Kono's on the Green
1345 Piilani Hwy
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kono's on the Green
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://konosonmaui.com/
- Phone: 8086334220x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-11:00am
Saturday and Sunday 8:00am-11:30am
Lunch: Daily 10:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 2:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kono Akao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Coming Soon
A word from Kono's on the Green
Kono's on the Green serving French, Italian, and American cuisine with an Asian flair with a friendly island atmosphere. We offer a sushi bar, and a generous happy hour. We boast probably the best sunset and views in South Maui. Enjoy the view from our outdoor lanai area or dine in cool air conditioned comfort in our inside dining area. Come in and take in the Kono's experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kono's on the Green reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very goodWorldTravelerDined on 9/21/2014Great food and great service. Live music outside - a little loud for my taste. Overall very good dining spot. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionPapaya500Dined on 9/17/2014I went to Kono's on my birthday. Because we got there earlier than our reservation, it was a bit noisy with all the golfers enjoying the 19th hole. But by the time the sun started setting at the edge of Lanai Island, most of the golfers and happy hour patrons at the bar were gone, and the ambience had completely changed - it was absolutely lovely perfect place to sip some wine overlooking sunset. Food was excellent from appetizer to dessert. Service was flawless. I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasions.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOkekaiDined on 9/3/2014Had a great business lunch. Love the indoor/outdoor arrangement, server was very accommodating of our conversation, and as always the view is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!BigeaterDined on 8/2/2014We went there twice, once for dinner on Saturday night, and once for dinner, drinks, and dancing on Sunday. The first Sunday of the month is Motown night with a live band. Both nights the food was fantastic, the service was quick and friendly, and the view from the patio seating was incredible! The Motown band was good, if not great and the atmosphere was laid back and fun. The prices are cheap for happy hour and reasonable for dinner. I highly recommend the Braised Short Rib and the Atlantic Salmon but both are very rich, perfect for splitting. It is definitely a new favorite for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is just so soMisterFoodVIPDined on 7/19/2014I can't really recommend this place. We are not from Maui and we read some decent reviews, unfortunately they didn't live up to it.
- Worth the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Food was good - AHI was super yummy and dessert was great. Disappointed they were out of the wine we ordered. They overbooked and didn't have our table but came thru and set one up for us which was super nice. Bad part was there was an EXTREMELY loud band playing. Love the idea but wish I would have known because I was looking for a quiet dinner. I will go back though to enjoy wine and pupus on Sunday night and to hear good music - really it was just an expectation issue. But, overall, they were awesome and came thru!! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Kono's on the Green reviews archive.
- Could be Exceptional, But Wasn'tBennyDined on 6/21/2014Food service was exceptionally slow. Salad came out quickly, but had to wait 20 minutes for the sushi (69 Roll). The entree took another 20 minutes to arrive. Food was tasty, but nothing fantastic. Sold out on their prime rib special by 7:00 pm. Music was nice and a couple was dancing to the music. Nice view but could hear the cars on the highway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kihei's Hot Little SecretLoving2DineDined on 5/23/2014We loved everything about it. The experience was great because it was adult friendly. The food and bar beverages are fresh and delicious. Our Server was very helpful and had suggestions to our questions. We are bringing the whole group next time. My guests were very pleased and so was I. Many thanks for a delightful lunch.Special Features:
- bartman reviewsbartmanDined on 5/9/2014It was loud because of the band (on the deck) but those dancing seemed to love it...we sat just inside and the music level was OK. Food was good, not as expensive as many Wailea & Kihei hot spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kono'Kono's on the Green Plus!catk2852Dined on 5/6/2014Besides the good food and very pleasant wait staff, and besides a beautiful view of the 18th fairway and green, also included was a fabulous view of the sunset over the ocean. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but forgot special eventdiningbestiesDined on 4/25/2014really friendly servers, GREAT food, very nice scenery with live music...the only negatives i have about the experience was that there were a few flies that were a little distracting and obnoxious and they forgot i was trying to celebrate a friends birthday so i had to remind them in front of my friend...thus ruining the surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great service.NeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Excellent food and great service.Needs some ambience upgrades outside.
- NoiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2014The food and service are great B U T music if you call it that way, way, to loud. Cannot converse without yelling. To bad because Chef is Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTullyDined on 3/7/2014The food was okay, nothing special. We thought a one crab cake appetizer, no salad greens, for $18 was overpriced. Not the setting for a romantic evening, more of a bar atmosphere. We will not be returning to this establishment. I would think a great place for a lunch after a game of golf but not for an evening out.Special Features:
- Kono's has a long way to goOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2014Very expensive for the quality of food. Would not return. Drinks were not even good.
- Not worth a second chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/27/2014Half of outdoor patio dark with no lights. We had to move tables to even see the menu. We were not offered bread as were neighboring tables. Food arrived cold after at least a 45 minute wait. Service inconsistent at best. We were constantly being told the food would be right out. The manager offered to comp us the meal but we refused knowing that we would not be returning.Special Features:
- Very Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/24/2014My husband and I did a "Nine and Dine" here last year and enjoyed everything - the spectacular view, golf was good, and the food was very good. My fish was excellent, the salads were great, but my husband's steak was just OK. This year we came with 3 other couples who had never been to Kono's. My husband, not a fish eater, had a steak which he reported as very thin and smothered with gravy. The rest of us had fish and were very happy. We had the ono special which was in a curry sauce, another had the ahi, and one had the prawns. Several of us split the beet salad and we were served very generous portions of very tastg beets and greens. Everyone plans to return - we just need to find something else on the menu for my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz and R&B night was excellentonzoomDined on 2/23/2014Great food, great music and a busy atmosphere made for a Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingblessedfamily3Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant manager called the night before to advise of a pre-fixe menu for Valentine's Day which we appreciated. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the hostess and seated immediately without waiting. Our server and the staff were very professional and catered to our every need due to the fact that we had our 19 month old daughter with us. We were also really amazed by the food! Usually when partaking in a pre-fixe menu, it's not the best meal, but this, by far was very tasty from the start to the end. The live music was also really nice to enjoy and everyone in the restaurant seemed to be having a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered steak medium cameFrugeDined on 2/11/2014Ordered steak medium came well but tasted good. Presentation excellent - waitress had good memory but did not service even though restaurant, diners were low & she had the skill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little findglennDined on 2/7/2014This small restaurant is far from the hustle of Maui. Great food and service. Will sure to return soon.Special Features:
- Threat of rainMiscueDined on 2/4/2014With the threat of rain and no cover over the outside dining area :( i elected to eat inside. unfortunately a very large (10-12) group came into the lounge, which is all part of one room with the inside dining. Several people in the group were incredibly loud and inconsiderate: certainly not Kono's fault. Without being very busy, it took an incredibly long time to get wine, and the entree was very delayed. In fact, i was first brought a lamp chop instead of the duck breast...i LOOKED at it.....thought hmmmm. Stirred some things around on the plate, and then the kitchen person that had served me ( not my waitress) came backa nd said oops that is a lamb chop! I got MY dinner right away but wondered what they did with my stirred around plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch of the Day!thereaderkatDined on 1/31/2014Wonderful food, great ocean view, good wine, friendly staff and reasonable prices! Definitely will return on our next trip to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet setting, very good mealpatrickcroVIPDined on 1/29/2014We were not disappointed by Kono on our second trip. I had a tremendous appetizer of smoked salmon while my wife had a salad. And the dinners were excellent as well (steak and scallops). The server was very attentive but not intrusive, so it was a great experience and we will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyAndyDined on 1/24/2014Had a reservation. Walked in, slight wait for hostess. She informed us that she did not have any menus right now. We asked about going to the bar, but found all chairs taken. We were told that we should use a seathing arrangement near the bar. Table did not have silverware. We ordered and when food arrived had to request silverware. Seems more of a local place. Food was good. View of the ocean was limited. We will not go back.
- beatiful viewlostpilotDined on 1/23/2014Stunning view of golf course and sunset. Food was very good, priced reasonably for maui. Service was a little slow. This was a result of the restaurant not the waitress. Not enough waitresses. Overall, a great experience. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- left me feeling out of placelookingforgoodeatsDined on 1/19/2014When we arrived, although we made a reservation on open table they acted like it didn't matter and put us at a table they had open. We sat for 5-10 minutes without service of any kind and when we finally did it was hit and miss. Once our food was ordered and started to arrive things started looking up. Although the service was pretty poor the staff were friendly and tried to please. The food was outstanding! The live music playing was advertised as jazz, but was more like wedding DJ type. Good food, just left feeling disappointed with atmosphere and service. Not what we expected. Would recommend for the food only.Special Features:
- Maui Sunsets!CaptainRonVIPDined on 10/28/2013Excellent setting and ambiance enhance a well thought out menu, with food prepared and presented with a foodie in mind. Service is attentive, the kitchen flexible, Kono's was, for us, the perfect place to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. If you're on Maui and looking for just the right restaurant to enjoy for an evening, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon dinner outhoneymoon1Dined on 10/10/2013We wanted to have a nice dinner to celebrate our honeymoon and decided on Konos because of the excellent reviews we've seen. Sadly it wasn't as great as we hoped. My husband commented that the butchering of the lamb was not done correctly and completely under seasoned. The quality of the meat was fantastic but lacking salt! My scallops were beautifully cooked and flavors were ok but it definitely lacked the wow factor. When dessert came it looked wonderful but the mousse was completely grainy and the creme brulee didn't even seem to have been made with real vanilla bean. Over all the food was mediocre. The quality was great but lacked in flavor. The best part of the dessert was the whipped cream and puff pastry on the side. Sad.
- Sunset at Kono'sChipDined on 10/3/2013My wife and I enjoyed a nice sunset dinner last week at Kono's. We sat outside to watch the sun going down over the West Maui Mts. Tommy are waiter was delightful and was attentive to all our dining needs. The food was good. We will return to Kono's again when we visit Maui in Feb 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tries to be something it's notHandCDined on 10/2/2013Great for a restaurant after a round of golf but not what we would consider a fine dining
- Go for the food!DisasterdaveDined on 9/16/2013This is a golf course restaurant. The deck overlooks a highway, then the ocean. The food was very well prepared and presented, the wait staff were good, but not great(lacked knowledge of the desert menu). This is not a great chef in a golf course restaurant that does happy hour. Go for the food, it was awesome. Very casual dressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicedawabbitVIPDined on 9/12/2013We sat outside, right before sunset and had a wonderful view of the sunset and the first Hole of Elleair Golf Course. Both were breath taking. The fish of the day was Machong Caught that morning, with curry flavored risotto, baby asparagus and Bok Choy. It was All amazing. Finished with Rosalina ice cream. Great night, with impeccable service and food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Jazz/R&B music and great foodRomanDined on 9/8/2013We went here for our 1st anniversary. The music was great, sunset beautiful, food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food wasn't too goodMauryVIPDined on 8/27/2013Period. It's a great location, great view. Just totally uninspired food.
- Elleair Maui 19th HoleHighwaymanVIPDined on 7/20/2013Elleair Maui clubhouse dining. Bread was awesome! Mushroom ravioli was good. Spinach Salad was terrific! The rack of lamb is an item that I'd go back to eat any day!. The NY cheesecake was dense but not very flavorful. Great views, but bright glare at sunset. Need some shades. Seems like the bar and lounge area took up half the space. The bar seems a main focus for this dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Konos is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2013The food at Konos is excellent but the ambiance for a fine dining restaurant is fair at best. There are too many things going on in a relatively small space. One part is filled with golfers who have just finished their round of golf and are drinking and snacking. There is a bar, another lounge area and the restaurant. It's probably great for lunch but for the fine dining prices at dinner the ambiance needs to change. Too bad because the food and service were great!
- Phenomenal Group LocationSunseekerChuckVIPDined on 6/28/2013I hosted a dinner for my employees and everyone had the most delectable and enjoyable evening. And it didn't break the bank. Fine dining at the right price is so difficult to find on Maui but Kono has it down. Gabby was a wonderful server and so attentive. It's why we return time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites on Maui!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013One of our favorites on Maui! Small amount of noise from highway but the food and drink make up for it tenfoldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Place Continues to AmazeSunseekerChuckVIPDined on 6/5/2013Just love coming to Kono's. It is comfortable and not too crowded, but energetic enough to make it fun. The food is always excellent and the drinks are fun and interesting. Highly recommend this wonderful experience.Special Features: