27 Temple Street
New Haven, CT 06510Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kudetanewhaven.com/
- Phone: 2035628844
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday & Wednesday 3:00pm-11:00pm, Thursday - Sunday 3:00-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Herry Darbi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Guest may reserve our 35 seat sushi bar, the platform adjacent to the main dining room or the entire restaurant with sufficient notice.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Garrett 2035628844
- Entertainment: We will feature live music on Friday or Saturday Nights
A word from Kudeta
Kudeta features a 35 seat sushi room as well as a dining room serving authentic Chinese, Indonesian, and Thai Cuisines with hints of Indian. We have an extensive saki and wine list to please the most sophisticated palate. Kudeta transforms from casual/elegant dining to a chic lounge atmosphere for the late night crowds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kudeta reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013Enjoyed our meal last weekend. Nice menu with a great variety.Special Features:
- great spot.bv203Dined on 11/23/2013Great place to wine and dine with your partner. Food was the best part. "asian food the best!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service...nonya2573VIPDined on 11/23/2013Food was good but service was abysmal, either there are not enough wait staff or our waiter sucked. Either hire more wait staff or train them better. The restaurant was not full or overly busy when we were there.Special Features:
- Flexible lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/20136 of us sat at a round table in a rather dark corner. The lighting was sometimes bright enough to see the menu, other moments rather dim, but was changing all of the time, which I found disconcerting. Our very pleasant waiter did not recognize several drink requests, perhaps because of language unfamiliarity. The owner/hostess, helped out with our bar needs and all of us were soon sipping well-prepared drinks. I did not get the sense that high quality ingredients were always being used. My shrimp and scallops was OK, but the scallops had a strange texture. I didn't eat all of them and didn't want to take them home. I enjoyed Kudeta, but probably will not return very soon.
- Great date night experiencen314cDined on 11/22/2013The sushi and drinks were awesome! The service was good and it has a great feel for a date night. It's modern and romantic which is a hard find. I really liked it and I don't think my boyfriend hated it :)Special Features:
- Dinner with a friendathenivanidxDined on 10/27/2013The drinks menu was really cool! Several different cocktails to choose from. My friend ordered some spinach and goat cheese spring rolls which were amazing! I ordered sesame chicken and it was delicious! Food is well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been there twice,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2013We have been there twice, and I had the same thing both times (Lobster Kudeta, because it was good!), and it was good both times which speaks to consistency. The service was friendly and attentive, and we were able to complete our dinner and make it to the show on time, and without rushing, despite the fact that we arrived late for our reservations (we told our waiter that we were attending a show that began at 8:00PM). Our overall impression is that Kudeta is a great restaurant, with a great menu (albeit very large), great food, great service, and a great value. We will return, and hope that Kudeta thrives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep trying...PhillyDined on 10/4/2013I keep going back to Kudeta hoping that the restaurant will return to the level that made me love it when it first opened...that was not the case on Friday nite- 10/4/13. It was really quiet with only a few diners. So, why wasn't my food hot instead of tepid? My husband's crispy spinach was anything but... My own meal could have been ordered from any local Asian take out....seasonings and flavors were really lacking...
- Kudeta ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2013I hadn't dined at this restaurant in quite some time and was looking forward to my upcoming dining experience. Partly because of a particular beverage that is on the menu, ginger beer. I can't find it anywhere and was looking towards tasting this unpopular drink. Once I arrived, I placed my order but unfortunately, Kudeta no longer has the beverage on its menu! I was disappointed. I settled for the Thai Iced Tea which wasn't satisfactory. It tasted quite bland. My soup was delicious and was savory in flavor and spices! The entree was alright. I usually order dessert but ran out of time due to another engagement after dinner. The server was attentive during the beginning but was MIA towards the end. Hopefully, it'll be better in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingbbyface4xDined on 7/12/2013Everything here was just perfection. Words cannot even explain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightDanielleDined on 6/28/2013It was my b'day dinner and we wanted to try something new, we were so pleased with this choice. I thought it was very romantic, food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied Menu is GreatKarenJamesDined on 5/20/2013We love the varied menu here--Asian fusion. We loved the spinach mango rolls (appetizer), soto ayam (Indonesian chicken soup). A tofu vegetable entree (can't remember the name) was not as good. A lot of other things still to try, so we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time in the cage at KudetaMadmommyDined on 5/17/2013We overall had a great time at Kudeta. An Eclectic dinning menu and extensive bar menu as well. I tried the Ginger Martini and fell in love. There were four of us and since we all wanted to try several things we shared 3 appetizers and 3 dinners and it was just right. Everything was delicious but service was a bit slow. Once we explained we needed to catch a movie everything was served at once ( as requested).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian Fusion RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2013Kudeta is a great restaurant with an Asian fusion menu. I've been to Kudeta twice now and would most certainly recommend it to anyone regardless if they're new to New Haven, CT or not. My first visit was with an old friend and it gave a very romantic ambiance with great service. My most recent visit was for a graduation dinner with a group of six people. The servers are extremely helpful, accommodating, and knowledgeable about the menu, also catering to your dietary needs/requests. I initially reserved a table for five, but then had to add another person at the last minute (the day of) and they were quick to say "no problem!" Their food is very flavorful and savory, while suitable for vegetarians and vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, eclectic menu, veryfoodieVIPDined on 4/18/2013Nice, eclectic menu, very friendly and good service but we were eating early and the place was empty. It isn't as perfect with a full house. Wonton soup is excellent. Worth trying. Very pretty. .Special Features:
- It was my birthday so I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013It was my birthday so I had very high expectations. The food was everything and more! I had a party of 10 and our server Maria did a great job making our experience a perfect one! I've eaten here before but never at night and for a special event, I was pleasantly please sad would definitely recommend this place. Thanks to Maria and the bartender for the birthday shots!Special Features:
- Most accommodating!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2013I made a request for special seating and was pleased to see that my request was granted. My guests were from China and spoke very little English. It was great that two of the chef's were Chinese and spoke the language. Although from a different region, they were able to communicate the menu selections in a manner that made my guests very comfortable.Special Features:
- A real disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2013This was let-down. Our experience did not meet our expectations. The restaurant's website is actually very well done. Presented the restaurant as upscale, plush, and modern. The decor and general vibe of the restaurant probably lived up to the website. The servers were nice but not particularly attentive. The most disappointing aspect was the food. I stopped eating out of disappointment. Appetizer was too greasy. Entrees seemed like frozen pre-prepared dinners. Shredded beef was tough and crispy. Seemed like average take-out or food truck fare. Would almost have to pay me to go back.
- VISITED NEW HAVEN AND WASOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013VISITED NEW HAVEN AND WAS QUITE PLEASED WITH THIS RESTURANT. IF I GO BACK AGAIN FOR SURE I WOULD HAVE A MEAL HERE.Special Features:
- although service was good,foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013although service was good,food seemed cold for as long as the waitSpecial Features:
- Decent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2013While the overall experience was ok, my ribeye came out very tough and underseasoned. My date enjoyed her dim sum and chicken hoison and my chicken satay appetizer was good. I was quite disappointed in the steak, however. Also, about a third of the wsy through dinner, we noticed all the tables being taken into another area as diners finished their meals. We ended up almost alone in an empty section of the dining area by the time we finished eating around nine. It was as if they were setting up a dance floor and my date and I were holding things up. Kind of strange. Our waiter was very nice and we were seated immediately.Special Features:
- Don't go when its cold.solo7VIPDined on 1/15/2013Was there on a cold winter night, another person in my party was cold. We were told that heat was not working well throughout the restaurant. We were moved twice before we found a worm spot. The sushi was good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- We had a late dinner aftersandyDined on 1/5/2013We had a late dinner after a movie, unaware that Kudeta has a second life as a hip hop nightclub. We were seated in the bar, our seafood dishes were overcooked. The atmosphere in the bar is completely different than the dining area: The lighting is bright, cartoons played on the television, we could hear every word from every table in the bar. We have eaten there quite a few times before in the regular dining room and had much better food and dining experiences in the past.
- One of my favs! Amazing sushi,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012One of my favs! Amazing sushi, apps, soups, dinners, everything! And no one makes martinis or in the flavors that they do! A must-try!Special Features:
- Solid asian/sushi place. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Solid asian/sushi place. My mind was not blown by any particular dish. However I walked away with no complaints. Everything was good. I will probably go back.
- Unique and deliciousLeenyVIPDined on 12/2/2012My favorite restaurant in New Haven...many healthy choices and even a sushi restaurant within this restaurant!Special Features:
- Another favorite in New HavenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012i had dinner here on 11/30 with my girlfriend.I called the restaurant to inquire about parking options.The lady who answered was amazing patient/thorough in providing me information and reassured me that she would keep my 6:30 reservation in place just in case I was delayed due to securing a parking spot.The decor is a great conversation piece.The waiter/waitress was extremely attentive and did not leave us too long without making sure we were okay. My girlfriend and I had not seen each other for some time so we did a lot of chatting before actually ordering our entrees and the waiter was very patient. I ordered the Malaysian chicken dish which was flavorful. The drinks are very reasonably priced!Special Features:
- A full variety of Asian specialitieS4decoratingDined on 11/17/2012A full variety of Asian specialities seemingly well done (at least what we tried). If you like Asian food at all, you are sure to find something you like. Fun atmosphere, too.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012The food was very good, but not especially hot (temperature). We had to make a show and we told them that when we sat down, but the food didn't come especially quickly: we had to eat pretty fast. But, even with that, I'd recommend it.
- Had to wait to be seated forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012Had to wait to be seated for ten minutes with a reservation. No hostess present to greet us and we were eventually seated by the hostess's 5 year old daughter. The food was excellent and the waitress was friendly and prompt however she was not too familiar with the menu or bar selection.Special Features:
- Go EARLY to have decent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012We got there at 9:15 for dinner, ordered a bottle of wine and a few sushi rolls for starters. Then, while we were in the middle of our dinner, we noticed the waiters were pushing the tables to the walls and getting the chairs on top. It was about 10pm and we felt a little awkward as it was early for the place to be closing, specially on a Saturday night. Then we noticed the place was turning into a sort of night club, and before 10:30 the sound volume was so high we had to run away from there, and we couldn't even finish our wine as it was unbearable to stay.Special Features:
- A Real SleeperLeenyVIPDined on 10/12/2012Kudeta has been my go-to restaurant for quite awhile now...there are many healthy food items, basically something for everyone...within this restaurant is a sushi bar that is outstanding...the sushi can also be ordered from the regular Kudeta menu. Service is always efficient and professional...food arrives in a timely manner and the ambience is first-rate! Whenever we are meeting friends in New Haven I always suggest this restaurant....everyone we meet who eats here is always pleasantly surprised and comments that they will come back. Kuteta is across College Street from Barcelona...but the food is Asian and so you can eat as little or as much as you'd like. Parking is convient in the attached parking structure or on the street.Special Features:
- Delicious food and excellentmidwyfeDined on 10/7/2012Delicious food and excellent service. My only complaints--it was cold and they played once CD over and over. Otherwise great and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Second time at Kudeta andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Second time at Kudeta and loved it both times. Food was delicious, presentation was lovely.
- We all enjoyed our food andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2012We all enjoyed our food and drinks, but it took a long time for the dinners to come out from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Odd atmosphere, marginal food.GeorgeVIPDined on 8/27/2012Odd atmosphere, marginal food. First and last visit.
- I was very unimpressed, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2012I was very unimpressed, especially after dining at Zinc and Heirloom restaurants. Kudta is not of same caliber and culinary sophistication as these two establishments. (All three are within a five to ten (5-10) minute walking distance of each other. Kudeta's wine list is very bland for its vineyards, basic in the varietals, and inconsistent regarding several vintages. Extremely surprised to see a limited and unimaginative saki list.
- Food is always very good atCTfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2012Food is always very good at Kudeta, what usually brings them down a few notches is friendly but slow service. This time we had a great and effecient waitress and a quick lunch time turn around.Special Features:
- My Wife's Birthday. I tookOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012My Wife's Birthday. I took my wife to Kudeta for a very special evening and was not disappointed. The atmosphere as always was perfect. Even though the kitchen was running behind our waitress made sure our appetizers and drinks were spaced out perfectly so as that it was not an issue. Our meals were cooked perfectly and tasted great. Our entire dining expierence at Kudeta was excellent.Special Features:
- food was excellent, best spicyBoochDined on 7/11/2012food was excellent, best spicy wonton I've ever had and the peanut sauce was wonderful....crispy scallops were great and my date had a beef with vegetable dish that she devoured, so all good...definitely will return. btw prices were reasonable spent $85 with tip for meals one drink and appetizerSpecial Features: