10719 - 124 St
Edmonton, AB T5M 0H1Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.koutouki.ca/
- Phone: (780) 452-5383
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tues -Thurs 4:30pm-10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 4:30pm-11:00pm No Minor Policy
Sunday 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Chris St.Denis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do all kinds of catering, from corporate lunches to wedding receptions. Whether you are looking for a 12 course meal or a couple different dishes, Koutouki will always satisfy. For more information feel free to give us a call or email us. Info@koutouki.ca.
- Private Party Facilities: As ther restaurant is divided into 2 semi private rooms, we offer private bookings. Whether it be a Christmas party, wedding reception or any other group activity, we can accomodate your needs. You may book half of the restaurant or the whole restaurant, the choice is yours. Rooms are available anytime, upon availability. Contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris St.Denis 7804525383x
- Entertainment: Our goal is to make you feel as though you have left on vacation for Greece. We offer the best bellydancers this side of the Atlantic, and we will dance you into the streets.
A word from Koutouki Taverna
Koutouki Taverna is a family-run Greek restaurant offering up authentic Greek food and a lively atmosphere. We use nothing but the freshest ingredients in our recipes, that are homemade in house daily. The decor is comfortable,welcoming, and resembles a quaint taverna one might stumble upon when travelling the Greek isles. However, on Fridays and Saturdays when the sun goes down, the energy goes up. Bellydancing, plate smashing, and Zorba dancing make for an exciting and memorable dining experience.Continued
**As of April 1, 2012 Koutouki will have a No Minor Policy on Friday and Saturday Evenings.**
**As of April 1, 2012 Koutouki will have a No Minor Policy on Friday and Saturday Evenings.**
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Koutouki Taverna - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Koutouki Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (24)romantic (19)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ThomasDined on 11/19/2014The wicker chairs are very quite uncomfortable, tables for 2 are more like old tavern tables, not much space for appetizers, beverages etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsPizzaLoverVIPDined on 11/15/2014Had not been there in years. The menu and décor are about the same as I remember. Has a good atmosphere – goes with the menu. Not gourmet dinning but a fun night out. Good for a group. Friendly and efficient service. Moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightotocadDined on 11/15/2014Group of 5 came at 5:15 before an 8pm Rexall show. Perfect timing. Had the sampler menu (x5). Good variety, tasty, the right amount served at the right speed. Not too noisy. Attentive servers. A good experience. Would do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014reservation was for 7pm arrived at 7pm, ordered at 7:20 and our main course showed up at 8:55. And to top it off the dinner was cold. We won't be back
- fun night with great foodctranDined on 11/14/2014always great food with a lively atmosphere, especially when the belly dancer comes inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014This restaurant has great appies and the mains hold up pretty good too!! Apparently the chicken livers are to die for, but that wasn't my taste. Chairs were really uncomfortable but the service was very friendly!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally real authetic GreekMirksDined on 11/11/2014Ever since I saw the reality show many years ago on tv I wanted to come to Koutouki. My expectations were far exceeded. This is very rare. Usually a place is all hype, not so for Koutouki. I had mezes (I dined alone) but the simlest Greek dishes elevated to absolute perfection. Octopus was melt in your mouth and presented in a way that even the squemish would try it. Keftedes best I have ever had, moist, flavourful and so good. Dolmathes again awesome and refreshingly not drowning in avolgelemono sauce like they are usually presented - nothing was over-sauced, food shone. The service was awesome and I felt very cared for and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of GreeceMommyDined on 11/6/2014The mezes at Koutouki are always good, and we always order at least four for dinner: including dolmades, chicken skewer, ouzo prawns and Greek salad. The pita is freshly made, tasty and hot. The service is usually good, but on this occasion, after a friendly start, we were abandoned for over half an hour with our empty plates, and had to ask for coffee several times. Because our play was starting in 10 minutes at Theatre Network across the road, we also had to track down a waitress for our bill. Too bad. The evening began so well.Special Features:
- Always a great meal. OPA!TigerhouseTeamVIPDined on 11/6/2014A lovely family restaurant we've been going to - every 2-3 months - for the past several years. Most times dining is on a weeknight after work so it is normally quiet and the service great. My husband and I share 4 appetizer plates, a dessert and with a bottle of wine we have had a satisfying meal. Sometimes parking can be a challenge depending on when you arrive -- but we are never more than a block away. Try the spanikopita, the keftedes (meatballs) and the grilled halloumi cheese. Average cost for us with wine and tip, $100.Special Features:
- What a great restaurantsofullDined on 11/1/2014We had the meze, which was like a tapas meal with small plates of several different dishes. Each dish was better than before and introduced us to several that we will definitely order again. The giant beans were to die for!!!! Two hours later we were full and very happy. A great time.Special Features:
- great food wonderful servicerunswithscissors72Dined on 10/29/2014The service is always great, if your waiter/ waitress is busy another one takes over, it's a team effort which is why I believe the service is so good. Food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthernerDined on 10/25/2014Food was great. Service was great. Price was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great experience herewinterlionDined on 10/21/2014If you come for nothing else, come for the Ouzo Prawns!! I love this restaurant. The servers are so helpful and enjoyable. The atmosphere is pretty genuine. Food is fantastic. We were there just having a nice conversation and mostly appetizers. All their food is good. But Ouzo Prawns are totally to-die-for good!!Special Features:
- 95 min. to entrees / food fantasticHRHPrincessVIPDined on 10/18/2014Music was too loud. Service was VERY slow. But Prawn souvlaki was generous (8 large grilled prawns!) and delicious.
- Fair ....unimpressedDined on 10/10/2014Very pleasant atmosphere and friendly staff. Good service even though staff appeared pushy at times. The noise level could be brought down a decibel or two. Our party had decided to sample a number of starters and could attest to the following: * dips were tasting fair to good; * houmous tasted the same as the one offered by the Save on Foods store; * pita bred was fine; * prawns were fairly tasteless; * grilled halumi cheese was poorly prepared; * grilled octopus, while the tastiest of all starters we had tried, was overdone and chewy. In summary, food was fair and of less than memorable taste. With that in mind, the prices of starters are rather unreasonably high. We would not visit again unless the chef improves the offerings.
- Great food, poor serviceLolaVIPDined on 10/5/2014They had a big issue with the Open Table cheque. I had a $65.00 cheque and they made a big deal about it, making it clear to the entire table of 5 that I was using a "coupon" as she called it. The entire situation was embarrassing and unpleasant, however the meal was good. The service prior to that was spotty - no serving spoons with shared dishes, water not filled up, wrong food brought to table, all these things we chose to overlook as we were having nice meal. However the last 10 minutes put a damper on the entire evening.
- Can't missMattFoleyDined on 10/4/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Koutouki Taverna, I recommend this fine establishment for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!got2eatDined on 9/28/2014This was my second visit, and was just as good as the first! Great atmosphere and attentive service. We enjoyed beautiful, tender lamb, and succulent pork chops on this visit. We also shared starters of meatballs and fried cheese. Amazing! All meals come with a greek salad served family-style to share. Always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taverna environment??earlybirdsDined on 9/19/2014I was disappointed that when I reserved, I booked for 8:00 PM believing that would be a better time to experience the Taverna atmosphere........belly dancing and plate smashing.....only to find that within 15 minutes of sitting down, she was done and when I asked if there was another set, the answer was no the place was basically empty by the time we left at 9:30, which suprised us for a weekend i delayed supper wanting to experience the extras but was disappointed...food and athmosphere was still goodSpecial Features:
- Salty!KalispellDined on 9/19/2014Food was good but everything was way too salty! Service was okay. Waitress forgot our order, still charged us for pita that arrived after our main course. Wait staff kept our water filled, which was needed due to overwhelming saltiness of everything. Dancer, music and ambience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got turned awayMrsCheesieDined on 9/12/2014Made reservations to celebrate a family birthday. Having missed the no minors on the weekend clause we were turned away with three children at 6:30 at night, left to find a place to feed 9 people at 7:00 at night. On top of that staff made the two earliest guests pay for pop they ordered but could not drink. Very tacky. Staff was rude and belligerent. The term "family" restaurant is extremely misleading. We will not recommend your establishment to any one seeking advice on Greek eateries.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Service was slow, food came slow. First time I have experienced that in ths restaurant. Looks like a one off. Other than that, food was outstandng, as usual.Special Features:
- Fantastic farefoodloverDined on 9/7/2014If greek food is your thing then you will love this place. Fantastic tasting food, good service and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Friday Night Entertainmentkmacd11VIPDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Only complaint is in regards to the belly dancer. The belly dancer was great but the music was turned up so loud that we couldn't even yell at each other and a few members of our group got a headache. Some people, like myself, enjoy the restaurant for the food and don't care for the entertainment. I think a better balance is needed.Special Features:
- Koutouki remains consistenteatingenjoymentDined on 9/3/2014I have never gone to this restaurant disappointed. Last night was no different. Moussaka for me; lamb roast for hubby. Exceptional "layers" of flavors to both dishes. The meal started with a complementary Greek Salad. Meal, wine for two, and gratuity under $100; in my book, that's good quality. If you crave a more intimate space, just ask the hostess; we were placed more to the back where two-person tables are the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Good overall was a disappointment. Not particularly tasteful and very poor value! Too expensive for what we got. Serving staff weren't that attentive, or friendly had to ask for cutlery and other things several times. Compared to other Greek rest. In EDMONTON Koutouki gets a failing grade. First & last time for our group.
- Fun night outjustannieDined on 8/16/2014Wanted somewhere unique to take out of town guests. Koutouki ticked all of the boxes - great ambience, delicious & plentiful food, & outstanding service (even though it was a packed house & the staff were run off their feet.) Add plate smashing & a belly dancer - it was an experience we all enjoyed. Our table of 4 went with the Meze option - 12 dishes to share. The food was fantastic & spaced nicely to give you time to enjoy each dish. Leave room for dessert (I can't recall the name) - phyllo pastry with a custard filling & sweet glaze (you REALLY want to have this.) It's been a few years since I was at this restaurant & I have to ask myself why I waited so long to go back. It certainly won't be that long until my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysRiderfanDined on 8/16/2014Great food, fun atmosphere. Always feel like I am experiencing a little bit of Greece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceOverallDined on 8/16/2014In general NOT AT ALL impressed1 The food presentation lacked style. Food was served in little dessert/salad plates and 6 adults had to share from that. It almost seemed like they were left overs. THe "MEZE" was not enough for 6 adults and TOO expensive for what it is. We were left wondering if there was more food coming... No Air Conditioner or fans, ALL Guests were uncomfortable with the heat in the restaurant. Music was too loud. Not impressed with the service, meal not brought in a timely manner. Do not plan to return. If you decide to give it a try, DO NOT order the "MEZE" not worth the price. Bring your ear plugs and a fan....
- Food and Service Outstanding!Foodie4LifeDined on 8/16/2014This isn't just a restaurant, it's an entire experience from beginning to end. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated like one of the family. The food was incredible! We ordered the Meze, the assortment of dishes, for our group of 5. Everything arrived hot and delicious! Not one dish disappointed. The room was full, everyone was enjoying themselves, the Belly dancer and plate breaking just added to the fun. We were treated with extreme care and kindness and the overall experience was phenomenal. It's only been a few days and I have already recommended this place to quite a few friends and my family and I will definitely return. I cannot thank the owners enough for having such passion for their restaurant !! Opa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going backJoceDined on 8/14/2014Very disappointing experience. We were a group of four and the restaurant was not very busy.Seems that the restaurant had runn out of food and each time we ordered something it took 10 minutes for the server to come back and told us that the items were not available . First they did not have draft beer , after that they only had 2 of their four dips, nolamb Kebabs...wait and more wait.Two people did not have cutlery .We ordered another order of pita and dips before we got our meals and after they picked up our main dishes they brought the pita without the tzatziki. We shared the Rack of lamb and asked for medium rare and it was well cook .By this time we just wanted to get out.The waitress send somebody else to bring the bill ...
- so enjoyableCharlieDined on 8/9/2014Really enjoyed the food and the belly dance show. Could not have had a better time than we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightdinerDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I love this restaurant when we have a date night. The meze is perfect for a relaxed night of eating and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable as usualAdamDined on 8/6/2014The north side Koutouki restaurant is miles ahead of the South side one. I refuse to step foot into the south side location nowadays, but I am always eager to spend some time on their 124th street location because the food is hot, the service friendly, and the ambience enjoyable. The grilled octopus the other night was slightly overcooked, and the calamari was a bit heavy, but nothing serious, and our whole party enjoyed themselves immensely.Special Features:
- a missed dishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food was great and service very good over all. We sat right at the front of the restaurant with open windows onto the street. There were two tables back to back, which made it very crowded and not easy to get in and out of the chairs. As the restaurant was not very busy, it would have made sense to remove one of the tables and give us a bit more room and privacy. Our meal was delish, but the server forgot about one of our appetizer plates we've ordered. It arrived late, when we're just close to leaving. They comp'ed our wine to make up for that. I would go back, as the food never disappoints at Koutouki and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- very good fooddrewDined on 7/30/2014My wife and i just happened to see this on our ooen table app and decided to try it out. The waiter was very knowladgeable and helpfull to us. The food was excellent, the best shrimp appy i have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun atmosphere!got2eatDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing, if, a little expensive. We were a party of 4 ladies, and we each ordered starters to share and main courses. the waiter was friendly, and attentive, even suggesting different cocktails for us, when we asked for his help. Belly dancing was on the menu too, as it was a Saturday night (no minors allowed on Saturday night, which was ok by us!). Great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite gem....RegularGuyDined on 7/26/2014Have enjoyed the family restaurants for years, although some may consider it 'dirty' in appearance it is part of the rustic charm. Honestly, it could use some updating. ... The food was delicious and the portions very generous, but consider it a treat to visit as 2 appetizers, 2 drinks, and 4 entrées will run you $200+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 334 reviews are from the Koutouki Taverna reviews archive.
- Good food but very expensivePreciousDined on 7/17/2014We were a party for 4 people and dined in the evening. The restaurant was full and noisy and you could barely hear the music. Food was delicious however the service was slow probably because it was busy. We ended up paying over 200$ for 4 people ( appatizer+main dish and 1 bottle of wine) which was a bit overpriced compared to other restaurants in the area. The restaurant looks dated and lacks the traditional greek decor. The size of the dish wasn't impressive and the greek beer was 10$/bottle!! Anyways it was a nice experience but I don't think we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutTamaraDined on 7/8/2014My boyfriend and I loved this restaurant. The food was so good, the atmosphere very quiet, and our server was nice, polite, and funny. We had a great evening out. We will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.