Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas
6959 Lebanon Rd
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kottasushilounge.com/
- Phone: (214) 705-0090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kenny Chong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can provide sushi platters or any kitchen items to accommodate any party. Just make sure to provide us with ample time.
A word from Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas
Kotta pronounced (coat-a)means exquisite or tasty. Kotta takes pride in having the freshest fish in town. Guaranteed! Enjoy our Zen like atmosphere for business or pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Frisco ›
Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (11)hot spot (11)special occasion (10)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- it was okayAlfonsoVIPDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. The service was great and the restaurant is nice. The food, however was average. Just because there are so many other sushi options, we'll not be back.
- Great Food & Wait ServiceBillEDined on 11/7/2014High level of service, food preparation and taste. Consistent through every visit (more than 10) since we came across Kotta a year ago. +++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great ExperienceShesakeeperDined on 11/1/2014We love Kotta! The food is amazing! We usually get the Shrimp Spring Rolls and Edamame for apps and I order the Shaken Filet Mignonette for my dinner. My husband prefers the sushi entrees and usually orders the Volcano Roll and Ranger Roll. Both are very good and perfect for those who do not want to eat raw fish. My steak is always so tender and cooked perfectly. My husband is a disabled vet with ALS and uses a walker to get around. Kotta has always been accommodating and very respectful. We have never had a problem navigating throughout the restaurant. We appreciate their kindness and hospitality. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFriscoFoodieDined on 10/25/2014I would definitely recommend Kotta Sushi to anyone. The service was superb. Food was delicious, and ambiance perfect for date night. We will definitely be repeat customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014Our server was knowledgeable but not personable. The food was excellent, but the server lost the personal connection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome.MoreBrewDined on 10/10/2014Been here at least 20 times and never ever been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in FriscoMarisa1foodieDined on 10/8/2014This is my spot. I come here with a friend one night a week. We usually sit at the bar, Thomas is a great bartender and is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi aroundfoodgodVIPDined on 10/8/2014This place has the best sushi in all of Dallas if you ask me. Their standard great rolls always deliver and the new monthly rolls always surprise me as to how good they are.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014We dine here several times a week! Always great! It's my daughter's fav restaurant, and a popular meeting place for my friends and ISpecial Features:
- werfoodiesVIPDined on 8/30/2014Kotta is a fine sashimi & sushi place. Service was a little slow, it was really noisy, but quality of tuna, wasabi were excellent. Ginger was a bit tough. Waiters while slow were quite pleasant. Loved the Spider Roll! Didnt care for Beef Fried Rice. Beef was tender, but the entire dish tasted like beef, & cant say i liked it. Will go back to try a different flavor. Great that they offer 2 sizes of rice. Nice that such a small neighborhood restaurant is on Open Table!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in Frisco (in DFW!)SushiGuruDined on 8/22/2014This has become our go to sushi place lately. Price is perfect, food is amazing, and the staff treats you with high respect! We have tried every single item on the menu and unique taste of each is really good. If you haven't been there yet, you need to go! Let me put it this, my wife and I have been together for almost 11 years and she hates sushi. Whenever we used to go out she would try a bite or two from what I order, but only eat the California role (hates raw fish.) Since we became regulars at Kotta, she now eats all kind of raw fish there and only at Kotta! The food presentation, the cleanliness, and the taste are to die for! I hope they don't change. My only con is that it gets very crowded and extremely loud.Special Features:
- Best Sushi in No TexasFmc374Dined on 8/22/2014Great, fresh sushi - all the time!! Never had a bad meal there (and we've been there a lot). Love all the combo rolls they come up with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BSquaredTXDined on 8/15/2014Kotta is always a great spot for lunch, this was our first time making reservations for dinner. Kotta had a special section with tables marked "reserved", so we walked right in! Great service, great food, and great sake!Special Features:
- Sushi selections are very goodBentonshopper48Dined on 8/6/2014This is the second time I have eaten dinner at Kotta Sushi. We waited about 35 minutes on our first visit for a table, and I made reservations for my last visit. The sushi is extremely good and the presentation is excellent. The staff are friendly and attentive. Friday and Saturday nights are very busy, and with a full crowd it can be noisy. I would recommend Kotta Sushi as a place to go and the menu selections are great!Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Kotta Sushi Lounge - Dallas reviews archive.
- Excellent Every TimeJluv2eatVIPDined on 7/26/2014Kotta is Frisco's neighborhood gem. Sushi is always super fresh and beautifully displayed. Service is great. We always request Andrew as our server. The owner, Ken is awesome. He's always there and running a great establishment. We are a huge fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally great but...FoodieDined on 7/26/2014The sushi here is great and they have a steak coleslaw appetizer that's delicious. This was our 2nd time dining here. Again, the sushi is great but we also ordered some panko fried shrimp appetizer and it was raw once we bit into it. This grossed us out and was probably a freak accident but we probably will not be returning for a little bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Kotta!sfstockDined on 7/1/2014We love Kotta! It's our favorite sushi restaurant. We eat here several times a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the sushiBobbyBDined on 6/27/2014After hearing about how good the sushi was a group of four decided to check it out this past Friday. Well....it must have been an off night as the sushi was not very fresh, the rolls were not made properly, they failed to bring 2 items out that we ordered and the service was sub-par to say the least.
- OK Food average pricegreatplaceDined on 6/27/2014Food is ok, nothing special there. Roll fall apart before I even touch it, need little work there.
- Rolls, rolls, rolls.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014If you like sushi rolls, this is your place. If you're looking for more authentic Japanese fare/vibe, seek elsewhere, but if you like the fusion-y American-Japanese, sushi the rolls here are great. Almost too many to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodFoodieDined on 6/20/2014Really good and fresh sushi. There was an appetizer with beef and marinated cabbage- kind of like a salad that was excellent! The volcano roll was amazing!! The only thing was the waitress wasn't really suggestive or helpful knowing it was our first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fresh FishBHM104Dined on 5/19/2014When you go to a sushi restaurant, you expect the fish to be as fresh as they can get it and you expect a good variety...Kotta Sushi Lounge delivers both. Their sushi chef, Kenny, has a flair for presentation (something the Japanese culture puts high on their list) so we had to take photos of all the sushi delivered to our table. There are alot of sushi places in town but this is one of the better ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kotta ExperiencecocoaDined on 5/9/2014The food was excellent and a great variety of sushi dishes. The service was prompt and very knowledgeable. I would go there again and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignored reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014We made reservations, and could not be seated. After watching other people getting tables, we pushed 3 hi-tops in the bar together. All 8 of us had been looking forward to a comfortable, enjoyable dinner. That did not happen. I was especially disappointed after receiving 2 email confirmations for the reservation.
- Great sushi, classy restaurantkaenhuDined on 2/15/2014Make sure you have reservations if you plan on coming here after 5P on a Saturday. This wasn't mentioned on the restaurant website but I made reservations anyway and was so glad I did. The manager/owner was walking around the restaurant and informed us that they don't take any walk-ins at all after 5P on Saturdays. This may apply to other nights too, I was only there on Saturday. Anyway--I ate only sushi and it was all delicious. Everything was well done and fresh. My friend had the garden noodles with chicken and I sampled some of hers and it was wonderful. All in all I'd go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local sushiJBinTXDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I frequent regularly and have only had one mediocre experience. Every other has been great sushi and drinks. Went recently for valentine's day (Saturday) and everything was great. Only complaint was a pair of kids at another table who kept kicking the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We have been several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day SpecialSkipDined on 2/14/2014Outstanding Service, knowledgeable staff on the sushi and fantastic food!!Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphereNickDined on 2/8/2014Have been to Kotta several times. While a neighborhood location it rivals any of its larger competitors in this space. The food was extremely fresh, great presentation and terrific menu options. It is small-ish and intimate. Great place - can't miss.
- Favorite sushi place hands downelyssa09Dined on 2/7/2014Kotta is awesome everytime we go! Last time we sat at the Sushi Bar and watched the Chefs make the delicious Crunch roll & Samurai roll. Their fried rice is literally the best i've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not equipped for reservationsprodinerVIPDined on 2/1/2014The food is good but don't bother making a reservation because they do not honor them. We always make reservations but end up waiting and due to the lack of space you can't even enjoy the bar while you wait.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Hidden GemRenabeeDined on 2/1/2014I went to Kotta on a Sunday afternoon....it was quiet, classy and somewhere I knew I wanted to return to. Wow....totally different experience on Saturday night at 7pm. I guess that's anywhere now, but Kotta was especially noisy. Maybe some sound muffling on the walls would help, but no one in our party could even hear each other. It was miserable. Also, the table/booth combos are wayyy to close for comfort. I felt at any time the stranger next to me could reach over and grab my sushi roll. It was unsettling. Other than that, the food is great. The spring roll dipping sauce was new and different and I'm going to try to copy it at home. I'll be back but never on Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Best Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We were promptly seated upon arrival and greeted by our waitress. She suggested a few rolls for us to try and she did not steer us wrong. I ordered the Mardi Gras Roll and my husband had the Nacho Roll. We were both impressed with the quality and the taste...it was delicious. We have tried sushi all over the Frisco area and this is our favorite by far. We could not have asked for a more attentive waitress, she exceeded our expectations. The manager even stopped by to see how we enjoyed our dinner. Whenever we go out for sushi...you can bet, this is the place we will go. If Julia is working....ask to sit in her section....she is the BEST!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacebpvetteDined on 1/31/2014I have been here several times. The service has always been very good. I had made a reservation so we were seated immediately. The sushi is really good for Americanized sushi although I prefer traditional sushi a little better. Regardless you should experience a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okCharbelVIPDined on 1/16/2014Hello The food was good. Service was slow. did not fill the glasses quickly. Order was slow to come to the table and there was an error on the bill that they fixed. the waiter would forget about us and come every once in a while. I expected better service.Special Features:
- Love the food, always amazing.SmartPakerLissaVIPDined on 1/10/2014Love the food, always amazing. Out waiter took forever to get our order, never asked us if it was good when it came out & we were eating. And she wasn't the friendliest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par sushiLive2eatVIPDined on 1/9/2014Sushi is underwhelming at Kotta. Most rolls I've tried lack the flavor I'm accustomed to. Menu items, however, are outstanding . The asian beef slaw app is fantastic. I definitely will return but hoping they get their act together on the sushi rollsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spot.emcoll89Dined on 12/31/2013We ate here for New Year's Eve and fell in love with the Nacho Roll. Our waitress was very helpful and suggested some great rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off menuFullplategirlDined on 12/28/2013They have several off menu items to try, just ask the waiter if you can't decide. This is one of my favorite sushi places in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious in a lovely placeJMorenoVIPDined on 12/28/2013Fresh and tasty ingredients perfectly cooked and with innovative combinations make Kotta an out-of-ordinary sushi. Nice place and the service is very friendly, helpful and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.