Kora restaurant - bar - lounge
2250-B Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Kora restaurant - bar - lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.korarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (571) 431-7090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm CLOSED SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Morou Ouattara
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Kora 2 Go - will deliver to business within a four block radius for breakfast and dinner. 18 hours advanced notice required. You may contact us by phone or by email at email@example.com. Catering by Morou can cater and staff off premise functions for group as large as 250 people,
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 45 persons. The cocktail lounge is also available for semi private receptions for up to 20 persons. For more information about private dining look at our website www.korarestaurant.com.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Alston-Ouattara 5714317090
- Entertainment: large flat screen televisions
- Special Events: 3 course early dinner for $27 available Monday- Saturday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. Patrons of the Synetic Theatre receive a 10% discount when they present their theater tickets or stubs.
New Extended Happy Hour Drink and Food Specials. Available everyday of the week 4pm-8:30pm
Early Dinner 3- Course Prix Fix Menu available 5pm-6:30 Monday- Friday
A word from Kora restaurant - bar - lounge
Kora restaurant | bar | lounge is proud to present you with New Italian cuisine in a modern and contemporary setting. We offer a 12 item tasting menu for those looking to venture into all avenues of the dinner menu for $39. The bar and lounge showcases over 20 unique Italian wines by the glass as well as an innovative international cocktail menu. Crystal City and Pentagon City Residents receive 15% off their entire bill on Saturday and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kora restaurant - bar - lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- So-so, but convenientAnonVIPDined on 11/7/2014Basic Italian food, poor service; they missed one dish we ordered, which then arrived long after others were served. Trouble with the bill; overcharged one of us, couldn't just fix it, ended up giving him cash. Lots of to-ing and fro-ing which boiled down to a "meh" experience. Wouldn't go there again; but it was convenient to the hotel we were staying in.Special Features:
- DisappointingCrnhrnDined on 10/24/2014The waiter was very uninformed about the food and the wine list. Brought the wrong food and didn't bring it all together. When asked about his favorite wine after telling us that they had classes and training on the wines, waiter proceeded to say that Barefoot wines were his favorite. Barefoot wines A. are not on the list and B. should not be admitted to liking if NOT on the restaurant's wine list! Food was good when it arrived, but not worth going back just for that. All service staff did a great job of making us feel like we had overstayed by clearing everything off the table once the bill was paid, including water glasses and wine glasses that were not empty. Wine was encouraged to drink right away as they needed to take the glasses.
- Fabulous food -- Fresh & Local!!FabFoodieDined on 10/23/2014I have now been to Kora for lunch and dinner. The food is fresh, inventive and a great blend of flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic nightRoobleDined on 10/14/2014It was a special night for me and my wife and the restaurant ambiance really helped to celebrate it. Food and wine just amazing. Thank you Kora for the amazing experience.Special Features:
- Service was terribleQuincyDined on 10/11/2014We have lived in the Crystal City area for about 3 years but never went to Kora restaurant and after waiting so long it was not worth it. The noise level was so high we could barely hear ourselves speak. The waitress we had was even worse, she barely checked in on us and we even noticed that the other waitstaff were trying to take care of her other tables from the neglect. We each ordered the "flight of wines" and the one who delivered it had no idea which wine was which. What made it worse was 2 out of the 3 wines included in the flights were the same thing! The food was mediocre at best. Perhaps the Chef was having a night off. We would only go back if the noise level can be turned down and if the service was better.
- Too loudOurFavDined on 10/10/2014We could not hear ourselves think - groups were rowdy & instead of receiving a discount because the ambiance was not what we expected, we got apologies from any server that passed our table - we had out of town guests & this location for dinner was disappointing. Noise level was off the charts & that is not what we were looking for
- Overall I had a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The staff got my order wrong and brought out the wrong meal. I had to wait to get my meal when everyone else in the group had theres. Our waitress took a while to refill drinks at the table also. It was the service that was lacking but over all the restaurant was nice and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014We arrived for a 9pm reservation and were seated for 10 minutes before someone from the wait staff asked if we wanted a drink. It then took another 10 minutes before the drinks arrived. Once we eventually ordered the food did not arrive at the same time so some of us were eating before the others to avoid cold food. I had trouble finding anything I really liked on the menu. Based on previous reviews I expected more from this place. The facility is tired and the chairs along the windows are incredibly noisy as they scrape on the concrete floors. We will not be back.
- What's going on at Kora?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Not our first visit. Maybe our last? Food was mediocre--not at all what I recall from previous visits. Service was a mess. And once the live music got started in a largely empty dining room, the decibel level was through the roof. We were literally yelling.
- Decent SpotprfctstrmVIPDined on 8/14/2014Not bad for a night out. The drinks were the highlight of the evening. Nice wine variety, good quality. Mixed drinks were pretty good as well.
- a pleasant surpriseDCdinerDined on 8/13/2014Kora was a spur-of-the-moment choice for dinner, and we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, and the service was quite good. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2014Four of us met for dinner and had a good experience. It was nothing out of the ordinary and we were pleased with the food and the service. We took advantage of the 3-course option for restaurant week. I had rolled eggplant, wild mushrooms and polenta, and finished with the citrus burst. Quite tasty and filling.Special Features:
- Not Iron Chef caliperJtspupsDined on 8/9/2014Surprising this restaurant's owner/chef is an Iron Chef as the food was mediocre at best. Server had an attitude causing the manager to complete out service at her initiation only to be abandoned by her. The only good thing about this meal was the other manager deducted 50% off the entire bill because of all the problems we experienced. Never again.
- The following 518 reviews are from the Kora restaurant - bar - lounge reviews archive.
- Happy hour noshSandCVIPDined on 7/15/2014This was my second time here. Sat at the bar, had the mini margherita pizza and gazpacho. It certainly had "Italian ingredients", but frankly it was too Americanized. By this I mean way too sweet. The gazpacho tasted and looked as if it had been creamed, sugared and then punched back up in flavor using some spices. My non-existent Italian grandmother would have been disappointed. The pizza sauce was very sweet too and I would consider the crust as doughy. Most Americans would probably love it, but both could be improved by holding back on the sugar, or just getting rid of it.
- Great foodIslanddudeVIPDined on 7/14/2014The location is crystal city is perfect for locals and tourists. The bar and dining area has a lot of to offer. I recommend Mondays when the awesome pasta is half off!!Special Features:
- Excellent service and menuMaryRDined on 7/14/2014Had a wonderful time with excellent service. Great place to go with a group - wide menu selections - not just Italian dishes. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good service, bad availabilitymsmithDined on 7/14/2014They have a bar but they don't make frozen drinks. They have a variety of teas but no sweet tea. There was a fly hovering over our food! Service was great though.
- Terrible FoodCKCKVIPDined on 6/28/2014I normally do not give terrible reviews, but the food here was awful. The Caprese salad was too sweet (why mess with a classic?), the Lasagna tasted like tomato paste, and the pasta within the Chicken Parmesean was tasteless. I am really shocked a restaurant thinks it can survive serving such bad food.
- Great for business lunchNoVADinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Perfect day for lunch outside. Wait staff is terrific at this establishment. And food is always excellent. Lunch prices and half plate options are both good for the bank account and the waistline!Special Features:
- Obviously *was* greatProfvDined on 6/18/2014Kora's come down a bit. The food is good, but not the world class great they were closing on. The service is good, but not polished. The atmosphere is fading-hipness in need of a refresh. Nothing bad, but still a bit of a come-down because it once was very good. I had the menu, getting the eggplant (tasty, a bit on the salty side), wild mushrooms (overwhelming mushrooms, underwhelming mushroom flavor; cauliflower flan and tomato compote were amazing!), and citrus explosion (a nice cake with a refreshing sherbet; to balance the sherbet, the cake's frosting should have been less sweet).Special Features:
- Good food but service was lackingwarmspringslocalVIPDined on 6/4/2014We went to Kora for dinner. The mussel appetizer and fig pizza were very good. My husband had the pork chop which he said was tasty but somewhat overcooked/dry. Service was lackluster - minimal attention and minimal interest in delivering a good experience. Would go again - maybe a different waiter would provide a better dining experience to go along with the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentdontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 5/19/2014We frequent this place. Their Monday deal is super. One starts with their warm bread and it comes with nice olive oil and spices(it is so good we eat 2 baskets). I share their painted soup with my hubby, it is very tasty and different. Pasta dishes are half price and I get salmon and veggies, then take half home for next days lunch.Special Features:
- Kora - LunchHAT86Dined on 5/12/2014Had a lunch for a new staff member. Food was good; the wait was not too long, and the noise level in the restaurant was not overwhelming; enough to have our own conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a break!Arlingt0nVIPDined on 5/10/2014We needed a dinner reservation before going to Synetic Theater. I figured that the poor reviews on service should have been addressed by now so was willing to take a risk. They seated us at a large raised booth - it is difficult for the servers to reach, but I was happy to move items to where I could eat. The prix fixe at $32 is a bargain and the portions were generous, but more importantly delicious. We both had the rolled eggplant - which could have been an entree. Hubby had the seafood risotto. It looked okay and was properly cooked - which is saying something for risotto. I had the duck - delicious and beautifully presented. We were too full for the dessert, but they packed it so we could take it home. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- setinstyleDined on 5/10/2014Great dining experience for a group of family and friends. Food and service was very good. We would definitely dine at Kora again!! Enjoy !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/9/2014Group of 6 for dinner. Very accommodating. Live music was nice touch. Delicious food and fun, delightful server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2014We were the first to arrive for our lunch reservation at 11:45am and had a wide choice of seating, including a few booths. The place filled up shortly after. Our food (Salmon Salad and Pasta Alfredo) arrived quickly and were delicious.Special Features:
- Music was way too loudhickabillyDined on 5/2/2014This location has changed hands so often that every time I go to Crystal city (about once a year) it is a different taste. The dinner was very good and the service was outstanding. The only thing that I didn't like was that it was a Saturday night and they had a live Jazz band that was so loud that I couldn't hold a conversation with my companion for dinner.
- Jusk okayMark4DiningVIPDined on 4/29/2014Two business associates accompanied me for dinner on Tuesday evening and Kora was not even close to capacity although they were managing a large party in one of the back rooms. My one complaint about this place is the attitude and expertise of the wait staff. They just don't seem to care enough to learn their professions. We had a mediocre dining experience when this place could actually be a "neighborhood gem". The food was good and my guests complimented the server on our meal (instead of accepting the compliment gracefully, she said "well, I can't take credit for that"). Two of our wine selections were not available and one of our after-dinner drinks were not available. All-in-all, an "okay" experience.
- Pricey pasta if not a MondayKimKDined on 4/14/2014Food was ok. Glad we were there on a Monday for half price pasta dishes. Otherwise it would have been way overpriced for what u get. Bread was delish but wasn't offered extra. No salad, just a plate of pasta and four strips of bread for four people. Server never smiled and seemed scarce. Great entertainment watching people trying to get in a locked unmarked side door! I knocked on the window and pointed to entrance several times. Greeters at front door were very nice and friendly.Special Features:
- Not greatBobbVIPDined on 4/5/2014I wanted to like this restaurant and this is the first time I've gone. There were three of us for dinner at 7:00 on a Saturday night. The restaurant wasn't terribly busy but the service wasnot good. Food was good but I would not go back due to the service level. I live in Crystal City and always try to dine at the restaurants here but I won't go back to Cora. Too much attitude from the server and absolutely no management in sight.
- Can't go wrong at KoraOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2014I'm always impressed with the food and the service at Kora. it's never disappointing and a good value for the quality and amount of food. The atmosphere is great and modern and stylish. I love that it is appropriate for adults but they have a good kid's menu so that our whole family enjoys it. I love that they take reservations and were accommodating when the number of diners changed twice. I live in the neighborhood and frequent many of the restaurants on 23rd street and Crystal Drive but this is my new favorite and the place I take guests that are in town and recommend to visitors staying nearby. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Does not have variety plateDisappointedDined on 3/29/2014Does not have variety plate for $39 as advertised. Sangria was a poured glass of wine...,, they took back added fruit and returned back to us. Saturday evening and maybe 10 patrons. There was a sheer curtain wall and behind about 50 people doing something that constantly involved clacking of what sounded like poker chips but not playing poker. Waiter was extemely hard to get attention. Left after appetizer and walked over to Ruth Chris.
- BadBinoDined on 3/26/2014Worst open table experience ever. Service was nonexistent. Got the lasagna, would have been better off home eating Stoufers. Never ever again! Oh yeah. Overpriced too.
- Kora's & a showBobKatDined on 3/21/2014Kora's is one of our Crystal City gems. Friendly wait staff, and they know how to ensure prompt service so that you can catch your show at Synetic Theatre "a stone's throw away." Great menu selection. The chef is always coming up with interesting selections. The last time we were there we had a wonderfully creative soup. Always a treat!Special Features:
- Great place regardless of occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/5/2014I conduct business meetings here and it is quiet enough for that, but also love to come here for happy hour or a weekday dinner out. Chef is great, food is good and the bartenders are great.Special Features:
- Dinner at Kora'sMichaelVIPDined on 2/15/2014I was greeted after I approached the counter. They had my reservations and I was seated immediately. It would have been nice, if the waiter would have worked with the same acumen. He showed up after a while and asked for drinks. I gave him a primary and secondary selection of beer. He brought a third which I had not ordered, but it was OK so I did not complain. Took a long time to get him back for my order. I had a BLT Pizza. It was good but delivered by a different person. I had to find the waiter to get the condiments for the pizza. When I had finished my first beer, he was no where to be seen. I started to rise when a waitress asked me the problem. I explained and she brought me a second beer. Food good, service poor!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014The service we received was horrible from the minute we walked in the door. We had to wait 10 minutes before anyone even came over to the table to get drink orders. We had to ask for utensils and napkins from the cook after the food came because the waiter never brought any. The servers and others were rude throughout the meal. And the food was mediocre, and lukewarm.
- UnderwhelmedprfctstrmVIPDined on 2/14/2014Understand that it was Valentine's Day, but our server took two smoke breaks, forgot to bring our wine, and eventually was replaced by someone from the managerial staff who saw us looking confused as to our server's whereabouts. Appetizers and desserts were delicious. My main dish was overcooked. Reallylike the look of the place, but not enough to go back on a regular basis. Will have to let the bad taste of this experience fade before I even consider going here again.
- Worst Service & Uninspiring MenumayhemDined on 2/14/2014We decided to try a new restaurant for Valentine's Day and picked Kora. Despite some of the bad reviews about service, we felt adventurous because of the Italian food. Worst decision ever. The service was beyond terrible - we sat at our table for 45 minutes and still hadn't received our drinks - and the waiter came by and asked how we were doing once. After we had enough waiting around, we just got up and left. I gave the food one-star because we didn't have any food. They lost a decent sized check and tip that night - and we will not be back. Improve your service or continue to lose customers.