Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen
1137 17 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2T 0B6Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kuzina.ws/
- Phone: 4032450060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Cathy Tipouikidis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen
Kuzina A Greek inspired kitchen has emerged on 17 Ave. Kuzina meaning kitchen in Greek is a modern representation of a Greek restaurant. Kuzina’s mission is to provide Calgary food & wine enthusiasts a memorable Dining experience. A clean yet warm ambiance awaits you. At the back of the restaurant a large wine room featuring over 70 labels all kept at perfect serving temperature. On the other side a beautiful quartz bar proudly displaying our wine by the glass system a perfect glass of wine every time. Our menu features many Greek favourites and some you may not have seen. A large appetizer selection make this a perfect place to have a nibble and glass of wine. Kuzina strives to offer the best ingredients and flavours of our native Greece. We hope you enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (19)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (19)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- AMAZING SERVICE~GREAT FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014First time at Kuzina but won't be the last. Service is impeccable. Food is delicious. The staff go out of their way to ensure every plate is to your satisfaction. LOVE that there's parking in the back as this restaurant is on 17 ave so no need to pay. They even let us keep our cars at the back while we went to another event close-by. I highly recommend you try out this amazing GREEK restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Greek infused delightMasonDined on 9/6/2014I "found" Kuzina a couple of weeks ago while walking on 17th and the interior struck me as looking very sleek. I walked in the get a card and the aromas of the foods cooking in the kitchen guaranteed I'd have to try this place. A family business, everything is done first class, and loved my first experience so much I went back the very next weekend! I recommend this establishment very highly, it is one of the best dining experiences I've had in 7 years here in Calgary. Great food prepared with care and a wonderful staff make this a pleasurable experience. The barrel-cured feta is amazing, as is the wine list with something for every budget, no matter how refined your palate.Special Features:
- Great Greek FoodTravelSkeptic43Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been fans of the owner / chef for close to 20 years now. He started with Andreas Tavena on 4th street many years ago, followed by Athens by Night in this location, and now Kuzina. During those periods when he's in the business, his restaurants rank near the top for Greek cuisine. We dined the other night. I had Avgalemo soup and Kleftiko, while my wife had Tadzkik and ribs. All were excellent, but my soup did need a squeeze of fresh lemon to brighten it up. The selection of Greek wines is excellent (as are Greek wines - try them, you'll be surprised).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newly discovered new GreekAubergenieDined on 8/17/2014Had a great birthday dinner here with small family group. Food and wine both tasteful, elegant, not fussy yet delicious, reasonably priced and served with relaxed professionalism and without intrusiveness or snobbishness. Very enjoyable experience! Only change would be we were sitting near an open window and 17th Avenue was too noisy for my taste. I would have sat back further into the restaurant if I were to do it over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodSpiceIslandFoodieDined on 8/12/2014We were visiting Calgary and I had a hankering for Greek Food. I selected Kuzina from a choice of three greek restaurants with similar reviews. The staff was very welcoming. Our waitress was animated and engaging from the time we were seated till we left. She was very knowledgable about the wine list and the menu. The food, service and ambience was top notch. We will certainly go there again when next we visit Calgary. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeborahDined on 8/9/2014Kuzina is a delightful place to eat. Beautiful Greek food, and atmosphere equal to any you will find in Greece.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014This was another great dining experience. We tried the Quebec Brick Game Hen and it was very good although the calamari is still my favourite. Service was excellent and we were able to relax, enjoy some fine wine and have a great visit.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceJayneDined on 7/29/2014I recently visited Kuzina and was treated to a wonderful dining experience. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and added to my experience.Special Features:
- coopepi007Dined on 7/26/2014Overall okay. Was somewhat disappointed given the rave reviews. Rack of Lamb was delicious. Lamb kebabs not so much. Service was okay but was less attentive after we had our meal. Was a mess up on one meal as well.Special Features:
- Mostly GreatSharGilVIPDined on 7/26/2014Four of us were at Kuzina for the first time on Saturday and had a great evening although the service was a little lacking. Our waitress, while very pleasant, never asked us if we wanted a drink to start, nor did she ask us if we wanted wine with our dinner. She then tried to remove the basket of buns that we hadn't eaten yet. Finally, we were very full from the excellent meal and so asked to take the remainder home. My husband and I asked for ours to be in one container. When we got home, she had not included the untouched vegetables; even though the container was large enough to hold everything - disappointing! This is a beautiful room with very good food in a great location with just a few hiccups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What great flavourVinceInCalgaryVIPDined on 7/25/2014Authentic Greek dishes prepared to perfection. Great flavours and nice presentation. Try the pita and dips variety - excellent for sharing. Lots of seating - great for 2 to Groups. Service friendly and warm. I will go back.Special Features:
- Great Greek!pammyDined on 7/17/2014Kuzina is a fantastic modern Greek restaurant. The service was friendly and the food was delicious. One in our group has Celiac Disease, and Kuzina offers a variety of gluten-free menu options that are all clearly labelled on the menu. My exohiko was great, and my boyfriend raved about his youvetsi. This was my second time to Kuzina, and it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014We pass by Kuzina often while commuting to work and finally stopped in for dinner on Friday evening. Absolutely terrific!! The atmosphere had a slight buzz. The service was really, really good. The food was spot on the best Greek food in town. The barrel feta was amazing and the lamb was perfect. Our waitress pointed out a really nice Greek wine that paired nicely. All around 10 out of 10. Thanks Kuzina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCTRTDined on 6/21/2014We were extremely happy with our choice to dine at Kuzina. Great atmosphere! The service was fantastic (Niko was our server). The owner visited with us after our meal. Overall we would highly recommend dining at Kuzina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Service issues that could have been easily resolved, but were not. Management unresponsive and outright hostile to complaints, spoiling a special occasion for us. Too bad, because the food was very good.
- Totally going back!spartacatDined on 6/18/2014Loved this restaurant. Our server Christian took really good care of us from the moment we arrived. Shared the delicious calamari to start, and then on to our spectacular main dishes (Kotopoulo Gemisto chicken) and Rack of Lamb. Truly one of the best authentic Greek meals we've had in a long time. The fingerling potatoes were perfectly seasoned and lemony - just as they should be as well! Outstanding food and service... we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lamb is amazingMaryDined on 6/15/2014We went to celebrate Father's day and was amazing. The food, the service, everything..... I recommend the lamb and all dips and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlutenFreeDinerDined on 6/7/2014Great food, vibrant atmosphere, tons of gluten free options which were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lamb in Calgary!famous5fanDined on 6/5/2014Kuzina's lamb dishes are always superb! Best in Calgary! My dining partners rave about their meals, too - souvalki, calamari, spanikapita etc.!! And the service is professional and friendly. Would definitely recommend Tiffany! She's excellent! Kudoos to Kazina!!!Special Features:
- The following 73 reviews are from the Kuzina A Greek Inspired Kitchen reviews archive.
- Best Service in Calgary!t44nfrDined on 5/10/2014Kuzina is an awesome spot - great prices, great food, great hospitality, GREAT WINE SELECTION! The waitstaff and manager were fantastic. The manager even gave us a private tour of the cellar before our meal. After our meal, the chef came out with digestif on the house for himself, my guests and myself. Can't wait to visit Kuzina again.Special Features:
- good food, slow serviceMmmmVIPDined on 5/3/2014First time dining here. Food was good, but not amazing. It was the slow service that soured us. Had to ask the server twice for our beer/wine orders and never did get the second bottle of water (and no "sorry I forgot about it", just "sure I can get that for you"). Saving grace was that she was able to find some special Greek liquor that one in our group asked about. Hope this was just an off night for Kuzina (short staffed?).
- Greek with a differenceRobinDined on 5/2/2014Not your average Greek souvlaki joint! A very pleasant space, friendly if slightly over-enthusiastic service, and interesting food that will get even better if they try a little bit harder. Unique, and deserves support, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSteenTeamDined on 4/13/2014This was our first visit to Kuzina however everyone at our table really enjoyed their meals. We were there for an early dinner on Sunday thus the restaurant was quiet. Our server was attentive but not over bearing which let everyone enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itRichSherwDined on 4/11/2014I was in Calgary for a conference. I love Greek food and made a reservation to go the first night I was in town. The menu has some of the standard dishes, Saganaki, Spanakopita, Dolmades as well as some you may not find at your run-of-the-mill greek restaurant. Everything was so good that night I took a new group the next night.Special Features:
- Greek in CalgaryJaydogVIPDined on 4/5/2014In my experience good Greek food in Calgary is hard to find so on my first visit to Kuzina I was a little worried. I had no reason to be as it turned out very well. The food is a modern take on Greek and it really works. Specifically I would recomend the dips and the lamb. Service was excellent and the ambience was modern and comfortable. Will definitely go back the next time I have a hunger for Greek food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousKcassDined on 3/29/2014I have been to this restaurant twice now and have never been disappointed. I'm always astonished that it isn't busier. The food is so good. A lot of it made fresh in house. I find the prices very reasonable for what I would describe as an upscale greek restaurant. I have always had great service. I had a coupon for free dessert and Samos (a dessert wine). I was pleasantly surprised to find out we could pick our on dessert. I assumed that it was free so they would tell us what we could have and the wine was great. The only negative comment I would have is that they charge for water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek food with modern flairCheechDined on 3/28/2014Excellent Greek food served in a modern atmosphere. The saganaki (cheese flambé) was to die for, the grilled fish was simply prepared but very tasty, and we really enjoyed the ouzo ice cream. Our server was really friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantJmartDined on 3/24/2014If you love Greek, this is the place to go! The food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. I will definitely go back and take some friends with me for sure. Try it, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Eats & Experience.LateEatDined on 3/22/2014The food was awesome; not saturated in oil as you often get at Greek restaurants. Calamari was done to perfection, tzatziki is made in house; entrees were nicely portioned and the potatoes were perfectly marinated and cooked. Our service was terrific and the gentleman waiting on us was knowledgeable on the wines, pairings and menu. Lighting was a bit to dim for my preference but will definitely go back for another round. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyableMikeDined on 3/22/2014The food has been excellently cooked and the staff took pride and often came to enquire about it. Seeing how much we have enjoyed the food the owner offered some more meat to us just to taste it. Very friendly.Special Features:
- Service was horrible. sheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Service was horrible. she took our drink and appetizer order but took almost 40 mins after our appetizer came to take our dinner order. the music was horrible, I couldn't decide if I wanted to sit and eat cause some greek music came on, or if I was at a rave because of all the horrible techno music came on.
- Always a great time!EstherDined on 3/8/2014The family run restaurant is always great. The service, food, specials and especially the wine list are always great. We were 4 for dinner and everyone had something different and we all raved about our meals. Thank you Kuzina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKC87Dined on 2/21/2014Randomly picked this restaurant for dinner with my parents and boyfriend. The food was amazing and t he prices were very fair. I had the stuffed chicken, my boyfriend had the ribs and my parents both Hadith e lamb chops. Each of us was extremely satisfied with the flavours and presentation. The chef himself delivered the meal adding to the experience. The wine list was satisfactory offering a decent variety. Service was good until the server had a large group come in and then she was slow with drinks and clearing the table. Other than that small blip in the evening I will for sure dine there again for almost any occasion. Can be dressed up or down, party or just a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningBigGunVIPDined on 2/18/2014Kuzina is a hidden gem! Food, service and atmosphere is outstanding. I highly recommend the trio of dips to start and the rack of lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food , service and ambianceFoodLoverDined on 2/17/2014We decided last minute to book Kuzina. Great choice. We were the only table on a Monday of a long weekend. Food was great, portions were generous, service was attentive, reasonably priced. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedcandrewsDined on 2/15/2014I have to say I was pretty disappointed by my visit to Kuzina. Appetizers were quite good. We had the Calamari, Tzatziki, and Dolmades. All of which were very good and I would recommend again to anyone. As for main we had finished our appetizers and had to ask to give our entree orders because no one came to offer to take them. My Wifes lamb chops seemed to be more fat than meat and she found it difficult to eat. My Cousin ordered the pulled lamb but the braised lamb came out and it was not until she was 1/2 done that we noticed. It was ok but the wrong order. I had the ribs that were ok but lacked flavour. The one greek potato also lacked the lemony flavour. Overal not spectacular except for appetizers but would not go for just that.
- ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife for Valentine's Food and wine were excellent We will be back Busy night and service was a bit uneven - to be clear, it was good. Just not up to the quality of the food & wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great People...AJHTDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went there, first time... Our server was awesome, very attentive and made some great recommendations. We ordered the trio of dips which were nice, I thought the portions were a bit small but the quality was there. Next up was a salad, which was outstanding and very fresh. I loved the added artichokes and they didn't overload the salad with onions it was just right, though a few more olives would have been nice I think ours had 4. Next was the recommended platter for 2, a good sample of the menu and according to our waiter was a "good deal". He lied... it was huge! And the quality, wow!!! My wife doesn't eat pork so they separated the ribs and sausage to a separate plate which made her very happy. Quality was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions but dryJs83Dined on 2/14/2014Wife and I went there for vday. Order the eggplant dip, quail, Greek ribs and lamb shoulder. The dip was amazing; however quail ribs and shoulder were very dry and didn't pack much flavor. The portion was above average. I would probably try another Greek place.Special Features:
- OK Food OK ServiceDinerDeluxeDined on 2/14/2014Beautiful restaurant along 17th avenue, but the food was mixed and so was the service. Slow service with lack of wait staff, it took a fair amount of time to place between a drink order, than appetizer, food/dessert, and finally the bill. In terms of food, the quality was mixed with overly chewy calamari, to overcooked meat. While the taste was generally decent, there are better greek food restaurants in the city, especially for the cost.Special Features: