Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
Rt 100 & Kirk Road
Montchanin, DE 19710Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.krazykatsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3028884200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast. Monday-Friday. 7am-10am
Breakfast-Brunch Sunday 8am- 2pm
Lunch Monday-Friday 11.30am-2pm
Dinner Monday-Sunday 5.30pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Crow's Nest located above Krazy Kat's Restaurant can accommodate up to 40 guest for social or business reception. Its private entrance gives privacy & is fully accessible. The room has a "home like feel" with fire place, arm chairs & warm decor. Serving Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Dinner provides a-la-carte selection of appetizer, entree & dessert. Foods are prepared & serviced from the Krazy Kat's kitchen. Parking is adjacent to Krazy Kat's & the Crow's Nest & guests enjoy strolling through the gardens & the Village. The Village Horticulturist & his team take great pride in maintaining the grounds & gardens. In early May all the plants & perennials are taken out the well-kept green houses to adorn the gardens. December Holidays are always festive & the Village is decorated accordingly with many lights & trees.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Braune 3028884204x
- Cross Street: Rockland Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are three well lit Parking areas around the Village, all very close to gardens & the Restaurant. Guests with physical difficulties may park just across the restaurant. This private setting gives the guests an opportunity to stroll around the gardens. Parking for the Restaurant patrons & house guests is free.
A word from Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
Krazy Kat's Restaurant is within the ground of the Inn at Montchanin Village thus located 4 miles N.W. of Wilmington, Delaware. It was once the village blacksmith shop an you still may see the hooks on the walls as well as the forge which is now a fire place. The whimsical decor features tiger print chairs & portraits of military-garbed felines. It offers modern American Cuisine & our Chef always uses seasonal & regional products to maintain freshness & creativity. The wine list contains wines around the world with emphasis on domestic wines especially Pinot Noir, Cabernet, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc. Crow's Nest above the Restaurant provides total privacy up to 40 guests with its own entrance & features a-la- -carte menu in a home like setting with fire place. Our guests like to stroll through the grounds & gardens that are all meticulously kept by our horticulturist & his team. The Krazy Kat's restaurant has receive many accolades locally & regionally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (72)romantic (58)fit for foodies (55)great for lunch (34)great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (19)good for groups (10)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Krazy Kat's Not Really CrazyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Don't let the name and "unusual" decor lead you astray. This is an elegant restaurant with upscale food. There are two prices on the menu -- for a small portion and a large portion. We found the small portions perfect for us, but many would find them too skimpy. If you take the small portion, it's not expensive, but the large portion doubles the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5QreviewDined on 9/11/2014There were five of us for lunch. This is a good place to go if you are at Winterthur. The atmosphere is whimsical and the food was quite good. However, the experience was diminished by very poor service. After waiting at least five minutes we were offered drinks. They came out slowly. Our lunch was even slower. Our waitress then disappeared and we never saw her again. We were never offered coffee or dessert. I finally asked a passing woman for a check, which was wrong. We were charged $8.00 for a tomato juice cocktail. I would give the restaurant another try and hope for better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initially disappointed.TinkDined on 9/10/2014Ambiance, food, service all very appealing. We had chosen Krazy Kats because we thought it was included on the week long Brandywine Restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchScottdc26Dined on 9/7/2014Great food and service in a relaxed atmosphere. I have been to Krazy Kats for dinner and lunch. It was my first time for brunch. Any time we are in the area we make it a point to dine at Krazy KatsSpecial Features:
- Delicious foodAnnieDined on 9/7/2014My sister & I had brunch which was absolutely delicious! The service was courteous & knowledgeable. The lighting in the room was a little too dark, but the waitress placed us near the enclosed porch, so we benefitted from that light. We loved the décor. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- First Experience was AwesomeMc7220Dined on 9/6/2014This was our first time and we chose to do breakfast. It was such a wonderful experience! We were there quite a while but I think that is how they set up the experience... to be relaxing, to enjoy your family time, and enjoy the scenery outside the window ("stop and smell the roses"). The staff was very polite and friendly. We also could tell each plate was handled individually with a lot of care (and very generous portions) and that too is why it took longer than first expected. We didn't care, had no where to be and enjoyed every bit of our time there! The food was Phenomenal!!!! We cannot wait to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN AND DIFFERENT, CHIC!CarmelinVIPDined on 9/5/2014The building, restaurant and decoration are special in a fun and nice way, food is good and they have half portions or adapt any part of the menu to your liking. Service is outstanding, wine list is very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 9/4/2014Their signature dish, the crab bisque, was fabulous. Best I have ever had. The presentation of the food was beautiful. The serving people were very efficient and polite. Their were 4 of us in our party and we each had a different entree. All of them were terrific. The duck breast was a standout. We loved the decor of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysJustjackVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was great, but we think it's time to add more padding to the chairs. The seats in the dining room become uncomfortable after awhile. That detracts from a leisurely dinner.Special Features:
- Another great dinner.DCB12VIPDined on 8/29/2014Dine here at least twice a month. It was fantastic like always. I wish the chef would bring back the pork belly appetizer tho !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Looking ForOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Lunch menu is varied and delicious.....desserts in particular spectacular! The lunch soup/sandwich combo was extremely reasonable in price and outstanding in both quality of food and presentation. Our only challenge was finding the restaurant as it is nestled in the village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special PlaceHowardDined on 8/25/2014I love Krazy Kats for breakfast and lunch! A creative menu, beautifully presented, absolutely delicious. I have recommended it numerous times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicknameDined on 8/21/2014We had a great experience - food and service were excellent. Really liked the option to order two smaller size entrees, I was able to try to very different dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We have been going to Krazy Kat's for years and it is consistently a pleasureSpecial Features:
- Very creative and delicious food!great4diningDined on 8/16/2014Whimsical decor welcomes you to a quiet and romantic setting. The menu offers a wide variety, small plates or regular. The Chef prepared creative and delicious selections. The crab chowder was rich and delightful. The Rib Eye Special was tender and flavorful. Seafood dishes were delectable. Excellent wine list and desserts were superb! Great place for a special occasion or intimate dinner!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Wilm., DEelmerwalkerDined on 8/16/2014Cuisine, service and atmosphere are first class. We frequent Krazy Kat's for many special occasions and are always gratified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailDined on 8/12/2014A lovely place to celebrate our 59th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- FabulousKrazy4KrazyKatsDined on 8/11/2014Every time I eat here, it's a total unique experience. I have never eaten any where and got such a great dinner for a reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longwood Gardens BonusGlenDined on 8/8/2014Having dinner at Krazy Kat's was a special bonus to our great visit to Longwood Gardens. Our meal was delightful, delicious, and a great value. Thanks, GlenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Excellent RestaurantneldamVIPDined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed our food, the excellent service, and lovely decor & ambiance sso much, we went back the next day. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT !!!neldamVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had an Amazing dinner meal at Krazy Kat's. The food was innovative, with original pairings. Notable wine list, and wonderful service. We liked it so much, we went back for breakfast the next day!Special Features:
- Not What It Used To BeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Krazy kats has always been my favorite lunch spot until this past Friday (August 1). All 3 of us agreed that the food at this restaurant has goner downhill. My crab cakes were dry. My friend's sandwich was on an untoasted English muffin. The third friend's fillet was raw and tasteless. On a bright note, though, the desserts were excellent.Special Features:
- Dinner is even betterfoodieinthemakingDined on 7/31/2014We had lunch there last week and dinner this week. It is a wonderful place to dine. The pace was perfect, not rushed and of course the food is excellent. It was a very relaxing evening with great food, drinks, and ambience. You couldn't ask for a nicer place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 7/26/2014HAVE DINED THERE MANY TIMES ALWAYS EXCELLENT VER GOOD SERVICESpecial Features:
- Dinner EntreeeasternshoregalDined on 7/26/2014I was very disappointed with the dinner entree. Being a native of the Eastern Shore of Maryland, I had high hopes for the crab cakes, but found them lacking. There was an after-taste, which I originally contributed to my adding too much salt. However, when I sampled the second crab cake, without the salt, the after-taste still existed. My sister, who had the same entree, voiced the same opinion. I have had excellent lunches at the restaurant, which is why I chose the restaurant and wanted to my visiting sister to have a pleasant dining experience. However, it didn't turn out that way. Very hesitant to return.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!foodieinthemakingDined on 7/25/2014We took our nephew for lunch and it was a wonderful first experience for him. Loved the ambience in the solarium. The food was excellence and so was the service. We will be back for dinner.Special Features:
- KristenDined on 7/8/2014Beautiful restaurant! Our server was very nice, although it was a new menu and she hadn't rated anything yet. I still admire her honesty. We ordered the cheese plate which was amazing!! For dinner I got the lobster and it slightly overcooked. Overall great experience and would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was better with the previous menuShallonDined on 7/8/2014The food changed in the menu and they tried to be super fancy but the sweet potatoe was not good the filet was good but I literally had the 3oz filet with the 2 pieces of squash. They charge allot but if it's not great you leave hungry. Price is fine about 50 a person no alcohol which is fine if good. They had flues and fruit flies. Lobster claw rubbery.Special Features:
- Dining at the KatsMcbeeDined on 7/7/2014Wonderful menu .The chef at the restaurant continues to amaze a diner s palate.The duck crepes are inspired.Special Features:
- HUGE Disappoinytment!DWBDWDDined on 7/3/2014After all the good reviews we were severely let down. First off the place is way to dark without reason -- if lights are that low then use decent candles. Service only fair since we had to ask what the two prices per item meant -- figured smaller or larger portion but waitress didn't know/guessed size differences. Crabcakes supposedly from MD crab were without flavor -- had to put herb butter from the pumpernickel roll (good) on the crab to give them any flavor -- if MD crab it must have been frozen and frozen a long time ago. Steak was decent -- nothing special. Brownie was super -- the chocolate and moistness was the best. Carrot cake was a contrived thing that after we said wan not good the waitress agreed it was not her favorite.
- nice evening outscottDined on 7/1/2014special occasion and it was a very nice evening service was very good, staff were great nice wine selection and actually reasonably priced food was fresh but the preparation and flavor combinations a bit off I thought paella was tasty but very odd preparation, with broth in the bowl and lacking sausage, not bad but not as expected - more like boiled rice, broth and seafood and ham in a stew than classic paella venison was a very nice filet but sauces didn't really compliment and the chard concoction was not a plus overall, lovely time as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/30/2014It is a lovely restaurant and the food is delicious. Too bad there is not outside dining or bar, the gardens are so pretty and secluded. The restaurant is certainly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food so so serviceslowwwwDined on 6/29/2014I noticed waitres t the other table offering choices of toast and telling diners about the daily specials. Our waitress did not do that and was kind of un attentive. Our drinks were empty for a while and we had to ask the bus boy to ask our waitress for refills. Service was not great, but food was phenominal, so I would go again.Special Features:
- Good lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Great for a lunch get together but yo need to book. Not cheap but food is really worth the prices.Special Features:
- Special meal at a special placeAnnieBVIPDined on 6/26/2014As always, the food and service at Krazy Kat's were top-notch. Highly recommended. Their menu is apparently about to change from Spring to Summer, so we intend to go back and sample the new seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingSomtigaDined on 6/24/2014Have eaten here many times in the past.Service was always excellent and the food good. This time,there was a new and less interesting menu, the food was done well but would not have been a first choice on the old menu. Service was sub par compared to our past visits. The person seating us didn't pull out the chair for my wife nor did he give us our napkins and handed out the menus as an afterthought . Our waitress made several mistakes, giving us unordered food and forgetting other items. Even the pre-dinner cocktail wasn't up to previous standards.It's always a pleasure to dine there, but this wasn't up to their standards. It was like we picked a night when all the help was new and not quite up to snuffSpecial Features:
- tj3685VIPDined on 6/23/2014Excellent food and service.The lobster bisque was outstanding.Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 6/22/2014This delightful restaurant never fails to please in many ways. The menu offers entrees in two sizes. You can combine two different items are have just one. The selection is very broad so there is something to suit most tastes. She service this time was a bit confused. The server made some errors, the person bringing the food had no idea where the food was to go. The steak was overcooked but management rectified that generously. We have eaten there many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2014The pork belly appetizer was delicious. The rabbit soup was extremely salty. The lamb porterhouse was very good. However, one of us had the rabbit soup first and then the lamb porterhouse, the lamb became tasteless because the taste buds were overwhelmed by the saltiness of the previous dish. The lime cheesecake was out of this world. The service was good but our water was not refilled until we were almost finished with the meal. Overall, it was a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special11localgemDined on 6/19/2014Had a excellent dining night here, great food, relaxed atmosphere, and server who also doubled as bartender wnd had a great attitude.Special Features: