1217 21st St.
Sacramento, CA 95811Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kuprosbistro.com/
- Phone: 9164400401
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM. Sunday: 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM. Saturday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 3:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cristhoper Wood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The new Centennial Room which encompasses the upper floor of Kupro"s Bistro offers the utmost in old world elegance in the centralized mid-town area a perfect venue for hosting your next corporate meeting, birthday celebration or cocktail party. The intricate detail in the renovated century old woodwork offers a cozy yet elegant setting for your next planned affair. Our private party rooms can accommodate up to 75 seated for a plated dinner party or business meeting, and up to 150 for a standing reception.
- Private Party Contact: Hugo Herreros 9164410400
A word from Kupros Bistro
Kupros Bistro is a full service restaurant with an emphasis on serving seasonal, fresh, local ingredients. With executive Chef Cristhoper Wood, one of Sacramento"s finest, our goal is to serve five star quality "Bistro classics" that can be enjoyed by everyone in a relaxed and casual atmosphere at affordable prices. Providing quality and great value is our goal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kupros Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice ambience and reasonable valueIanKDined on 6/1/2013We sat upstairs. It is a nice old Sacramento house with nice atmosphere although the dining area is chopped up into many rooms. Service was attentive and polite. The food is good , not great, but the prices are reasonable and the value is good. It is not the place for a special night nor a place for serious foodies but is a pleasant low key option for eating. There was also some great jazz downstairs in the bar area with band called AMP.I would recommend this to a friend.
- While this restaurant hasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013While this restaurant has all the ingredients to be an excellent addition to Sacramento's offerings on the eating out front, the inconsistent and often delayed delivery of food resulting in diners eating at different times at the same table and the food being cold. I used to recommend Kupros to everyone but not anymore.Special Features:
- Cold Food, Cold Coffee!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/26/2013Five of us went to Kupros for brunch. The food and coffee was cold. They brought out two entrées then 20 minutes later another on showed up, then five minutes later the rest of them showed up. We asked the server for butter, but never received it till after we were done trying to choke down the cold food they delivered, and after we asked for the bill.
- The food was over cooked.QuakerdadDined on 5/19/2013The food was over cooked. Our orders were wrong. The room was very noisy. we were very disappointed.
- BeersReyArtDined on 5/12/2013This had an outstanding selection of beers, we went for dinner but it would see the bar was the better part than the food.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013The last two times we frequented Kupros, a place where we enjoy the food and the friendliness of the staff we were very disappointed because once we waited nearly an hour for our lunch and the last time the food for two of the people at the table was served to another table and replacement meals did not appear until long after everyone else at the table had finished their meal. Both times we had brought guests to introduce them to a great addition to the midtown offerings. We were big fans but won't be returning.
- Our group of 5 invited anOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013Our group of 5 invited an interview candidates to dinner. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. The restaurant was very quiet and perfect for the interview. While everything went as planned, this is not the place to try to impress a high level candidate, hence the 'good:ambiance' rating. If you are just looking for GREAT service and Good food, this place works perfectly!
- Fantastical!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Very nice people, chef too! It was great! All food very good... Jana and DarSpecial Features:
- Newly discovered gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2013What a delightfully unexpected surprise! I was looking for a midtown restaurant that I hadn't tried to take my friend to for her birthday before a B St play. This one came up in my Open Table search, I checked out their website, and thought, why not? Beautiful craftsman-styled renovated restaurant with a gorgeous stained glass ceiling over the bar! The menu choices did not disappoint, either. Our waiter was well-informed & attentive. My friend opted for the 3 for $10 items & I had the lucious pork chop special. We were both happy with our choices and agreed that we would soon be returning with our spouses!!Special Features:
- Great First Visit!StormkaapDined on 2/23/2013Great first visit!! We had an early dinner with friends and family. We were seated in a very private quiet area at our request. Service was excellent and we loved the background music. Excellent menu with many very interesting choices. Loved the 3 for $10 item - one of our group selected that option. I had the steak and it was excellent - different than what I expected, but excellent choice and very tasty. We had the house red wine - great price. We will definitely return - there are many other menu items that we would like to try and we love the decor and semi private rooms.Special Features:
- Great find!patvcDined on 2/16/2013Second time here and it was terrific both times. Kupros is the total package: great food, wonderful service, lovely dining areas and bar, and some of the best mixed drinks my husband and I have ever had (thanks Kegan). I would recommend for a romantic dinner or dinner and drinks with friends.Special Features:
- Although their grill was notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Although their grill was not working, the food they had available was exceptional and the staff was great and very accomodating. Great mimosas!Special Features:
- Great time- Arrived for anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great time- Arrived for an early dinner and the waiter was attentive and polite. Food was off a Valentine's Day menu which was a welcomed surprise upon arrival. Lots to like; 100% returning. Price was fair and acceptable.Special Features:
- The food was very disappointing,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was very disappointing, the service very good.
- Just read about Kupros onSuzyDined on 1/26/2013Just read about Kupros on Open Table and five of us went for an early Sat. dinner. The oyster lovers were thrilled and the rest of were very happy with spinach salad, hamburger and both types of tacos. We didn't have time for dessert but will definaly be back. They ran out of the bacon wrapped scallops so I wish they hadn't been on the specials board.
- Interesting menu. I'm notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/12/2013Interesting menu. I'm not sure the chef really has a great flair for selecting his cuts of beef. Some of the meat was gamey. I thought his attempts were interesting and probably deserves a second effort. Maybe just an off night. Server needs to be properly trained. No spook with coffee. Soups brought after the entree was served.Special Features:
- It was my worst dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012It was my worst dining experience ever!! Had to send my entree back....twice!! It was not edible. Could not cut it or chew it! I would have thought the chef or manager would have come by the table to apologize. There was no effort to make things right. I could not recommend this place to anyone. Terrible. Just terrible.
- I'm a little conflicted aboutLyndaDined on 12/30/2012I'm a little conflicted about how to write my review since I really do like the restaurant. My disappointment is due to the portion sizes. I've dined at Kupros on a number of occasions and have to say that my last two visits left me feeling cheated. In the past, the portion sizes of the "Pick Three" were larger and were easily "sharable"...not any longer. Also, the beer cheese is no longer on the menu and I have to say that was my most absolute favorite appetizer. I was a bit embarrassed since I raved about the place to my date and he wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- Shared a bunch of small plates,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012Shared a bunch of small plates, all fabulous, but most notable are the mac & cheese, beet salad, sweet potatoe fries...deicious!Special Features:
- We arrived for brunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/23/2012We arrived for brunch and a wonderfully warm welcome after enduring a torrential rain storm.This restaurant is a real treat that offers a wide array of "small plates" which aren't so small - we took home a doggie box of leftoever mac 'n cheese and brussel sprout - they were great the next day too.Great wine list - took the lead of our waiter who suggested the "Petite Petite (hope I spelled it correctly)- wonderful recommendation.We look forward to returning soon and have already recommended this "find" to friends.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2012We had a wonderful dinner. The waiter was very knowledgable about the wine list as well as the menu.Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2012The service at kupros was amazing and the food wad good. The real pleasant surprise for my wife and I (first timers) was the charm of the place. Will definitely go back to kupros.Special Features:
- There were four of us on aBuckeye1VIPDined on 12/2/2012There were four of us on a Sunday evening and we were the only ones in the upstairs dining room. The menu was inventive and the food was good. The service was good even though the server hd to come upstairs often. We were never rushed and had a great time and all of us would recommend it.Special Features:
- Service was very good; however,dinnerclubfoodieDined on 11/3/2012Service was very good; however, our waiter did not know the evening specials. Food was delicious. Loved the dessert donuts presented in a bag!Special Features:
- One of the best in MidtownGaylinDined on 10/30/2012Service is always outstanding and the food is very good and artfully presented.Special Features:
- Our waitress was fantastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012Our waitress was fantastic, very nice & communicative. I participated in the vegan challenge which they forgot to provide the menu for initially. The food took a while but the waitress was sure to give us a heads up (my bf & I were enjoying drinks and just hanging out). Also it got a bit chilly & w/o asking she had the outside standing heater turned on. When the food arrived, I really liked mine. Very flavorful, healthy & creative. I hope it will be a fixture on the menu. My bf ordered rib eye w/a side of sweet potato mash & a side of Brussell w/pancetta. He said the best part was was the Brussels. The steak, while it was "dry aged for 14 days w/a lot of love" was smothered in sauce which we didn't understand & the mashed potatoes were coldSpecial Features:
- Disappointing, but with potentialBADMDDined on 10/9/2012Very disappointing. Was waiting for the bone marrow - they had just taken it off the menu. They didn't have any kangaroo, and only had enough bison for two sliders. Those were pretty good. The poutin was also excellent, but can saturate your taste buds quickly. The Calamari had a smoky aftertaste that was not palatable to the 2 adults and 2 kids (10 & 12). The wine selection ea not as well- rounded as I would have liked.
- mixed review fora mixed up restauraMWReviewVIPDined on 10/6/2012Kupros needs to figure out what kind of restaurant it is and then focus on that. Noisy bar downstairs with TV blaring was disruptive to the attempt to make a quiet atmosphere upstairs. Food items were all over the place, ranging from Thai seafood soup to buffalo burgers. Some of our food items were quite good while others were mediocre at best.Special Features:
- It's basically a drinkingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2012It's basically a drinking and meeting place for young singles, loud, raucous, etc. The young people seemed to be having a good time. So, it is what it is. Note, the young ones appeared to be drinking only, not eating. You don't go for the food.Special Features:
- This is our third dining experienceGaylinDined on 9/28/2012This is our third dining experience at Kupros and we have yet to be disappointed with either the food or the great service.Special Features:
- Eh...Good for a place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012Eh...Good for a place to eat bar apps and drink beer. Not sure why this bar is part of Open Table. The service was slow until it was time to bring my check, which was brought when I was taking my first bites. Other than that my meal was overpriced and sub-par. But, I do have to say when my friends joined me later and we ordered the 3 for $10 apps they were much better. I wish I could have tried the Sangria that was advertised on the curb....but none had been prepared.
- On any of my past visits toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012On any of my past visits to Kupros, I would have given a solid four stars. However, I received cold crepes and my guest received burnt fries with the poutine. I will be going back, but expect better based on past experience.Special Features:
- Our waiter, Beau, was veryCinaVIPDined on 8/2/2012Our waiter, Beau, was very accommodating and catered to our needs. He made sure my girlfriend received a free dessert for her birthday. We enjoyed our lunches--hamburger, duck burger and boar tacos. Everything is made in-house and from scratch.Special Features:
- Great selection of pub foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2012Great selection of pub food and drink. Great waitstaff and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Really great food!Nice littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2012Really great food!Nice little table inside by the window!Special Features:
- Kupros - a mustCAMCKDined on 6/30/2012First off, Kupros is in a beautiful old Craftsman house. Very nice. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We both ordered the Seared Calamari Salad with green beans, kalamata olives, red onion, fingerling potatoes and a poached egg on top. Excellent. Wine was La Creme Chardonnay. Kupros is quite interesting menu with many tempting choices like their Chioggia Beets Salad and White Truffle Mac & Cheese. From Burgers to Niman Ranch Steak au Poivre, everyone will be happy here, which is why we'll return. As to noise-the dining room is upstairs and pretty quiet. Also, it's not hot-has overhead fans and west shade from outside trees. Outdoor dining on upper balcony. Bar area is downstairs. We recommend Kupros!! Oh, they're open Fri/Sat till 2!Special Features:
- SECOND TIME WE HAVE BEEN.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012SECOND TIME WE HAVE BEEN. FIRST TIME FOR BRUNCH . ABLE TO GET RESERVATIONS AT LAST MINUTE EVEN ON FATHER'S DAY. STAFF VERY NICE, FOOD GOOD, SERVICE SEEMED A LITTLE SLOW, BUT WE HAD TIME RESTRICTION, AND WAS JUST MY ANXIOUSNESS. IN THE END WE HAD PLENTY OF TIME.Special Features:
- Nice, But Hit & MissOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2012This was my 3rd time at Kupros. The ambiance (primarily due to the architecture & design of the place), is wonderful. However, I have found that the food is hit or miss. While the poutine remains a sinful savory treat & the specialty cocktails quite tasty, the ahi tuna poke was bland, with almost no fresh fish flavor. The "adult" mac & cheese w/ truffles, mushrooms & pancetta was very satisfying & thankfully not drenched with cheese. Their beer selection is quite varied and there's lots to please all palates. The chicken satay was average. The end of the meal brought disappointment again, as the creme brulee was more a lackadaisically-flavored vanilla pudding w/ no "brulee" at all. One wonders if the chef forgot where his torch was?Special Features:
- Kudros is a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Kudros is a great place to go for whatever you are wanting..always good food, nice atmosphere and welcoming service!Special Features:
- The location is great - buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012The location is great - building is beautiful. Love the bar and patio. Food however was just so-so. A little disappointed. Ordered from the dinner menu - maybe I'll try the bar fare next time.