Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar
9419 N. Meridian St
Indianapolis, IN 46260Neighborhood:
Broad Ripple / Meridian - Kessler
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.konajacksindy.com/
- Phone: 3178431609x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Closed Sundays and Major Holidays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Valentine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Après Jack's is Daddy Jack's martini and cognac bar, right next door to Kona Jack's, that features Indianapolis' best live music nightly. French for "After Jack's", Après Jack's is the perfect place to stop for cocktails after work, after play, or after dinner at Daddy or Kona Jack's. Après Jack's is located at 96th & Meridian Streets in Indianapolis, conveniently located to the Northside of Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield and Zionsville.
A word from Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar
Kona Jack's Fish Market and Sushi Bar, named Best Seafood Restaurant for ten years running by Indianapolis Monthly, and Best Seafood Restaurant by Nuvo Newsweekly, boasts the widest array of fresh and salt-water fish, shellfish, clams, oysters, and sushi in the Midwest. Enjoy dinner, cocktails, and fine wine in casual comfort, surrounded by the beauty of salt-water aquariums, or let the experts in our Fish Market help you select impeccably fresh seafood to prepare at home. Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar is right next to Daddy Jack's at 96th and Meridian. Reservations are recommended but not required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (22)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (18)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)romantic (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Never Disappointeddmstringfield78Dined on 10/11/2014Whenever my husband and I plan a date night, Kona Jack's is what we crave. I have only managed to order the same dish each of the five or six visits we've made. The Chilean Sea Bass is absolute perfection. They also have the best calimari I've ever eaten and excellent sushi as well. I would highly recommend for a casual, fresh seafood dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood Place10kate48Dined on 10/4/2014Not fancy, a relaxed vibe. Great food and service. We will go back, especially when with a group that is casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceJudyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a party of six. Everyone's food came out hot, timely and delicious. It was so busy there was not an empty table in the restaraunt but it did not affect food or service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters 25th Birthday! !!TANEISHAVIPDined on 9/26/2014It was the best $300 we've spent in a long time. Angela, our server was AMAZING! !!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK FOR GIRLS NIGHT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missNotafanVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've had better meals here, and I'd otherwise go for 3 stars, but service is consistently so-so, the rooms goofy and lights bright, and on this particular night the kitchen horribly misfired.
- Great as usual!KarenDined on 9/20/2014We had an awesome time as usua! The food was awesome!Special Features:
- Hawaii MidwestclcdashDined on 9/20/2014if you like ONO Kona Jack's is the place to go if you would like to purchase fresh fish to take home to cook yourself they have that tooSpecial Features:
- First of many more visitsNoodleDined on 9/19/2014This was my first visit and I was very impressed. I had the special which was perfectly prepared. The atmosphere and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great..thatonegirl46952Dined on 9/17/2014We had sushi, crab cakes, salmon and catfish. No complaints at all. Megan, our server, was great and very knowledgeable about menu items and had great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch!Shaindel1Dined on 9/9/2014Very pleasant atmosphere! Very nice and clean. Great waitress. Waitress was attentive in a non-intrusive way. My girlfriend and I hadn't seen each other in months. We sat and talked for awhile without feeling or being rushed. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Very enjoyable lunch. I have eaten here several times for dinner. Same great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/8/2014Food is always excellent! Can't beat their fresh fish as well as other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it usually is...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Food was ok, sushi was not cut to most places standards. Chowder was great, service was great and we overall had a good experience. Until I received an email saying they cancelled my reservation (4 hours after we had dined there)! I don't know if they do this so they don't have to pay open table for the number of people that come, or if the hostesses are not properly trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ohyou812Dined on 8/30/2014Had some confusion on the order, but Chris did a great job turning it around. Crab legs and steak special were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great dining experience, server in Sushi bar was very busy but still gave us excellent service. We ordered the Walleye and Grouper, enjoyed both of them.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodDiner722VIPDined on 8/29/2014Seafood as good as anyplace in Indianapolis. Very consistent.Special Features:
- Kona Jack'sDennyCDined on 8/23/2014We ate at Kona Jack's for the first time. Outstanding food and service. Everyone was very cordial and thanked us for dining with them. I have had no better seafood in Indy. We will definitely be back. They also have fresh, flown in daily, seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouper & SushiJason1973VIPDined on 8/6/2014Excellent Sushi, Grouper is my favorite! I've been dining here for years.Special Features:
- SERVICEBillyboyDined on 8/2/2014SERVER WAS TERRIBLE-SHOULD BE FIRED-WORST SEVER EVER-FOOD WAS GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Always great food and friendly service. The menu is varied with great choices for any appetite. you can't go wrong at KonasSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Excellent dinner, Crunchy Grouper is a must! The Fish tanks are very nice too!
- ReliableTrixieVIPDined on 7/30/2014You can always count on Kona Jacks for a great meal. This time no exception. The only difference I have noticed lately is that their waiters change quite a bit. They service is not quite what it use to be but the food is terrific.Special Features:
- Hawaii in IndianapolisclcdashDined on 7/26/2014if you miss the fish preparations found in Hawaii try Kona Jack's always a choice for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014The service was very friendly and attentive. The food was not good. The hot bread that came was raw and doughy on the inside. My sea bass ($27) tasted like it had freezer burn, the salad leaves were wilted. It was very disappointing.
- A good choicePurduefanDined on 7/16/2014Excellent seafood prep, value for dollar, & service. We especially appreciated as we took out of town guests with specific food requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawaii in IndianaclcdashDined on 7/12/2014This is our Hawaii restaurant in Indiana love the Special K ONO have tried other fish from there as well which are also good If you prefer to cook the fish yourself try purchasing some from their fish market inside the restaurant also if you like sushi they have a large selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceSteveDined on 7/5/2014We came for our 46 Anniversary. Our waitress, Anna, was wonderful and made our evening special. Food was great. Must try Lemon Cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hosting guests for dinnerSuSuDined on 6/27/2014I can always rely on a good dinner and excellent service at Kona Jacks which is why it is my first choice for taking my guests. Friends from out of town are always pleased with the large seafood menu.Special Features:
- The following 179 reviews are from the Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- Great fish and sushiSheilaDined on 6/20/2014The swordfish was wonderful and the mt fugi sushi roll was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I am a long time patron. Come once to twice a year. Food is always excellent. Been coming for at least 15 years.Special Features:
- OutstandingSushiLoverDined on 5/31/2014Food, Service, ambience...all outstanding. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014Another great experience! The Mix Grill special is a must have.
- Not Quite Up to ParGertieDinesVIPDined on 5/23/2014We visit Kona Jacks every year when we come to Indy for the 500. I was a bit surprised that on a Friday night between 7 & 9 pm the place was never more than 1/2 full. We usually get Sushi. We should have stayed with that. Many people around us ordered Sudshi and it looked great. We had grilled fish. It was ok but flavors were not impressive and the portions were small for the $. The vegetables had absolutely no seasoning and were barely warm. The loaf of bread was so hot it could not even be cut. Our server was friendly, but very slow. We got more attention from another server in the room. We will give this place one more try for Sushi, but if the next visit isn't better it will be time to find a new tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/22/2014I've been going to Daddy Jacks and Kona Jacks since they opened. My experience the other night was beyond awful!Special Features:
- Kona jacksBrucksDined on 5/20/2014Have to try crunchy grouper House ginger vinagrette great Bread served hot and great taste Great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really fun timeFernDined on 5/9/2014Our server was excellent and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Seafood and ServiceindyfoodDined on 5/9/2014I dined here for the first time last week with my parents, who live out of town, as well as my husband and seven year old daughter. It was a fantastic experience. The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional, and they served each member of our party with equal care. The many fish tanks around the restaurant are incredible, and my daughter especially enjoyed finding exotic fish, (for whom the staff have given names). Food was outstanding - some of the very best seafood in Indy! If dining on a weekend, make reservations and get there early so the noise level isn't too high.Special Features:
- Awesome sushiCaptFidelDined on 5/7/2014The sushi here is awesome. You can dine inside our outside. You MUST try this restaurant out; I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- FunRuthsonDined on 5/6/2014Informal fish house with well prepared food. Nothing spectacular but good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First Experiencekkz630VIPDined on 5/3/2014This was our first time at Kona Jack's. Our party of 4 was pleased with the whole experience. Our waitress was very friendly and made some good suggestions. We all ordered a different fish for dinner and were all satisfied. We also split some sushi rolls as an appetizer. The Dallas roll is delicious! We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/24/2014Always consistently great food and service. We come every Thursday and sit in the sushi bar. The Mexican roll is a must have!Special Features: