Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
Rt 100 & Kirk Road
Montchanin, DE 19710Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.krazykatsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3028884200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast. Monday-Friday. 7am-10am
Breakfast-Brunch Sunday 8am- 2pm
Lunch Monday-Friday 11.30am-2pm
Dinner Monday-Sunday 5.30pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Crow's Nest located above Krazy Kat's Restaurant can accommodate up to 40 guest for social or business reception. Its private entrance gives privacy & is fully accessible. The room has a "home like feel" with fire place, arm chairs & warm decor. Serving Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Dinner provides a-la-carte selection of appetizer, entree & dessert. Foods are prepared & serviced from the Krazy Kat's kitchen. Parking is adjacent to Krazy Kat's & the Crow's Nest & guests enjoy strolling through the gardens & the Village. The Village Horticulturist & his team take great pride in maintaining the grounds & gardens. In early May all the plants & perennials are taken out the well-kept green houses to adorn the gardens. December Holidays are always festive & the Village is decorated accordingly with many lights & trees.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Braune 3028884204x
- Cross Street: Rockland Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are three well lit Parking areas around the Village, all very close to gardens & the Restaurant. Guests with physical difficulties may park just across the restaurant. This private setting gives the guests an opportunity to stroll around the gardens. Parking for the Restaurant patrons & house guests is free.
A word from Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
Krazy Kat's Restaurant is within the ground of the Inn at Montchanin Village thus located 4 miles N.W. of Wilmington, Delaware. It was once the village blacksmith shop an you still may see the hooks on the walls as well as the forge which is now a fire place. The whimsical decor features tiger print chairs & portraits of military-garbed felines. It offers modern American Cuisine & our Chef always uses seasonal & regional products to maintain freshness & creativity. The wine list contains wines around the world with emphasis on domestic wines especially Pinot Noir, Cabernet, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc. Crow's Nest above the Restaurant provides total privacy up to 40 guests with its own entrance & features a-la- -carte menu in a home like setting with fire place. Our guests like to stroll through the grounds & gardens that are all meticulously kept by our horticulturist & his team. The Krazy Kat's restaurant has receive many accolades locally & regionally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (71)romantic (58)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (16)good for groups (11)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Very Special PlaceHowardDined on 8/25/2014I love Krazy Kats for breakfast and lunch! A creative menu, beautifully presented, absolutely delicious. I have recommended it numerous times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicknameDined on 8/21/2014We had a great experience - food and service were excellent. Really liked the option to order two smaller size entrees, I was able to try to very different dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We have been going to Krazy Kat's for years and it is consistently a pleasureSpecial Features:
- Very creative and delicious food!great4diningDined on 8/16/2014Whimsical decor welcomes you to a quiet and romantic setting. The menu offers a wide variety, small plates or regular. The Chef prepared creative and delicious selections. The crab chowder was rich and delightful. The Rib Eye Special was tender and flavorful. Seafood dishes were delectable. Excellent wine list and desserts were superb! Great place for a special occasion or intimate dinner!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Wilm., DEelmerwalkerDined on 8/16/2014Cuisine, service and atmosphere are first class. We frequent Krazy Kat's for many special occasions and are always gratified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailDined on 8/12/2014A lovely place to celebrate our 59th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- FabulousKrazy4KrazyKatsDined on 8/11/2014Every time I eat here, it's a total unique experience. I have never eaten any where and got such a great dinner for a reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longwood Gardens BonusGlenDined on 8/8/2014Having dinner at Krazy Kat's was a special bonus to our great visit to Longwood Gardens. Our meal was delightful, delicious, and a great value. Thanks, GlenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Excellent RestaurantneldamVIPDined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed our food, the excellent service, and lovely decor & ambiance sso much, we went back the next day. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT !!!neldamVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had an Amazing dinner meal at Krazy Kat's. The food was innovative, with original pairings. Notable wine list, and wonderful service. We liked it so much, we went back for breakfast the next day!Special Features:
- Not What It Used To BeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Krazy kats has always been my favorite lunch spot until this past Friday (August 1). All 3 of us agreed that the food at this restaurant has goner downhill. My crab cakes were dry. My friend's sandwich was on an untoasted English muffin. The third friend's fillet was raw and tasteless. On a bright note, though, the desserts were excellent.Special Features:
- Dinner is even betterfoodieinthemakingDined on 7/31/2014We had lunch there last week and dinner this week. It is a wonderful place to dine. The pace was perfect, not rushed and of course the food is excellent. It was a very relaxing evening with great food, drinks, and ambience. You couldn't ask for a nicer place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 7/26/2014HAVE DINED THERE MANY TIMES ALWAYS EXCELLENT VER GOOD SERVICESpecial Features:
- Dinner EntreeeasternshoregalDined on 7/26/2014I was very disappointed with the dinner entree. Being a native of the Eastern Shore of Maryland, I had high hopes for the crab cakes, but found them lacking. There was an after-taste, which I originally contributed to my adding too much salt. However, when I sampled the second crab cake, without the salt, the after-taste still existed. My sister, who had the same entree, voiced the same opinion. I have had excellent lunches at the restaurant, which is why I chose the restaurant and wanted to my visiting sister to have a pleasant dining experience. However, it didn't turn out that way. Very hesitant to return.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!foodieinthemakingDined on 7/25/2014We took our nephew for lunch and it was a wonderful first experience for him. Loved the ambience in the solarium. The food was excellence and so was the service. We will be back for dinner.Special Features:
- KristenDined on 7/8/2014Beautiful restaurant! Our server was very nice, although it was a new menu and she hadn't rated anything yet. I still admire her honesty. We ordered the cheese plate which was amazing!! For dinner I got the lobster and it slightly overcooked. Overall great experience and would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was better with the previous menuShallonDined on 7/8/2014The food changed in the menu and they tried to be super fancy but the sweet potatoe was not good the filet was good but I literally had the 3oz filet with the 2 pieces of squash. They charge allot but if it's not great you leave hungry. Price is fine about 50 a person no alcohol which is fine if good. They had flues and fruit flies. Lobster claw rubbery.Special Features:
- Dining at the KatsMcbeeDined on 7/7/2014Wonderful menu .The chef at the restaurant continues to amaze a diner s palate.The duck crepes are inspired.Special Features:
- HUGE Disappoinytment!DWBDWDDined on 7/3/2014After all the good reviews we were severely let down. First off the place is way to dark without reason -- if lights are that low then use decent candles. Service only fair since we had to ask what the two prices per item meant -- figured smaller or larger portion but waitress didn't know/guessed size differences. Crabcakes supposedly from MD crab were without flavor -- had to put herb butter from the pumpernickel roll (good) on the crab to give them any flavor -- if MD crab it must have been frozen and frozen a long time ago. Steak was decent -- nothing special. Brownie was super -- the chocolate and moistness was the best. Carrot cake was a contrived thing that after we said wan not good the waitress agreed it was not her favorite.
- nice evening outscottDined on 7/1/2014special occasion and it was a very nice evening service was very good, staff were great nice wine selection and actually reasonably priced food was fresh but the preparation and flavor combinations a bit off I thought paella was tasty but very odd preparation, with broth in the bowl and lacking sausage, not bad but not as expected - more like boiled rice, broth and seafood and ham in a stew than classic paella venison was a very nice filet but sauces didn't really compliment and the chard concoction was not a plus overall, lovely time as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/30/2014It is a lovely restaurant and the food is delicious. Too bad there is not outside dining or bar, the gardens are so pretty and secluded. The restaurant is certainly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food so so serviceslowwwwDined on 6/29/2014I noticed waitres t the other table offering choices of toast and telling diners about the daily specials. Our waitress did not do that and was kind of un attentive. Our drinks were empty for a while and we had to ask the bus boy to ask our waitress for refills. Service was not great, but food was phenominal, so I would go again.Special Features:
- Good lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Great for a lunch get together but yo need to book. Not cheap but food is really worth the prices.Special Features:
- Special meal at a special placeAnnieBVIPDined on 6/26/2014As always, the food and service at Krazy Kat's were top-notch. Highly recommended. Their menu is apparently about to change from Spring to Summer, so we intend to go back and sample the new seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingSomtigaDined on 6/24/2014Have eaten here many times in the past.Service was always excellent and the food good. This time,there was a new and less interesting menu, the food was done well but would not have been a first choice on the old menu. Service was sub par compared to our past visits. The person seating us didn't pull out the chair for my wife nor did he give us our napkins and handed out the menus as an afterthought . Our waitress made several mistakes, giving us unordered food and forgetting other items. Even the pre-dinner cocktail wasn't up to previous standards.It's always a pleasure to dine there, but this wasn't up to their standards. It was like we picked a night when all the help was new and not quite up to snuffSpecial Features:
- tj3685VIPDined on 6/23/2014Excellent food and service.The lobster bisque was outstanding.Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 6/22/2014This delightful restaurant never fails to please in many ways. The menu offers entrees in two sizes. You can combine two different items are have just one. The selection is very broad so there is something to suit most tastes. She service this time was a bit confused. The server made some errors, the person bringing the food had no idea where the food was to go. The steak was overcooked but management rectified that generously. We have eaten there many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2014The pork belly appetizer was delicious. The rabbit soup was extremely salty. The lamb porterhouse was very good. However, one of us had the rabbit soup first and then the lamb porterhouse, the lamb became tasteless because the taste buds were overwhelmed by the saltiness of the previous dish. The lime cheesecake was out of this world. The service was good but our water was not refilled until we were almost finished with the meal. Overall, it was a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special11localgemDined on 6/19/2014Had a excellent dining night here, great food, relaxed atmosphere, and server who also doubled as bartender wnd had a great attitude.Special Features:
- ATW2LRLVIPDined on 6/18/2014Exceptionally slow and inattentive service - simply not enough staffing for breakfast. Two guests never received toast or requested beverage - it was just too hard to catch the server's attention given the number of diners. Our need to get on with our day meant that we could not wait it out. Time to move on....
- tj3685VIPDined on 6/12/2014Fantastic food and service as usual. Great choices tooSpecial Features:
- Another weekend in the booksDCB12VIPDined on 6/7/2014I grew up in the area, and I must say that once again I am reminded why this is my favorite place to eat whether it be a special occasion or just any old night out on the town always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualJayCod01Dined on 6/6/2014My wife and I have been to Krazy Kat's a few times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Out of the ordinary in all waysTrevorandPaulineDined on 6/5/2014Excellent and unusual food - the rabbit chowder and wild boar steak were interesting and good. The wine list is good and there are some reasonably priced as well as the top ones. Ambience is a little dark but that's always been like that; and of course it helps if you're a Cats fan. Thoroughly recommend for a special occasion - it's a little expensive but great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMcbeeDined on 6/1/2014A Lovely place for a special brunch. The inn at Mont Chanin is in a lovely setting and the restaurant is a hidden jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasiongransDined on 5/29/2014Haven't been to Krazy Kats for a few years and were pleasantly surprised by a more creative menu of interesting appetizers plus entrees with choice of small plate or full size. Appetizer plus small plate was an excellent way to sample more widely and be fully satisfied. Appetizers were the winners - pork belly and surf & turf - both delicious. Entrees - lamb loin was excellent; duck was tasty but very rich - could have used something crisp or crunchy as accompaniment. Did not have dessert. Service was excellent with server knowledgeable about dishes and preparations. Plenty of space between tables for privacy and a romantic dinner. Will return sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeDCB12VIPDined on 5/25/2014I'm from the area, Eat here a few times a month fantastic every time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty sad to spend time hereYumyumDined on 5/25/2014the service was terrible. Water was not provided, plates were not bussed and general Attitude was lacking. We resorted to putting our dirty plates on an adjacent table to allow enough room for main plates. As we left no one even said thanksSpecial Features:
- Our chic Anniversary Experiencenicky47Dined on 5/23/2014Our Waitress Andrea was extremely attentive. The petite Ribeye steak/fingerling potatoes/rich brown sauce, was delicious. My Lamb Porterhouse/bed of Brie risotto/tender carrots, was pink and tender. However, next to the bone was totally raw. Andrea asked if I wanted it cooked more thoroughly, but I declined. Our Creme Brûlée, with edible white chocolate "Happy Anniversry" signs, was huge. A complimentary Italian cordial similar to "Galliano" was gracious. When first seated, we told Andrea we had time constraints and to serve us quickly. She certainly made sure our request was honored and the food was promptly delivered! All in all, our experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Dinner - LateFoodieDined on 5/22/2014has a wonderful anniversary dinner at Krazy Kat's. The food and service were wonderful as was the wine list. We found the kitchen and wait staff very accommodating. We will definitely go back for dinner and will also try brunch & lunch some time.Special Features: