Kumi Japanese Restaurant + Bar- Mandalay Bay
3950 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Kumi Japanese Restaurant + Bar- Mandalay Bay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kumilasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7026938300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Simon Yi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
A word from Kumi Japanese Restaurant + Bar- Mandalay Bay
Modern Japanese Cuisine with a Korean American Twist by Chef Akira BackContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kumi Japanese Restaurant + Bar- Mandalay Bay - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Kumi Japanese Restaurant + Bar- Mandalay Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)good for groups (27)hot spot (26)special occasion (24)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (15)late-night find (11)notable wine list (9)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice blend of traditional and newRaist34Dined on 10/18/2014Had a selection of cold and warm appetisers, the hot mess roll and sashimi. Loved the way the restaurant is both good at the slightly more traditional fare, as well as the Korean-influenced (and nicely spicy) new style. The hot mess roll was exceptional. Ambience is vibrant, and a tad noisy - but this was expected. Service was brilliant.Special Features:
- Better than expectedYummDined on 10/17/2014Pork belly roll and hot mess worth trying. Very good entrees as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time!JenGDined on 10/12/2014This was a first for us and it did not disappoint! Food was excellent and service was amazing! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Worth the visit..everytime!foodisgoodDined on 10/8/2014We had an amazing meal, wonderful ambiance.and our server Casey was so wonderful,personable and attentive that we went two nights in a row! The food was exceptional...every bite was delectable! We will visit everytime we are in Vegas for sure!!! The Richardson'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh....IronmansushiDined on 10/7/2014We got omakase for $100 pp. the food took FOREVER to come out. Food was good....especially the steak and chicken! The sushi was fine. Nothing epic. Wasn't worth the $Special Features:
- Great DinnerDeDeDined on 10/4/2014We had a nice relaxed dinner before going to a show and it was delightful. Service was amazing and very friendly.Special Features:
- Great findPinkyDined on 9/27/2014The staff was very nice, food was fresh and tasty. Drinks are a bit pricey and the portions of food are a little small. Would have been nice to have a couple of sides included in the price. Great experience all in all. Next time in Vegas...will eat there again.Special Features:
- Mediocre OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/23/2014Rock Shrimp appetizer was too heavy, and many shrimp were soggy from the sauce soaking in. Spicy tuna roll was dissapointing as it didn't taste like much, wasn't rolled tight enough, and wasn't spicy at all. Finally the Salmon sushi was the highlight of the meal, but at $12 for 2 very small pieces it was overpriced. Overall, the food was so-so and overpriced for what you get.
- ok dining experiencesushimad16Dined on 9/20/2014it was an ok dining experience. it was my wife B-day, we had attended the MJ one show so we found somewhere in the hotel to dine. My wife had lamb, I had sushi and food was good. Thought the music in the place was a bit loud though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Overpriced!! Most of the sushi rolls were small and not filling for the amount of money they cost. Walked away hungry and unsatisfied after spending $200.00.
- Great experience. Amazing food!UnclepaulyDined on 9/14/2014My wife and her friend had been before and said it was a must. Excellent overall. Service outstanding. Food amazing! Gotta try the Kobe beef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kumi JapaneseLyndaeddyDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was very good. All the rolls were very fresh and they had some interesting one. The Hot Mess was very good as was the PopRocks. Not your typical maki rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As One Could Hope ForProfessorVIPDined on 9/9/2014Excellent sushi, fantastic sashimi. We ordered the chef's selection of each, the $38 menu choice upgraded to $75 each to include a higher choice of premium selection, and it was more than enough to fulfill two adult appetites. Add to it a $65 bottle of cold saki and it was a fantastic meal. We could not be more delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Spot!LoveFoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014My experience at Kumi was amazing! The staff were attentive, fast and knowledgeable! We tried several different apps and rolls. I would highly recommend the Yellowtail Serrano, Crispy Rice and Hot Mess! We also had a blue toro roll that melted in your mouth! The seaweed salad was one of the best I have ever had! You won't be disappointed with your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality goodDmanDined on 8/31/2014Excellent good, a bit overpriced for portion sizesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!KelleyDined on 8/19/2014We found out at the end of the dinner that our server, Britney, was new. She was terrific, attentive, great suggestions, and everything was delicious. We had someone who is not keen on sushi/sashimi and she enjoyed it as well. Their cold sake menu had a nice variety of flavors/pricings and we had several people who had not tried cold sake before become converts. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014One of the best meals I've ever had. It's the perfect sushi experience with a Korean influence. I would recommend to anyone who wants to have an incredible meal/experience...Special Features:
- a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014we had a lovely time as well as a notable dinner. the service was top notch and the waiters suggestions were spot-on. we will certainly come again next time we visit vegasSpecial Features:
- ExcellentExcellenSushiDined on 8/14/2014The food and environment were EXCELLENT! The service was outstanding! I plan on going back, and I recommend the Hot N Messy Roll! OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Night OutNightOutDined on 8/10/2014Often we go to nice restaurants we already are well aware of, but Las Vegas isn't your standard local home town with the usual home town scene. It's a joy to find places such as this that simply take care of you. Makes the Dining "Out" experience a joy.Special Features:
- Pricey!WalkedawayhungryDined on 8/4/2014The food is good, ambience was nice but over $200 later we walked away hungry (there was two of us.)
- One of the BestBDub1Dined on 8/2/2014We have been eating throughout Vegas over 20 years or so, and this, hard to believe, was our first time at KUMI. All I can say is "What the hell took us do long?!" The service seas outstanding, the ambience and decode beautiful and the food was some of the best Japanese we have ever had. It is in the "food" court-ish of the Mandalay, but don't let that dissuade you. It is adjacent to Strip Steak and is set a bit back. The music was great and you didn't feel you were in the middle of a casino. All I can say is try it, you will not regret it!Special Features:
- Great food and service!!susie549Dined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent and service just as good from start to finish..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot mess!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/28/2014Fab dinner from start to finish. Loved the hot mess roll the most.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian FushionBerkeleyBobDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a nice meal here with clients though be be warned: the restaurant is EXTREMELY loud and noisy and we had to strain to carry on an audible conversation. Also, check your bill as I was presented with a $600 bill when in fact charges we incurred were slightly more than $200 before tip! On average, 20% of all restaurant bills are WRONG! Overall, though, a good choice if you csn handle the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions, high pricesWndrbabeVIPDined on 7/13/2014Kumi was just "ok". The sushi rolls looked similar to those that come out of a black plastic covered tray at the grocery store and did not taste much different. The appetizers were slightly better but the portion size on all dishes, sushi included, is miniature in scale. The spicy tuna on crispy rice was literally the size of a Starburst candy. I had higher expectations given the price point.Special Features:
- Prepped AheadIanWVIPDined on 7/12/2014I ate at the sushi bar as I enjoy watching the chefs prepare the food. Sadly I noted that many of the sushimi plates and others were prepped ahead of time and wrapped in plastic. That would account for my food not being as fresh as I would expect.Special Features:
- nibbler62nibbler62Dined on 7/10/2014Great find. Food was outstanding with beautiful presentations. Waiter knew his stuff and recommended a wonderful sake to accompany our meal. His service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good good but loudTommyVIPDined on 7/6/2014There is a live DJ. If you like that kind of thing you'll love this. If you don't you'll find it hard to converse. Food and service are great.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 7/5/2014My only complaint was I was charged an extra $350 on my credit card. I am still waiting for credit to appear. The food was great, so were the drinks, although a little pricey. Service was good, everyone was very nice. RCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningfoodheavenDined on 6/28/2014Our server Chris was absolutely charming and very intuitive. Using his perceptiveness he guided us through the menu and wine list with impeccable taste and knowledge. The ambience was very nice, with a mixed clientele. We were not rushed at all and they were more than happy for us to sit and relax even after we'd paid the bill which was very reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the Kumi Japanese Restaurant + Bar- Mandalay Bay reviews archive.
- reliably excellent foodjagirlDined on 6/21/2014Pre-show quick order process and they will speed up for you. Tell them it is a pre-show. Excellent cooked food on the menu. Salmon best I have had in years. Really great. Good cocktails.Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/4/2014We went to Kumi as part of our Vegas vacation, and we weren't disappointed. From start to finish, the whole dining experience was great. The Hot Mess, Crispy Pork Belly, and Kumikaze Rolls were all fantastic. No complaints about the service, although it was maybe a tad too attentive: we had an early dinner, and the restaurant was not even half full. All the servers seemed to be moving in a constant lap around the dining room, and we had one waiter (not even our own) asking us several times if we needed anything. My only other quibble was that the restaurant was pretty dark, and I had to strain my eyes to read the menu. Overall, well worth the money spent; we'll go back some day.Special Features:
- Great Find!IanWVIPDined on 5/30/2014I noticed several mentions of Kumi on Twitter by sushi junkies. Decided that if they recommended it I wanted to try it too. They were right. The food was outstanding. Great specialty plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodDeirdraDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant has a good drink menu. The sushi was totally great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Wino949Dined on 5/28/2014We had a great dinner at Kumi last weekend. The sushi was incredible, and we are new to experimenting with sushi. Service and ambience were also impeccable.Special Features:
- BEST Sushi!!!SushiLoverDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I stay at Mandalay Bay every time we go to Vegas and eating at Kumi is always a must. BESAT SUSHI EVER! There is one with watermelon flavored pop rocks in it, sounds strange I know, but it is delicious! Great atmosphere and service, too. FIVE STARSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's VegasSolOVIPDined on 5/15/2014The food was good but pricey. I realize it's Vegas and restaurants cost more, but you can find as good if not better sushi/Japanese fund in most neighborhood sushi restaurants in LA albeit at 1/2 or 2/3 of the cost. We shared the rock shrimp and two rolls and it none of the dishes were anything special.Special Features:
- Good if not in rushGFdinerDined on 5/13/2014It was my first time at Kumi. The food was good, especially the pop'in rocks and crispy shrimp. The service however was very slow even with them not being very busy and they got our wines wrong 2 times.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!AdyMeyerDined on 5/8/2014Service was great, waitress was helpful and so friendly. Food was TO DIE FOR!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.