508 West 42nd St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ktchnnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128682999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm (late night menu from 11pm to 1am)
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dale Schnell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. For more information, please contact our Director of Catering and Events, Tonya Sanchez, via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special Events: Looking to host a special event? We have several options with spaces varying in size, both indoor and outdoor. For more information, please contact our Director of Catering and Events, Tonya Sanchez, via phone or email (email@example.com).
A word from KTCHN (KITCHEN)
Great crowds. Great food. Great service. Come for brunch, lunch, dinner and late-night dining at KTCHN, where our Executive Chef serves modern American cuisine, fixed in tradition and inspired by the seasons. Brought to you by the founders of the famed Eatery in Hell's Kitchen, we have the perfect setting for the perfect occasion. Get social with our large communal table and our spacious luxurious banquettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
KTCHN (KITCHEN) reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (68)great for brunch (67)good for groups (57)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (42)great for lunch (37)special occasion (32)late-night find (28)romantic (27)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- So-so at bestchrismm1978VIPDined on 10/17/2014Arrived for 10p reservation to wait 15 minutes before any server acknowledgement even though there were only about 8 tables full. Once we did finally get service, it was friendly, but from the long wait I have to rate service as 'fair'. Food was not impressive, I can make better food in my own kitchen. The restaurant is modern and hip inside, too bad the food isn't as equally impressive.
- Excellent food!floridadiamondgirlVIPDined on 10/17/2014We dined here prior to Broadway show and couldn't have been happier with the quality and service. A quick walk to theaters. Loved the cocktails !Special Features:
- cag0716Dined on 10/16/2014limited menu but tasty. waiter was quite nice about letting me sample a wine before i committed to it.Special Features:
- vivaitalianycVIPDined on 10/13/2014The poor server, he tried the impossible mission. WHERE IS MANAGEMENT, NONSTOP BREAK??
- NotgoingbackVIPDined on 10/12/2014We must have hit them on an off day as the service was horrible and completely mistimed and the food was barely average.
- Cool and CasualGeoffLDined on 10/10/2014Ktchn is a great place to sit at the bar with a great cocktail and meet people, grab a table in the front to enjoy great casual dining and wattch the crowds wander by, or sit in the more elegant dining room. The staff are always super-friendly and welcoming, the food is fresh and interesting with a few American classics thrown in for good measure, and the cocktails are reliably excellent. The music matches the time of day and is never so loud you cant enjoy good conversation. We're local and this is the perfect place for us but we also highly recommend you make the trek to enjoy a great night at Ktchn.Special Features:
- runforfoodDined on 10/10/2014Lovely looking place, nice reception. But the rest of the service was lackluster and slow …. 13 minutes to get a cocktail? And when I mentioned to the server that we had an 8P curtain, he sort of shrugged it off. I told him I like to chew my food before I swallow it!!! The portions were also "small but cute". I run marathons; I need to eat!!!
- Fantastic! Great location!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was a hit in every way! Location to The Pearl Theatre makes it convenient for pre-theatre dinner. The staff was friendly and accommodating and a very comfortable atmosphere. The food was innovative and tasty -- with three very different palates, there was something for all of us. We were each thrilled with what we ordered. And we came back for dessert and coffee after the play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot off the beaten path!!RubyVIPDined on 10/10/2014We love this restaurant and this was my 3rd or 4th time here. As we were headed to the theater near the restaurant, we had an early dinner at 545pm. Both ordered the dinner consisting of a wonderful grilled romaine caesar salad, and for my main course I had the salmon with lentils which was exceptional and my sister loved the meatloaf. The dessert was wonderful too- hot caramel brownies in a bake dish with strawberries and ice-cream. Great wines by the glass and many beers on tap. You must go even if you are not going to the theater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quietly deliciousAC33VIPDined on 10/10/2014Had a midweek business lunch here and despite the short lunch menu, it was a perfect place to do business and enjoy a well-served meal. Our waiter could not have been more solicitous, the food came promptly, and while there weren't a lot of choices, everyone did find something they liked. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- My favourite place in the hoodArtlyVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great impoundment since my last visit for brunch! Service warm, friendly and discreet. We all had three different entrees, which arrived together, warm and tasty, the food fish and Turkey, well cooked, dides fitting perfectly. Happy to have this place nex doors,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good...if you receive it!MicBeth3Dined on 10/9/2014Went 10/9 for a late lunch with my BFF, 2:30 PM-ish. We wondered if this place could be a front?? Odd people in and out, very hush, hush and TERRIBLE service!! The worst I've ever experienced...the waiter was barely audible. Fortunately, our food was very good...but the wait and service was soo terrible. We'd never go back. The woman behind us agreed...everyone was kind of looking around.. Too bad...this restaurant has a lot of potential.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Love coming to KTCHN! The drag show on Sunday is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in NYCAlanKVIPDined on 10/5/2014As always....amazing! The food, customer service, and of course the show :). Thank you Miranda for being personable and if you have the chance to work with Diego Quintero....highly recommended! You all do so well!! Thanks again, AlanSpecial Features:
- New Menu--Very Bad Ideamanger123VIPDined on 10/4/2014I have eaten here quite often--my biggest complaint had been the service--staff were always too busy socializing with each other to pay attentio0n to customers. Between my last visit two weeks ago and my most recent, the menu has been completely overhauled. It is now basically the hotel room service menu--burgers, steak, salmon, tacos, pasta dish. In the past, the food choices were greater and more varied--and the food was much better--the chicken, the risotto, and the pork chop were especially good. We both had the fish 'n chips--both our servings were soggy--the fish breading and the fries. I'm moving KTCHN off my list of usual NY restaurants--despite how inexpensive it is to eat there.
- Price vs qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014I didn't think the food was worth the price. Had I not had the groupon I would have been disappointed to have paid the menu price that for an entree. For what they were chargng for an entree the quality of the meal should have been better.
- Great experience....spicyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Nice spot....have been passing it since it open....had a restaurant.com certificate that was gifted to me at christmas....certainly worth using. Will definitely go to this spot again...Food and service was very good....Special Features:
- WOW!FeedmeVIPDined on 10/2/2014A really good restaurant. The food was amazing. Service was a little slow, but overall it was very good. I will be back!Special Features:
- Never dissapointedArtlyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Although sometimes a bit pretentious, the ambiance is always friendly, should I say gay friendly and cheerful. Nice and gentle service. The brunch formula with a Mimosa open drink is just what it takes to light up a Sunday after a night out. Food was correct, well presented and tasty. Can't help it,I always go back.Special Features:
- Definitely want to go again!!GwwwweeDined on 9/28/2014Absolutely delicious food. Great service. Love that everyone is gay there. There was a wedding Sunday after-brunch going on as well, but somehow the entire restaurant felt very quiet. It's beautiful in there too. We went to KTCHN for brunch, but their all-you-can drink + dish option would make this a fabulous place for a meal later in the day too! We'll definitely have to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst food and service in NY!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Took my family here on a Travelzoo voucher. Horrible mistake! Ambiance was nice. Food was awful and the waitress only came to the table twice in two hours!
- Banging boothsNewYorkNancyDined on 9/24/2014Excellent food but slow service which made it stressful for pre-theater dining. Booths share backs so every time the diner at the table behind me slammed his back against the booth I got a jolt that propelled me forward into my table. Very annoying!Special Features:
- DisappointingOuzoDined on 9/24/2014Arrived late for our reservation expecting a huge pre-theatre matinee crowd…only 2 other tables were occupied. Modern, clean, attractive surroundings and convenience were the only good parts: indifferent service, withered lettuce on a luncheon salad, tasteless dressing. They were even moving a large piece of furniture, struggling to get it past our table. Wouldn't be surprised if they were out of business the next time we are in the area!
- ReneeMBVIPDined on 9/22/2014I have been and taken many friends here. The food is always great and we always have fun. I would say the only negative are the rips in the seats by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here when attending The PearlEastVillageFoodieDined on 9/21/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant. Their prix fixe is an excellent value and a perfect spot for dining before attending a performance at The Pearl Theatre across the street. They have a new chef who is turning out glorious food. The noise level is low and the dining room is serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Went there for brunch pre-theater. Hash was good. Over easy eggs were served over-hard. Pancakes were dime thin and had doughy, paste like consistency. Sorry, restaurant is needed in that neighborhood, but this falls short.Special Features:
- Signature Theater locationmicmacVIPDined on 9/18/2014Service can be slow if they are busy. Otherwise, good location for pre-theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHarryVIPDined on 9/16/2014Our dinner was very disappointing. I had a meatloaf that could only be described as 'bone dry'. It was served in the form of a giant meatball, with a little canned (???) beef sauce on top. My friend had the trout, which she said was ok. It's too bad, because we are locals. It was my friend's first time; my 3rd time. Something has gone wrong in the kitchen. We will not return.
- No longer a steal, but still a starSandyVIPDined on 9/16/2014I don't recall the entree prices being so high, which put a damper on our pre-theatre ordering. We had to make do -- sigh - with the addictive tempura string beans and lobster risotto cubes. High-end snacks, utterly delicious. And the servers are always charming, even if one is not a big spender.Special Features:
- great menu and excellent serviceJaneDined on 9/15/2014My party of 3 enjoyed a delightful dinner at KTCHN this week. My two friends noted great improvements in food and service since their previous visit last year. This is my second very happy recent experience at this restaurant which I heartily recommend for its food, service and convenience in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinnerDined on 9/15/2014Booked this for my 40th Birthday whilst visiting from the UK. Great atmosphere, decent menu. Waited quite a while for drinks and the waiter only took our starter orders and took the menus away it took us a while to get his attention after we had eaten them to order mains. There was also no chardonnay due to them changing suppliers all being said the waiter was very pleasant and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing11191977Dined on 9/14/2014Restaurant is clean. Food is nothing special & overpriced. Crostini was delicious, lobster risotto app good. Pineapple soup was bland. Pasta w/shrimp entrée was dry & bland. Pork loin was just ok. Chocolate lava cake was delicious. It is VERY loud with annoying techno music cycling over & over. If not for the fact that we had purchased a voucher we would have left. Servers, other than the gracious bus person, seem overwhelmed, inexperienced, & inattentive. Starters & apps served, but not the of wine. Server appears with another "wine list " written on the back of a napkin because the "wine list had changed." Cappuccino got cold waiting for cake. Another sever brought wrong desert. Undeserved 20% tip added to bill. Weird unisex bathroom.
- Drag BrunchHardBeingRheaDined on 9/14/20142nd time at this restaurant. Service was great. The entertainers were grest. They sang Happy Birthday to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014Amiable and attentive maitre de, but mediocre service on a busy pre-theatre Saturday night.
- Servvice Still Needs Workmanger123VIPDined on 9/13/2014You can't beat the pre-theatre special for price and amount of food, and the food itself is good. Service is always spotty. Staff spend more time socializing with themselves than attending to customers. I would never go here if I were in a hurry, and it has never been crowded the half dozen + times I have been here, but just the odd bit of attention to customers wouldn't be too much to ask for from the wait staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went here for dinner. The crostini/bruschetta appetizer (avocado shrimp salad, brie cheese, olive tapenade) was delicious. I also had the walnut and apple salad (good), the steak entree (tasty but a bit tough), and the chocolate cake (very good). The watermelon salad and the salmon entree were good. Service was very friendly and attentive. We had no problems using a voucher. The place is nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HepcatVIPDined on 9/11/2014Ktchn is a great little restaurant that appears to be very popular. We had been here several times before and enjoyed it each time. It is located out of the way on w 42nd st between 10th and 11th aves. We first came here with our grandson when he was 8 years old and he loved it. It is not really a kid's place, but they entertained him. We went in the evening, a first for us. We each had a salad and a main course and split a dessert. The restaurant was half full when we arrived at 6:00 pm but had people waiting when we left at 7:15 pm. The food was great, as usual. The chef takes a simple dish and does wonderful things to it. The food is enjoyed by all. The restaurant is bright and cheery as are the waiters. It is a fun place.Special Features:
- The kitchen at KTCHN is finelaura8VIPDined on 9/11/2014We go to KITCHn because of its location--it's close to Signature Theater. But we would'ntl keep goin back if the food wasn't good; it is. We have a few issues on services, but we are getting at that.Special Features:
- good for pre-showFeasterVIPDined on 9/9/2014Calmer and much better food than most places around Times Square. The special soup was wonderful and the atmosphere quite buzzy. Nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont go thereClopzDined on 9/7/2014Didn want to honor our reservation, so pretencious, fancy food terrible flavour, (how can someone not cook pasta right), found a hair in my meal, so expensive for what you get, pressured us to leave the restaurant at 10:30 pm, even turned on the lights on us. Will never go back or recomend.