Kurrents - Marco Island Marriott
400 South Collier Blvd
Marco Island, FL 34145Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Kurrents - Marco Island Marriott
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcoislandmarriott.com/dining_kurrents.html
- Phone: (239) 642-2695
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Asian
- Executive Chef: Juan E. Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: This upscale and trendy restaurant boasts prime steak entrees and delectable seafood.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz
- Special Events: Please call us # 239-642-2611 to find out more information about unique experiences like:
1) Baking classes -> let our Chef's teach you one of our secret techniques (that brought us to be No1 in the company for 4 years in a row now, for Quality of Food) while enjoying a mimosa or a glass of wine along with your lunch.
2) Exclusive dining experiences at either:
a) Chef's Private Table -> let us take you to a magic world in the Heart of the Kitchen where only few have had the pleasure to experience!
b) Kitchen's Counter Table -> let the Chef's craft and serve you their specialties by the Open Exhibition Kitchen. It is a 5-6 course dinner paired with unique wine selections.
A word from Kurrents - Marco Island Marriott
Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort's signature dining destination for a creative Floridian fine cuisine, emphasizing local sustainable and farm to table ingredients. The upscale environment features an open Exhibition Kitchen that infuses the restaurant with a constant flow of energy. Savor a glass of wine or specialty cocktail under the stars by the light and warmth of the outdoor fire pit while enjoying the ocean breeze. Discover what the islanders already know - Kurrents is the place for sophistication, romance and a show-stopping menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Kurrents - Marco Island Marriott - Best Restaurants in Marco Island ›
Kurrents - Marco Island Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)romantic (13)fit for foodies (9)scenic view (8)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014The food and service is impeccable! I never miss a trip to Kurrents when I come to Marco Island!Special Features:
- RobertDined on 10/4/2014Chicken dinner wasn't great but steak was. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Over rated, Too Expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I have dined here a couple of years ago, I had an unforgettable Diner for 2, of Steak and Salmon. I could have guessed things have changed since the waiter warned us that the Menu has completely changed!? (i guess he was trying to lower our expectations). Waiter seemed very old Fashioned professional, although out of touch with party of four adults. The place was pretty packed, although no wait, However there were several large Family Casual Parties with little kids wondering around and they have a kids menu. The food was very Expensive, as it was last time, However, i did not feel i got what i paid for. 3 starters, dissapointed. 20 oz. Rib eye with bone - disappointing,. Salmon - dissapointing. Veal - was o.k. we did not stay for dessert.
- UnderwhelmedJonTDined on 9/22/2014Perhaps my expectations were too high - this wasn't a bad experience, but I wouldn't rush back! Reviews lead me to expect something special .... this wasn't though and I'll explain why in order of experience: 1) Menu rather limited 2) The self-lit menus were presented immediately, but once ordered it took an age to get the 2 glasses of wine we chose. 3) Starters were slow to arrive, but as we'd just taken the last bite of these, our mains arrived. 5 seconds between courses is just a bit too short! 4) Food & service were both good - but not remarkable. 5) The price.... for 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine 1 dessert and 2 coffees it was just over $166 including an 18% gratuity - sorry, but just not worth this sort of money IMO!
- A gem of a restaurantYorkieMomDined on 9/6/2014Wanted an elegant, romantic fine dining experience as we were on an anniversary getaway that our son gave to us. We picked this restaurant and were very, very satisfied. It is five star all the way. The whole dinner was served and cooked to perfection. Will definitely return and dine at this restaurant. Absolutely loved it.Special Features:
- Kurrents-worth a visitFrankVIPDined on 8/31/2014If you are staying at Marriott Marco Island, then Kurrents is worth a visit. It is a bit pricey, but hotels usually are in that respect. The service was great and the food was very good. It was exactly as expected and we left satisfied.Special Features:
- GetawayDinersDined on 8/24/2014Really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and service was just right: attentive, pleasant. Food prep and presentation was spot on. Overall a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomFLTRMDined on 8/22/2014Ever since our first visit to Kurrents several years ago, we have found the food to be fresh and delicious, the wait staff courteous and professional and the overall dining experience worthy of a repeat visit. The prices are what one would expect to pay for fine dining and we always leave satisfied.Special Features:
- Wow!Mom23singsDined on 8/8/2014I always love to save one night while we are on vacation to have a special night at Kurrents. The food is always really special - I LOVE the sea bass - I think I have gotten it every time! The Soup and Sandwhich dessert is so fun and yummy!! I also LOVE the fun drinks and martinis. Ask for Enzo - he is a very knowledgeable waiter & great server! Love the new light up menu! I liked the music - but it was a bit loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the Kurrents - Marco Island Marriott reviews archive.
- Marco KurrantsTinkDined on 7/21/2014Always consistantly a great expereince! New menu items, fabulouse wines by the bottle or glass, great ambiance and service and the sea bass is byoned delicious!Special Features:
- meatatarianmeatyDined on 7/6/2014The steaks were great. We had rib eye and tenderloin and both were cooked perfectly and tasted scrumptious. The souffle for desert was good. Expect to pay dearly.Special Features:
- Had a great time!DaveVIPDined on 6/6/2014They accommodated our dietary restrictions and really went over the top with everything. The executive chef deserves an award for what he was able to come up with on the fly. The menu was great. Make sure you get the salad with the truffle oil dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceacroboyDined on 5/7/2014Probably one of the better hotel restaurants I've been to. Food was excellent. Service was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a happy EasterjaybirdDined on 4/20/2014We made reservations at Kurrents for Easter dinner and was really sorry we did. Hostess greeted us with complete indifference after we were seated my friend' husband asked if he could store his hat. The waitress said no and she was too busy to find one. She was rude, curt and one of the worst examples of a waitress I have had the displeasure to meet. She could not bring a craft beer, because she had never heard of one?? Our entrees were OK, nothing like the reviews. On top of all this, the waitress informed us that a 20 percent tip was added because it was Easter?? Do not go here for fine dining.
- TsunamiTenaftertenVIPDined on 4/13/2014There are currents and tides, but the is a tsunami for the senses. The pork belly appetizer was tasty in that salty way. Sea Bass and snapper entrees were exceptional. Entrees were delivered by the manager as well. A nice touch as well as a way to make sure everything is first class. Too bad we were on vacation as this place is a regular on anyone's list if you live nearbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel FoodstormhausDined on 4/9/2014After staying at the Marriott for a week and having conference food for a week, I was ready for a real sit-down dinner that wasn't served buffet style. Kurrents is the nicer of the restaurants on the property and looked like the best option for dining onsite. Our food was delayed, they comp'd us a dessert and the snapper was tough. The quality of my chicken from the banquet team at the Marriott was better than this. Our server was delightful, but I'd rather visit "The Little Bar" on the island or maybe just grab a granola bar from minibar next time. My recommendation would be to go offsite and find some quality food.
- Just OKjeromeDined on 4/2/2014We have eaten at many restaurants on Marco Island and Naples. This one in the Marco Island Marriott received very high ratings so we decided to try it out. The quality of the food relative to its price level was just OK. Nothing that I would call great. The service also was just OK. Don't see any reason to go back there given all the choices in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of the wait staff at thisPegWVIPDined on 3/26/2014All of the wait staff at this restaurant are extremely efficient and very friendly. The manager goes out of his way to make you welcome. There was lovely live background music that also allowed conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2014We had a family dinner while on vacation. The menu was good and the waitress was excellent. Steaks were delicious and prepared as ordered. The dessert menu could use a bit of work. The "souffle" was really a molten lava cake. Waitress pretended to not know the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/13/2014We had the seven course tasting menu and it was delicious and substantial. A good foodie experience!Special Features:
- Don't Deviate -CHansDined on 3/8/2014Our party included a tween and a child. One of them wanted baked Salmon from the child's menu. It was listed as stuffed with mushrooms. We asked if the mushrooms could be left off and were told the salmon pieces were all prepared in advance and the mushrooms were already in the salmon. We asked if the mushrooms could be taken out and were told "NO". There are many good restaurants on Marco Island and a good restaurant would have accommodated our request. Besides, who would put mushrooms in a child's portion of salmon? Otherwise, the food was very good, if pricey. The drinks and wine were outrageously priced. A bottle of Chateau St. Michelle Chard was being sold for 6 times what the local Publix charged during a sale.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014This was the first time we went to Kurrents and were pleasantly surprised. Reservations were prompt, lovely table, our waitress was just wonderful. We both had the sea bass it was the best sea bass we ever had. We have been served sea bass in many Naples restaurants and none could compare. This was a birthday dinner and they comped us a wonderful chocolate mousse. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aaahs aroundWhatToEatDined on 3/6/2014Our first time here. It was picked to celebrate our grandson's 21st birthday. He was impressed and so were we. We came on the night between meatless Ash Wednesday and the first Friday of Lent so we were primed for beef. For starters we had a terrific view of the gulf coast sunset. We got 2 filets and 2 ribeyes. All were cooked to perfection and served on a hardwood platter along with a veggie medley. There were no leftovers for the dog. We finished with Chocolate Souffle and a pastry called "Soup and Sandwich" No disappointments here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caught Fresh DailymjoyDined on 3/2/2014The food and service exceeded my expecations. I was expecting a typical cookie cutter Marriott white table cloth venue. We were very imressed and given plenty of time to decide what we wanted and our waiters descriptions and suggestions were spot on. The meal flow was perfect and the place has a very nice comfortable welcome feel to it. We dined inside but noticed once were seated and served a drink that there was outside seating available. No biggie we enjoyed the experience from inside. The blackened sea bass everyone writes and talks about was the best I ever had, moist and delicious. I'm not a wine guy but my companion enjoyed her selection and was impressed with the variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great serviceBillyDined on 2/23/2014The sea bass was incredible ! Our server , Enzo, was over the top and went beyond beyond the normal service expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and excellentAble2talkDined on 2/11/2014Excellent food and excellent service. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would dine here again.BeaudogDined on 1/25/2014I had eagerly anticipated dining at Kurrants,after reading their menu during the week. We arrived on time for on time for our reservation only to be ignored at the door. Finally,the hostess came over and sat us at a table up front, I guess she could tell by our faces that we were not happy. She, rather abruptly told us, " just because you have a reservation does not mean you get a good table. It's this or a booth." We took the booth. Our waitress, on the other hand, was wonderful. She was knowledgeable about the wine list, and food pairings. She expertly recommended the strip steak for my husband and the snapper for me. The snapper was presented beautifully ,but was over cooked. The beef was perfect. The cheesy bread is addicting!Special Features:
- Seafood DelightBob7Dined on 1/21/2014My wife and I were staying at another Marriott property and Kurrents was close and highly recommended. It wasn't crowded at 7:30 so we had lots of attention from staff. Wine list offered a perfect range of selections for the menu. Menu choices were limited but adequate. Food was grilled in a visible kitchen and our selections were cooked perfectly - Ahi Tuna and stuffed Flounder. Loved the grilled Brussels sprouts also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chilean sea bassECW66VIPDined on 12/27/2013We ate her last year, and I loved the chilean sea bass. Fortunately, it is still on the menu and it is amazing. Melts in your mouth, an interesting and delicious hoisin glaze… service was very good. They make a great martini. This is one of our favorite restaurants on Marco Island.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving dinnerFoody92008Dined on 11/28/2013The service was the worst I have experienced in a long time. Maybe because 20% tip was added automatically due to Thanksgiving. The waiter didn't care at all about us. Also, the average age in this place was 70+. We are in our 40s. It was not an experience I would recommend to people who like a lively atmosphere. The food was good though, we had the New York Strip and it was a very good steak. Probably wouldn't come back though due to the old fashioned ambiance and lack of attention from the service.
- Overpriced for what you getPattyoVIPDined on 11/16/2013Menu limited as compared to previous years. We used to love coming to this restaurant. It's a shame it's a mear shadow of it's former self. DO NOT order the green thai muscles. HORRIBLE!
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerffxfoodieDined on 11/4/2013We really enjoyed our evening at Kurrants celebrating our 15th anniversary. Both the hostess and our server, Enzo, were fabulous in recognizing this as a special event. Enzo colorfully described the menu, making food and wine recommendations which were right on the mark. They brought us a special dessert, and sang to us, which was a first for us and helped to make it fun and memorable. We had calamari and shrimp as an appetizer, and for dinner husband had sea bass, I had stuffed grouper, and son had 14-oz. steak, all of which were enjoyed. Timing was all seamless. Our German hostess, who had been married for 52 years, gave us her congratulations and was gracious to share some secrets of a long marriage with us. Very special evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kurrents is AmazingBoCoMoFoodieVIPDined on 11/3/2013Our dinner at Kurrents was not only delicious, but our waitress Susan, hostess Katie and manager Dennis were all outstanding! The menu items and offerings were beautifully prepared and presented. The Sea Bass is a must. My 10 and 12 year old daughters split the filet (the kitchen graciously did so for them) and it was delicious. The wine list is lovely with some nicely priced bottles to choose from. I cannot wait to go back again when we are in Marco in the spring. I truly think this is the best food on the island, don't overlook it because it is in the Marriott. Even if you are not staying there, it is worth going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2013It was an excellent restaurant for a hotel destination. Good food and unbelievable serviceSpecial Features:
- Good findMPMSVIPDined on 10/25/2013We dined here twice, food was outstanding, service the second time a bit rushed, will go back.Special Features:
- good but not greatmike11111Dined on 10/10/2013The ceaser salad was great but the filet lacked seasoning or any mark of uniqueness. Would try somewhere else on the island before i went back. service was A+Special Features:
- Great experienceBenPDined on 10/8/2013Everyone and I mean everyone, made us feel special. Food was great, too. Service also superb. Just we'll done, can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome in Marco IslandAllrulesDined on 9/27/2013Awesome food and service after watching stunning sunset. I gave them a heads up that my wife had food allergies and that we were celebrating 30th anniversary. In each interaction, they brought it up before I could and even bought us a dessert. Wife got the filet and I had the sea bass and both were delicious. I ordered the most unusual dessert I've ever seen- Soup and Sandwich that was awesome. I was also pleasantly surprised at the reasonableness of the tab given the resort setting. Wanted to go back the next night but just ran out of time. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seabass awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2013Must try seabass, prepared perfectly. Lobster Mac & chz not as expected. Pricey wine list. Server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but short of expectationsGrillMasterVIPDined on 8/20/2013Upon arriving we found this restaurant to be elegant. We ordered a four-course special for $40 which included lobster bisque, salad, choice of entree (chicken, salmon, or steak), and dessert. The food was very good, but not exceptional. Same with the service; it could have been better. The experience was nice but not memorable. Overall, very good but we felt like there was potential for excellence. Did not meet our initial expectations.I would recommend this to a friend.