Kork Wine and Cheese Bar
2 S Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $31 to $50
Kork Wine and Cheese Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.korkwineandcheese.com/
- Phone: 3053778899
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm-12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Wine Bar, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: William Balcazar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Kork to hear about planning a private function in our underground Jazz and Wine cellar.
- Private Party Contact: Joshua Pillock 3053778899
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Band Fridays and Saturdays, starting at 8:30PM in our underground wine cellar.
A word from Kork Wine and Cheese Bar
Reminiscent of a 1920's speakeasy with hardwood floors, over-sized leather couches and iron chandeliers, Kork Wine & Cheese has joined the burgeoning Downtown Miami restaurant and nightlife scene. Kork is a dual-level wine bar, cheese and charcuterie shop, and underground cellar. Patrons can select from hundreds of bottles of wine and a plethora of fine cheeses and meats. Kork's hidden gem is its underground wine cellar, a former bomb shelter from the Cuban Missile Crisis era. Come discover a live jazz show on Friday or Saturday and one of Miami's hippest hideaways.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kork Wine and Cheese Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- No Service = losing clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2013Not much to write due to the fact that we left after 30 min. The wait staff never took our drink orders and after 30 min they advised us that the kitchen was backed up and it would take 1 hour to receive any food.
- Happened upon Kork after seeingToniVIPDined on 3/7/2013Happened upon Kork after seeing it on Open Table - we were in the mood for wine, cheese and this place was the perfect spot. Although they were out of Pinot Noir (how is that possible at a wine bar??) and the olive tapenade we ordered with our cheese platter, the Syrah and olive assortment they replaced them with were both very good. The cheeses were excellent with delicious baguette rounds - a balsamic glaze and delightful spice mustard were also included on the platter. They were beginning to set up for live music when we decided to go but we will return next time we're in Miami to check that out.Special Features:
- Hidden and stay there!BertDined on 3/5/2013I will never try to go to this restaurant again. In the first place, they are so important or busy that they do not have a human answer the telephone. We were having trouble finding the restaurant. We called for assistance twice. Each time the phone is answered by a talking puppet who makes her speech and then hangs up. If that's their idea of customer relations at its best, they can do without my business or any good words to others about possibly going there.Bert Haber
- Although the place is reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/12/2013Although the place is really nice and the cheese and wine are great, the service is absolutely awful. They are nice people but extremely slow, forget to bring out orders and constantly have to be asked/reminded.
- The Raclette cheese is a MUST!!!mcfadden295VIPDined on 2/8/2013The Raclette cheese is a MUST!!! Great place for wine and cheese. We will absolutely go back!Special Features:
- Charming spot. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2013Charming spot. Great service. Enjoyed every minute. Would be a great place to have a party too.Special Features:
- Smells humid . Would not goOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Smells humid . Would not go back for sure. Arrived at 8 p.m. as per our reservation and there was only 1 waiter until we left at around 11 p.m.
- The first time here was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013The first time here was amazing! Tibor was our host and our food and wine guide. We let him do the picking and he came through with brilliant choices. I highly recommend. Entertainment was excellent as well.Special Features:
- place ,music ,wine & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013place ,music ,wine & food very good !!! the service horrible the servers only take care of the big tables but not the small ones ,we weren't the only couple complaining about this situation ,I will give another try soon let's see what happens .... :-)Special Features:
- Not a full menu...not forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013Not a full menu...not for everyone.... certainly not those seeking a big dinner. But if you need a place to hear live music while being able to taste the most fabulous smoked salmon and the best cheese fondue....this is your place!!!Special Features:
- On a date a recommend sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012On a date a recommend sitting downstairs for easy listening live music and a great atmosphere for conversation. Our waiter was very attentive and the jazz band was very interactive.Special Features:
- We had a great time, I haveGeraldoDined on 12/7/2012We had a great time, I have not been in downtown for long time and when I went to the Kork I did not expect that I would find chicago type bar atmosphere, it was great!!Special Features:
- Greater neighborhod gem toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Greater neighborhod gem to uneibd for a nivel wine and a poetizar Has músic on Fridays and SaturdaySpecial Features:
- Great ambiance, good musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Great ambiance, good music and excellent customer service!Special Features:
- Though the place is hard toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2012Though the place is hard to find, it does provide more seclusion. There's a good variety of cheese and wines to choose from. The chocolate fruit fondue was great. It's a good place to sit back, relax with a glass of wine and chat with friends.Special Features:
- So quaint, with a great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012So quaint, with a great ambiance feel. Excellent Jazz musicians on Jazz nights!Special Features:
- Great ambiance and cozy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Great ambiance and cozy place to unwind after work. Music that varies every friday & saturday
- A great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012KWCB was excellent. The ambiance downstairs perfect for a romantic date or a group of friends who enjoy great cheese and a decent wine selection. Stock was low or non-existent for a few cheeses but suggestions were made to solve the problem. Service grows slow as more guests arrive- only 1-2 servers for the entire downstairs. Overall a great experience. Recommended.Special Features:
- Amazing Cellar! Waiter sucked.erikeguardDined on 8/16/2012This was our anniversary dinner. Though my request to be seated downstairs was denied due to a large group reservation. The manager apologized and offered to buy us a bottle of wine which he proceded to forget due to the large group reservation. I can see myself coming back to the Cellar with a group of friends. I know the manager will be attentive. As for the main dining area, the mature waiter that was handling the quiet (2-3 tables at the time we arrived) seemed overwhelmed at handling anything more than 3 tables and spent his time talking to patrons who appeared to know him. He held no service skills and from our view intentionally ignored us until we finally got up and stepped the 10 ft to the bar to request the bill.
- Gem in downtown MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Great gem in downtown Miami. Two floors with wine celler in bottom and there is a Jazz Bank Fridays & Saturdays. Service was excellent and there was a very good selection of wines which you can go and pick out yourself. For food there is a variety of different cheeses, cold cuts, olives, etc that you can much on while relaxing in the romantic ambiance. They have Happy Hour on weekdays from 4 to 7 pm. The staff was friendly and excellent. I will definitely return!!Special Features: