Kona Grill - Woodbridge
511 US Highway 1
Iselin, NJ 08830Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Woodbridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 7327504400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday –Thursday 11:00am - Midnight Friday-Saturday 11:00am - 1:00am Sunday 11:00am – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christian Coughlin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Woodbridge
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, & a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, & Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Kona Grill - Woodbridge - Best Restaurants in Woodbridge ›
Kona Grill - Woodbridge reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (15)special occasion (15)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (10)late-night find (10)great for lunch (9)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- JeriDined on 8/26/2014Great food, but they need to be able to control the AC. Our party and tables around us were freezing with no response from manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGr8stkDined on 8/25/2014My wife & I were celebrating our anniversary. When we got to the door at Kona Grill we were asked if we preferred to sit inside or out. Our waiter was very knowledgable & friendly. He even took our picture for us. The atmosphere was good, the good was excellent. When we were done with dinner our waiter brought us a creme brûlée - on the house - to share for our anniversary. It was very thoughtful, & greatly appreciated. That's the kind of service you don't see everywhere. I would definitely return to Kona Grill & highly recommend it. Ice already told friends about our great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeJKri1Dined on 8/9/2014I had not been to Kona for about 2 years. Last trip in the area we visited several times as everything was very good. This time I find drinks that as full of ice as they could, food that was ok, and service that was not up to what I expected. Maybe just one bad night but disappointing.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014We were a party of seven and everything we ordered was delicious. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodated every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppysNyMomDined on 7/20/2014We went and shared a bunch of appetizers... Most were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaLoveABiteDined on 7/13/2014Excellent sushi with a great variety. Booth was comfortable and the place was romantically lit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant Romantic RestaurantNehaJDined on 7/12/2014We met here for the date night to celebrate my new internship and it turned out to be simply amazing. We have been to so many restaurants till date and by far this was way better than the popular Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory or Macaroni Grill. The ambience was awesome and the peppy music just made it even better. Will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!DeliciousDined on 7/12/2014I normally don't write reviews, but this restaurant was outstanding. The sushi was delicious and you must try the sea bass. The service was efficient and our server was delightful. DeliSpecial Features:
- Awesome - as usual!MichelleGVIPDined on 7/6/2014We love dining here. The place is pretty, the food is delicious and the wait staff is stellar. We'll always be back for more!Special Features:
- Great!MichelleGVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food - had a nice Saturday evening here! We'll be back again, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Decent Food decent AtmosphereFoodLoverDined on 6/24/2014So the good news about Kona Grill is that they have something for everyone. Their menu is very different, focusing on Asian style dishes, but they have many choices. Overall the service was okay. They do have excellent drinks though. I had the white Sake Sangria and it was excellent. I also had the Pad Thai which was better than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iffy service, good food.KsGrpDined on 6/14/2014Service was not so great this time- it took a ridiculaousls long time to get on simple appetizer (edamame) and the server didn't even check in to let us know about any delays. Also, do not get the pineapple honey mojito- unless you enjoy drinking cough syrup. The food here is pretty good, but the service will have me think twice before returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was very goodMatawansownDined on 6/5/2014Food was well prepared and nice selection. A/C was a little much at first but they turned it down. Service person was excellent and three people checked to make sure we were enjoying our meal. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsapsikDined on 5/30/2014This is a fun place to meet friends for a drink and a nice meal. The fish entree was fantastic! I was disappointed with the calamari and the flat bread appetizer. Calamari was gummy and the flat bread too thick and hard for the toppings. Nice atmosphere and decor. Really fun place.Special Features:
- KonaDined on 5/25/2014They have the best menu!!!! We haven't had a server yet we didn't like! They always make you feel welcome, friendly and very attentive!Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014we went for mothers day and they food was great the service was great. I love going to Kona! I was disappointed though that they no longer have the shrimp appetizer and the red velvet cake desert I was so looking forward to desert. PLEASE BRING IT BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!foodieDined on 5/11/2014The food was perfect and the staff was amazing. A little noisy but it was also a holiday weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantMolegsDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good, patio was great for Mother's Day since the weather was nice. Overall, a good experience. Service was not very good, took a long time to order and to get in touch with our server. One positive - my husband has a shellfish allergy and she mentioned one of the dishes was made with oyster sauce which was nice of her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as always!MichelleGVIPDined on 5/10/2014We love Kona Grill - great menu - beautiful place and great service!Special Features:
- Excellent!Danlaf201Dined on 5/7/2014Took work associates here for dinner and it was amazing. Great sushi, half price wine on Wednesday and awesome appetizers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 273 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Woodbridge reviews archive.
- Easter dinner with familyFGrantDined on 4/20/2014It was our first time going. We chose because we wanted a place that took reservations vs sitting for hours waiting. It was just what we wanted and the food was great. Staff is very pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAngieDDined on 4/19/2014This was a great find off busy route 1. The food was a nice mix of american fare with Asian fusion. Will definitely return !!!Special Features:
- Ladies night outMrsKDined on 3/13/2014We had very good service and the flat bread pizza was very good.Special Features:
- Great clean restaurant. DrinksKiKiDined on 3/7/2014Great clean restaurant. Drinks a little on the high side so make sure it's happy hour. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari, sushi (Coconut Shrimp,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014Calamari, sushi (Coconut Shrimp, Temptation Role), hawaiian ribeye, macadamia nut chicken are all very good.Special Features:
- Reservation ProblemRoniDined on 2/21/2014They took our reservation for 8:00 pm, got there at 7:50pm and hostess said "table not ready yet", ok we are a little early. An hour later after complaining multiple times and being told " the party is leaving the table now, it will be 5 more minutes" many times, they finally sat us at 2 booths. Will never go back and it is a shame because our server was great and the food was decent too.Special Features:
- Excellent foodBossLadyDined on 2/15/2014Had reservations and I was sat right away .. The service was good . The waiter kept the drinks coming as requested and overall my dinner date with my husband was great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Change of PaceRobTiaDined on 2/14/2014Kona Grill is a great restaurant that offers a Japanese/Hawaiian inspired menu, a large dining room, an intimate enclosed patio, and an open and welcoming bar area. The staff is cheerful and attentive, staying on their toes but knowing when to leave diners to their company. The kitchen and sushi bar are professionally driven as they fix incredible dishes that will amaze the tastebuds. I personally enjoy the voodoo roll from the sushi menu, though I recommend you be bold and adventurous with your menu options. You'll be hard pressed to find a dish that doesn't make the trip worth the time. Be on the lookout for seasonal specialities for an original experience guaranteed to please. I highly encourage anyone reading this to visit Kona Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewladyoneDined on 2/14/2014I really enjoyed my early evening visit and dining experience at Kona. The only issue was that upon my arrival, I was given the option for a table or a patio (not unusual). With the patio, you seat yourself. However, after sitting in a very visible table, I was not acknowledged by any wait staff. After 7 minutes, I returned to the hostess station and requested a table where I will be waited upon. After that everything was pretty much awesome. There were plenty of "managers" on staff and I think they all visited my table at some point. No one mentioned the whole thing about me not being waited on earlier but that's fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local hot spot!!JJCdVIPDined on 2/13/2014There are 2 distinct vibes in Kona Grill... the formal dining section and the bar/lounge area. And, both sections are great for different reasons: - The restaurant area is great for families and groups, as it's set up for a quieter setting and more private conversations. - The bar/lounge area is great for more social gatherings and hanging out for after work. The Happy Hour offerings are what really set Kona apart from most of the other local restaurants with longer hours, 2 offerings of happy hour Monday - Friday, large assortment of food and nice selection of beverages. Overall, Kona Grill is a great local find that will have you coming back quite often! The food, the drinks, the service, the atmosphere equals a good time!Special Features:
- Nice place, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014The interior is very nice. I liked the sort of tropical theme they had going on inside. The food was very tasty though everything was a little pricey for me. Overall a very good experience. I will definitely return to Kona Grill for special occasions or if I'm in the mood to splurge a little. The Basic Pesto was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice nightDinesOutALotDined on 1/30/2014My little group of 6 arrived at different times. We were all greeted promptly and taken to our table. The round table was perfect for us to have all of us included in conversations, Our server Ashley was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu options. We were all very pleased with our meals. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food selectionCynthiaDined on 1/24/2014The food selection was unique and tasty. Food service was a little slow, but I didn't mind since I wasn't in a rush and wanted to relax and enjoy my night. Our server was quite attentive. If you like a quiet place, this isn't it. It was a little too noisy for my liking.Special Features:
- Less Than DesirableNOTIMPRESSEDDined on 1/15/2014The dining area- too loud.The menu-too limited. The Food:The Margherita Flat Bread and Pot Stickers were just okay. My friend was not impressed with the crab and salmon rolls she ordered we just okay. The Mahi Mahi was tasty but the portion size was a joke! The mixed veggies and baby bok choy were mediocre. NOT worth the $24.00 I spent. The Drinks: We sent back the watered down Regular and Coconut Mojitos.Thank goodness it was Wine Down Wednesdays, half priced bottles of wine! The Service: Our food came out an hour later.The Newbee waiter was courteous but not very helpful with suggestions. It was a low to mid range dining experience for moderate to higher range $$$. Over $100 dollars later I was definitely not satisfied!
- Love It!RacketbobVIPDined on 1/11/2014Great food! Great drinks! Great service! Great time! We always sit in the bar area on the patio. Service has always been outstanding. The servers are friendly and offer helpful suggestions. Sushi and flatbread pizzas are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Poor ServiceAwesomeScottVIPDined on 1/11/2014If you are going there just be prepared. Food is really good and portions are great. Service continues to be terrible. this time is was so bad that we got all of our food at once, apps, entrees, kids food etc.... before we even got our first drink. the server seemed really confused when I got upset and explained that we wanted to have a couple courses and all of the plates wouldn't even fit on the table. The topper was the manager came over and apologized and said this always happens when they are slow. I almost fell out of my chair. If you cant do it right when you are slow, then what happens as the night picks up???Special Features:
- Always a good place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2014The service, food, drinks everything is not ever a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FabulousCG12Dined on 12/31/2013We've been here many times and it's always great food and terrific services....something hard to find anymore. I travel 40 min just eat hear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Krona grillGoodeatsDined on 12/31/2013Service was excellent and food came out quickly even when it was busy. The menu was great and had a wise variety of options, including a nice sushi selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took some supervisees outMikeKVIPDined on 12/20/2013Took some supervisees out for a holiday lunch. Had never been here at lunch time, but they have a nice lunch menu, good service that got us back to work on time and everyone enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.