Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
5594 W. Wildhorse Pass Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildhorsepass.com/
- Phone: (602) 225-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am (Sunday buffet until 1:30pm); Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Michael O'Dowd
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gila Room - 14-20 guests Center Room - 20-30 guests Mesa Room - 8-10 guests
- Private Party Contact: Rosina Dee 6023855726
A word from Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
Ko'Sin features desert bistro cusine with a Native American flair. Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner Ko'sin, meaning 'kitchen' in the Pima language, delights guests with delectable dishes amid stunning views of the Sierra Estrella Mountain Range.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (10)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Changed since last visitgrayingdinerDined on 10/23/2014We have been here many times and often bring out-of-town guests for the wonderful views and beautifully presented food. I liked the fish tacos which are no longer on the menu so settled for sea bass which was somewhat dry and not very flavorful. The lavash which was served to all is now only available as a separate appetizer. That's too bad but was probably a financial consideration. The new dining room is attractive and we did not have the noise problem mentioned by some other reviewers. I don't think I will be back for some time. We tried to have a before dinner drink outside but never had any waitstafff arrive even though we were told someone would be coming right away.Special Features:
- Ko Sin disappointmenLisagirlDined on 10/17/2014We were disappointed this time by the new layout of the restaurant.......open room now instead of some barrier walls for more intimate dining.....so loud, could not ever hear the American Indian flute music, just lots of people talking loudly over each other. We asked for a table by a window for out of town guests. We were taken to a large room where there was a table with at least thirty 8 year old girls having a birthday party. Umm, no. Table changed, room changed so we were with grownups.....also too loud. Service very slow at first, 10 minutes to get water. Once started, our waiter was superb. Overall disappointing experience for guests who were looking for a great one.Special Features:
- Easy GoingdesertdiningDined on 9/19/2014The lay out of the dining room is nice and the service people and waiters are very outgoing and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menunjfranVIPDined on 9/15/2014Was anxious to try the restaurant since I heard great things about the resort and its premier restaurant Kai so we figured the quality at Ko'sin would be worth trying. Ko'sin appetizers selection was good and we chose the pork wings and the cheese plate. The short rib was substantial and so was the hamburger. Overall food quality was very good but the actual location lacked atmosphere and the menu was limited.Special Features:
- Nothing notableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The light above our table flickered which was distracting. The fry bread breakfast I saw on-line that made me think this would be a good place to try, had been removed from the menu. I had the eggs benedict with a chili sauce which was good - potatoes were a little under-cooked. My companion had the hash which he said was like separate ingredients thrown together that hadn't had time to meld into a cohesive dish. Service was adequate. The only reason I would eat here again is if I was staying on property and didn't want to have to drive for breakfast.
- Great AmbianceRestaurantCollectorDined on 9/6/2014Have been there before, as well as to Koi, the signature restaurant at the resort. Ko Sin is very relaxing--quiet music, a view of the adjacent Aji Spa, and nicely decorated. Have never had a complaint about food or service. The food is obviously prepared by a knowledgeable chef, and is nicely presented. Cocktails were done very well. Only complaint was the noisy kids at the adjacent table, but they left shortly after we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in constructionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014they are temporarily remodeling their dining room and meals are served in the lobby of the hotel. This was not very peaceful. However, I love the food and the wing appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014we stayed here 3 weeks ago and returned, again dined at ko'sin. ko'sin means 'kitchen' in pima indian / native american. i had the filet again, it was superb. paired with a fantastic red zin. great service.Special Features:
- The following 271 reviews are from the Ko'sin Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We had a very nice brunch with out of town guests. Both the service and food was very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedLisagirlDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants...We took a friend for her birthday dinner, and were greeted by a waiter who announced he had a large party coming in soon, so we should order before they got there because he was going to be busy. Then we asked for the music to be turned on, as it was painfully quiet and we are used to the Indian flute in the background. To this request he responded by saying the music was controlled in the banquet room and the already mentioned large party had different music playing, so we were out of luck. Then we ordered a bottle of white wine and he brought it, poured both glasses on the opposite side of the table, leaving the glasses there for us to reach over and get, and never brought an ice bucket. Horrid.
- great food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We stayed at the resort and had dinner here saturday night. excellent filet and wine. service was super. will be coming back august 2nd for more of the same!Special Features:
- Great serviceDaveVIPDined on 7/8/2014The tacos and apps are great. Service is alway perfessional and restrained. They let you enjoy the night but don't disappear like other places with the same price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and Service unitenatureandtheatrelover22Dined on 7/5/2014Ko'sin at the WHP Resort is LOVELY & not "complicated." We were seated in a quiet corner of a "naturally appointed" room. The room's center arrangement was a grouping of branches from a local bush, adorned with crystals. The high ceiling had 3 long beams across it - giving the sensation of sitting in a place of nature. The overall environment was peaceful & the noise level, even as the room began to fill, was moderate. Our server was intelligent, attentive, & knowledgeable about the food & the "lore" that went with the recipes. Prices were reasonable. My husband ordered the pork ribs which he found delicious. The "house" black bean humus & lavash were unique & delightful. We enjoyed our dining experience & would return again!Special Features:
- Service was outstandingSadeeDined on 7/3/2014A wee bit pricey considering the food received. Seating was not spread out, which was probably the result of staffing needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but pricey foodLuxorDined on 6/28/2014We had an enjoyable meal. The restaurant is a nice place to go when you want to feel like you went somewhere out of town, yet it is just south of our home in Ahwatukee. The food is inspired by Native American touches, but quite honestly, without having a Groupon, it's a bit pricey and the menu used to be better when it had some touches from the other restaurant above, Kai.Special Features:
- Nice after spa dinnerLEDmavnVIPDined on 6/24/2014Nice for after spa or golf. quiet, comfortable environment. Oh, and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu short on executionLocalfoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Loved the way the menu read but thought the food delivered fell short. Hummus and pita was very nice start. Salad was large and tasty. The native American flatbread entree was a small open faced tostada for $14 very disappointing. Salmon was over cooked. Portion small. $140 for two a bit steep for what we got. Brunch was a better deal but for a none meat eater $20 for a vege omelet and fruit was a bit high. My husband got his monies worth though with bacon sausage biscuits and gravy and omelet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Wonderful food for much less than Kai. Really enjoyed the Pork Wings and Short Rib. Our service from Kyle was fantastic-- and we were delighted to speak with Patrick, the manager. Great guys-- they made our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodDineoutoftenDined on 6/12/2014I had short ribs. The meat was very tender and tasty. The server was friendly and the service was efficient. Excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We should dine here more often!JeneatsworldVIPDined on 6/7/2014At first glance the menu at Ko'Sin seemed pretty basic and I was having a hard time getting excited about anything. But then I tasted my entree and it was fantastic! There may be some of the same menu items you see most everywhere else (burger,ribs,chicken,salmon...) but they do not taste like this. My salmon was impeccable, very flavorful, crispy on the outside and not over cooked. Even the side items have something special done with them. Do not underestimate this menu. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Incredible food!teppanfanDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I had great service and the food was amazing. I didn't even go extremely fancy and just ordered the burger which was so tasty. Well worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time at Ko'sinDisappointedDined on 6/6/2014This was our 2nd time visiting Ko'sin and it was a disappointment compared to the first time. The difference was time of year, first time was high season, 2nd in the summer. Shouldn't be that much difference in food quality and service especially when the price was the same. We will probably not be returning for a 3rd try.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014The place was nice, but not much of a view considering the setting. One of us looked at a wall while the other's view was of the tables. The service was great - attentive, but not in your face. We both order the filet which was done to perfection! Nice wine selection by the glass.Special Features:
- Dinner at Ko'sinputtermomDined on 5/31/2014It was a little strange at first, sitting in a small dining area, but the view was lovely. The appetizer was the best thing we had: buffalo chili; in fact, I said I would come back for lunch just for that! We ordered the lamb chop, which was large and good with a nice flavor, but just good...not great, and a bit pricey. We also had the mahi taco, which had good flavor and they were very generous with the goat cheese on the tortillas. For dessert we shared monkey bread and vanilla ice cream; the ice cream was great, but the monkey bread was a bit dry and very disappointing.Special Features:
- what happened?RecommendDined on 5/25/2014Over the years we have enjoyed the resort for a quiet brunch/breakfast. This visit the service was bad.....from the initial seating....no water ...3 of 4 received drinks.....follow up refills had to be requested.....food was served reaching across guests.......check was presented halfway through the service.......plates were never cleared.......WOW!Special Features:
- Great hamburgersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Food very good and the bean and humus treat from the restaurant is great.Special Features:
- Special venueatealotDined on 5/11/2014We only use this restaurant for special occasions, and when we have visiting guests. It is that kind of place. Food is great and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate restaurantoliveDined on 5/10/2014Small menu, a bit expensive but the food is OK. Order the hamburger medium rare because we found the chef cooks them well done when asked for medium. The fish taco was to salty for my taste and for the people that I was with. The salads were very large ... enough to be considered a meal. The dessert ... chocolate cake was very large and like eating chocolate fudge. It should have come with vanilla ice cream but you will be charged extra for it. All in all I'd go back for the burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strawberry shortcakebananasDined on 5/9/2014We were one of the first customers on a Friday night we wanted a later reservation for dinner were towed that Friday night reservations were full. All customers herded into one room in the remaining rooms were empty. The steaks were tough the bananas Foster had no bananas. The strawberry shortcake at a scoop of ice cream a biscuit and maybe one finely cut up strawberry. Not worth the price.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodSandyVIPDined on 5/5/2014This Sheraton hotel is a bit of a jaunt and off the beaten path but once found proved to be a lovely property. The dining room of Ko'sin is small, but quite nice. Service is good, but perhaps a little too eager. The food! Wonderful. The hummus that is offered in place of butter with their southwestern version of lavash is so tasty. One of the best Fish Taco preparations and presentations I've encountered and a very well prepared, super tender filet mignon was equally enjoyed by my husband. We had to try the butterscotch pudding with the crunchy chocolate cookies and were really glad we saved room! We will return!
- Good Food, Not AmazingHeatherDined on 4/12/2014Food wasn't bad - my friends and I enjoyed our time here, but it wasn't worth us going out of our way to go back. I definitely remembered my visit here, however.Special Features:
- Great setting for a quiet dinnerAspenJetterDined on 4/9/2014Though attached to a Sheraton hotel, you would never know it. The food and service were superb, and the total bill for two, with wine, came to $110. The view of mountains and desert were very nice and outside patio pleasant and comfortable. Imaginative Southwestern cuisine, from gourmet burgers, to street tacos to rib-eye steaks. I'll go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the nicest patio dining spotsEuropeanTasteDined on 4/5/2014Beautiful setting, fantastic views of South Mountain and the desert landscape. Great sunsets! A big drawback is the large Video Screen and loud soundtrack from movies playing 30 ft away in the pool's kids cornerSpecial Features:
- menu is dullIluvtoeatDined on 4/5/2014The selection is not large enough and it's a bit boring. Great setting but when I was there at 6:30 on Sat nite there were two tables taken besides mine. A group of 3 asked the hostess if reservations were required? She stated they are "highly recommended" and then watched them walk away. There were 3 tables taken!!! How crazy is that? Not managed well at all.Special Features:
- 15th AnniversaryKateDined on 4/3/2014What a great place to spend your anniversary, we have been coming to Ko'Sin and Kai for years. The food is always top notch, service is impeccable and the view is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday galhookedonhummusDined on 3/29/2014We enjoyed our evening. We will be back. I am thinking about a day right now. Thank you .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful evening!CmhtellingyouDined on 3/28/2014We had been here before, so when I saw the Groupon deal you can imagine how fast I jumped on that deal. Just like my first visit, EVERYTHING was awesome. The filet was one of the best I have ever had and I love the Indian infusing flare the menu and drink menu have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My eyes were larger than my stomachBtuffDined on 3/28/2014I wish I could have eaten more, but I was completely stuffed after my Fork Tender Short Ribs! They were AMAZING! The Black Bean Hummus that they bring out was probably one of the best I've ever had. To make that even better, they gave us the recipe so we can make it at home too! I also wanted to note that the service was just as excellent as upstairs at Kai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, alright serviceseasons52Dined on 3/23/2014Our salmon and carne asada tacos were very tasty - as was the black bean hummus they served at the beginning. However, I felt that the service was pretty subpar, and the ambience was a bit off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedstarwood12Dined on 3/15/2014Being a star wood employee and working in a star wood restaurant I had a certain expectation for service which was not met. Our server not only was shaky the entire time but he never came by and asked us how anything was going. He also never put in our appetizers and told us he just put the apps in when our dinner was already out. When i asked what he recommended on them menu he could not explain anything because he never tried it. Honestly, I was very disappointed with my dinner and will probably never come back.Special Features: