253 Church Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.korinyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 334-0908
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00PM-10:00PM
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00PM-10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chris Kim
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Kori Tribeca
Chef Chris Kim and Chef Jay Kim team up to proudly present the taste of satisfying authentic Korean cuisine with modern features befitting NYC. Kori Tribeca is the first Korean restaurant outside NYC's Korea Town, and the only one to serve Korean cuisine in Tribeca for over fourteen consecutive years. Expect to taste heavenly traditional Korean food while enjoying the comfortable romantic ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kori Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Surprise!KnownDinerDined on 11/7/2014When I had no trouble making a reservation on a Friday evening I was prepared to be disappointed in what I was to find. What I found was a small space, small bar, GEM. The service was warm and friendly. The food was hard to keep on my plate because we all loved my spicy pork rolls, and everything else. So, don't go here! I want to be able to get a reservation, soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dinner but not spectacularDoogieDined on 10/24/2014The dinner was fine the ambiance was fine. Certainly worthwhile but nothing spectacular in terms of food with the exception of very attentive service level. The staff were very much on top of things and very helpful. I would recommend but don't expect anything spectacular.
- Fantastic!CocoDined on 10/11/2014I'll recommend it to all of my friends! I thought Korean restaurant would only be expected to be delicious but not special. But Kori surprised me with every single dish. Their noodle was the best noodle I had in the past couple years. And their rice cake dessert was a perfect match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and delicious Korean FoodJulesnBillDined on 8/28/2014This was our second time at this restaurant and we'll be back again. Nice ambiance and very good service. Unusual and yummy cocktails made with Soju--ginger martini my favorite, crisp and fabulous. Mushroom bimibop filled with flavor, as were unusual rice dumpling for appetizers.Special Features:
- Great place for Korean Cuisinepa13VIPDined on 8/4/2014Everything the three of us had, from the appetizer to our meals was very good. This was our first time trying Korean food, and it was a hit for the family.Special Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Kori Tribeca reviews archive.
- Great place, amazing foodGeneMilDined on 6/1/2014Great food. Friendly service! Fun place to go with a group or yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2014This Korean restaurant was located two blocks from our hotel. The food was fresh and very well prepared. The Bibimbap was delicious!Special Features:
- Great food and service!foodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food was delish as well as the drinks. They even gave us complimentary ice cream. I'll definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Korean!RachelMillerDined on 5/2/2014I've been to Kori multiple times with just two people and small groups and it's been outstanding every time. The food is entirely authentic, and the service is top notch without being pretentious . They are knowledgable and available with any questions you may have about the menu. The bulgogi is a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was small.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2014The restaurant was small. The staff was attentive without being intrusive. The food was fantastic! i highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceDannyDined on 2/21/2014I was looking for a good Korean restaurant for dinner near WTC and this place did not disappoint. The waitress was attentive and the food was amazing. The waitress also helped explain some of the food and drinks that were available which was a welcome change from other Korean restaurants. Food and service were amazing, I definitely recommend this if you're in the area looking for good Korean food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience to rememberValentinesDayDinerDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for valentine's day and have the most amazing experience. This restaurant is a hidden gem tucked away in Tribeca and I am sure that this diamond in the rough will not be a hidden gem for long as they create an amazing array of food that will continue to excite pallets as they present a modern play on Korean staples. As you enter the restaurant you are greeted by a bar and then a mood lit dining area. There are not a ton of tables most two tops that can be pushed together for group seating. There servers are very friendly and give the right level of service; quick to take away plates that have been finished and attentive. Try the shrimp bomb. You will not regret the kick at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ORIGINAL AND ENJOYABLEALEXADined on 2/9/2014Had a great meal here. Have only rarely eaten Korean and the dumplings were fantastic, such great flavours. Price wise good value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I guess it depends on whatLobsterBoyDined on 12/4/2013I guess it depends on what you like - so in all fairness the food was good but I had to list it is fair in the respect that it is not traditionally Korean where you get many small plates with your entrees. The entrees also are westernized ~ which maybe is good for a newbie to Korean food but having been to countless Korean restaurants in the world, Kori did not impress me. Sorry : (
- Group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2013Food was good, was expected more choice on the menu...the place is really nice and clean, good location. The service was the bad part, we had three different waitress no coordinating the order. After 10min everyone of the group had their food but they completely forgot mine...had to wait another ten min, by then my friends were done eating. The waitresses nearly apologize, made me pay for the dish and didn't not even offer any desert or something ... Can def find a better spot in NYCSpecial Features:
- Great findbritgirlVIPDined on 11/4/2013I love Korean, and had conveyed this to a friend back in London. He visited this week and he asked to go to the 'great little Korean place'. He was as impressed as I was. I would the service was better than when I visited before and it was already good. I think this will be a New York staple restaurant for me. The food, service and decor are all of a high standard. Check it out, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jemReviewerNumber2Dined on 10/10/2013Other reviewers have noted this but since this place is outside k-town it's pretty empty - lucky for me! Dolsot with beef is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisicated Korean foodbritgirlVIPDined on 10/5/2013I reserved a table at Kori based on the reviews it had received. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, so thank you to all those reviewers. I ordered baby octopus pokumm, with thin noodles, I decided to go for a curry/noodle dish as I almost always have Bilimp bap whenever I have Korean. It was wonderful, the food arrived hot, and the portion size is healthy. The spicing of the curry was delicate and well balanced. On another note; the kimchee was delicious. I have been to some places where the kimchee is either too strong or simply not paltable. No such problems at Kori. Service was good and glasses were never left dry. I will return again to discover more things on the menu and will likely revisit my old favourite Bilimap bap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service SmallFeedbackVIPDined on 9/6/2013Good food and service Small and cozy Great for the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Fun dining experienceJillbertnycDined on 8/21/2013Loved the rice cooked in the bowl on your table. Great food experience. Don't burn your mouth though!Special Features:
- Didn't even know it was there.TobuscusVIPDined on 8/17/2013They need to advertise more. It may not be the purist Korean restaurant, but to me it's pretty good! It's also in TriBeca. I've walked past it many times not knowing it was there though. The bar looks pretty nice but no one was there and it was a Saturday Night. They've been there for 13 years apparently.Special Features:
- "Sloppy service but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/2/2013It was too obvious they wanted us out ASAP. We were there for less than an hour and felt quite rushed. The food, however, was really good
- Excellent!GStevensDined on 4/19/2013Kori was exceptional! We had a great meal with very attentive service. Would definitely return!!
- When we got there for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2013When we got there for our reservation, our servers were super nice and did their best to accommodate us. The drinks are pretty good -- I like the Kori Fever and the Yuja Addictive. The food is solid. For entrees, the table ordered one kalbi and one spicy pork to share (comes with the lettuce, wild sesame leaves, rice, and some dipping sauce). And we ordered the Seven Lucks hot rice pot. Loved how it was still sizzling when it arrived, as it should be. And make sure to scoop up the crispy rice that sits on the bottom of the bowl, cuz it's amazing. The mushrooms were really good, would definitely come back for more!
- A nice Korean restaurant inLuv2doWIneVIPDined on 4/1/2013A nice Korean restaurant in TriBeCa, well worth a trip downtown, it is not a typical Korean but if has a very friendly staff and excellent food and drinks. We recommend.
- Overpriced Korean food. YouSIMoneVIPDined on 3/18/2013Overpriced Korean food. You can get better for less in Ktown. And they don't take American Express cards, which is quite odd for a venue in Tribeca.
- Great Gluten Free MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I would like to thank the staff of Kori for my wonderful gluten-free food. They brought me special dishes and kept me safe. The rest of my party had a great time as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- though the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2013though the food and service is always good here, this is not authentic korean, but more like nouveau korean. took the family there because we were nearby and overall everyone was pretty satisfied. food was tasty and service was great.Special Features:
- I tried five appetizers andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013I tried five appetizers and all really good. The cold noodle bowl and the sashimi rice bowl were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kori is a wonderful restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Kori is a wonderful restaurant. A friend came who initially expressed some hesitancy in eating Korean food but found the menu to be ample and loved what she had. The service was terrific, the food beautifully displayed and tasty, wine good and prices reasonable...all in all, I would strongly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2012Food was excellent and service fast. Well go back.Special Features:
- I would recommend Kori toHarlowVIPDined on 10/18/2012I would recommend Kori to a friend who had never tried Korean and wanted to. The food was good, and it was nice to try something new, but the experience (food, service, reservation process) itself was below average compared with other restaurants in this price point in the area. The server was a friendly person but clearly not very good at her job, and then we had to fight with the restaurant after we went for our Open Table points despite the fact that when we were at the restaurant before dinner, they reminded us two or three times that our table was ready while we were trying to enjoy a drink.
- The food was good but I wasSheritaDined on 10/15/2012The food was good but I was not blown away. It is a good downtown alternative to K town. We had an incident with something in our food but management handled the situation quite well. I we would go back if we happen to be near there at dinner time but would not plan to go there.
- pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2012I was pleasantly surprised by the flavors and variety of the dishes. Especially loved the shrimp bomb! The portions are ample and the service was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- The wait staff was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2012The wait staff was very attentive and the food was very good.Special Features:
- While the food was reallyPeachesDined on 8/23/2012While the food was really good!! at Kori Tribeca in New York, the service was exceptional. We really enjoyed meeting and talking with the staffers. I would love to go back. Also, it is saying something when the servers like their own restaurant so much that they bring dates to eat out there!
- only my 2nd time at Kori andIZ817VIPDined on 8/12/2012only my 2nd time at Kori and the second visit did not match the first - from service to food.Special Features:
- Food was very good, but aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2012Food was very good, but about the same quality as a good place in Korea Town, where it's much cheaper and you get more free side veges, though I did have the bi bim bop, which is a standard dish. They also don't have A/C; so in the summer, make sure you get a table under one of the ceiling fans.
- The short ribs and wraps wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012The short ribs and wraps were out of this world!!!Special Features:
- Great find, highly recommended!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We tried this place blindly. So glad we did! Arrive early for best service and detailed food explanation (if you've never had Korean). Staff were very attentive and pleasant. The food was brilliant! Go for the fixed price menu for two. Amazing value and selection. I'll definitely be back, with more friends too!Special Features: