Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
10777 Northfield Rd
Northfield, OH 44067Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hrrocksinonorthfieldpark.com/
- Phone: 3309087619x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Satuday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm (Lounge Menu)
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
All guest must be over 21 years of age to enter the Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park and dine at Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Poplin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill
Satisfy your senses in the casual elegance of Kosar’s Wood-Fired Grill. Take in all the sights as you're surrounded by authentic memorabilia from Cleveland’s favorite number 19, Bernie Kosar. Smell the aroma of our wood fired grill uniquely preparing your choice and Prime steaks, chops, and fresh seafood. Hang out in the Bar and experience some premium specialty drinks, a selection from our extensive wine list, or a nice cold beer while you watch the game. And, of course, your taste buds will be assured guaranteed win! Bernie! Bernie!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill - Best Restaurants in Northfield ›
Kosar's Wood-Fired Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
385 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (263)fit for foodies (92)romantic (92)hot spot (82)good for groups (71)late-night find (54)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (51)vibrant bar scene (46)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Very pleasant dining experience. The waitress was exceptional along with the foodSpecial Features:
- Love the Prime Rib Special!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014You special is so awesome. A lot of food and prime rib was so tender melts in your mouth..loved the slight smokey flavor. Dessert also delicious. Waitress so friendly and good service. Will surely come back again soon.Special Features:
- froggyDined on 9/13/2014the pretzel bread sticks were great. loved the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food..Casino Priceselb1999Dined on 9/13/2014Because the restaurant is in a Casino don't expect a quiet, cozy romantic atmosphere. It is a casual environment that is tastefully decorated with memorabilia from Bernie Kosar's career. The service was very good and the food was very good. I thought it was over priced considering the casual environment, but that is to be expected with it being in a casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallOZ1153Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is very nice and has a comfortable atmosphere. The service was outstanding, never had to wait for drinks or anything we needed. It is a little pricey, but for special occasions who cares. My wife's filet mignon was fantastic, and the lobster Mac and cheese was great. I got the ribeye, and it was cooked perfectly. The only thing with the ribeye was it seemed to have a lot of fat which made it tougher than it should have been. Overall we liked the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksAlivingDined on 9/12/2014I took my fiancé here for his 32nd birthday. He loves prime rib and Kosars did not disappoint!! It had a nice atmosphere--maybe a little loud Bc it opens into the casino, but still pleasant with a nice view of the casino. Staff was pleasant and accommodating!! They even brought him a chocolate cake for his birthday free of charge. Prime rib was excellent, filet cooked as I ordered it. Mostly importly, we enjoyed ourselves. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade AOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Grade A! Only issue I found was the side dishes were to large and expensive for one entree. Split a side dish between two dinners would be more then enough. Overall I was very satisfied and will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got a reservation!GrampybruceDined on 9/12/2014We have been trying to dine at this restaurant since it opened. We booked a reservation on Open Table and were pleasantly surprised to get a reservation. The service was adequate. The waiter seemed distracted as if he had too many tables. He was, however, very pleasant. The food was excellent with the exception of the brussell sprouts, as they were very tough and laden with garlic. We waited some time for our entres and for our plates to be cleared. For the most part it was a good experience, but we do not like the tables so close that you are hearing each other's conversations. I would rate it a B-. May or may not return.Special Features:
- A great dinner get awayMeateaterDined on 9/11/2014We have been to Kosar's several times and each experience was good. Excellent steaks! We like the prime rib special, for $25.00 you get soup and salad bar, huge prime rib and desert, have never been disappointed. Atmosphere is very nice and you can make it a fun night with friends by visiting the casino.Special Features:
- 4 course dinnernettieDined on 9/11/2014Thought the 4 course dinner was good and priced great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific TreatGreggCDined on 9/9/2014Kosars was a terrific surprise, surrounded by the noise and energy of the Casino, this little Steakhouse, knows their Beef. I would definatly go again, surprisingly able to have a business meal, in spite of the casino noise.
- averagedavidDined on 9/6/2014Ordered a steak medium well .it was burnt n dry.didn't send it back just probably won't go back there.waiter was very nice.salad bar looked like its been out for awhile.it was 9:00 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodILOVEBERNIEDined on 9/6/2014The experience was wonderful as soon as we entered the restaurant. From the fire place, to the bar area it had a classy feel and our service was great. I would've liked a few more selections on the menu but I had the scallops and they were delightful.Special Features:
- Salad BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I think there should be more or a selection at the salad barSpecial Features:
- Kosar's fumbleCeasarDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is very nicely decorated, they should have spent the money for a clock for the chef. It took 1 hour and 30 minutes to receive our food, and the kitchen must have been out of spices, very bland. The next time I visit the Rocksino, dinning will be at the buffet, sorry Bernie.Special Features:
- Horrible Service & ManagementCasinoAlDined on 9/6/2014From the second we arrived the issues began. The hostess station was confused and having issues seating customers with reservations. After a few second wait, we were seated. We had 2 hours until the concert was going to start. Drinks were ordered and came, food was ordered. I infomred the waitress we were going to the concert and she said she would put our food order in right away. 1 hour & 25 minutes later our fodd had still not arrived. I requested the manager and while the waitress was getting her, our food finally arrived. My wife's filet mignon was cold, not warm, COLD. Manager Nikki came over and after interrupting us to tell us we were the only ones with issues offerred to take the steak off the bill. UNACCEPTABLE - poor management
- Odd layoutValentineDined on 9/6/2014The food and service were excellent, however my wife and I were in a booth capable of seating six people and it only had access on one side. Too big for two people and not practical for a group when both ends of the booth don't provide access (particularly since there is a salad bar. None of the booths were really made for two people, so they were not what one would call "romatic seating". The service was great and the food was attractive as well as tasty. A big plus for us was that the beverages were frequently filled without us asking for refills. Since it was my wife's birthday, a dessert choice was offered to her by the restaurant. That was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Loved It!MIXTERDined on 9/6/2014We came here for my Birthday dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. The only detractor if you are on a budget is the sides and salads are all a la cart. The salad bar looks awesome and you can get that all by itself as an all you can eat. The open flame wood fired grill is very cool to see. I had the filet which was perfect however my husband got the flank steak and was a bit dissappointed. We each ordered a side, mushrooms and sauteed spinach which were delicious. We were seated immediately and greeted by Mark, our waiter who was attentive and thoughtful. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealLovechicagoDined on 9/6/2014Our meal was very good the grilled smokey flavor was fantastic. Will be back. Our waitress was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great locationEdthePoleDined on 9/5/2014Great place to dine prior to a concert. Food is very good and the portions are about right.Special Features:
- Definite Rocksino diningNYCvisitVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our server, Tricia, started our dining experience off on a very positive note with her friendly and enthusiastic greeting and attentive service all the while tracking our time so we could make an 8pm concert. Our meal started off with the salad bar with its unique daily offerings including the soup du jour, a great chicken corn chowder. Our steak selections and fish of the day were prepared exactly in accordance with our requests. We accompanied our dinner with sides of grilled Brusssel sprouts with bacon and some fantastic lobster mac and cheese. Two sides were plentiful for sharing at our table of four. Our meals were all of high quality and of comparable value to a fine steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table layoutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Had a great evening,overall everything was fine..I would only say that some of the tables are too close to the next table,makes conversation a little awkward..most restaurants are like that,due to square footage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We waited a long time for our meals to arrive, then we had to ASK for the check. 45 MINUTES. That's how long it took for the waitress and the manager to figure it out and come back to us. 45 minutes after the meal was over, waiting. We were celebrating our anniversary and mom birthday. It was not a good experience. The food was great. The service was terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Ordered filet. ordered medium rare came out med to well , Did not send back Husband does not believe you should do that. Noise level high for fine dining. Drinks were expensive. I think overall cost was expensive. Tip should also be able to take out of comp funds.
- RRNBRDined on 8/30/2014Second time dining at Kosars. We dined the weekend before thats how fantastic it was. We also ordered the same entres as the week before and they were just as good as the first time. Cant wait to return. The whole staff from point of contact at entrance to all that work there were professional,polite and excellant customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steaksJustmeDined on 8/30/2014We had a good meal. The breads were tasty, especially the pretzel bread. All of our group ordered some type of meat, be it a filet, prime rib or steak, and each person enjoyed their meal. The beignets were very tasty, favorite dessert of all our group. Wine list was good, as well. The service was ok. Not 5 star like a fancier steakhouse, but good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!nursedebbieDined on 8/30/2014We loved most everything about this restaurant. The service and food were exceptional as well as the decor and atmosphere. The only negative comment is due to the fact you are right off of the casino it is rather loud. The tables for two are also rather close together so it would be difficult to have a private conversation, in fact, we ended up having a pleasant chat with the couple sitting next to us! They do offer U shaped booths which would be better for a more intimate dining experience however we were not seated there. It was our anniversary and if I had been there before I would of requested a booth, I now know to do this next visit when wanting a romantic setting. Overall we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep drivingQuickieDined on 8/30/2014Will not return! The noise level was yell at each other! It felt like our waitress was yelling at us, and she talk so fast we felt like we were in a race! The waitress had to say it's all alicart at leased 10 times! Price is very high for what the food taste like "just average"!Special Features:
- Excellent date night dinner!GoodeatsDined on 8/30/2014Although pricey, u pay for the 5 star quality food and are very pleased with the overall fine dining experience! It is a great place for a date night or special occasion. Very convenient to then go to a comedy show or concert. Recommend making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Spending $$$ per person...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014...thought sitting by the kitchen I was a part of the crew. I always thought that when you are spending the higher price point you wouldn't feel like you were working. Even though we had a reservation for 3 we were sat by the kitchen. Wasn't asked if our table was ok, just left there until our waitress came by. She was sweet and was eager to take our order. At 9:15 at night, I think everyone there wanted to just go home. The food was good and when having to buy al carte we had enough to take home. Overall the dinner was very good, the seating was just ok. Would I return?...only if it was being comped.Special Features:
- Great food poor serviceRizz0613Dined on 8/29/2014Food was top notch. Unfortunately it took us over two hours from the time we were seated to the time we paid our tab. When spending over $250 for a meal for 4. I would expect much better service. Our server disappeared for very long periods of time many times after asking us if we would like a fresh glass of wine for example and coming back 15 min later to say your wine will be coming soon. You have a great product but you need to work on your presentation. Thank you for reading my rant and good luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kozar fumblestennisloveDined on 8/29/2014Reservation was for 7:45 & didn't get seated till 9. We had my 83 yr old father out for his birthday. Then service was poor. Did not finish till after 11! Scallops good; filet's were moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little DisappointedBonnieDined on 8/29/20147:15p resrvation, seated @ 7:50p. It seemed as if everyone was not on same page. It was about 10p when we were served. Food was excellent, however, i specifically asked for my rib eye to be pink for clarity. It was well done!!!!! My son had prime rib which was perfectly(rare) pink through and through. He split his with me. I did share with our waitress, she asked me to cut into the center, i did there was ever so slightly dark pink. She asked if i wanted to have it returned, i said no. I did not want to wait any longer for a second rib eye. Had my 89yr old mom with us and she is heading for bed about 8p. The wait was a problem. Everything ala cart is a bit much.Special Features:
- Exellent Food/Loud AtmosphereBeemerboyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent. Really enjoyed the Wagu beef flank steak which was sliced and served with roasted mushrooms and crispy fried shallots. Although nicely decorated, the atmosphere was still that of a casino as you could hear the slots and constant announcements over the loud speakers which really took away from the experience. The food was worth the price, but would prefer a more intimate atmosphere when spending that kind of money.
- Not very goodAcuraDined on 8/29/2014We decided to try it out before a concert we attended. First...we were seated on time for our reservation. After watching them tell walk up business it was an hour wait we saw at least a dozen tables open in our section so I assume it was a staffing issue on a Friday night? We ordered Shrimp Cocktail which were small and overpriced, the same goes for my Sea Scallops which were small and rubbery tasting. My wife ordered a strip steak and it was tough and not very good. The Brussels Sprout side dish was the worst ever, very mushy like it was reheated from prior night. We feel it was very overpriced. It was also very loud.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, but fell short.DisappointedInKosarsDined on 8/29/2014Very good service from Kelly - she did a great job. The dinner started out well with delicious french onion soup and salad w/ pretzel bread that my wife loved. Then the main course came and she had order the chicken breast - which was smaller than I would have cooked on my grill and was lackluster in flavor. The real disappointment was the Prime Rib. It was dry to say the least and very tough - kind of counterintuitive to most other experiences with Prime Rib (moist, tender, melt in your mouth). It taste like and had the consistency of a bad quality strip steak. Based on this, your restaurant overpriced me and underdelivered. I would not recommend your restaurant based on this first experience.Special Features:
- Slow to serveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014At first when sitting down, we told our server that we had tickets for a show at 8pm. We sat down at 6:30pm. He disappeared many times and drew out our ordering process. Finally when we did order, we were told that we wouldn't be able to get most items on the menu because they would take too long. When our food did come, we had to inhale it and were 15 minutes late for our show. Very disappointed considering we made early reservations to be done in time.
- enjoyable visitsgametodineDined on 8/29/2014besides having great food: enjoy your salad bar w/your soup entree your booths are relaxing in the vigorous atmosphereSpecial Features:
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Timing of courses wasn't good, food was bland, shrimp scampi not flavorful, clam appetizer was disappointing, cheesecake seemed to be old, coffee was robust and flavorful, salad bar OK, sides too large and pricey for one person, service was friendly and attentive, overall food was disappointing and not worth the value.
- Night out at The Hardrocktom1jan2Dined on 8/29/2014This was our first time at Kosar's Wood Fired Grill and we enjoyed our experience and dinner very much. We had always thought "The Keg" in Niagara Falls had the best steaks, but this was equal to or better. Will definitely be back.Special Features: