Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
10777 Northfield Rd
Northfield, OH 44067Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hrrocksinonorthfieldpark.com/
- Phone: 3309087619x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Satuday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm (Lounge Menu)
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
All guest must be over 21 years of age to enter the Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park and dine at Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Poplin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
Satisfy your senses in the casual elegance of Kosar’s Wood-Fired Grill. Take in all the sights as you're surrounded by authentic memorabilia from Cleveland’s favorite number 19, Bernie Kosar. Smell the aroma of our wood fired grill uniquely preparing your choice and Prime steaks, chops, and fresh seafood. Hang out in the Bar and experience some premium specialty drinks, a selection from our extensive wine list, or a nice cold beer while you watch the game. And, of course, your taste buds will be assured guaranteed win! Bernie! Bernie!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill - Best Restaurants in Northfield ›
Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
386 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (261)romantic (100)fit for foodies (91)hot spot (77)good for groups (66)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (50)late-night find (48)vibrant bar scene (46)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I have had better strip steaks at a fund raiser. The steak was of a poorer quality than a hash house for $29 a la carte. This was our anniversary and I was prepared to drop some money. We even ordered dessert and the salad bar. I like Bernie Kozar very much and I sure hope that only his name is associated with the restauraunt. I was thinking it would be like a Shula's or a sports steak house. Outback is even better.
- almost perfecteggcellentVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything was great but I ordered the signature prime rib - 10 oz size. The meat tasted quite good but most of the piece of prime rib was FAT which I discovered as I ate it. instead of taking this off of our bill, he gave us 1 complementary dessert. I will try the restaurant again but not the prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful. will be backButchieDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I had a feast! excellent! Service was exceptional. Same waitress we had on our first visit to Kosar's. Very friendly. Had a great time. Timing was perfect, enjoyed a very good performance by Bobby Vinton. The lobster tails were very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Such a great dinner to spend with a loved one, well worth the ride with horrible traffic to reach this destination.Special Features:
- all goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Very good, all steaks were cooked exactly to order. Salad bar was wonderful, server wasn't always interrupting, great timing, a little expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We went here for our anniversary not knowing what to expect. We were more than pleased. It was the best steak and scallops we ever ate. Our server was wonderful. Do not like the ala cart but the salad bar was good and well worth the extra $$. We will return again.Special Features:
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Prime rib special was excellent. As a special treat, Bernie Kosar happened to be in the restaurant that night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food and enjoyable!CaseyDined on 9/25/2014Best part of the evening--meeting Bernie Kosar! he was very gracious and took photos with our party...made our nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 19MikeshyDined on 9/24/2014We were seated at table #19, Bernie's table which is used for special occasions, this being my birthday. The salad bar is disappointing, not many choices for veggies. My wife and I both had the Prime Rib special. It is a good deal; salad bar, 8 Oz. Prime rib and a small dessert for $25.00. We also shared a baked sweet potato. It was huge. The prime rib was generous, but not as tasty as I expected. Overall it was a good, not great, meal. The dessert was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVERlovedkosarDined on 9/23/2014our server James was very personable and made our anniversary dinner very memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but Worth ItgoodeatsDined on 9/23/2014If you're looking for prime rib & shrimp cocktail, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Do ItUnhappy1Dined on 9/20/2014Ordered fish and it was over cooked. Sent back because time another order to arrive other person in party would be waiting. Didn't take off of bill but got a piece of cake (for my birthday) as a replacement to the fish. Had to wait for bread. Didn't get it until being served dinner. Service was poor (slow).
- SidescolagalDined on 9/20/2014The steak was great and a great portion. Was not impressed with the fact that all sides were extra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not return.Pip62Dined on 9/20/2014Ribeye steak was tough and had no flavor. Salad bar is not worth $15. Salad dressings were not good. Spent $73 on 1 steak a salad bar and 1 appetizer. Left still hungry since I ordered salad bar as entree but didnt even eat a third of whay I had on my plate.
- BigBernieFan19Dined on 9/19/2014there were 6 of us. Service was good but food was terrible. 3 of us had the prime rib and it was terribly smoked and did not come out hot. 2 other guests had the fish and it was overcooked. About the only one that really didnt complain was the vegetarian. He had the salad bar and he said it was adequate. When you are spending on the high end, you would expect much better food. Appetizers were so, so, had the tuna and also sausage - like i said, very so so.... I'm a big Bernie fan both professionally and personally - i would suggest that he try out the food, especially the prime rib - i think he would be extremely disappointed - i know we were...Almost $400 for 6 of us and we all felt that Outback Steakhouse was much much better
- Spunky1erDined on 9/19/2014Everything was good, except the idea of a salad bar in a fine dining restaurant was strange to me. The salad bar was great, but not a good fit for a white table clothed restaurant. Told the waitress I was trying a new wine on their menu, and she brought out a glass already poured. I expected the bottle to be corked at my table, and given the opportunity for a taste to be sure this is what I desired. Thank goodness the wine was palatable.Special Features:
- lakesideelaineDined on 9/16/2014Very pleasant dining experience. The waitress was exceptional along with the foodSpecial Features:
- Love the Prime Rib Special!!!greatwinetooDined on 9/15/2014You special is so awesome. A lot of food and prime rib was so tender melts in your mouth..loved the slight smokey flavor. Dessert also delicious. Waitress so friendly and good service. Will surely come back again soon.Special Features:
- froggyDined on 9/13/2014the pretzel bread sticks were great. loved the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food..Casino Priceselb1999Dined on 9/13/2014Because the restaurant is in a Casino don't expect a quiet, cozy romantic atmosphere. It is a casual environment that is tastefully decorated with memorabilia from Bernie Kosar's career. The service was very good and the food was very good. I thought it was over priced considering the casual environment, but that is to be expected with it being in a casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallOZ1153Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is very nice and has a comfortable atmosphere. The service was outstanding, never had to wait for drinks or anything we needed. It is a little pricey, but for special occasions who cares. My wife's filet mignon was fantastic, and the lobster Mac and cheese was great. I got the ribeye, and it was cooked perfectly. The only thing with the ribeye was it seemed to have a lot of fat which made it tougher than it should have been. Overall we liked the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksAlivingDined on 9/12/2014I took my fiancé here for his 32nd birthday. He loves prime rib and Kosars did not disappoint!! It had a nice atmosphere--maybe a little loud Bc it opens into the casino, but still pleasant with a nice view of the casino. Staff was pleasant and accommodating!! They even brought him a chocolate cake for his birthday free of charge. Prime rib was excellent, filet cooked as I ordered it. Mostly importly, we enjoyed ourselves. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade AOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Grade A! Only issue I found was the side dishes were to large and expensive for one entree. Split a side dish between two dinners would be more then enough. Overall I was very satisfied and will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got a reservation!GrampybruceDined on 9/12/2014We have been trying to dine at this restaurant since it opened. We booked a reservation on Open Table and were pleasantly surprised to get a reservation. The service was adequate. The waiter seemed distracted as if he had too many tables. He was, however, very pleasant. The food was excellent with the exception of the brussell sprouts, as they were very tough and laden with garlic. We waited some time for our entres and for our plates to be cleared. For the most part it was a good experience, but we do not like the tables so close that you are hearing each other's conversations. I would rate it a B-. May or may not return.Special Features:
- A great dinner get awayMeateaterDined on 9/11/2014We have been to Kosar's several times and each experience was good. Excellent steaks! We like the prime rib special, for $25.00 you get soup and salad bar, huge prime rib and desert, have never been disappointed. Atmosphere is very nice and you can make it a fun night with friends by visiting the casino.Special Features:
- 4 course dinnernettieDined on 9/11/2014Thought the 4 course dinner was good and priced great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific TreatGreggCDined on 9/9/2014Kosars was a terrific surprise, surrounded by the noise and energy of the Casino, this little Steakhouse, knows their Beef. I would definatly go again, surprisingly able to have a business meal, in spite of the casino noise.
- averagedavidDined on 9/6/2014Ordered a steak medium well .it was burnt n dry.didn't send it back just probably won't go back there.waiter was very nice.salad bar looked like its been out for awhile.it was 9:00 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodILOVEBERNIEDined on 9/6/2014The experience was wonderful as soon as we entered the restaurant. From the fire place, to the bar area it had a classy feel and our service was great. I would've liked a few more selections on the menu but I had the scallops and they were delightful.Special Features:
- Salad BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I think there should be more or a selection at the salad barSpecial Features:
- Kosar's fumbleCeasarDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is very nicely decorated, they should have spent the money for a clock for the chef. It took 1 hour and 30 minutes to receive our food, and the kitchen must have been out of spices, very bland. The next time I visit the Rocksino, dinning will be at the buffet, sorry Bernie.Special Features:
- Horrible Service & ManagementCasinoAlDined on 9/6/2014From the second we arrived the issues began. The hostess station was confused and having issues seating customers with reservations. After a few second wait, we were seated. We had 2 hours until the concert was going to start. Drinks were ordered and came, food was ordered. I infomred the waitress we were going to the concert and she said she would put our food order in right away. 1 hour & 25 minutes later our fodd had still not arrived. I requested the manager and while the waitress was getting her, our food finally arrived. My wife's filet mignon was cold, not warm, COLD. Manager Nikki came over and after interrupting us to tell us we were the only ones with issues offerred to take the steak off the bill. UNACCEPTABLE - poor management
- Odd layoutValentineDined on 9/6/2014The food and service were excellent, however my wife and I were in a booth capable of seating six people and it only had access on one side. Too big for two people and not practical for a group when both ends of the booth don't provide access (particularly since there is a salad bar. None of the booths were really made for two people, so they were not what one would call "romatic seating". The service was great and the food was attractive as well as tasty. A big plus for us was that the beverages were frequently filled without us asking for refills. Since it was my wife's birthday, a dessert choice was offered to her by the restaurant. That was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Loved It!MIXTERDined on 9/6/2014We came here for my Birthday dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. The only detractor if you are on a budget is the sides and salads are all a la cart. The salad bar looks awesome and you can get that all by itself as an all you can eat. The open flame wood fired grill is very cool to see. I had the filet which was perfect however my husband got the flank steak and was a bit dissappointed. We each ordered a side, mushrooms and sauteed spinach which were delicious. We were seated immediately and greeted by Mark, our waiter who was attentive and thoughtful. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealLovechicagoDined on 9/6/2014Our meal was very good the grilled smokey flavor was fantastic. Will be back. Our waitress was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great locationEdthePoleDined on 9/5/2014Great place to dine prior to a concert. Food is very good and the portions are about right.Special Features:
- Definite Rocksino diningNYCvisitVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our server, Tricia, started our dining experience off on a very positive note with her friendly and enthusiastic greeting and attentive service all the while tracking our time so we could make an 8pm concert. Our meal started off with the salad bar with its unique daily offerings including the soup du jour, a great chicken corn chowder. Our steak selections and fish of the day were prepared exactly in accordance with our requests. We accompanied our dinner with sides of grilled Brusssel sprouts with bacon and some fantastic lobster mac and cheese. Two sides were plentiful for sharing at our table of four. Our meals were all of high quality and of comparable value to a fine steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table layoutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Had a great evening,overall everything was fine..I would only say that some of the tables are too close to the next table,makes conversation a little awkward..most restaurants are like that,due to square footage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We waited a long time for our meals to arrive, then we had to ASK for the check. 45 MINUTES. That's how long it took for the waitress and the manager to figure it out and come back to us. 45 minutes after the meal was over, waiting. We were celebrating our anniversary and mom birthday. It was not a good experience. The food was great. The service was terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Ordered filet. ordered medium rare came out med to well , Did not send back Husband does not believe you should do that. Noise level high for fine dining. Drinks were expensive. I think overall cost was expensive. Tip should also be able to take out of comp funds.