Krua Thai - San Francisco
3214 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Krua Thai - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kruathaisf.com/
- Phone: (415) 913-7886
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Thru Sunday
Lunch 11:30am to 4pm
Dinner 4pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Vegan, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Guerrero
- Public Transit: We are located in San Francisco's Mission District. We are only a couple minutes walk from the 16th and Mission BART station and right on the 22 Fillmore MUNI line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Plenty of street parking. Paid parking can be found on Hoff Street between Mission and Valencia.
A word from Krua Thai - San Francisco
KRUA Thai represents the fusion of traditional Thai dishes and a modern elegant setting. KRUA brings its distinct vision of Thai cuisine to San Francisco's Mission District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Krua Thai - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- SatisfiedDined on 11/15/2014Very visable sign. Nice decor. Congenial staff. Sat at one of the window seats - very comfortable. Great food. Good service.Special Features:
- Good choice in the MissionBurlpersonVIPDined on 11/3/2014Our party of four thought the fresh tasting food and variety was just right. We asked for medium spicy and that's what we got. Very attractive decor. Good service.Special Features:
- Tasty food and friendly servicewaleraDined on 9/27/2014Food was very tasty - spicy in a good way. We had drunken noodles with chicken - recommended by others - glad we got it - Plummy duck - was fine. Others liked it, i'm not a big duck fan. Pork larb - authentically spicy. Papaya salad. Zesty beef was my favorite. For dessert we had 3 yummy dishes - roti with coconut ice cream, fried banana with coconut ice cream, and mango with sticky rice -all soooo good! The wait staff were very friendly and the service was excellent - no issues at all. I would highly recommend this place. Just off the crowded mob scene that is 16th and Valencia, so it's convenient but you don't feel over-run by hipsters. I also very much appreciated the moderate noise level. Could actually have a conversation!Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Krua Thai - San Francisco reviews archive.
- Definite must seeCigarGuyVIPDined on 4/10/2014I was in SF for just a week and found time to eat here twice....loved it both times.Special Features:
- Thai at its finest...CigarGuyVIPDined on 4/6/2014Food was fantastic and service was good. I would definitely go back. Red Curry was my favorite of the 3 dishes we had...Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackstilesDined on 3/30/2014Krua Thai is just west of the busy block of 16th St. We were 4 people on a Sunday evening discussing a business matter over dinner. The dining room was not crowded. Lots of window space in an chic understated decor. Service was helpful and non-intrusive. Shared dinner was delicious. If you like Thai cuisine, don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mission district ThaiNYEaterDined on 3/22/2014Interesting menu, excellently prepared. Every dish our group had was very good. Low noise level is a plus.Special Features:
- FreshHappyCamperDined on 12/7/2013Beautifully, lightly fried tofu appetizer, very good larb salad, and flavorful curries, especially the Pan'ang curry. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't understand why onlySusieZVIPDined on 7/19/2013Can't understand why only two other tables were filled. This place is a gem - no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good ServiceSouthofSFVIPDined on 7/4/2013We had a wonderful dinner here on a quiet night. Food was very good and the service excellent. Wine list, which we skipped, was well rounded and moderately priced. We plan on returning!Special Features:
- Nice and EasydestinoVIPDined on 6/20/2013Krau Thai is located in a very popular part of the mission. However, they're never very busy. I think it's because they're not extremely trendy. The food is delicious without any fuss, the staff are friendly and respectful, and there is no stress of jockeying for a table. I will certainly return the next time I'm craving Thai food or looking for a great place to go with friends for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined ThaiGreengirlDined on 5/29/2013Very tasteful interior space, calm, sophisticated, friendly. Menu was diverse and they were able to easily make accommodations for vegan/gluten free. Tasty, not oily, lovely presentation. Staff were attentive, kind and professional. Would highly rec to my foodie pals.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service808DollyBoyDined on 5/24/2013Had a friend's BDay here. Had a flawlessly good experience. Shared our food Thai style. The curries were particularly superb. Great red wine selection, and was even impressed with their sangria. Ambiance is nice. Also doesn't hurt that one waiter who shall not be named is gorgeous! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I lived next to this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013I lived next to this place before it became Krua and no one was ever in there. feel like it's a tough location. Went there last night and the food was great! I was pleasantly surprised as the place wasn't very crowded, when we first arrived which had me worried. I feel like this place just needs people to try it and they will return as the food is the best thai in the area(Malai and thai house are sub par at best) and the service was fast and friendly. Try this place!Special Features:
- Service was good, but we askedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2013Service was good, but we asked if for mild dishes because we had children, but 4 of our entrees were medium to hot.
- Love this place! It's a gemChadHornDined on 3/8/2013Love this place! It's a gem that worth the search for parking if you're as crazy as we were to visit the area on a Friday night. Amazing service and amazing food, with beautiful decor. What else can you ask for?Special Features:
- The restaurant itself, thetavbooksVIPDined on 2/16/2013The restaurant itself, the food, and the service, are all fine. The problem we encountered was parking, as in, there is none [at least on the Saturday night @ 7:15 pm of our reservation]. If you're walking to the restaurant, by all means, give it a go; if you're driving, well, unless your karma is outstanding, be prepared to circle for a lengthy, lengthy period.
- Our whole party really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Our whole party really enjoyed the food here. Our party included two people who pretty much eat anything and two vegans. Everyone found something that they really liked and even had a hard time choosing with so many great options. We had tofu triangles, tom yum soup, drunken noodles, massaman curry (1 with vegetables and 1 with beef), and hot green beans. Everything was excellent. We all commented that we wished we lived closer - we would come very often.
- Great place to eat Thai food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Great place to eat Thai food. Has many traditional and fusion Thai-style dishes.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2013Great Thai food with a comfortable atmosphere. Will be returning here
- SUPERBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013I have celebrated my birthday there on Jan. 28 with friends. The service was excellent. The food was excellent and I can only say good things about Krua Thai.Special Features:
- Great Thai cuisine @ the MissionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2012Krua Thai provided a pleasant blend of good service and excellent food. The pad thai was deliciously sweet and savory. The Krua Thai sampler platter was a perfect starter at an amazing value. If you find yourself with a Thai craving in the Mission, Krua Thai will certainly provide the cure.Special Features:
- The quality of food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012The quality of food and service at the end of the night overcame the problem of locating a parking space in the neighborhood for at least 35 min. The restaurant should have a valet parking and/or recommend the closest public parking.Special Features:
- Very Very good!kendDined on 8/25/2012Some of the best Thai food I have enjoyed in a very long time. The Colored duck is highly recommended and they do traditional Pad Thai very very well.Special Features:
- The food was very good....butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2012The food was very good....but the service was horrible! The only time you got a smile from any of the wait staff was when you were leaving, if you asked for any thing they snapped at you. When we asked for another mint they said NO!
- If you asked for very spicy,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/19/2012If you asked for very spicy, it will come very spicy.Special Features:
- Loved it.CalJDined on 6/13/2012I love their menu approach. You can pick the protein source of your choice (chicken, topfu, pork, prawns, etc) and the presentatino of your choice (noodle soup, stir-fry noodles, cashew in brown sauce, etc).Special Features:
- Great ambience and service.jimmyDined on 5/6/2012Great ambience and service. Dishes were hit-and-miss. Green curry was outstanding, tasty and good and spicy! The chicken in my kid's sweet/sour was bland and a little tough, though. Good sangria.
- New restaurant with very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2012New restaurant with very good thai dishes. The mandaman curry and sriracha vegetables were very tasty. I was surprised about the Riesling wine they had in stock - isn't very Thai - but it worked well with the curry and spicy dishes we had.Special Features:
- 500 miles for Crispy Pad ThaiRichDined on 4/21/2012One of the few places in the country with Crispy Pad Thai. Amazing experience (I actually planned an entire trip to San Francisco around getting THIS dish at THIS restaurant. It did not disappoint.)Special Features:
- Decent Thai food; modern decorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012Very nice decor, sleek and modern, maybe just a little too spare, but very attractive. The service was fine and attentive. The food was decent Thai food, nothing spectacular, but perfectly fine nonetheless, i.e., I'm not saying it was bad, I'm saying it was good.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012Nice restaurant. Food not that special. Pretty typical Thai food. Not all that exciting.
- We arrived for a 7:30 reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2012We arrived for a 7:30 reservation to find that the maitre d' had given our table to another couple who claimed to be us. We waited for a table. Then waited 15 minutes before being offered water, or having our order taken. The waitstaff seemed to run around, without specific assignments. The summer rolls were good. However, my husband ordered duck curry, but received pork. Food is ok, but service is chaotic.
- everything but the serviceringerDined on 1/27/2012the food was fantastic, and the price was right, and the ambiance was great. its too bad the wait staff couldn't be bothered. they were aloof and unresponsive.Special Features:
- Stylish ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2012the food was great quality: appropriate portions, very well presented, great taste. Somewhat quiet for a Friday evening, so not much atmosphere. I would go again. Had asked for a romantic table and they did give us a very nice one. Thank you!
- Food was spicy. Water refillsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Food was spicy. Water refills could have been more frequent.Special Features:
- My only complaint is thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011My only complaint is that the portions were a bit small.Special Features:
- quick last minute reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011We had an open table reservation but the waitstaff did not know what to do. They sat us in a corner table but did not bring water or menus for 20 minutes. Everything we ordered was mediocre at best. On open table it appears they never used our reservation… just a strange experience. I live next door but probably won't be coming back.