508 West 42nd St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ktchnnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128682999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm (late night menu from 11pm to 1am)
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dale Schnell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. For more information, please contact our Director of Catering and Events, Tonya Sanchez, via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special Events: Looking to host a special event? We have several options with spaces varying in size, both indoor and outdoor. For more information, please contact our Director of Catering and Events, Tonya Sanchez, via phone or email (email@example.com).
A word from KTCHN (KITCHEN)
Great crowds. Great food. Great service. Come for brunch, lunch, dinner and late-night dining at KTCHN, where our Executive Chef serves modern American cuisine, fixed in tradition and inspired by the seasons. Brought to you by the founders of the famed Eatery in Hell's Kitchen, we have the perfect setting for the perfect occasion. Get social with our large communal table and our spacious luxurious banquettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
KTCHN (KITCHEN) reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (62)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (55)special occasion (44)vibrant bar scene (43)hot spot (39)great for lunch (37)romantic (32)late-night find (27)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- KEENJVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good American food in a modern setting, adjacent to the OUT NYC hotel. Service was friendly and solicitous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Definitely a find. Very convenient for theater goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/26/2014Burger could use some "oomph". Sexy fries are aptly named.I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sothebestinLAVIPDined on 8/24/2014sad to see this place has gone south. used to frequent here a lot when first opened. probably won't be back. brunch food was dry and bland, service was rough. the server hardly spoke english and couldn't understand or communicate anything and didn't get what we asked for. it was really frustrating. and overall not very attentive. a lot of staff and it wasn't very busy so not sure why the service was so slow and had to suffer.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014I booked this restaurant last minute for a large party. The staff was friendly, welcoming and pleasant. The staff was the best part of the dining experience. The food was mediocre at best (bland, uninspired) and took over 40 minutes for appetizers to come out. The drinks took longer! There was 1 bartender for this large restaurant with a decent crowd at the bar. It took over 20 minutes even for a glass of champagne!
- It'd to eat before theatresusanismVIPDined on 8/23/2014Picked spot as near to the show we were seeing. Food ok but nothing spectacular. Wine was food and my companion had mixed drink that was tastySpecial Features:
- The food is delicious!TiffanyLynNYCDined on 8/22/2014We had a bunch of appetizers and cocktails. I recommend the crostinis, the shrimp tacos, and the mussels! Our waiter was super friendly and very sweet, he made us laugh a lot. It was a little loud, but there was also a party happening so that might be why- and we didn't really mind.Special Features:
- Lala1dinesVIPDined on 8/22/2014The Kitchen has extended the Restaurant Week menu till the end of August which I though was nice but with many limitations in dishes. We however enjoyed a "regular" dinner menu with absolutely delicious Chicken Tajine and Pretzel Pork!! Chicken was perfectly seasoned with hot spices and so tender and juicy that it was melting in my mouth, served with couscous, dried fruit and crispy vegetables and, nicely presented. Big portion of apple salad could had served as a meal on its own. Nice cocktails (I recommend Twisted Ruby) but limited wine list....Overall a very nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, SurpriseMaineDined on 8/19/2014I wanted to take my girlfriend out for her birthday to a place we have never been before and it was the KTCHN. The ambience was nice and the food was good. The surprise for the night there is a stage for life performances while dining. There "Hall of Fame" wall of pictures were unique. I would recommend friends to KTCHN; the surprise is the perfromance you would be caught of guard. EnjoySpecial Features:
- foodpinionDined on 8/19/2014A most enjoyable food experience with friends. Great atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Thoughtful ServiceThoughtfulDined on 8/19/2014My date arrived a little early and because I'd written in advance that it was her birthday, they were very aware and treated her accordingly.Special Features:
- great food, service a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food was very good, I had the meatloaf--delish and more than I could finish. My companion had a burger, again, a large serving. The blueberry cheesecake is awesome! The only complaint I would have is the service was lacking--our server checked once if everything was OK, but the food had just arrived. We never had an opportunity to order drinks. The front room is very well light, and there is a darker dinning room in the rear. At first I was disappointed we were in the front, but we had a booth by the windows which was AWESOME people watching. I would definitely come again. Allow for time to walk the lobby of OUT hotel which is attached. Great photo gallery.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at all what I had hoped forRadronaldDined on 8/17/2014Service was very disrespectful; Hostess "D" Waiter "C"
- Great ServiceAshleyDined on 8/17/2014Our waiter was outstanding! Had a great time and fantastic food!Special Features:
- Food didn't match pretty settingkellyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Apps were disappointing and too salty, while entrées weren't impressive just like the service. Warm molten chocolate cake was cold In the center. Staff seemed overwhelmed when the tables weren't full on a Sunday early evening. Maybe the main chef was off that day.Special Features:
- WselfnyDined on 8/17/2014The food has gotten better - but the draw is The Haus of Mimosa performing at brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KTCHNSaxxynycVIPDined on 8/17/2014Its not just for dinner. The brunch is a great deal andthe food is delicious. Have been there for dinner, but the brunch is delicious.Special Features:
- Upbeat and friendlyDennisDined on 8/15/2014We went for Restaurant Week, though only one of us ordered from the RW options, as the lunch menu is very limited in choices and the prices are low enough it is a bargain anyway. The food was tasty and the portions adequate. The room is modern and sleek and white and bright and shiny. The friendly and gracious staff are what really made it an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Its okay.StarvingSteveDined on 8/14/2014The food was tasty, particularly the veal special I had. My girlfriend enjoyed looking at the boys (staff).
- LOVE KTCHN!!!!LarsadorDined on 8/13/2014This has been my 5th time dining at KTCHN and each and every time I LOVED it!!! The staff is professional and friendly. The menu is a wonderful mixed to please any palate. The dishes are beautifully presented only to be outdone by the deliciousness of each dish! All the people I have recommended KTCHN to feel the same way. Don't miss out on this New York Foodie Treasure! Don't miss their Sunday Brunch with The Haus of Mimosa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable first visitmylisa35Dined on 8/13/2014I enjoyed my food very much. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Everyone at my table did enjoy their food and drinks. Overall an enjoyable experience and I will return. Soon!Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood hangoutSilvertowersfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014We found kTCHN the night we moved in down the street and it has been our go to place ever since. The staff is fun and friendly and the food is consistently well prepared and creative. Tempura green beans are a must have but prepare to be addicted. The service is over the top - the hosts remember me since my first visit and always take good care of me as a frequent diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekQueensheabaDined on 8/10/2014My friend and I went for brunch and we were able to see the drag show as well. We had a blast and the food was great! Unlimited mimosa for $30 with food you can't beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Wow...a little tucked away on 10th street...worth the experience as the food was excellent all round..had fresh oyster.so fresh that it reminded me of another vacation...fresh and home made pasta...delicious ..and the apple tart was amazing ..service was awesome, not intrusive..will be back.Special Features:
- restaurant weekShivDined on 8/8/2014I picked this restaurant from the restaurant week guide.The food was delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the sangria and the people were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunTastingTDined on 8/8/2014If you are looking for an extra indulgence go for the Mac and Cheese. It is fantastic and even though its heavy, it comes with a salad. Which made me feel better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingmimaguyDined on 8/7/2014I've always has impeccable food at ktchn but tonight,I had amazing food and amazing service. Jenna was terrific! Friendly, sincere and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArteVIPDined on 8/6/2014glass top tables wobble, booth backs are loose so if the weight is heavier on the other side you keep getting hit in the back, the toilets are something else, it is unisex with multiple booths in the same room without the benefit of floor to ceiling doors,.......and the service.....we were greeted by the only waitress screaming at us from the bar and asking if we had a reservation or just wanted a table. KTCHN is not just missing letters in its name its missing much mmore
- Chill VibeScyasmineDined on 8/5/2014This is a very nice, but chill ave to get happy hour drinks and dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanDined on 8/5/2014We ate dinner very early because we were going to a 7:30 show nearby -- restaurant was nearly empty at 5:30 so we can't judge noise level -- food was very good -- service friendly and efficient -- would go back if ever in that neighborhood --Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- house music detracts from good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2014disappointing '1990s type dance house music' took away from enjoying the good food, and the service was mediocre.
- Great but for loud musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent but electronic music made dining unpleasant unless one is into techno type dance noise. We left after appetizers as too grating for relaxing.Special Features:
- Haus of MimosaBarryBVIPDined on 8/3/2014The brunch is quite good. If you order the unlimited mimosas, ask them to leave a carafe on the table. This way they don't have to keep coming back and you don't have to wait for a refill. They will even refill the carafe once it's empty. The drag show is entertaining and fun.Special Features:
- great fooddiningloverVIPDined on 8/2/2014i find the food here consistently great and well prepared. the options are varied and the manager always helpful too.Special Features:
- Great!FoodisgoodDined on 8/2/2014Nice bright sunny spot! Love the ambience! Food was good and came out quickly. Really lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We ate here for brunch and the food was excellent! I wish I could say the same for the service but it was a little rocky. The drag show was so much fun, we loved it but our drinks were terrible! The "sangria" was just some red wine with an orange slice and straw. This place seems to be hit or miss...Special Features:
- A great first date spot!EatOut2MuchDined on 7/29/2014I am very happy with my dining experience at this restaurant. Why only (4) stars? Well, a couple of reasons. 1. My buddy ordered quinea bites that tasted very bland. The rest of the food was spot on. I had the meatloaf and loved every bite. I didn't expect comfort food in such a place so it was a welcomed treat. 2. The service was nice but not perfect. I had to flag down staff on two separate occasions to get another drink. I would recommend this place as a great first date spot though. Relatively private, quiet and upscale environment. You can share a hearty laugh without everyone looking at you too! I would definitely recommend trying this place at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maynardDined on 7/29/2014The staff was very professional and courteous. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was unique. We dined in the front section of the restaurant so the ambiance we expected to see the people traffic, but we were pleased with the whole expereince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fish & Chips in NYCRobertDined on 7/29/2014The fish was hot & crisp with a light batter. Large portion of fries and 3 or 4 pieces of delicious fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our date night experiencedining4serviceDined on 7/29/2014We had a GREAT date night experience there. Food was great and the service was good as well. Such a great find and the travelzoo deal was awesome!Would visit again when I go back to NYX!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.