508 West 42nd St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ktchnnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128682999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm (late night menu from 11pm to 1am)
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dale Schnell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. For more information, please contact our Director of Catering and Events, Tonya Sanchez, via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special Events: Looking to host a special event? We have several options with spaces varying in size, both indoor and outdoor. For more information, please contact our Director of Catering and Events, Tonya Sanchez, via phone or email (email@example.com).
A word from KTCHN (KITCHEN)
Great crowds. Great food. Great service. Come for brunch, lunch, dinner and late-night dining at KTCHN, where our Executive Chef serves modern American cuisine, fixed in tradition and inspired by the seasons. Brought to you by the founders of the famed Eatery in Hell's Kitchen, we have the perfect setting for the perfect occasion. Get social with our large communal table and our spacious luxurious banquettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
KTCHN (KITCHEN) reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)great for brunch (72)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (66)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (43)special occasion (42)great for lunch (41)romantic (31)late-night find (30)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointingHarryVIPDined on 9/16/2014Our dinner was very disappointing. I had a meatloaf that could only be described as 'bone dry'. It was served in the form of a giant meatball, with a little canned (???) beef sauce on top. My friend had the trout, which she said was ok. It's too bad, because we are locals. It was my friend's first time; my 3rd time. Something has gone wrong in the kitchen. We will not return.
- great menu and excellent serviceJaneDined on 9/15/2014My party of 3 enjoyed a delightful dinner at KTCHN this week. My two friends noted great improvements in food and service since their previous visit last year. This is my second very happy recent experience at this restaurant which I heartily recommend for its food, service and convenience in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Booked this for my 40th Birthday whilst visiting from the UK. Great atmosphere, decent menu. Waited quite a while for drinks and the waiter only took our starter orders and took the menus away it took us a while to get his attention after we had eaten them to order mains. There was also no chardonnay due to them changing suppliers all being said the waiter was very pleasant and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing11191977Dined on 9/14/2014Restaurant is clean. Food is nothing special & overpriced. Crostini was delicious, lobster risotto app good. Pineapple soup was bland. Pasta w/shrimp entrée was dry & bland. Pork loin was just ok. Chocolate lava cake was delicious. It is VERY loud with annoying techno music cycling over & over. If not for the fact that we had purchased a voucher we would have left. Servers, other than the gracious bus person, seem overwhelmed, inexperienced, & inattentive. Starters & apps served, but not the of wine. Server appears with another "wine list " written on the back of a napkin because the "wine list had changed." Cappuccino got cold waiting for cake. Another sever brought wrong desert. Undeserved 20% tip added to bill. Weird unisex bathroom.
- Drag BrunchHardBeingRheaDined on 9/14/20142nd time at this restaurant. Service was great. The entertainers were grest. They sang Happy Birthday to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014Amiable and attentive maitre de, but mediocre service on a busy pre-theatre Saturday night.
- Servvice Still Needs Workmanger123VIPDined on 9/13/2014You can't beat the pre-theatre special for price and amount of food, and the food itself is good. Service is always spotty. Staff spend more time socializing with themselves than attending to customers. I would never go here if I were in a hurry, and it has never been crowded the half dozen + times I have been here, but just the odd bit of attention to customers wouldn't be too much to ask for from the wait staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went here for dinner. The crostini/bruschetta appetizer (avocado shrimp salad, brie cheese, olive tapenade) was delicious. I also had the walnut and apple salad (good), the steak entree (tasty but a bit tough), and the chocolate cake (very good). The watermelon salad and the salmon entree were good. Service was very friendly and attentive. We had no problems using a voucher. The place is nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HepcatVIPDined on 9/11/2014Ktchn is a great little restaurant that appears to be very popular. We had been here several times before and enjoyed it each time. It is located out of the way on w 42nd st between 10th and 11th aves. We first came here with our grandson when he was 8 years old and he loved it. It is not really a kid's place, but they entertained him. We went in the evening, a first for us. We each had a salad and a main course and split a dessert. The restaurant was half full when we arrived at 6:00 pm but had people waiting when we left at 7:15 pm. The food was great, as usual. The chef takes a simple dish and does wonderful things to it. The food is enjoyed by all. The restaurant is bright and cheery as are the waiters. It is a fun place.Special Features:
- The kitchen at KTCHN is finelaura8VIPDined on 9/11/2014We go to KITCHn because of its location--it's close to Signature Theater. But we would'ntl keep goin back if the food wasn't good; it is. We have a few issues on services, but we are getting at that.Special Features:
- good for pre-showFeasterVIPDined on 9/9/2014Calmer and much better food than most places around Times Square. The special soup was wonderful and the atmosphere quite buzzy. Nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont go thereClopzDined on 9/7/2014Didn want to honor our reservation, so pretencious, fancy food terrible flavour, (how can someone not cook pasta right), found a hair in my meal, so expensive for what you get, pressured us to leave the restaurant at 10:30 pm, even turned on the lights on us. Will never go back or recomend.
- Great Pre-theater VenueGaryHVIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant's pre-theater prix fixe dinner is not only excellent, but a great bargain. Food is creative, portions just right, and service understands that people have to make a curtain time.Special Features:
- good but noisyonlywonDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good, but the kitchen was very slow and very noisy.Special Features:
- Perfect spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014Lovely decor, excellent food and service. This was the whole package!Special Features:
- Cool and hipHansDined on 9/2/2014Ktchn is a great place both for a romantic dinner in the ubercool designed restaurant, but also for Sunday brunch with the entertaining drag show. A must seeSpecial Features:
- Good diningWarrenVIPDined on 9/1/2014Nice place with generally good ambiance. Food and service were excellent but interior, such as seats (white couches at window level that we sat on, were in bad need of recovering. We were very surprised that the management hadn't taken care of this, which left a mild acetic feeling. Location was fair, right on 42nd Street, looking at every passer-by with no curtains on window walls.Special Features:
- OccasionalDinnerDined on 9/1/2014The service was excellent but slow. The food was good and restaurant was clean and comfortable. Food portions are small and prices are reasonable. It's a great place to step away from the normal hustle and bustle and just relax for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBrunchheavenDined on 8/31/2014Awesome service! Beautiful,friendly staff. Food was average. But can't beat the Boozy Brunch deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Very disappointed.....thought we would have a great breakfast, but it was no better than a Denny's.
- Last Time Here!NYCTravelerVIPDined on 8/30/2014On Saturday we were treated to poor service, average food, watered down drinks and a bill for 2 of over $300 with tip. Previously we've enjoyed this cool place, but not sure we'd go back again.
- KEENJVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good American food in a modern setting, adjacent to the OUT NYC hotel. Service was friendly and solicitous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Definitely a find. Very convenient for theater goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Went for dinner with my girlfriend. The food was good but overpriced. Slow service and small portions for the price. Not worth the visit.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/26/2014Burger could use some "oomph". Sexy fries are aptly named.I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sothebestinLAVIPDined on 8/24/2014sad to see this place has gone south. used to frequent here a lot when first opened. probably won't be back. brunch food was dry and bland, service was rough. the server hardly spoke english and couldn't understand or communicate anything and didn't get what we asked for. it was really frustrating. and overall not very attentive. a lot of staff and it wasn't very busy so not sure why the service was so slow and had to suffer.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014I booked this restaurant last minute for a large party. The staff was friendly, welcoming and pleasant. The staff was the best part of the dining experience. The food was mediocre at best (bland, uninspired) and took over 40 minutes for appetizers to come out. The drinks took longer! There was 1 bartender for this large restaurant with a decent crowd at the bar. It took over 20 minutes even for a glass of champagne!
- It'd to eat before theatresusanismVIPDined on 8/23/2014Picked spot as near to the show we were seeing. Food ok but nothing spectacular. Wine was food and my companion had mixed drink that was tastySpecial Features:
- The food is delicious!TiffanyLynNYCDined on 8/22/2014We had a bunch of appetizers and cocktails. I recommend the crostinis, the shrimp tacos, and the mussels! Our waiter was super friendly and very sweet, he made us laugh a lot. It was a little loud, but there was also a party happening so that might be why- and we didn't really mind.Special Features:
- Lala1dinesVIPDined on 8/22/2014The Kitchen has extended the Restaurant Week menu till the end of August which I though was nice but with many limitations in dishes. We however enjoyed a "regular" dinner menu with absolutely delicious Chicken Tajine and Pretzel Pork!! Chicken was perfectly seasoned with hot spices and so tender and juicy that it was melting in my mouth, served with couscous, dried fruit and crispy vegetables and, nicely presented. Big portion of apple salad could had served as a meal on its own. Nice cocktails (I recommend Twisted Ruby) but limited wine list....Overall a very nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, SurpriseMaineDined on 8/19/2014I wanted to take my girlfriend out for her birthday to a place we have never been before and it was the KTCHN. The ambience was nice and the food was good. The surprise for the night there is a stage for life performances while dining. There "Hall of Fame" wall of pictures were unique. I would recommend friends to KTCHN; the surprise is the perfromance you would be caught of guard. EnjoySpecial Features:
- foodpinionDined on 8/19/2014A most enjoyable food experience with friends. Great atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Thoughtful ServiceThoughtfulDined on 8/19/2014My date arrived a little early and because I'd written in advance that it was her birthday, they were very aware and treated her accordingly.Special Features:
- great food, service a little slowWannaBaCityGirlDined on 8/19/2014The food was very good, I had the meatloaf--delish and more than I could finish. My companion had a burger, again, a large serving. The blueberry cheesecake is awesome! The only complaint I would have is the service was lacking--our server checked once if everything was OK, but the food had just arrived. We never had an opportunity to order drinks. The front room is very well light, and there is a darker dinning room in the rear. At first I was disappointed we were in the front, but we had a booth by the windows which was AWESOME people watching. I would definitely come again. Allow for time to walk the lobby of OUT hotel which is attached. Great photo gallery.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at all what I had hoped forRadronaldVIPDined on 8/17/2014Service was very disrespectful; Hostess "D" Waiter "C"
- Great ServiceAshleyDined on 8/17/2014Our waiter was outstanding! Had a great time and fantastic food!Special Features:
- Food didn't match pretty settingkellyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Apps were disappointing and too salty, while entrées weren't impressive just like the service. Warm molten chocolate cake was cold In the center. Staff seemed overwhelmed when the tables weren't full on a Sunday early evening. Maybe the main chef was off that day.Special Features:
- WselfnyDined on 8/17/2014The food has gotten better - but the draw is The Haus of Mimosa performing at brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KTCHNSaxxynycVIPDined on 8/17/2014Its not just for dinner. The brunch is a great deal andthe food is delicious. Have been there for dinner, but the brunch is delicious.Special Features:
- Upbeat and friendlyDennisDined on 8/15/2014We went for Restaurant Week, though only one of us ordered from the RW options, as the lunch menu is very limited in choices and the prices are low enough it is a bargain anyway. The food was tasty and the portions adequate. The room is modern and sleek and white and bright and shiny. The friendly and gracious staff are what really made it an enjoyable experience.Special Features: