Kula Lodge & Restaurant, Inc.
15200 Haleakala Hwy
Kula, HI 96790Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Kula Lodge & Restaurant, Inc.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kulalodge.com/restaurant_lodge.htm
- Phone: 8088781535
- Hours of Operation:
Open 6:30 am until 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Casey Webster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz on Friday and Saturday Nights
A word from Kula Lodge & Restaurant, Inc.
The Kula Lodge & Restaurant located in Scenic Upcountry Maui is a mountain oasis on the beautiful island of MauiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kula Lodge & Restaurant, Inc. reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)special occasion (13)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Warm up on Haleakala2storyDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I stopped for breakfast after watching the sunrise on Haleakala. Nice views views from our window seating. Service was very good. Food ( eggs and Corn beef hash) was OK; nothing special but adequate. Coffee unfortunately was watery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service n food availabilityOahuMakaDined on 9/15/2014First of all I have made a reservation on lone and had gotten a confirmation. However, hostess said that it did not show that there was any reservation made. Service from waitress was moderate. Waffles were not available that day due to mystery reason waitress was very vague on reason why. So I was VERY disappointed because it's been over 20 years I have been to Maui and a very rare occasion that I would visit Maui to be told that one of Kula Lodge popular breakfast meals was not available. However, the ambiance and the view is spectacular! And my company at the time made it very much enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view!YumyumDined on 8/24/2014This remains to be one of my favorite spots on Maui. The view is incredible and the food is too! Just be prepared to spend some time, the islands are in no hurry and neither is the service at Kula Lodge. The food and atmosphere more than makes up for it though! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Lady from KiheiloveKulaLodgeDined on 8/24/2014We always take our visitors to Kula Lodge for a meal - could be lunch or could be dinner - both are outstanding at all times. Never received a meal there that was not outstanding. Service from the staff is beyond outstanding, they are frendly, very helpful and a joy to be around. The wine list is perfect as are the cocktails from the bar. The scenery is breathtaking and everyone we have ever taken there were truly in awe over our choice of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Maui 2014ChiTown1VIPDined on 8/8/2014We found Kula Lodge biking down the volcano 10 years ago and we go back when in Maui. Exceptional as always!Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere & FoodwannakeeptravelingDined on 8/6/2014Returned after finding this place 17 years ago. Still impeccable service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialPainDined on 7/21/2014Since I moved from Kula to Kihei I only get upcountry for special occasions. Our anniversary was the occasion so we pick a place that's special. Kula Lodge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I have eaten here several times. Food and service has always been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- viewMakenagurlDined on 7/18/2014I enjoy going to kula lodge for ther good food and wonderful viewSpecial Features:
- loved it!dinnerfor2aLmDined on 7/9/2014I had the furikake salmon. It was sooo good! Best service so friendly nice views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingrealalohaDined on 7/4/2014Austin Was Amazing. My Wife And I Were Treated Amazing. Kula Lodge Has The Most Prolific View Of Our Island. Between That, The Food , The Service, The Friendliness Of Staff.Truly AppreciateD it. We Will Be Back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Always love to stop at the Kula Lodge when on Maui.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the Kula Lodge & Restaurant, Inc. reviews archive.
- Great view and average foodRobert1973Dined on 6/20/2014The view is beautiful, but the average quality of the overpriced food makes this one restaurant to skip.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014Went on a Friday night when there was live music which was great ambiance. Food was very nice as was the service. View of course is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good view bad foodjgrabillDined on 5/26/2014Only fish on the entire island that I would not recommend. Food trucks serve better ono anyday, especially when it was a 40 dollar plate of what tasted like a dry fish stick. Great sun set though!Special Features:
- Touring Maui's Up CountrytravelerDined on 5/21/2014A perfect end to a perfect day of touring Maui's agricultural events. Even though it was partly raining, the view was fantastic with ocean views at both the southern and northern ends of Maui. The food was clean and delicious and they know how to make a good cosmopolitan! Service was attentive and the wait staff knowledgeable. If you're doing a day in Up Country, definitely cap it off with a stay at Kula Lodge and Restaurant.Special Features:
- Kula Hula Rock!ScottandMayetteDined on 5/19/2014Wow! Such a night, such a find! A wonderful up-country day was crowned with our dining experience at the Kula Lodge. We kicked back by the very cool fireplace..., we were escorted to our table with no better view anywhere. Our waitress....the the entire wait-staff treated us like family....it was SO MUCH FUN! The cocktails, bountiful wine list.....the food! Our waitress even offered, not just specials of the day, but personal recommendations that greatly exceeded all of our expectations. We fell in love all over again on this trip...and the Kula Lodge was a big part of it! Thank you guys!! We will tell everyone we know and we will return! This may even be.....our only daughter"'s wedding site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Mothers DayBud808Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I have been going there for years now. We have gone there for special occasions and for no reason but to go. My son loves to go there for lunch because the pizzas are great. Sometimes the waiters or waitresses are on the slow side because of the high turnovers in that department. My wife and I try to make it there for our anniversary every year. Years ago my wife and I had reservations for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. When we arrived we found the restaurant empty, apparently we were the only dinners that night and they remained open just for us. They could have called us to cancel our reservation but they chose to be classy and remained open just for us; that's just above and beyond what we could have ever expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayBeaverDined on 5/11/2014It was a great experience and we have done it several times. Views are awesomeSpecial Features:
- Locals out for Mother's DaylocalDined on 5/11/2014The view of both harbors and West Maui Mtns is what makes the restaurant a joy. Food is excellent. Atmosphere is cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it at all!!IowaDined on 5/7/2014The price of the food is double what it should be. Both had steak and mashed potatoes, steak had no taste at all. Makes Applebee's a 5 star resturant. Don't waste your money!
- Marvelous MemoryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014We celebrated dinner here for our 30th wedding anniversary and then returned the very next day after a morning hike for late lunch. Both times we were delighted to be carefully waited upon by Austin - he in itself was worth the visit. He was an impeccable server with great recommendations - including an amazing expresso on ice cream not even listed on the menu!!! A wonderful memory from a week in Maui.Special Features:
- Kula LodgeKelscomments01Dined on 4/27/2014Food was great and the scenery is gorgeous. We want there for breakfast and got a table by the window. The 4 of us had just come down from Haleakala for sunrise, so the waiting area was perfect with their nice, warm fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful View; OK Service; Food -Era818Dined on 2/18/2014Nice view, even with clouds! Service was OK - waitress tried to overcome food issues, but just could not. One of two plates was cold - sent back; replacement was not much better. Perhaps this restaurant will be better whenever they get a real chef.... They made no offer of a comp, dessert, return discount, etc. They are obviously hurting, and continue for the hotel business and the view., which is fab.Special Features:
- Food not so goodJohnDined on 2/12/2014I had braised short ribs. They were dry, and short on the sauce. Could have been served with more vegetables.Special Features:
- Kula UpcountrySuzeDined on 1/25/2014A lovely place to enjoy a meal while in the middle of the island of Maui...where you can see coast to coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a clear day or evening,mollymoDined on 1/17/2014On a clear day or evening, the view is MAGNIFICENT. The kitchen has just reopened and is getting up to par. The food was very good. The soup needs to be hot! The entertainment on the weekends is delightful and low key...a nice bar and/or fire to sit at while having a after dinner drink. A added note: we stayed at Kula Lodge in Cabin 2...rustic yet romantic. What a delightful way to start a stay on Maui. No TV no telephone. They just need to add a small table to the balcony outside.Special Features:
- Our server was sweet and thoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2014Our server was sweet and thoughtful, a bit overtasked with running up & down to the outdoor seating - but dining outside in those cute "huts" and to enjoy the view and the Hawaii breeze was well worth it. It's a wonderful destination for an afternoon drive to see a bit of "upcountry life". The menu was a bit limited the day we were there.... and the "new items" that are on the way sound fabulous. We all 4 enjoyed our food and our time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something happened in the kitchen.jb2014Dined on 12/27/2013We didn't get to the restaurant because they called me to say that they had some sort of kitchen trouble and that they were unable to serve guests. I filled in #1 and #2 from past experience.Special Features:
- Kula LodgeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Outstanding job all things considered, it's hard when the Chef and one of the other cooks walk out just before service.Food was good but not to prompt or complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 hour delay with reservationtwoodsVIPDined on 12/25/2013My boyfriend and I showed up for Christmas dinner after making a reservation via open table. We walked in past several disgruntled groups. We were then told by the hostess that it will be at least a 2 hour wait because "guests are lingering". It did not seem like they were trying to sort things out. They could have called us ahead of time...we suggested that they do so for the remaining reservations.
- UnderstaffedHifoodieDined on 12/25/2013Our group comes every Xmas, but this year was poor. Lack of kitchen staff delayed food for an hour- thereby losing some customers. Management needs to get their act together or risk losing further customers... Food tasted ok, though a bit priceySpecial Features:
- Very niceRickDined on 12/19/2013Great fireplace, nice to cuddle on the couch ,,, view is spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have visited Kula LodgeorchidDined on 12/18/2013We have visited Kula Lodge for lunch for the past number of years. We have enjoyed it in the past. The food quality has certainly gone down. Something has been changes in the onion soup recipe and it is a let downSpecial Features:
- Wonderful GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013We come to Maui every year and always make Kula lodge one of our must see places for lunch. My Sister recommended it to me and we have recommended numerous friends ourselves. You must try their Pizza cooked in Their outdoor Pizza ovens, most excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013I had a great time the staff was nice although our waiter felt a bit like a used car sales man and notably wanted us to buy the most expensive items on the list. But you cant beat the ambiance and I had a great time.Special Features:
- Great views! And that's it!Chet78VIPDined on 11/28/2013Kula lodge is nothing more than a tourist trap (which is true about most of the restaurants in Maui). We happened to see Kula lodge on our drive down from the summit on thanksgiving eve . The hostess did not seat us immediately, since she expected it to be a busy night and wanted to check with her manager if walk-ins are allowed. I immediately made 4::15 reservation on open table as everything was open. We were not seated by the window because it was a last min reservation. Seriously? My husband's onion soup was awful. The pumpkin soup that I ordered had an onion peel in it. The entrees were average and the dessert, a pecan pie was dreadful.
- The ViewPkammieDined on 11/26/2013The best thing about this restaurant is through magnificent view and may be worth. The stop in and of itself. The food is ok but not memorable. Thought the days of paying just for a view at restaurants had passed. Would be nice to have the food match it's view.
- Awesome viewBeccaDined on 11/23/2013Awesome view to have dinner by! Love the fireplace setting too where you can sit for a little bit and have a drink in front of the fireplace. Great prices and service was attentive.Special Features:
- Nice FindTeodoroDined on 11/10/2013My wife and I happened upon the Lodge Dining. We were very impressed with the service and food. Next time we are on Maui we will certainly dine there again.Special Features: