10719 - 124 St
Edmonton, AB T5M 0H1Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.koutouki.ca/
- Phone: 7804525383
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm
Dinner Mon-Thurs 4:30pm-10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 4:30pm-11:00pm No Minor Policy
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Chris St.Denis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do all kinds of catering, from corporate lunches to wedding receptions. Whether you are looking for a 12 course meal or a couple different dishes, Koutouki will always satisfy. For more information feel free to give us a call or email us. Info@koutouki.ca.
- Private Party Facilities: As ther restaurant is divided into 2 semi private rooms, we offer private bookings. Whether it be a Christmas party, wedding reception or any other group activity, we can accomodate your needs. You may book half of the restaurant or the whole restaurant, the choice is yours. Rooms are available anytime, upon availability. Contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris St.Denis 7804525383
- Entertainment: Our goal is to make you feel as though you have left on vacation for Greece. We offer the best bellydancers this side of the Atlantic, and we will dance you into the streets.
A word from Koutouki Taverna
Koutouki Taverna is a family-run Greek restaurant offering up authentic Greek food and a lively atmosphere. We use nothing but the freshest ingredients in our recipes, that are homemade in house daily. The decor is comfortable,welcoming, and resembles a quaint taverna one might stumble upon when travelling the Greek isles. However, on Fridays and Saturdays when the sun goes down, the energy goes up. Bellydancing, plate smashing, and Zorba dancing make for an exciting and memorable dining experience.Continued
**As of April 1, 2012 Koutouki will have a No Minor Policy on Friday and Saturday Evenings.**
**As of April 1, 2012 Koutouki will have a No Minor Policy on Friday and Saturday Evenings.**
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Koutouki Taverna - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Koutouki Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (32)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (20)romantic (19)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fair ....unimpressedDined on 10/10/2014Very pleasant atmosphere and friendly staff. Good service even though staff appeared pushy at times. The noise level could be brought down a decibel or two. Our party had decided to sample a number of starters and could attest to the following: * dips were tasting fair to good; * houmous tasted the same as the one offered by the Save on Foods store; * pita bred was fine; * prawns were fairly tasteless; * grilled halumi cheese was poorly prepared; * grilled octopus, while the tastiest of all starters we had tried, was overdone and chewy. In summary, food was fair and of less than memorable taste. With that in mind, the prices of starters are rather unreasonably high. We would not visit again unless the chef improves the offerings.
- Great food, poor serviceLolaVIPDined on 10/5/2014They had a big issue with the Open Table cheque. I had a $65.00 cheque and they made a big deal about it, making it clear to the entire table of 5 that I was using a "coupon" as she called it. The entire situation was embarrassing and unpleasant, however the meal was good. The service prior to that was spotty - no serving spoons with shared dishes, water not filled up, wrong food brought to table, all these things we chose to overlook as we were having nice meal. However the last 10 minutes put a damper on the entire evening.
- Can't missMattFoleyDined on 10/4/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Koutouki Taverna, I recommend this fine establishment for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!got2eatDined on 9/28/2014This was my second visit, and was just as good as the first! Great atmosphere and attentive service. We enjoyed beautiful, tender lamb, and succulent pork chops on this visit. We also shared starters of meatballs and fried cheese. Amazing! All meals come with a greek salad served family-style to share. Always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taverna environment??earlybirdsDined on 9/19/2014I was disappointed that when I reserved, I booked for 8:00 PM believing that would be a better time to experience the Taverna atmosphere........belly dancing and plate smashing.....only to find that within 15 minutes of sitting down, she was done and when I asked if there was another set, the answer was no the place was basically empty by the time we left at 9:30, which suprised us for a weekend i delayed supper wanting to experience the extras but was disappointed...food and athmosphere was still goodSpecial Features:
- Salty!KalispellDined on 9/19/2014Food was good but everything was way too salty! Service was okay. Waitress forgot our order, still charged us for pita that arrived after our main course. Wait staff kept our water filled, which was needed due to overwhelming saltiness of everything. Dancer, music and ambience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got turned awayMrsCheesieDined on 9/12/2014Made reservations to celebrate a family birthday. Having missed the no minors on the weekend clause we were turned away with three children at 6:30 at night, left to find a place to feed 9 people at 7:00 at night. On top of that staff made the two earliest guests pay for pop they ordered but could not drink. Very tacky. Staff was rude and belligerent. The term "family" restaurant is extremely misleading. We will not recommend your establishment to any one seeking advice on Greek eateries.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Service was slow, food came slow. First time I have experienced that in ths restaurant. Looks like a one off. Other than that, food was outstandng, as usual.Special Features:
- Fantastic farefoodloverDined on 9/7/2014If greek food is your thing then you will love this place. Fantastic tasting food, good service and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Friday Night Entertainmentkmacd11VIPDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Only complaint is in regards to the belly dancer. The belly dancer was great but the music was turned up so loud that we couldn't even yell at each other and a few members of our group got a headache. Some people, like myself, enjoy the restaurant for the food and don't care for the entertainment. I think a better balance is needed.Special Features:
- Koutouki remains consistenteatingenjoymentDined on 9/3/2014I have never gone to this restaurant disappointed. Last night was no different. Moussaka for me; lamb roast for hubby. Exceptional "layers" of flavors to both dishes. The meal started with a complementary Greek Salad. Meal, wine for two, and gratuity under $100; in my book, that's good quality. If you crave a more intimate space, just ask the hostess; we were placed more to the back where two-person tables are the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Good overall was a disappointment. Not particularly tasteful and very poor value! Too expensive for what we got. Serving staff weren't that attentive, or friendly had to ask for cutlery and other things several times. Compared to other Greek rest. In EDMONTON Koutouki gets a failing grade. First & last time for our group.
- Fun night outjustannieDined on 8/16/2014Wanted somewhere unique to take out of town guests. Koutouki ticked all of the boxes - great ambience, delicious & plentiful food, & outstanding service (even though it was a packed house & the staff were run off their feet.) Add plate smashing & a belly dancer - it was an experience we all enjoyed. Our table of 4 went with the Meze option - 12 dishes to share. The food was fantastic & spaced nicely to give you time to enjoy each dish. Leave room for dessert (I can't recall the name) - phyllo pastry with a custard filling & sweet glaze (you REALLY want to have this.) It's been a few years since I was at this restaurant & I have to ask myself why I waited so long to go back. It certainly won't be that long until my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysRiderfanDined on 8/16/2014Great food, fun atmosphere. Always feel like I am experiencing a little bit of Greece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceOverallDined on 8/16/2014In general NOT AT ALL impressed1 The food presentation lacked style. Food was served in little dessert/salad plates and 6 adults had to share from that. It almost seemed like they were left overs. THe "MEZE" was not enough for 6 adults and TOO expensive for what it is. We were left wondering if there was more food coming... No Air Conditioner or fans, ALL Guests were uncomfortable with the heat in the restaurant. Music was too loud. Not impressed with the service, meal not brought in a timely manner. Do not plan to return. If you decide to give it a try, DO NOT order the "MEZE" not worth the price. Bring your ear plugs and a fan....
- Food and Service Outstanding!Foodie4LifeDined on 8/16/2014This isn't just a restaurant, it's an entire experience from beginning to end. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated like one of the family. The food was incredible! We ordered the Meze, the assortment of dishes, for our group of 5. Everything arrived hot and delicious! Not one dish disappointed. The room was full, everyone was enjoying themselves, the Belly dancer and plate breaking just added to the fun. We were treated with extreme care and kindness and the overall experience was phenomenal. It's only been a few days and I have already recommended this place to quite a few friends and my family and I will definitely return. I cannot thank the owners enough for having such passion for their restaurant !! Opa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going backJoceDined on 8/14/2014Very disappointing experience. We were a group of four and the restaurant was not very busy.Seems that the restaurant had runn out of food and each time we ordered something it took 10 minutes for the server to come back and told us that the items were not available . First they did not have draft beer , after that they only had 2 of their four dips, nolamb Kebabs...wait and more wait.Two people did not have cutlery .We ordered another order of pita and dips before we got our meals and after they picked up our main dishes they brought the pita without the tzatziki. We shared the Rack of lamb and asked for medium rare and it was well cook .By this time we just wanted to get out.The waitress send somebody else to bring the bill ...
- so enjoyableCharlieDined on 8/9/2014Really enjoyed the food and the belly dance show. Could not have had a better time than we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightdinerDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I love this restaurant when we have a date night. The meze is perfect for a relaxed night of eating and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable as usualAdamDined on 8/6/2014The north side Koutouki restaurant is miles ahead of the South side one. I refuse to step foot into the south side location nowadays, but I am always eager to spend some time on their 124th street location because the food is hot, the service friendly, and the ambience enjoyable. The grilled octopus the other night was slightly overcooked, and the calamari was a bit heavy, but nothing serious, and our whole party enjoyed themselves immensely.Special Features:
- a missed dishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food was great and service very good over all. We sat right at the front of the restaurant with open windows onto the street. There were two tables back to back, which made it very crowded and not easy to get in and out of the chairs. As the restaurant was not very busy, it would have made sense to remove one of the tables and give us a bit more room and privacy. Our meal was delish, but the server forgot about one of our appetizer plates we've ordered. It arrived late, when we're just close to leaving. They comp'ed our wine to make up for that. I would go back, as the food never disappoints at Koutouki and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- very good fooddrewDined on 7/30/2014My wife and i just happened to see this on our ooen table app and decided to try it out. The waiter was very knowladgeable and helpfull to us. The food was excellent, the best shrimp appy i have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun atmosphere!got2eatDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing, if, a little expensive. We were a party of 4 ladies, and we each ordered starters to share and main courses. the waiter was friendly, and attentive, even suggesting different cocktails for us, when we asked for his help. Belly dancing was on the menu too, as it was a Saturday night (no minors allowed on Saturday night, which was ok by us!). Great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite gem....RegularGuyDined on 7/26/2014Have enjoyed the family restaurants for years, although some may consider it 'dirty' in appearance it is part of the rustic charm. Honestly, it could use some updating. ... The food was delicious and the portions very generous, but consider it a treat to visit as 2 appetizers, 2 drinks, and 4 entrées will run you $200+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very expensivePreciousDined on 7/17/2014We were a party for 4 people and dined in the evening. The restaurant was full and noisy and you could barely hear the music. Food was delicious however the service was slow probably because it was busy. We ended up paying over 200$ for 4 people ( appatizer+main dish and 1 bottle of wine) which was a bit overpriced compared to other restaurants in the area. The restaurant looks dated and lacks the traditional greek decor. The size of the dish wasn't impressive and the greek beer was 10$/bottle!! Anyways it was a nice experience but I don't think we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutTamaraDined on 7/8/2014My boyfriend and I loved this restaurant. The food was so good, the atmosphere very quiet, and our server was nice, polite, and funny. We had a great evening out. We will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Not Return!MichelleVIPDined on 6/29/2014Have been to this restaurant several times wanting to always give it another chance but the last visit was the final one. Firstly, they did not honor my request for a special table for a celebration - we were placed where music was loud and temperature was cold. Food is far too pricey for the quality and quantity. You could barely cut into the pork chop and the chicken was very dry among other meal issues. Fried zucchini always served (the cheapest vegetable to serve) and no other option. Service was terrible yet restaurant was not busy. These situations have been ongoing at this restaurant. We were ripped off and that was unfortunate as the guests were out of province who know good Greek food.
- Very good!!mkruDined on 6/28/2014Went with a group of 6, so they ordered a variety of apps. They all looked delicious! I had the roasted lamb, it was phenomenal. Will definitely be back soon!!Special Features:
- Fun night out!nancypixDined on 6/27/2014Went with friends on the weekend and had a great meal! Mostly shared appetizers and everything was great. Always dependable and delicious--great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were there to catch up with friends...found the volume of music when the dancer was performing to be way too loud, but other than that, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 328 reviews are from the Koutouki Taverna reviews archive.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014What a great restaurant ! Dancing onto the street was awesome... And the food was great too! Thank you for making my birthday one to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong choicedanetteDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I both love Greek food. We used to go to Syrtaki's but now it's no longer open so we went to Koutouki's. Wrong choice for an anniversary dinner. Very loud and energetic. Food was good but not impressed with the choices given for the Meza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014I made a reservation, drove over 30 min to get there....and they had a private function going on and we were not allowed to eat. In the future please do no send confirmations of bookings when a booking for that night is not possible.
- Value for moneyLadybug713Dined on 5/28/2014I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, however found their prices to be high Two people, two tea, two appetitizers, two mains - $97. We didn't even have an alcoholic bevy or dessert! And those chairs are really uncomfortable. I probably won't return when there are so many other restaurants to choose from with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceDBreadDined on 5/24/2014Koutouki's was once again a great spot to meet for dinner. We didn't specifically order anything and just had the servers bring us recommendations and it was great! I recommend that move when you go here...you pretty much can't miss with their menu.Special Features:
- fun nightbevvyDined on 5/17/2014It was a fun night and the food was awesome. They didn't have a belly dancer so we were disappointed about that for sure, that did take away from the evening, this was the first time we went and there was no belly dancer.Special Features:
- Great Greek food!CustomerDined on 5/16/2014No lamb kebab available that night, so my partner had the braised lamb. Delicious! I had Arctic char which was beautifully cooked. Meals are served hot. Attentive service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Atmosphere!!LovetodineDined on 5/10/2014We were a group of 8 people, all in our late 20's to early 30's and enjoyed ourselves immensely! The restaurant does have a cozy feel but it made for the supper to feel very family like. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant the music was playing, plates were breaking and the belly dancer was entertaining. We did not go to the restaurant on a budget, and ended up spending close to 80 dollars a piece on appetizers, a main dish and wine but considering we spent 3 solid hours enjoying our experience I think it was well worth it and hope to return again soon!Special Features:
- It's backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Dined here frequently a few years ago. It was generally the go-to Greek food place and we had many excellent meals there. Had a couple of mediocre experiences at one of 124th street locations at the time of all the ownership changes and stopped coming. The food on Saturday was up to the standards we had always expected of Koutouki.Special Features:
- Great Greek Food Dinning ExperienceWasskyRabbit2014Dined on 5/9/2014Really enjoyed the whole evening very relaxing atmosphere good food and authentic entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.