Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas
6959 Lebanon Rd
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kottasushilounge.com/
- Phone: 2147050090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kenny Chong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can provide sushi platters or any kitchen items to accommodate any party. Just make sure to provide us with ample time.
A word from Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas
Kotta pronounced (coat-a)means exquisite or tasty. Kotta takes pride in having the freshest fish in town. Guaranteed! Enjoy our Zen like atmosphere for business or pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best Sushi in Frisco (in DFW!)SushiGuruDined on 8/22/2014This has become our go to sushi place lately. Price is perfect, food is amazing, and the staff treats you with high respect! We have tried every single item on the menu and unique taste of each is really good. If you haven't been there yet, you need to go! Let me put it this, my wife and I have been together for almost 11 years and she hates sushi. Whenever we used to go out she would try a bite or two from what I order, but only eat the California role (hates raw fish.) Since we became regulars at Kotta, she now eats all kind of raw fish there and only at Kotta! The food presentation, the cleanliness, and the taste are to die for! I hope they don't change. My only con is that it gets very crowded and extremely loud.Special Features:
- Best Sushi in No TexasFmc374Dined on 8/22/2014Great, fresh sushi - all the time!! Never had a bad meal there (and we've been there a lot). Love all the combo rolls they come up with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BSquaredTXDined on 8/15/2014Kotta is always a great spot for lunch, this was our first time making reservations for dinner. Kotta had a special section with tables marked "reserved", so we walked right in! Great service, great food, and great sake!Special Features:
- Sushi selections are very goodBentonshopper48Dined on 8/6/2014This is the second time I have eaten dinner at Kotta Sushi. We waited about 35 minutes on our first visit for a table, and I made reservations for my last visit. The sushi is extremely good and the presentation is excellent. The staff are friendly and attentive. Friday and Saturday nights are very busy, and with a full crowd it can be noisy. I would recommend Kotta Sushi as a place to go and the menu selections are great!Special Features:
- Excellent Every TimeJluv2eatVIPDined on 7/26/2014Kotta is Frisco's neighborhood gem. Sushi is always super fresh and beautifully displayed. Service is great. We always request Andrew as our server. The owner, Ken is awesome. He's always there and running a great establishment. We are a huge fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally great but...FoodieDined on 7/26/2014The sushi here is great and they have a steak coleslaw appetizer that's delicious. This was our 2nd time dining here. Again, the sushi is great but we also ordered some panko fried shrimp appetizer and it was raw once we bit into it. This grossed us out and was probably a freak accident but we probably will not be returning for a little bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Kotta!sfstockDined on 7/1/2014We love Kotta! It's our favorite sushi restaurant. We eat here several times a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the sushiBobbyBDined on 6/27/2014After hearing about how good the sushi was a group of four decided to check it out this past Friday. Well....it must have been an off night as the sushi was not very fresh, the rolls were not made properly, they failed to bring 2 items out that we ordered and the service was sub-par to say the least.
- OK Food average pricegreatplaceDined on 6/27/2014Food is ok, nothing special there. Roll fall apart before I even touch it, need little work there.
- Rolls, rolls, rolls.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014If you like sushi rolls, this is your place. If you're looking for more authentic Japanese fare/vibe, seek elsewhere, but if you like the fusion-y American-Japanese, sushi the rolls here are great. Almost too many to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodFoodieDined on 6/20/2014Really good and fresh sushi. There was an appetizer with beef and marinated cabbage- kind of like a salad that was excellent! The volcano roll was amazing!! The only thing was the waitress wasn't really suggestive or helpful knowing it was our first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fresh FishBHM104Dined on 5/19/2014When you go to a sushi restaurant, you expect the fish to be as fresh as they can get it and you expect a good variety...Kotta Sushi Lounge delivers both. Their sushi chef, Kenny, has a flair for presentation (something the Japanese culture puts high on their list) so we had to take photos of all the sushi delivered to our table. There are alot of sushi places in town but this is one of the better ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kotta ExperiencecocoaDined on 5/9/2014The food was excellent and a great variety of sushi dishes. The service was prompt and very knowledgeable. I would go there again and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignored reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014We made reservations, and could not be seated. After watching other people getting tables, we pushed 3 hi-tops in the bar together. All 8 of us had been looking forward to a comfortable, enjoyable dinner. That did not happen. I was especially disappointed after receiving 2 email confirmations for the reservation.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas reviews archive.
- Great sushi, classy restaurantkaenhuDined on 2/15/2014Make sure you have reservations if you plan on coming here after 5P on a Saturday. This wasn't mentioned on the restaurant website but I made reservations anyway and was so glad I did. The manager/owner was walking around the restaurant and informed us that they don't take any walk-ins at all after 5P on Saturdays. This may apply to other nights too, I was only there on Saturday. Anyway--I ate only sushi and it was all delicious. Everything was well done and fresh. My friend had the garden noodles with chicken and I sampled some of hers and it was wonderful. All in all I'd go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local sushiJBinTXDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I frequent regularly and have only had one mediocre experience. Every other has been great sushi and drinks. Went recently for valentine's day (Saturday) and everything was great. Only complaint was a pair of kids at another table who kept kicking the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We have been several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day SpecialSkipDined on 2/14/2014Outstanding Service, knowledgeable staff on the sushi and fantastic food!!Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphereNickDined on 2/8/2014Have been to Kotta several times. While a neighborhood location it rivals any of its larger competitors in this space. The food was extremely fresh, great presentation and terrific menu options. It is small-ish and intimate. Great place - can't miss.
- Favorite sushi place hands downelyssa09Dined on 2/7/2014Kotta is awesome everytime we go! Last time we sat at the Sushi Bar and watched the Chefs make the delicious Crunch roll & Samurai roll. Their fried rice is literally the best i've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not equipped for reservationsprodinerVIPDined on 2/1/2014The food is good but don't bother making a reservation because they do not honor them. We always make reservations but end up waiting and due to the lack of space you can't even enjoy the bar while you wait.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Hidden GemRenabeeDined on 2/1/2014I went to Kotta on a Sunday afternoon....it was quiet, classy and somewhere I knew I wanted to return to. Wow....totally different experience on Saturday night at 7pm. I guess that's anywhere now, but Kotta was especially noisy. Maybe some sound muffling on the walls would help, but no one in our party could even hear each other. It was miserable. Also, the table/booth combos are wayyy to close for comfort. I felt at any time the stranger next to me could reach over and grab my sushi roll. It was unsettling. Other than that, the food is great. The spring roll dipping sauce was new and different and I'm going to try to copy it at home. I'll be back but never on Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Best Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We were promptly seated upon arrival and greeted by our waitress. She suggested a few rolls for us to try and she did not steer us wrong. I ordered the Mardi Gras Roll and my husband had the Nacho Roll. We were both impressed with the quality and the taste...it was delicious. We have tried sushi all over the Frisco area and this is our favorite by far. We could not have asked for a more attentive waitress, she exceeded our expectations. The manager even stopped by to see how we enjoyed our dinner. Whenever we go out for sushi...you can bet, this is the place we will go. If Julia is working....ask to sit in her section....she is the BEST!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacebpvetteDined on 1/31/2014I have been here several times. The service has always been very good. I had made a reservation so we were seated immediately. The sushi is really good for Americanized sushi although I prefer traditional sushi a little better. Regardless you should experience a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okCharbelDined on 1/16/2014Hello The food was good. Service was slow. did not fill the glasses quickly. Order was slow to come to the table and there was an error on the bill that they fixed. the waiter would forget about us and come every once in a while. I expected better service.Special Features:
- Love the food, always amazing.SmartPakerLissaVIPDined on 1/10/2014Love the food, always amazing. Out waiter took forever to get our order, never asked us if it was good when it came out & we were eating. And she wasn't the friendliest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par sushiLive2eatVIPDined on 1/9/2014Sushi is underwhelming at Kotta. Most rolls I've tried lack the flavor I'm accustomed to. Menu items, however, are outstanding . The asian beef slaw app is fantastic. I definitely will return but hoping they get their act together on the sushi rollsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spot.emcoll89Dined on 12/31/2013We ate here for New Year's Eve and fell in love with the Nacho Roll. Our waitress was very helpful and suggested some great rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off menuFullplategirlDined on 12/28/2013They have several off menu items to try, just ask the waiter if you can't decide. This is one of my favorite sushi places in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious in a lovely placeJMorenoVIPDined on 12/28/2013Fresh and tasty ingredients perfectly cooked and with innovative combinations make Kotta an out-of-ordinary sushi. Nice place and the service is very friendly, helpful and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kotta Sushi LoungeLisaDallasDined on 12/13/2013Kotta Sushi Lounge is my favorite spot for sushi! My favorite is the Nacho Roll. The food is always great, I've loved everything I have eaten there, great ambience, the staff is accommodating and friendly, and Kotta is very kid friendly.Special Features:
- It was our first time here.Luv2eatoutDined on 11/21/2013It was our first time here. We read the great review on the net about it. We were not familiar with the Frisco area and was needing a place to take a client out for dinner that was close to home for them. We luved and would go back again. It was a nice casual sushi restaurant that will make traditional Japanese dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fast serviceBoyeDined on 11/15/2013This was my first time at Kotta. Food was very good and the service was prompt. It has an energetic feel with an active but small outdoor area and indoor bar area. Good specials of the day, which we ordered from and a nice wine list. I plan to dine there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here for lunch with friends,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/28/2013Came here for lunch with friends, nice service, quaint restaurant with nice menu options. A little on the expensive side but the rolls we ordered were delicious. Very good lunch menu options as well.Special Features:
- Kotta 1st timeFullplategirlDined on 10/18/2013We made reservations through open table. Showed up on a Saturday night at 7 and our table had a reserved sign on it just waiting for us. The waiter was very friendly and even suggested something that wasn't currently on the menu. Food was fresh and wonderfu. There were a lot of kids but we were in a section of two- seat tables so it was great for our date night. We had two rolls and the Teriyaki salmon. All really great. This is my new favorite sushi place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi Find in N.DallasMustEatFood615Dined on 10/12/2013Kotta is a wonderful little jem of a sushi place in Frisco. Great sushi rolls, fun atmosphere, and interesting sake options. It's not cheap sushi, but you get what you pay for! Had a wonderful time, great place for night out with friends, will definitley be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad hostess..... great recovery!FriscoMomVIPDined on 10/7/2013We had booked several hours in advance via Open Table and asked for an outside table. The hostess was inexperienced and stated upon our arrival that there was no room outside and that because it was a web reservation, they don't get the requests. Both hostesses were inventing reasons as they went - basically blaming it on the customer! We had out of town guests with us or I would have walked away at that point.....But thankfully a smart waiter joined in the conversation and remembered we were the customer. By the end of the meal, and because the food is always outstanding, we had forgiven the bad start - thanks to the waiter and the owner who were outstanding! We will go back as the food is just unequaled anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place to eat SushiSushiloverDined on 8/17/2013Everything I have eaten has been amazing and very tasty. This is my new favorite neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous sushi. One of myKWatsVIPDined on 8/10/2013Fabulous sushi. One of my favorites for a quick lunch or dinner. Friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Excellent Sushi! Service isKWatsVIPDined on 7/29/2013Excellent Sushi! Service is great, love sitting at the sushi bar and enjoying a quick bite. Consistently excellent sushi.Special Features: