535 South Lindbergh Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63131Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://kreisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (314) 993-0735
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin Green
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and group dining available from 10-70 guests. Please call for details.
A word from Kreis' Restaurant
Kreis' has been a St. Louis favorite for over 60 years. Famous for our world renowned Prime Rib.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Kreis' Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Frontenac ›
Kreis' Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- dukessurfclubOpenTableFarifaxVaVIPDined on 11/20/2014I have eaten at a lot of Steak restaurants and this local establishment was one of the best. The Strp Steak was really very good and the green beans almond were so fresh and so good tasting I could have eaten a second on the beans. Its a good old fashion kick but steak house. Wish where in my home town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so "Open" table reception52weeksVIPDined on 11/11/2014Good meat and greet place, in that if you like steaks, loud noise and business deals being made with, this is your place. Great for clients, not so great for a date IMO. One weird thing is they acted like our Open Table reservation was some "exception" to their process and made a big deal in a negative way that we actually got a reservation. Then put us in the worst table in the place, 3 feet from the swinging kitchen doors and staff coming back and forth every 3 seconds. I have been to Kreis's a lot and it is a great place for client entertaining, just not so great this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonerful old school steak house !breviewDined on 11/10/2014Kreis' is routinely filled with locals who appreciate the wood paneled ambiance, white table cloths, and waiters in tuxedos. Great Prime Rib ! A great spot to bring out of town business guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableDanielDined on 11/4/2014Think the steak is either the best in town or certainly among the best! Our German visitor thought the German potato pancakes were great after telling us that potato pancakes were not something he really liked. And the strudel...delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Kreis' RestaurantluvmysteakDined on 11/3/2014This is one of my favorite places for prime rib. My whole family (5) loves to go there and we do as often as we can. They are always so welcoming there and we all feel right at home. Two of us had the Filet and both of them raved about how flavorful and tender it was.We'' be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food here was great !! Loves this peaceful atmosphere with my husband !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks in STLMarkVIPDined on 10/31/2014This is our go to restaurant now for steaks. We've been in this area for 25 years and would eat at Kreis' restaurant about once a year. We have rediscovered it and believe it is one of the best steaks in St. Louis. We now go about once or twice a month. Better than our old stand by, Il Belago. Better than Charcoal House and Citizen Kane's. If you love rack of lamb as much as I do, try their lamb chops. hmmm. hmmm.Special Features:
- donnaVIPDined on 10/30/2014Forget about Ruth Chris's or Morton's, if you want the best steak in town here is where you will get it. Get there early before your reservation so you can enjoy the cheese at the bar. Don't forget to make a reservation. We were there on Thursday and the place was packed! Wonder why?? Food is exceptional.Special Features:
- Here's the beefscholarwarriorDined on 10/10/2014Had an excellent tomato salad and shrimp cocktail. The Sirloin was perhaps the best I've ever eaten. The prime rib was excellent too. The sides and sauces weren't quite on par with the mains/appetizers. For our group the queen cut prime rib was too small and the king cut too big -- perhaps a princely cut between might be just right. Service was first rate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightFerrariDined on 10/8/2014Had a small family reunion dinner. The food was great prime rib, steaks and seafood. The wine list was very good with many wines to chose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Steaks and Prime RibsusiejcDined on 10/4/2014We love this place for special occasions or just to go out and have a nice dinner with great service and wonderful charm where decorum in dress and behavior is appreciated and the food is always fit for someone who enjoys great meals. My husband asked for and extra cut thick strip steak and it was done perfectly, now this was 24oz of a purely juicy steak. Chef did not have to butterfly the steak and did a great job with my prime rib. Appetizers, salads, sides are great and your entrée comes with a side. Wine was perfect and our server, Kirk, has been a favorite for a long time. It is our favorite and our go to place to take people from out of town.Special Features:
- Best prime rib in STL!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Kreis' prime rib is classic. Can only attempt 1X per year without a note from your cardiologist, but it is a special treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!JulieDined on 9/26/2014Kreis' has been one of our favorite places for over 20 years. The food is always good and the service is exceptional. They serve the best prime rib in the area.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerWittenbergsterDined on 9/20/2014Great food. Awesome cheesecake. Delightful service. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as everldgaffVIPDined on 9/20/2014we go to Kreis's 3 or 4 times a year and always have good food and good service. Its not a cheap place but its worth itSpecial Features:
- BobWVIPDined on 9/19/2014Classic locally owned steakhouse. Waiters have been there forever and are very good. Every item on the menu is time tested and very well executed. Atmosphere is unchanging over the years, and just right.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful meal and experience at Kreis'. Kirk was a great waiter. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014One of the best restaurants in St Louis. Incredible food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak and Prime rib houseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014Kreis consistently delivers top quality meat and food. You can spend way more at 801 or Mortons but receive similar quality foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodNanoVIPDined on 8/25/2014The service was very slow to start. Once we finally got our order taken everything was fine. The waiter had too many tables that needed his attention before he could get to us and take our order. the other waiter in the room had nothing to do. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great serviceDavidDined on 8/23/2014Kreis' is a classic, and we always seek out its festive atmosphere and fine food for a special occasion. Our service was wonderful. Very attentive, always within a glance when we needed something. Wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Fantastic Prime Rib!johnnyzDined on 8/21/2014This was a great location for a business dinner. Classic service with delicious food. Can't wait to go back next time I'm in St. Louis.Special Features:
- Superb SteaksskaetsttamDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant is a long time gem in the St Louis area. They have never lost their their touch in providing superb food (especially prime rib & steaks) & service. When anyone asks me from out of town where to go for a steakhouse I never hesitate to recommend Kreis' Restaurant. Take my advice, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialHere4thefoodDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at Kreis. The crab cake was average. Prime rib was very good. Waiter seemed disinterested and did nothing to add to the experience. There was music playing too loudly and it was big band type music from the 50's. Overall disappointed based on expectations.
- Birthday Celebration FavoriteFamilyFavDined on 8/10/2014The food is good, the service exceptional. We have never had a bad experience here. It is a family favorite.Special Features:
- Extraordinary SteakMarkVIPDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I split the Cowboy rib eye with a side of shrooms. Cooked perfectly. It was one of the best steaks I have had in St. Louis. Even though we split it, we have about a third of it left. Huge steak and very, very tasty.
- Been eating at Kreis for 38 yearsCSUFDanmanDined on 8/3/2014I have enjoyed eating at Kreis since I moved to St. Louis. The quality of their food is always consistent. If you have never been there, you must give it try and believe me you will go back again.Special Features:
- Continues to be a FavoritesusiejcDined on 8/2/2014We love Kreis' Restaurant. It is one of our favorite place to dine and the food and service is always spot on. We had Kirk and he is just the best server they have. My husband ordered the large fillet and it was cooked perfectly with a little Vienna sauce on the side. I ordered the prime rib and of course it never disappoints. We started with the garlic shrimp and the ravioli and they were both wonderful. The shrimp sauce was juicy and not overly garlicky. A nice bottle of wine topped off a wonderful birthday day. They never disappoint on quality of food or service.Special Features:
- A bit offldgaffVIPDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I have eaten at Kreis's many times over the years with nary a hiccup. However, in our latest visit my wife's entree was not up to par. She usually get halibut and it historically is excellent,. Tonights version was no where close. It looked and tasted more like something you would get at a casual restaurant rather than a fine dining place. I would have sent it back but my wife didn't want to. My steak special as well as everything else we had were in thye usual Kreis's quality. Probably won't get halibut again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great steak!LBStLouisVIPDined on 7/30/2014Steaks here are always the way to go. Very busy for a Wednesday night. Service is very good but not warm and friendly.Special Features:
- donnaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Steaks are the best here. I know they are really known for their prime rib but we go for their great steaks and wonderful service. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 191 reviews are from the Kreis' Restaurant reviews archive.
- Nice place!RockDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the food and the service. The prime rib was very good. We enjoyed drinks before and after dinner. Our waiter did a fine job. This is not a cheap place to eat but we like it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really goodmarkDined on 6/24/2014really good steaks. i have been to Kreis's 4 or 5 times. every time was good. steaks are the specialty. I had a 32 OZ cowboy ribeye that was as good as i have had in STL. Steak prices are very reasonable for the quality. Apps, sides, salads are more reasonable than other high end steakhouses. dinning room is a little crowded but ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kreis', delicious as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014Food was great and the service was exceptional. Only disappointment was Pat, the Maître d' and a very nice man, was on vacation. Glad to see they replaced the flooring as the old tiles were very slippery. Nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GussieTDined on 6/14/2014If someone is looking for a restaurant recommendation, Kreis should be the first suggestion. Cost an extra buck, but well worth it and they'll leave wanting to come back. Great Food, Great Service!Special Features:
- donnaVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food is always beyond what we expect. It is one of our favorite places. You can not find a better steak anywhere. We had Kirk last night and he was super. He anticipated all our needs and service was excellent. (But don't say anything you don't want him to hear he has some great hearing. I didn't even have to tell him what wine I wanted he heard me tell my husband and....there it was!) Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3GuysDined on 6/6/2014Classic "old school" meat-and-potatoes longstanding favorite with German influences. Setting offers upscale tavern appeal with experienced staff, great cocktails, and high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Wife's favorite spotGreatfulDinerDined on 5/31/2014We tend to go to Kreis' for special occasions. They have never disappointed us. The service was impeccable. The waiters and staff were there always at the right time. It was a well choreographed dinner. My wife and I both had steaks. She had a strip with blue cheese on top, while I had a filet with a burgundy-mushroom reduction. Both steaks were cooked to order and they were tender and tasty. I would highly recommend a trip to Kreis'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/Average ServiceCandKinSTLDined on 5/24/2014Our second time to Kreis' and still left wondering if we will ever leave with a great overall experience. It is certainly a hidden gem off 67; however, slight missteps with the service have been costly in our opinion to a restaurant that could be great. I will keep this short by saying, love the scallops. Hands down, best my wife and I have EVER had. My wife's Sliced Tenderloin Oscar was served lukewarm and ruined would should have been a great meal. Our biggest complaint is the service. Jerry, who tried to make an effort at the end, was just not very warm; in fact, came across as a bit snobbish. It was our anniversary, and we clearly stated it at the start of dinner. It was a special occasion which unfortunately fell flat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating Out with EotaEota4dinnerDined on 5/12/2014The reaturant did what I asked, to have a table that was removed from the main stream as it was after a corporate meeting and we all wanted to be able to talk and visit. The food was excellent and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and would love to come back next year. The roast beef, steak and veal parmesgan were cooked perfectly as well as everything else we ate. Delicious Key Lime pie! We had a very nice waiter the service was wonderful, Thank you for taking care of us .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.