Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
5594 W. Wildhorse Pass Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildhorsepass.com/
- Phone: (602) 225-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am (Sunday buffet until 1:30pm); Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Michael O'Dowd
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gila Room - 14-20 guests Center Room - 20-30 guests Mesa Room - 8-10 guests
- Private Party Contact: Rosina Dee 6023855726
A word from Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
Ko'Sin features desert bistro cusine with a Native American flair. Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner Ko'sin, meaning 'kitchen' in the Pima language, delights guests with delectable dishes amid stunning views of the Sierra Estrella Mountain Range.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012Excellent food and service from the same people responsible for Kai. Nice balance of ingredients for entrees, with serving sizes being filling, but manageable enough to enjoy one of their excellent desserts and/or appetizers.Special Features:
- I've only had breakfast/brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012I've only had breakfast/brunch at Ko'sin but they have always had great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Scallops are very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Scallops are very good and the chef's inspiration mushroom raviloi with shredded pork was quite rich but deliciousSpecial Features:
- We were disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/7/2012We were disappointed with both the food and service. The portions were large but the quality of the food was below standard. The service was slow and we experienced long period between visits to the table by the server. It took quite a while to obtain the check after requested.
- Skip the breakfast buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/2/2012I had both breakfast and dinner here. I rated the dinner experience in another review, but the breakfast experience wasn't great. Not awful. Just not great. The breakfast buffet isn't really worth $20, but then I'm not a great fan of buffets in general. I'd suggest ordering off the menu instead.
- I can't really say anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/1/2012I can't really say anything negative about this restaurant except that it wasn't outstanding. For such a nice hotel and resort, I expected a little more. The black bean hummus was a "take it or leave it" sort of thing. My scallops were very good, except that there were only 3 of them, med. sized. For the price, I would hope for at least 4, or that the entree would have come with a salad. They were good...just not great. The service was excellent.
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2012I really enjoyed the jalepeno-kicked hummus with crisp crackers that were complimentary to the table- a nice getaway from a loaf of heavy bread. My crab cakes were just ok, as I could taste the oil they were fried in. The caper remoulade was boring. My husbands' hanger steak was good also, but he is not a fan of spinach. He should have requested a substitute, which I'm sure they could've accomodated. Wine selection is good. It is difficult parking and walking up steps and we had lots of stairs to climb once inside the resort. It is a beautiful place and next time we will be there early enough to take it all in, before the sun sets.
- Bring Your Own Spoons!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012We had a nice time and a decent meal for the price. The ambience and decor are impeccable. However, we were seated on the patio under a tree and below a light that shined in your eyes. The music by the pool was loud and not dinner appropriate. My husband had to use his fork to eat his soup for 10 minutes before someone brought him a spoon, and we weren't given serving spoons for the appetizers. The wait staff was very friendly, but they dropped the ball. Also, my sirloin steak was covered with enough bleu cheese to choke an elephant, but the steak was delish! I would've scored this place much higher based on location and the quality of my dinner. We'll give them a second chance. It's a beautiful place.Special Features:
- Ok, that's about it.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012We were there to celebrate my wife's birthday and although things were nice we were not overly impressed. Our server seemed side tracked and was not very attentive and seemed more concerned about talking with other staff and staying outside than he was with offering service to us.Special Features:
- I'm more than impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012I'm more than impressed with Ko'Sin. A friend and I dined outside at sunset and enjoyed the marvelous view. The crab/artichoke dip appetizer was top notch. The flavor of the crab was the star. Our entrees were divine. My friend had the gnocchi and couldn't stop complementing it. I had the salmon with polenta. The fish was cooked to perfection, and the accompanying broccolini was crunchy and flavorful. The polenta was good, but stood as the least special thing on the dish. The deserts were the star of the meal. It's obvious the chef has fun with preparation of these. And, you will be hard pressed to find their equal. We enjoyed the Guinness Twinkie and the Strawberry Moon-Pie plates and heartily recommend them.Special Features:
- Overall Ko'sin was good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Overall Ko'sin was good, the charcuterie board to start was great, i had the crab cakes and he the Hanger steak, both were fine but a little underwhelming. The lecation is very pretty and the staff could not be faulted.
- Wonderful!Excellent serve. Brandon!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2012We dined here 3 different times this week while we were on Fall Break. Every single meal was delicious! Brandon was our server and he was fun, energetic, and helpful. The charcuterie tray was delicious, the gnocchi was the best I have ever had. My husband and sons had the most beautiful steaks I've ever seen. I loved this place. 2 things fell short; the tables need to be wiped down after each guest more thoroughly and my bolognese sauce was very dry on one of the evenings. I am not one to complain, but decided to do so to Brandon and without asking, he brought me extra sauce, and discounted my meal. We also ate at the Sunday Breakfast buffet and loved it! I can't tell you how wonderful this restaurant is.Special Features:
- Our service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012Our service was outstanding and food was very good. There was not a huge variety but everyone found something to their liking.
- The restaurant look lovelylv2eatVIPDined on 9/22/2012The restaurant look lovely but it has many flaws in execution - the chairs are uncomfortable, the silverware hard to use for someone w/ arthritis, the plates too small for some dishes. The cheese bisque and shrimp cocktail were terrific and the salmon was outstanding, but some of the gnocchi was burned as was the creme brulee. After telling our server my cosmo was undrinkable he removed it from my bill along w/ our coffees. Interesting note - no bartender on a busy Sat night. Poor choice by manager. Service was spotty - the 2 cocktails arrived at different times, pepper mill was empty, no one asked if we wanted coffee refill, server had NO idea what wine we'd ordered. Not the level of expertise in either chefs or wait staff as Kai.
- We went for restaurant week22tangoDined on 9/16/2012We went for restaurant week and expected to be served small plates but were wrong. The portions were substantial and the food excellent. They started us with complimentary black bean hummus and flat bread which was fresh and homemade tasting. My husband had the lamb shank which was huge and fall off the bone delicious. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection. We had a table by the window so the view was lovely before the sun went down. The restaurant itself is nothing special if you don't have a view. My only complaint is the parking. If you are not a hotel guest and don't want to to through valet the self parking is very tricky. You park around the back and it's confusing how to find the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food. We wil beOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012Excellent food. We wil be returning. Our family tried Kosin for resturant week and really enjoyed the menu selections.Special Features:
- We went for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2012We went for our anniversary and were treated extra special. Our waiter Jose was incredible. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.Special Features:
- Mid-week anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012Tried to get to Kai, but they are closed for the month. Wanted a scenic view for sunset over the mountains to celebrate our anniversay. So Ko'Sin was the next best option. The food was great, we ordered the Artichoke and Spinach Dip, my wife did not like the Pima Flatbread and commented that we should have asked for other breads. However our first bread basket was more of the same in the way of thin pourd hard pretzel flatbred. Our spinach salad was great and for the main course Gnocchi was excellent and my Peppercorn encrusted filet mignon was very nice. Medium rare prepared perfectly. Ko'Sin completed the evening with a complementary raspberry champagne to help us celebrate. We had a nice time. I hoped for better scenery,chairs not comfySpecial Features:
- Met for breakfast prior toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2012Met for breakfast prior to "girls day" at the spa- a great beginning to our day!Very generous portions. The fruit bowl was large enough to share as well as the omelette and fritatta. Coffee was good also! Salsa should automatically come out with these dishes. I had to wait at least 5-10 minutes for my salsa. The view and ambiance is very nice. Service was average but it appeared that there was not enough wait staff to handle the amount of business.Special Features:
- The food was great. So wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2012The food was great. So was the service. Originally, though, I wanted a 7pm reservation, but according to Open Table, none were available. My choices were either before 6:15 or after 9pm. I took 6:15 for our party of four. This is the resort's quiet season (August), and there were plenty of open tables, at least four or five that could have accomodated us at 7pm. We probably would have been better off just showing up without a reservation.Special Features:
- The only complaint I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012The only complaint I have is with the booking service. I originally requested an earlier time but it was refused as no reservations were available. I accepted the later time but on arrival at the restaurant found only one other table occupied. The restaurant had many available tables indoor and out.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, simple butRickVIPDined on 7/3/2012Great restaurant, simple but elegant decor, view to the mountains to the west. Great menu, steak, pork, lamb, seafood and sides to complement. Nice wine list too. Service excellent, waiter knew menu well, answered our menu selection questions and recommended meal choices. Definitely will return when in the area.Special Features:
- We have dined at Ko'sin onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2012We have dined at Ko'sin on several occasions. The resort is beautiful and is always a peaceful place. Our servers are usually excellent and Chloe at the front reception one evening was especially engaging! This past Tuesday morning we had a little trouble with the food. The egg white/spinach omelet was bland; could have used some salsa or a bit more of "something" and the frittata was covered with a layer of goopy yellow cheese. The rest of the flavors were fine. I LOVE cheese - but I would use less or maybe a different type on the frittata. We didn't say anything to our server as it wasn't terrible and could certainly be interpretation. Prices seemed a bit high - but we will still return.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Wonderful service, amazing food. Been here for lunch and dinner whenever while staying at the resort.Special Features:
- We were impressed with thismindeeDined on 6/29/2012We were impressed with this restaurant. The staff was unusually attentive and professional. The food was just wonderful.Special Features:
- The staff and food are bothOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2012The staff and food are both excellent! I just wished that they had better "family friendly" prices since the hotel is trying to attract families as evidenced by all of their pools! Their menu is not varied enough and the prices are too steep for families even with the "kids eat free program"!Special Features:
- it was a great place withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012it was a great place with great food, but there was NO ONE there! we were 1 of only 2 dining parties on a Saturday evening. it was a bit strange that way, as you would assume a full dining room with the resort there. Otherwise it was great!Special Features:
- Ko'sin hits all the buttons...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012Ko'sin proved that it is a worthy option to the famous Kai restaurant at the same property, and at about 1/2 the price! My wife & I each had a wonderful endive & arugula salad with candied walnuts and goat cheese. I couldn't stop until my plate was clean. For entrees, my wife had 2 of the lightest crab cakes she'd ever tasted. I had the scallops and they were outstanding, both in presentation & taste (again, my plate ended up clean). We both had creme brulee, and it was a fine finish to an exceptional meal.Special Features:
- ac and abOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012I really enjoy Wild Horse Pass Resort and their offerings (ie, Kai, Ko'Sin and Aji Spa). I have not been disappointed. The food at Ko'Sin was very good with great service. I highly recommend the New York strip plate. It was cooked to perfection and very flavorful with a nice outer sear and wonderful gorgonzola cheese topping. All staff was kind and courteous - a nice touch these days. I will be back.Special Features:
- Very good...this place isBtuffDined on 6/8/2012Very good...this place is sorta like Kai, but not as expensive.Special Features:
- Off night maybesparklenailsDined on 6/8/2012Both our meals were overcooked, a dry chicken breast and a pork porterhouse and both our sides were undercooked resulting in hard and or crunchy potatoes for our meals.The sauce in my side dish was very thick and had a circle of melted butter around it. Our waiter checked on us after we finished. He asked how it was we told him OK because we were about to see a show and the food was mostly edible. I am certain it was an off night and maybe they were training a new cook because of all the great reviews I guess that can happen anywhere.Special Features:
- Excellent FooddaniVIPDined on 5/20/2012Great food, creative, healthy, good product used throughout. Good kids menu but not a kids type of restaurant but due to the hotel they have the all day kids options. Went there for dinner and was blown away! A bit pricey but not as pricey as other restaurants of this caliber. The place is kind of small so if it is a special occasion make reservations.Special Features:
- My wife and i were a bit disappointcentralcoastfoodieDined on 5/5/2012My wife and i were a bit disappointed that Ko'sin was not quite able to meet our expectations for a romantic anniversary dinner. While there are not a lot of fine dining places in the East Valley, we have found restaurants that are roughly in the same price range, but have been able to deliver a better overall experience (Cork comes to mind, as does Roy's and Tomasos) than we had at Ko'sin. The food was OK, but not great, the selections were more limited than we'd expected and the server was clearly new and somewhat unsure, but did not seem to get any mgmt support. Kai is probably a much better option, but the prices are just too high for us. We like the resort, but will probably opt for dinner somewhere else for that special occasion.
- A wonderful meal...particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2012A wonderful meal...particularly the onion soup was the best I've had!Special Features:
- We were really looking forwardPennimVIPDined on 4/28/2012We were really looking forward to dining here, but overall it was disappointing. Our waiter was efficient, but kind of uncomfortable; like he was reading out of an employee handbook. My husband's short ribs were good, but my crab cakes and accompanying remoulade sauce were too salty.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012Unfortunately, we came here to celebrate my 50th birthday. We had celebrated our anniversary in January and could not have been more pleased. HUGE mistake for my 50th! It was LOUD, NO FLUTE MUSIC, CRAZY BUSY, SERVICE TERRIBLE~ NEVER CHECKED BACK WITH US TO SEE IF OUR FOOD WAS OKAY. MY FILET WAS WELL-DONE WHEN I ORDERED IT MED-WELL WITH PINK IN THE MIDDLE. AND MY POTATO'S COLD AND LUMPY, HARD TRULY. I was not wished a Happy Birthday by our waiter nor was I even acknowledged for it being my birthday. My husband was crushed for he was trying to make this a truly exceptional experience for my Big 50!!!The waiter took the $200 we gave him and gave us change. We tipped him $25~even though bad service. Need more space to state embarrassment!!!Special Features:
- We went for an early dinnerTrillDined on 4/14/2012We went for an early dinner so very quite at first, but things picked up by the time we left. Christopher was an outstanding waiter-great suggestions, very kind, good timing. The drinks were lovely the and ordered meals..three different steaks all cooked to desired temp. and scallops were very good.Special Features:
- We have eaten there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012We have eaten there many times and have always had a wonderful experience. The food was very good, this time the only thing lacking was the service, was a little less than attentive. A very nice waiter but not on the ball for keeping the wine glasses filled and beer flowing.Special Features:
- Beautiful place with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012Beautiful place with excellent food and terrific service. Though billed as the "casual" restaurant on property, it was not just the hotel coffee shop. Far from it. Service is in keeping with a high caliber fine-dining place, and the food was very good. It probably doesn't rival it's higher end sister restaurant on-site, but it was well worth visiting. We'll return.Special Features:
- Our waiter was especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/6/2012Our waiter was especially great. He was attentive but not annoying and he made great suggestions. We were really happy when he said he could split the two entrees we wanted to order so that we could share. We were very impressed with him!Special Features: