushed that we will only visit on weekdays from now on. Several of our choices were amazing and just a few were fine. The prices are very fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot for Tapas in Laguna BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ate at K'ya for the 1st time this past weekend and it was really good. The tapas portion sizes are perfect and there are plenty to choose from. We ordered the bacon wrapped dates (wow), the lobster mashed potatoes (really generous with the lobster) and the braised ribs (really good). It is quite a popular spot and was full of people. On the down side, it took quite a bit of time for the food to come out. We'd certainly go back though and would love to try more dishes on the extensive menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This will be our last visitLagunalocalVIPDined on 8/20/2014Our waitress - Jayne - ruined this place for us. She tried shamelessly to upsell my wife on a cocktail, and brought out a dish we did not order. Her response? "Oh no, I'm pretty sure you did..." ?!?!? We ate it anyway because I knew it would be tossed if we didn't. But it was not even good - $9 for "Caprese" with 1 piece of Mozz, tiny grape tomatoes, and wilted lettuce. When we asked for the bill so we could go elsewhere, she asked why. My wife told her, and she said "oh no you ordered it; it's right here in my notes..." Wow. This place and Big Fish are the latest victims of the slow gentrification of Laguna.Special Features:
- fun spothellothisismeDined on 8/20/2014Great tapas menu, specialty cocktails, and of course the rooftop bar! Perfect night. Gotta try the sliders!Special Features:
- Laguna Beach gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014One of the best casual american dining establishments in Laguna Beach with an interesting menu of well conceived and executed items. The portions and prices designed to share. For visitors, the experience can go up several notches if you were to dine early and find a table on the roof deck where the Pacific ocean stretches out in front of you - almost close enough to touch, along with expansive views of the twinkling lights of the Laguna & Newport Beach coastlines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUTDEANVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have gone to K'ya regularly for many years and find that it is always very,very good. This past Sunday we went and found the three dishes we ordered to be even better they have always been in the past. Kudos to the chef. Wonderful dining. This is our favorite place to eat in Orange County by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies!!ColleenDined on 8/15/2014Love the choices of foods. Love tapas. We had several different dishes among three of us & loved all of them.Special Features:
- Loved our dinners!FreshFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Our salads (Goat Cheese, Fennel & Orange, Organic Gold Beet, Baby Tomato & Feta) and mains (Sumac Salmon, Chicken Tenders) were fresh and delicious. Red wine Sangria and mango and strawberry Mojitos great. Did not need dessert, but couldn't resist trying the Banana bread pudding--yummy. We plan to visit K'ya for dinner again next week!Special Features:
- disappointeddawnyDined on 8/8/2014The fact that all the dishes are very small is not an issue but the fact that they come at very different times is. We got the chips 5 minutes before anything else. We then got the rest of our dishes over the next 10 minutes but you couldn't really enjoy them as you didn't know how much more food was still coming
- Best food in Laguna near the OceanFoodieZDined on 8/7/2014Delicious food, fun with the tapas style dining and great Sangria. What more can you ask for? Oh, and it is in a beautiful location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food is excellent and service is great. It is noisy however and tough to have an intimate conversation.Special Features:
- I used to like it betterjuleruDined on 8/5/2014I liked the restaurant more before the menu change. It used to be a great meal for a reasonable price. Now its just small plates for more money. I dislike when a restaurant so obviously decides to give you less for more. And the noise level is over the top. Its so hard to talk. Before the food and the cost at least made it worth the difficulty talking during dinner. But now I think I will dine elsewhere more often.