Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen
1137 17 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2T 0B6Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kuzina.ws/
- Phone: (403) 245-0060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Cathy Tipouikidis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen
Kuzina A Greek inspired kitchen has emerged on 17 Ave. Kuzina meaning kitchen in Greek is a modern representation of a Greek restaurant. Kuzina’s mission is to provide Calgary food & wine enthusiasts a memorable Dining experience. A clean yet warm ambiance awaits you. At the back of the restaurant a large wine room featuring over 70 labels all kept at perfect serving temperature. On the other side a beautiful quartz bar proudly displaying our wine by the glass system a perfect glass of wine every time. Our menu features many Greek favourites and some you may not have seen. A large appetizer selection make this a perfect place to have a nibble and glass of wine. Kuzina strives to offer the best ingredients and flavours of our native Greece. We hope you enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (15)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great RestaurantBobMDined on 11/7/2014Shared a number of appetizers for lunch - all were exceptional. Service was great.Special Features:
- Try Kuzina for LunchGuillermoDined on 10/30/2014Perhaps it is a bit out-of-the-way for the downtown crowd, but if you have the time, it is worth going the extra distance to Kuzina for lunch. I was surprised by how empty the place was on a Thursday over the lunch hour, but this made it the perfect spot for a lunch date. As a result, the noise level was low and the service was attentive. Both the lamb and chicken souvlakis were delicious. Those come with Greek salad and fries. Neither of us wanted fries, so our server kindly offered slightly larger salads instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KuzinaJaneDined on 10/25/2014The food a Kuzina was amazing we ordered the slow cooked lamb served with grilled vegetables and lemon potatoes - it was exceptional! We also ordered the greek ribs and they too were very very good, not too lemony and very tasty, served with lemon potatoes and greek salad. The service was also very good and the waitress was very informative, helpful and just the right amount of being at our table, much appreciated. The only small downside was ambience, it felt it catered to a little older crowd (I'm 54!) a little underwhelming….I think if they could get a more upbeat decor they would be considered a "hot spot"! as well as being considered for outstanding food :)….oh and we loved the brandi cheese appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for Greek food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and good selection of beer. Staff were very friendly although service was not very speedy. Definitely a great place for a relaxing dinner but not if you're in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek in CalgaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014This is perhaps the best Greek restaurant in Calgary. The food is fresh, extremely tasty and very nicely presented. The service was also outstanding, including visits from the chef to accept our personal complements. In particular, we enjoyed the Calamari which was to die for and the fresh fish, prepared to perfection. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely meal....DaisybreakDined on 9/27/2014I ordered the rack of lamb, my companion ordered the ribs... both were excellent. Done to perfection and very flavourful. The portions were nicely sized and wait staff was very attentive. We had a great meal. I'd go back again.Special Features:
- A Greek Inspiration on 17th Ave!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014Reserved a spot a Kuzina in a effort to find Kotopoulo - greek lemon stuffed chicken for my mom's 65th birthday dinner. I found the perfect place that did not disappoint. Kuzina is a great dining experience, well prepared food - good size portions, outstanding service and very kid-friendly. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a Greek food fix!Special Features:
- Quiet and great foodAbraDined on 9/21/2014Seemed to be very quiet in a Sunday but great staff and great food highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Food was terrific & far more authentic than your average greek restaurantSpecial Features:
- BeveDined on 9/20/2014Kuzina is lovely inside, and the servers were all friendly and helpful. The lamb special was fabulous, but my friend's basa fish was quite bland. We deferred on pita bread in order to wait for the olive bread that was 'coming out of the oven'. Said bread turned out to be barely-warm very bland brown buns without any olives. They dried out VERY quickly - microwaved? It was VERY NOISY, so would not recommend to people trying to talk privately with each other. I would return to try it out again, but stay away from the fish & buns, head directly for the lamb and pita! The dessert was very yummy, and zambuca ice cream is GREAT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING SERVICE~GREAT FOOD!christineluv2dineDined on 9/18/2014First time at Kuzina but won't be the last. Service is impeccable. Food is delicious. The staff go out of their way to ensure every plate is to your satisfaction. LOVE that there's parking in the back as this restaurant is on 17 ave so no need to pay. They even let us keep our cars at the back while we went to another event close-by. I highly recommend you try out this amazing GREEK restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Greek infused delightMasonDined on 9/6/2014I "found" Kuzina a couple of weeks ago while walking on 17th and the interior struck me as looking very sleek. I walked in the get a card and the aromas of the foods cooking in the kitchen guaranteed I'd have to try this place. A family business, everything is done first class, and loved my first experience so much I went back the very next weekend! I recommend this establishment very highly, it is one of the best dining experiences I've had in 7 years here in Calgary. Great food prepared with care and a wonderful staff make this a pleasurable experience. The barrel-cured feta is amazing, as is the wine list with something for every budget, no matter how refined your palate.Special Features:
- Great Greek FoodTravelSkeptic43Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been fans of the owner / chef for close to 20 years now. He started with Andreas Tavena on 4th street many years ago, followed by Athens by Night in this location, and now Kuzina. During those periods when he's in the business, his restaurants rank near the top for Greek cuisine. We dined the other night. I had Avgalemo soup and Kleftiko, while my wife had Tadzkik and ribs. All were excellent, but my soup did need a squeeze of fresh lemon to brighten it up. The selection of Greek wines is excellent (as are Greek wines - try them, you'll be surprised).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!KoolkatDined on 8/29/2014Please read my Calgary Food Blog below on Kuzina. http://calgaryflog.blogspot.ca/2014_08_01_archive.htmlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newly discovered new GreekAubergenieDined on 8/17/2014Had a great birthday dinner here with small family group. Food and wine both tasteful, elegant, not fussy yet delicious, reasonably priced and served with relaxed professionalism and without intrusiveness or snobbishness. Very enjoyable experience! Only change would be we were sitting near an open window and 17th Avenue was too noisy for my taste. I would have sat back further into the restaurant if I were to do it over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodSpiceIslandFoodieDined on 8/12/2014We were visiting Calgary and I had a hankering for Greek Food. I selected Kuzina from a choice of three greek restaurants with similar reviews. The staff was very welcoming. Our waitress was animated and engaging from the time we were seated till we left. She was very knowledgable about the wine list and the menu. The food, service and ambience was top notch. We will certainly go there again when next we visit Calgary. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeborahDined on 8/9/2014Kuzina is a delightful place to eat. Beautiful Greek food, and atmosphere equal to any you will find in Greece.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014This was another great dining experience. We tried the Quebec Brick Game Hen and it was very good although the calamari is still my favourite. Service was excellent and we were able to relax, enjoy some fine wine and have a great visit.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceJayneDined on 7/29/2014I recently visited Kuzina and was treated to a wonderful dining experience. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and added to my experience.Special Features:
- coopepi007Dined on 7/26/2014Overall okay. Was somewhat disappointed given the rave reviews. Rack of Lamb was delicious. Lamb kebabs not so much. Service was okay but was less attentive after we had our meal. Was a mess up on one meal as well.Special Features:
- Mostly GreatSharGilVIPDined on 7/26/2014Four of us were at Kuzina for the first time on Saturday and had a great evening although the service was a little lacking. Our waitress, while very pleasant, never asked us if we wanted a drink to start, nor did she ask us if we wanted wine with our dinner. She then tried to remove the basket of buns that we hadn't eaten yet. Finally, we were very full from the excellent meal and so asked to take the remainder home. My husband and I asked for ours to be in one container. When we got home, she had not included the untouched vegetables; even though the container was large enough to hold everything - disappointing! This is a beautiful room with very good food in a great location with just a few hiccups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What great flavourVinceInCalgaryVIPDined on 7/25/2014Authentic Greek dishes prepared to perfection. Great flavours and nice presentation. Try the pita and dips variety - excellent for sharing. Lots of seating - great for 2 to Groups. Service friendly and warm. I will go back.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great Greek!pammyDined on 7/17/2014Kuzina is a fantastic modern Greek restaurant. The service was friendly and the food was delicious. One in our group has Celiac Disease, and Kuzina offers a variety of gluten-free menu options that are all clearly labelled on the menu. My exohiko was great, and my boyfriend raved about his youvetsi. This was my second time to Kuzina, and it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014We pass by Kuzina often while commuting to work and finally stopped in for dinner on Friday evening. Absolutely terrific!! The atmosphere had a slight buzz. The service was really, really good. The food was spot on the best Greek food in town. The barrel feta was amazing and the lamb was perfect. Our waitress pointed out a really nice Greek wine that paired nicely. All around 10 out of 10. Thanks Kuzina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCTRTDined on 6/21/2014We were extremely happy with our choice to dine at Kuzina. Great atmosphere! The service was fantastic (Niko was our server). The owner visited with us after our meal. Overall we would highly recommend dining at Kuzina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Service issues that could have been easily resolved, but were not. Management unresponsive and outright hostile to complaints, spoiling a special occasion for us. Too bad, because the food was very good.
- Totally going back!spartacatVIPDined on 6/18/2014Loved this restaurant. Our server Christian took really good care of us from the moment we arrived. Shared the delicious calamari to start, and then on to our spectacular main dishes (Kotopoulo Gemisto chicken) and Rack of Lamb. Truly one of the best authentic Greek meals we've had in a long time. The fingerling potatoes were perfectly seasoned and lemony - just as they should be as well! Outstanding food and service... we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lamb is amazingMaryDined on 6/15/2014We went to celebrate Father's day and was amazing. The food, the service, everything..... I recommend the lamb and all dips and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlutenFreeDinerDined on 6/7/2014Great food, vibrant atmosphere, tons of gluten free options which were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lamb in Calgary!famous5fanVIPDined on 6/5/2014Kuzina's lamb dishes are always superb! Best in Calgary! My dining partners rave about their meals, too - souvalki, calamari, spanikapita etc.!! And the service is professional and friendly. Would definitely recommend Tiffany! She's excellent! Kudoos to Kazina!!!Special Features:
- Best Service in Calgary!t44nfrDined on 5/10/2014Kuzina is an awesome spot - great prices, great food, great hospitality, GREAT WINE SELECTION! The waitstaff and manager were fantastic. The manager even gave us a private tour of the cellar before our meal. After our meal, the chef came out with digestif on the house for himself, my guests and myself. Can't wait to visit Kuzina again.Special Features:
- good food, slow serviceMmmmVIPDined on 5/3/2014First time dining here. Food was good, but not amazing. It was the slow service that soured us. Had to ask the server twice for our beer/wine orders and never did get the second bottle of water (and no "sorry I forgot about it", just "sure I can get that for you"). Saving grace was that she was able to find some special Greek liquor that one in our group asked about. Hope this was just an off night for Kuzina (short staffed?).
- Greek with a differenceRobinDined on 5/2/2014Not your average Greek souvlaki joint! A very pleasant space, friendly if slightly over-enthusiastic service, and interesting food that will get even better if they try a little bit harder. Unique, and deserves support, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSteenTeamDined on 4/13/2014This was our first visit to Kuzina however everyone at our table really enjoyed their meals. We were there for an early dinner on Sunday thus the restaurant was quiet. Our server was attentive but not over bearing which let everyone enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itRichSherwDined on 4/11/2014I was in Calgary for a conference. I love Greek food and made a reservation to go the first night I was in town. The menu has some of the standard dishes, Saganaki, Spanakopita, Dolmades as well as some you may not find at your run-of-the-mill greek restaurant. Everything was so good that night I took a new group the next night.Special Features:
- Greek in CalgaryJaydogVIPDined on 4/5/2014In my experience good Greek food in Calgary is hard to find so on my first visit to Kuzina I was a little worried. I had no reason to be as it turned out very well. The food is a modern take on Greek and it really works. Specifically I would recomend the dips and the lamb. Service was excellent and the ambience was modern and comfortable. Will definitely go back the next time I have a hunger for Greek food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousKcassDined on 3/29/2014I have been to this restaurant twice now and have never been disappointed. I'm always astonished that it isn't busier. The food is so good. A lot of it made fresh in house. I find the prices very reasonable for what I would describe as an upscale greek restaurant. I have always had great service. I had a coupon for free dessert and Samos (a dessert wine). I was pleasantly surprised to find out we could pick our on dessert. I assumed that it was free so they would tell us what we could have and the wine was great. The only negative comment I would have is that they charge for water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek food with modern flairCheechDined on 3/28/2014Excellent Greek food served in a modern atmosphere. The saganaki (cheese flambé) was to die for, the grilled fish was simply prepared but very tasty, and we really enjoyed the ouzo ice cream. Our server was really friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantJmartDined on 3/24/2014If you love Greek, this is the place to go! The food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. I will definitely go back and take some friends with me for sure. Try it, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Eats & Experience.LateEatDined on 3/22/2014The food was awesome; not saturated in oil as you often get at Greek restaurants. Calamari was done to perfection, tzatziki is made in house; entrees were nicely portioned and the potatoes were perfectly marinated and cooked. Our service was terrific and the gentleman waiting on us was knowledgeable on the wines, pairings and menu. Lighting was a bit to dim for my preference but will definitely go back for another round. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.