Koral Bar & Kitchen
900 Bellevue Way NE, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Koral Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.koralbellevue.com/
- Phone: 4256231125
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Sa 4:00pm-10:00pm; Su 4:00pm-9:00pm Bar: Su–Thur 3:00pm–12:00am; F-Sat 3:00pm – close **Happy Hour Coming Soon!**
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Koral offers two private dining rooms.There are also options for semi-private dining and large happy hour groups. Inquire about off-site catering at your home, venue or office!
- Private Party Contact: Kristi Kettman 8775904353
A word from Koral Bar & Kitchen
Koral bar & kitchen is locally owned and operated. Located in the heart of downtown Bellevue, adjacent to the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Serving dinner seven nights a week and weekend brunch. Koral features Regional American cuisine. Koral, a "New American Kitchen" delivers a quality experience in a relaxed and accessible environment. Highlighting upscale appetizers, small plates and a full menu featuring uniques items with a plentiful selection of comfortably prepared foods. A gathering place for large groups or a cozy dinner for two. A place to grab a delicious drink, share some appetizers with friends, or sit down for a great dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Koral Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice place, nice happy hourEdmondsResidentVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is a good restaurant. Manager let us try happy hour bev. and appetizer even though we arrived a few minutes after the ending 6pm time -- very nice gesture. Our dinner in the dining room was good. Great crab cakes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was decentyum916Dined on 7/2/2014The food was decent but I don't think it was worth the price compared to other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Geat for Special OccasionsDJCJRDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I have gone to Koral for our anniversary and my wife's birthday this year. The staff at Koral are very friendly and accommodating and always make an extra effort for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Junior Varsity ServiceIrishEyesDined on 6/15/2014Koral was my third choice for Father's Day dinner, and now it's off my list completely. The staff working on Sunday seemed indifferent to us, and mainly wanted our table to leave so that the server could focus his attention to a private party. Once the entrees were removed the check was presented without offering coffee, port, or dessert menus. I'm confident that the restaurant has established service standards, they were just not followed that night since the experienced managers usually take Sundays and Mondays off.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoofieDined on 6/14/2014Our waitress was very engaging & wonderful but her great personality could not make up for the unimpressive food. We ordered filet mignon but it was tough, not at all like a filet. The rest of the meal was very good, the strawberry shortcake being the highlight. We came because of a BOGO free entree offer -maybe that explains the cheaper cut of meat used. Though we received the free entree - a $36 discount- we thought the meal was overpriced.
- YumMalibugirlVIPDined on 6/5/2014Don't ever stop serving garlic bread and steak aaladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 181 reviews are from the Koral Bar & Kitchen reviews archive.
- Will never go backHawkHeadDined on 5/30/2014This was my second time at Koral and it wasn't very good. I'm not sure how they stay open...it always seems so empty! They try to make it seem like a "hip" place but no one is there! Where shall i start on the food? How can you mess up a simple salad? The oily dressing had no flavor and it had way too much pepper. Same with the main course...too much pepper on the halibut. The only thing I really liked were the tiny dollops of beet puree added for presentation. The pineapple cake wasn't worth the calories...dry, dense and blah tasting. If the tab was $50-60 for two people, you might be able to choke it down...but it was over $100 (109) and it wasn't even worthy. A great disappointment.
- Wonderful experienceCortronDined on 5/24/2014We ate at Koral for my birthday. My parents and girls (ages 12 and 16) were with us. The food was excellent for all of us. The truffle fries were a big hit with my daughter and anyone else who could pry one from her. The bacon wrapped meatloaf was awesome with its tangy BBQ sauce! Sunday would be a great day to go as they have 1/2 price bottles of wine! Our waitress was delightful!Special Features:
- Mother's DayDainDined on 5/11/2014I was happy to find this restaurant had a special Mothers' Day brunch menu, including a meal specifically for children-and one that they actually liked. The food was great, with a nicely-sized appetizer and delicious scones for the table. The main course was smaller than I expected but given all the food I had already eaten (the scone and a cup of dungeoness crab chowder) I still wound up feeling quite full at the end of the meal-so it was the right size after all. I rate this "kid friendly" because of the obvious family-oriented nature of the occasion, for which they properly targeted children too. I suspect normal days are not like this, so probably not somewhere I would usually take kids otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014This was a very accomodating place for a business lunch with a group. The poke salad is especially niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food a hit & a miss...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014I ordered the garlic grilled prawns and quite frankly, the dish was awful; the shrimp was dry and flavorless and the accompanying black rice was so salty is was barely editable. My lunch companion ordered the Chicken Saltimbocca which was decent but they layered the meat and sauce on top of the fries, making them soggy.
- Always Excellent!bouvmom48Dined on 4/23/2014I love this place for lunch because the service is always exceptional, the food can't be beat and it is quiet enough to have a conversation and not yell across the table. This is the place I like to meet friends for lunch.Special Features:
- Great servive at KoralfunkyjunkyVIPDined on 3/28/2014We made a reservation fro 12 one night we were heading to an auction. They put us in a wonderful space, this room was great and suited our group perfectly as we were able to sit or use it cocktail style and wander around talking to everyone. Our friends wanted to watch a college bball game on TV and they happily accommodated us by turning on the TV in our private room. The food was delicious and the drinks were great! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very pleasant and enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014It was very pleasant and enjoyable. Food and service was good. It was a Sunday evening so not very crowded.Special Features:
- Not your typical hotel restaurant!winecountry3Dined on 3/1/2014We've been twice and love the mussels appetizer with bacon and blue cheese! I recommend the garlic prawns and lamb for entrees. All four of us were pleased with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent experience for dinnerAngelawrDined on 2/23/2014I had a group of 16 for a birthday dinner for my husband. I originally made the reservation for ten but when the group grew bigger they had no issue putting us in a large private room. There was no minimum food order. The ambiance was nice and the room was big enough. It did get really hot in there so we had to ask for them to crank the AC for us. Out waitress Kelly, she was wonderful. She knew the menu, the wine, the bar. She was friendly and fast! However, the food took FOREVER to get to us and when it finally did many of our party stated that their meals were cold. It was a limited Sunday nite menu so I was unsure why some dinners were cold. Also, they did not add an automatic gratuity for our large party so we appreciated that.Special Features:
- Valentine Dinner For 2TtopperDined on 2/14/2014Very reasonable pricing for a Foodie level meal of American fusion...fish, chicken, beef all well prepared. Atmosphere sort of minimalist. Attached next door to Hyatt with an upscale crowd. Appetizers reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Nice AmbiancedjusssDined on 2/14/2014Food was good. Really nice restaurant. Only issue is you clothes will likely smell like food after dinner because of the open Kitchen. I''ll try the bar area for dinner with the big shared wooden table next time.Special Features:
- Awesome place for Valentine's DaybrianDined on 2/14/2014Booked it at the last minute for a Valentine's date. Arrived late because of traffic, but only had to wait a few minutes to get our tab, and they comped me a drink for waiting even though it wasn't their fault. Our server was awesome, kept up on us quite well considering how busy it was. The food did take a while to arrive, but again it was a packed house and I always allow a little slack for the kitchen when that's the case. I was a little surprised at the portion sizes when the food arrived (they looked on the small side) but both of us had plenty to eat by the end. All in all a great experience - will definitely be going back on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceconnoisseurDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I ate here on Valentine's Day and received one of the worst dining experiences I have ever seen. Our two rounds of drinks were delivered 15-20 minutes after being orderd and the second round was split as the waiter forgot to put the order in. Our dinner was ordered a little after 8:00PM and at 8:55PM were still waiting for it. At this point, we had to get going to our next spot so a manager was involved and he packed the food for us and told us that we could pick it up on our way home. When we came back to pick it up, it was no where to be found and neither was the manager. The waiter just seemed uninterested. The venue was great but the service was comparable to a fast food restaurant at the lower end of the spectrum.Special Features:
- Nice but LoudAldonaDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant had good service (once it started). While I sat alone, no one appeared to take my drink order. After my wife arrived, service was great. The food was good. My biggest issue was that it was very hard to have a conversation, the acoustics in the restaurant are bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dinner but not RomanticGregorioDined on 2/14/2014We picked the Koral Restaurant for our annual Valentine's Day dinner because it is the sister restaurant of one of our favorites: The Pearl in Bellevue. We had a very good dinner with excellent service. However, I probably bungled the restaurant selection for Valentine's Day as it is a vibrant and energetic venue with a generally younger clientele; we are in our 60's. Not really what you would call "romantic", but fun and alive if this is what you are looking for. We both had the wagyu sirloin steak which was served with a blue cheese demi glase. Frankly, it was a little on the rich side but we had eaten too many appetizers beforehand. They specialize in seafood, so we'll need to check this out when we visit again.,Special Features:
- On the fence...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Great food and service at a reasonable price, but almost too loud for an intimate evening with that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was horrible,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014The service was horrible, our server was very rude and not friendly.Special Features:
- Decent food but overpricedEvgo7Dined on 1/17/2014The service was friendly and the bar was great. I would probably come back for happy hour and drinks, but not dinner. The service was really slow (and I don't mind waiting for good food). There was a big party in the back room so I don't know if that slowed the kitchen down. The food was good but not amazing. My crab was a bit old and my husband's wagyu beef was bland. This isn't really what you want for $30 entrees...Special Features:
- great food but no atmosphere earlySaoirseVIPDined on 1/17/2014I will qualify this by saying we came to this restaurant at 5.30 on a Friday, which was early, but it was such a quiet, hotel-restaurant type vibe that I have to mark it down for that. Myself, my husband and our 10 year old had lovely food and the server was wonderful. The adults had a selection of small plates that were very very good, spicy turkey meatballs, a crab cocktail, tuna and brussel sprouts, all were lovely. Our 10 year old loved his burger. If we'd sat at the bar, it might have been a better atmosphere, but obviously we didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinnersparkyDined on 1/12/2014When our family celebrates the Dec. and Jan. birthdays, each person on their special day gets to pick a restaurant. I had heard about Koral on the radio and decided why not. We had a great meal and good time. Fun happy hour drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bellevue HotspotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014This weekend was my first time at Koral, and will not be my last. Great spot, great feel, awesome food and good prices for a bellevue restaurant. Wait staff are professional with the right amount of attention, but not so much you felt hovered over. Recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014Geez, talk about slow, poor service. Slow seating us (we even had a reservation & were the 1st to arrive in the dining room.) slow checking back on us for drinks, slow coming to take order, slow getting 2nd drink, every aspect if the service was fair to poor, not even that friendly. Food was very good though. A bit pricey. We wanted to stay but had to get up & find the manager twice to get service as well as ask for our check. It's unfortunate since it's atmosphere & food are great. He gave us the last appetizer & drink on the house at least & was embarrassed his Server had dropped the ball.Special Features:
- Saturday Dinner at KoralScottDined on 1/4/2014Went to Koral for the first time this past Saturday night (January 4th). Ambience was nice, quiet for a Saturday night. I expected the food to be on par with its sister restaurant, Pearl, but it was not. I had the Black Angus Filet and it was cooked as I ordered but even with a demi glazed sauce it was still underwhelming. Kid's had the 1/2 Chicken and it was good, but not as flavorful as the Chicken at Pearl. Service was not that great...very slow for a waiter that had a very few tables. Not going to say his name but although he was cordial, not what I expected from a restaurant of this caliber. All in all, just ok. I will recommend it for now, and will plan to visit it one more time to see if was just an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in downtown BellevueTreDonneDined on 1/3/2014I and two friends came here for dinner to end the holidays. We were greeted and taken care of by a very attentive staff. Everyone was helpful and cheerful. We had drinks in the bar (which was full of energetic conversations) and then went to the dining room. Our table was in the very back and it was quiet and we were able to easily hear each other. The trout appetizer was delicious and the pork special with a fig reduction was to die for. The crab cakes were perfect and the truffle fries a lovely accompaniment. For dessert, don't miss the caramel bread pudding. We shared one and devoured it. We all agreed we would return. Our thanks to the Koral staff for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Good Spot for New Year's Eve DinnerDJCJRDined on 12/31/2013My wife and i have been to Koral and it's sister restaurant Pearl many times. We went for New Year's Eve dinner and the food and service were very good, as usual. There was a live band in the bar and as midnight approached the staff handed out hats, noise makers and champagne for the toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet in a stormcasgometDined on 12/22/2013After tiring of the huge noisy restaurants in Bellevue Square we found Koral to be just right. The food and service were both good. The restaurant would benefit from a warmer color, as the ambiance in the restaurant was a bit cold, despite warm lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinnermtrmanDined on 11/28/2013Koral is not a fancy place but the food was very good. The turkey and prime rib were cooked to perfection. The side dishes had a lot of flavor. The chocolate brownie sundae was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Local DiningRobbDined on 11/28/2013We ate at Koral on Thanksgiving. The food is very good, and the servings were generous. Service is also good. On the weekends, Koral is a hot spot for locals, with live music (not too loud). I would definitely take someone or a group there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013We had been there for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. The ambience is just perfect for a romantic dinner. We also got a complimentary drink :). Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for sixnightmoiVIPDined on 11/20/2013We were able to make fairly last minute dinner reservations for six. The choices on the menu, service and food quality were above average. Dishes available for vegetarians were almost non-existent unless you want to order only sides. This is a nice alternative to the mall restaurants after a day of shopping at Bellevue Square.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2013I had never been here and I am happy I gave it a shot. Good food. Good atmosphere. Very good service and a wine list with lots of enticing things on it. That was a pleasant surprise. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- DisappointingLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/25/2013It was our first time dining at this restaurant and overall it was a very disappointing experience. The restaurant had a bland decor and felt very generic. The food was just average. There would be no reason for us to go back again.
- KoralItsthewaterDined on 10/16/2013I chose the Koral for a small business meeting. The Koral staff were excellent. The restaurant had great seating, comfort and the atmosphere was perfect for this type of meeting. I would recommend the Koral for personal and business gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.