510 Glenwood Ave
Raleigh, NC 27603Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kraveraleigh.com/
- Phone: 9197204509
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Conrad Johnstan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Krave is a great place to enjoy the soundings of a generous blend of all your favorite lounge music yet up beat and entertaining.
A word from Krave
Krave is Raleigh's most innovative and modern addition to Glenwood South's downtown district. With the incorporation of a large variety of hors' d'oeuvres, entrees, a vast list of old world wines and a grand yet original cocktail list, this is surely the place to see and be seen. The décor is sleek and casually upscale, vibrant and inviting with chrome metallics, plush seating, subtle kinetic lighting and a completely open kitchen to add action to your experience. Whether you are dining indoors or on out comfortable patio you'll savor our attentive service and flavorful, inventive cuisine followed by a selection of delectable desserts. Krave is great place for a romantic dinner or a late night snack with a couple of cocktails and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Krave reviews from OpenTable diners
- Restaurant was closed, weDelta706Dined on 11/24/2012Restaurant was closed, we arrived ready for dinner and had to go somewhere else.
- Out of business. How can youOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2012Out of business. How can you confirm a reservation for a business that isn't open?
- We've always loved Krave andRepeaterVIPDined on 11/16/2012We've always loved Krave and had great food and service there. Unfortunately the atmosphere was a bit down but that's probably because it was CLOSING the next day. What a shame as it's a great location and our experiences there were always great.
- I hate that I forgot my grouponOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2012I hate that I forgot my groupon code to get half of our food at a lesser price. It was great for the expereince anyway.....Special Features:
- We went on a Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012We went on a Saturday night for a birthday dinner. There were only 5 of us but the server still seemed overwhelmed. Drinks took forever each time and she didn't come by very often to refil water or take more drink orders. One of the small plates came out cold---twice. We ended up asking it be taken off the bill. No apology or visit from the manager. The food really was good though so we'll give it another try. Just don't go on a night you have anywhere else to be!
- They called ahead to verifyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012They called ahead to verify the number of guests in my party, and even though the number had increased significantly, my party was accomodated without any wait. The atmosphere, food, and service were all satisfactory. I'll definetely be going backSpecial Features:
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/9/2012The service was poor, it took forever for our waiter to check on us on several occasions. At one point, he was sitting at the table beside us and hitting on a group of girls, we had to interrupt him to get him to check on my one friend who never got her dinner after sending back the first dish that was awful. The food was not impressive. Appetizers were tasty, salad was good, but of the 5 of us, no one really enjoyed their dinner. Portion sizes were small. Atmosphere was nice, drinks were good, but that's not enough to bring me back. So disappointed.
- Food was excellent. We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2012Food was excellent. We went on "salsa night" so the music got very loud around 1030. Before then it was your normal ambiance for dinner. Service was not anything exceptional but wasn't terrible either. The waiter was very nice and checked in pretty often (I don't like over bearing waiters); I thought it was a good balance.Special Features:
- Dinner was awesome. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Dinner was awesome. We were probably too early for the late-night scene, but the place was vibrant! Matt was our server, and very attentive, and very good. Loved every minute of the evening!Special Features:
- Perfect date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012Excellent service with a wonderful atmosphere. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- were out of the first twoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2012were out of the first two bottles of wine I ordered adjustable high chairs were wobbly small items that make it hard to go back..........when other better places are available
- New Downtown FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2012We LOVED our first visit to Krave. Didn't have entrees, but shared several small plates including the Krave Fire Shrimp and Hummus Platter (both were fantastic and not that small). Our waitress was very helpful with great suggestions for first-timers to the restaurant. We were there early in the evening, but could tell it would be a fun late-night spot for dinner and/or drinks. Speaking of drinks, had the Pineapple Jalapeno Mojito which was amazing. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- We had a Living Social voucherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012We had a Living Social voucher that was about to expire, so we had to bring our young child. Normally, this is not a place for children, but a couple of the wait staff brought over some spiders that they were using to decorate to give to her to play with. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and even better drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2012The portions are perfect and I loved all of the drink variations. The atmosphere is very lively and the decor is very chic. I will surely return again soon.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant. TheEatOutAlotDined on 10/25/2012Great new restaurant. The small plates and the entrees are delish.Special Features:
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012This was our first visit and we'll definitely be back. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- The small plates were delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2012The small plates were delicious. Martinis great. Filet Mignon not impressive. And bring a sweater...it's cold. Please misread the negative points. It was truly a great place!Special Features:
- No flavor is food or service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012I don't see us going back there again. They were not busy so I expected the service to be better/more attentive. We waited 3-4 minutes to be seated. When our server did come to our table she did not tell us about the wine list, specials or anything really. We had to ask a lot of questions. I say that because we heard her going over all the specials with another table. Once we did order the food did come out quick but the only that that was good were the wings. The crab cake and avocado dishes were lacking in flavor. The blandness of the dishes left me wanting something else that would please my pallet! As I said before we will not be going back.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012The food was very good. They didn't seem to have a hostess and the waiter had told us they were down a bartender that night. The service was fairly slow all the way around, but the food and the drinks were good enough to overlook most of the service issues. The snapper did have a bit too much tangy, citrusy flavor for my taste. I like to be able to taste the fish, instead of the lemon. But overall, pretty good.
- Good tapas selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012My wife and I went during the week so it wasn't very busy. We love tapas style restaurants and Krave's tapas were excellent.Special Features:
- great plates for sharing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/13/2012great plates for sharing. Lots of cocktails to choose from.Special Features:
- Gals for style, Guys for sport tvJettaDined on 10/13/2012More of a chic place for drinks, small plates and groups.Special Features:
- Thursday night dinner. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2012Thursday night dinner. We shared a Mushroom stuffed with Crab as an appitizer and it was delicious! Pear/Walnut Salad and Moroccan Shrimp/Scallops for entres. These were very good - would have been even nicer with a small amount of flat bread on the side. Service was knowledgable and attentive without being over bearing. The neon/techno atmosphere is not our thing, but wasn't over the top. We would go back and perhaps eat outside... that looked enjoyable.
- The food was ok, nothing spectaculaRayrayVIPDined on 10/2/2012The food was ok, nothing spectacular. Their ingredients appeared to be of decent quality, not that mess that falls out of Sysco trucks all up and down Glenwood South.
- Food was delicious.... HighlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012Food was delicious.... Highly recommend the Moroccan shrimp and scallops and ahi tuna duo. Our only complaint was that all of it (salads, small plates, and entrees) came at the same time. Would have been much more enjoyable to get one plate at a time!
- krave is delightful!charDined on 9/29/2012krave has THE BEST, most creative food at a reasonable price in Raleigh. LOVE their small plates!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food and drink,ElleDined on 9/28/2012Enjoyed the food and drink, but think the pricing is a bit on the high side, especially the cocktails.Special Features:
- Krave has a great atmosphereGlutenFreeVIPDined on 9/27/2012Krave has a great atmosphere and service, but I felt the menu was lacking. I went for a late dinner (8:30). For a Thursday night it was extremely quiet. There were only 3 or 4 other full tables, it was mostly empty. Although the menu sounded ambitious the resulting dishes were just so-so. If Krave doesn't ramp up their menu or atmosphere I doubt they'll be around much longer.Special Features:
- Great small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2012We had three small plates of seafood and all were wonderful. Service was top notch.Special Features:
- We had a large group (9 ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012We had a large group (9 of us) out for girls' night and we had a great time. Our server took great care of us, the food was delicious, and we had separate checks and they were ALL correct. That rarely happens.Special Features:
- Try the Flatbread!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2012I went for an early dinner at Krave. It is located right on Glenwood with a great area for outdoor seating. While the atmosphere was more upscale, dishes were reasonably priced. I wish the menu had more selection. While the food was decent, I was expecting a little more. I had the Spicy Crab Dip appetizer, the Pear and Walnut salad and the Parisian Flatbread. The flatbread was very good. Also, this place has great cocktails, though they are a tad expensive. I wish my Pineapple Jalapeno Mojito had a bit more kick to it. In all, if the kitchen is open late, this a great place for more upscale food during bar time.Special Features:
- Food was not good at all.RichardVIPDined on 9/21/2012Food was not good at all. I was deeply disappointed with the food. Krave has a nice interior ans setting but food is very important part of restaurant. I would not return to this restaurant.
- loved the food - atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012loved the food - atmosphere was modern and did not feel as "warm" and comfortable as I would like. Open layout does not make for intimate date night setting. food was great. - the thai shrimp was absolutley amazing!!! must get.
- Overall, the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012Overall, the experience was OK. The food was good, with the highlight being the seared tuna. Steak was cooked perfectly and the brownie was bubbling warm, with ice cream...can't go wrong. Service was also good. Server was nice and attentive. Only aspect I did not like was the decor/ambiance. They were definitely trying to create a club atmosphere...blue lights do not lend themselves to a respectable meal. We went for dinner around 7:45. This place would be great if you're looking to share some small plates and have a drink or two before going out. However, I would not recommend going strictly for dinner. Also, the prices were high, on everything. Notably, the drinks. $12 for a cocktail, you would expect something great and of substance.Special Features:
- We went to Krave using a LivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2012We went to Krave using a Living Social coupon. The restaurant was not crowded at 7 pm on Friday night. The service was good. The two small plates we got (Antipasta plate and Wild Mushroom Crostini) were good. The entrees were only ok but nothing special. Of the desserts, the Tiramisu was good but the Fried Cheesecake was two cannoli shells with melted cheesecake stuffed inside - not very appetizing. Coffee was only ok. The tables are high and small which is ok for drinks and appetizers but not the best for a meal. Using the coupon I guess it was worth it but without the discount I wouldn't go there again. They have good food ideas but the need a chef and kitchen staff that can deliver on those ides.
- Great tapas and drinks! GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2012Great tapas and drinks! Group of 10 all had a great time and enjoyed the food, and that's hard to do! Loved the empanadas, spicy calamari, and flat bread. I would recommend to anyone who likes good food.Special Features:
- This is a really great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012This is a really great place with excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Very cool decor, but unfortunately,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2012Very cool decor, but unfortunately, very average food and horrendous beer selection
- Fun environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012Food was great and environment was fun! I'd say this place is fun for special occasions but a little pricey for a frequent weekend dinner out.Special Features:
- Visited Krave on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Visited Krave on a Saturday night during Downtown Raleigh Restaurant week. It was only two of us but we made reservations anyway thinking it might get busy. Making reservations online was super easy and convenient. I mentioned on the online form that I'm gluten free and when we got to the restaurant the server made sure to tell me they have gluten free options but they aren't denoted on the menu, so just to talk to my server. That was very nice and highly appreciated! The atmosphere is very trendy. It would be a cool place to have a drink before hitting another spot. I had the Basil Smash which was highly recommended by the waitress and it was good, not sure it was worth $12. They do have a very large bar, a huge selection of liquor andSpecial Features: