Kona Grill - Troy
30 E Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48083Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (248) 619-9060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:00am-11:00pm Fri-Sat 11:00am-Midnight Sunday 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Troy
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Kona Grill - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Kona Grill - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (60)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (50)vibrant bar scene (45)special occasion (43)great for lunch (39)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (22)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- great food and atmosphereJimmyVIPDined on 11/20/2014Food and atmosphere never let you down! Always a great place to go for business and personal occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BasicOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/19/2014I would equate this place to Applebee's, a large, bland menu with food and service below average.Special Features:
- tbf63Dined on 11/15/2014Great place, great crowd. Our table was great, but the music was really too loud and hard a hard time carrying on a conversation.Special Features:
- Another great mealBobSDined on 11/12/2014We enjoy coming to this restaurant, always good food and service. The desserts are giant, so 1 goes a long way! Seafood is usually selected by us and we are never disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona GrillfrequentdinerjoDined on 11/8/2014Kona Grill is an excellent restaurant. The valet employees, receptionist, wait staff and management have always been excellent. The food is never disappointing and is of excellent quality. Our waiter was a bit overextended on Saturday and service was a bit slow. Noise was up, but bearable, as typical of a busy Saturday night. It is one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Colleague DinnerGregDined on 11/6/2014The food and drinks were excellent! Our wait person provided very good service. The kitchen was a bit slow that evening but the drinks and conversation covered this distraction from my colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour!ihavemorefunDined on 11/5/2014They have excellent happy hour specials in the bar area. Too bad there isn't more seating, though. Complimentary valet is nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Decent food. Disappointed because happy hour is advertised but not for the dining area. Must go into the bar for happy hour specials. We had a group for dinner so going into the bar wasn't an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for LunchKrustyDined on 10/28/2014Diverse menu, fairly crowded for lunch and nice ambience. The have Vegitarian/Vegan menu upon request.Special Features:
- good timeRubyDined on 10/27/2014! had a great time with friends !!!waiter was also good and friendly!Special Features:
- All Good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Everytime I opt for Kona, I am never disappointed. I am crazy for their VooDoo roll and Seaweed Salad. I'll be back soon...Special Features:
- JoeADined on 10/24/2014Great food, drinks and sevice. A cool place to be seen in TroySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona night outammdivaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful dinner, service was excellent. My husband and I spilt an appetizer and entree, and I love when a restaurant will actually split the entree and put it on two seperate plates for us.Special Features:
- open tablefoodie337Dined on 10/14/2014Made a reservation last minute on open table. Seated right away, great server, great appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMrsRTC65Dined on 10/11/2014Went to Kona for a night out with friends and it was great as always. Never disappointed and would recommend it to anyone. The atmosphere is great, fantastic Sushi and service was very good.Special Features:
- OrcristDined on 10/10/2014This was a wonderful dinner with my employees. Twice a year we chose a resturaunt in the area to dine at in celebration of a great team we have at our company. All of the ladies said that this place by far was the best yet. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Food and service mehieatfoodVIPDined on 10/8/2014For the prices, the quality of the food and the service really stunk. The hostess stood there and talked to an employee, looked at as, talked some more, then finally came over to greet us. Our server seemed frantic, though they weren't that busy. She would drop something off at our table and leave without saying a word before we had a chance to ask for anything! My fiancé's sushi didn't look or taste fresh. That being said... Not sure that we'll hurry back here.Special Features:
- Good but....SusanDined on 10/7/2014For a business lunch this is a great place. Both entrees were served quickly but both orders were wrong. The manager was gracious and apologized. Maybe the runner didn't check.Special Features:
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful meal. Everything tasted great. We enjoyed ourselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveditbutDined on 10/3/2014The only complaint or concern, too loud. Could not carry a conversation without talking very loud. Food, service, attention to our children was exemplary. The noise level was very disconcerning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014Great atmosphere Monday night. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- satisfieddisappointedVIPDined on 9/29/2014Kona was great! It pretty much always is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentafoodiesheavenDined on 9/28/2014This was a great experience for our first time dining there. Kona Grill has a variety of great tasting food with a lovely atmosphere!!Special Features:
- Good area choiceTroycoupleDined on 9/27/2014Good sushi, great salads, price increase like $19 for 2 slices of Macadamia Nut Chicken and deleting some items from the menu ie: Pan Asain Noodles will make me look at other choices before choosing Kona. Been a customer since day one.Special Features:
- Always consistentMitchVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place, food and ambiance. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKoutaboutDined on 9/27/2014I have heard so much rave about this place but I wasn't blown away. I ordered Hot Sake and it was served cold. We got our food a few minutes after our soup and salads. Way too many plates on table. I ordered Sushi because that's what they are known for but it was just ok.Special Features:
- everything was just... ok...icemanDined on 9/27/2014Our service was only 2 stars I believe the girl at Subway helped me better. for a fine dining restaurant it was more noisy then a raging night club the prices for food To portion size is horrible I would give it 2 stars. food flavor was very good. 4 stars sushi was amazing love those Vegas Rolls. Overall for the amount of high end dining establishments me and my wife visit. We should have went to leo's coney island. Instead at least there it's quiet and with the money we would have saved well who knows what the night would bring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go during happy hourCharnedVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've been here twice now: once for happy hour with my friends, and once for dinner with my family. Go during happy hour. The food is so-so (delightfully plated, I will concede), but well worth the happy hour prices. In fact, it may be the best happy hour in Troy. If you do go during dinner, get a salad to share for the table. The chopped salads at Kona are ACTUALLY chopped, which is a nice treat (not having to force a 3-inch piece of lettuce into your mouth like you're folding vegetable origami with your teeth). I gave service three stars because the dinner waiter gave us sass for not ordering obesity-inducing amounts of food, and forgot to refill our water before dessert. Happy hour service on the patio was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Awesome sushiMalloryVIPDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic service and food as always! My only complaint would be that we always request a high chair in the special accommodations section and they never read it until we get there and have a table that would accommodate a high chair available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favoriteleligDined on 9/24/2014It's always a good time at Kona Grill. The food and drinks are amazing and service is great. Recent change to the menu though left me feeling sad, bring back the sweet and spicy shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerGalourDined on 9/22/2014One of my favorite sushi stops. Always fresh cut and the speciality rolls are extremely well done.Special Features:
- KathyGDined on 9/20/2014Food here is usually outstanding. However, this time my friend's meatloaf was obviously quite burnt on the outside. I was truly surprised that the kitchen sent it to our table. We complained, and received a total new lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great management & staffcityhopperDined on 9/17/2014Greeted immediately, seated early. Waitress was friendly and personable (ask for Corinna!). Manager Barry Zilan was on the floor and helping not to mention even joined us for a few minutes to talk and see how it all was going. Great spot for work groups or family dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The service was wonderful! Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, service was good. Slightly limited menu, but has something in most categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJimJDined on 9/5/2014Great service, great food. Always something good to eat there. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Go to placeQuboDined on 8/30/2014I can always find something great on the menu. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable of what they serve. It's a great place to go with my mom, boyfriend and afterwork .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never failsjomommaDined on 8/30/2014Kona never fails with great food, quenching beverages and excellent service!Special Features:
- Fun and TastytksmdDined on 8/30/2014Pork tenderloin and ahi tuna entree's were very good. Sushi also very good as was the cucumber salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a vice nice place to dine.Bigbaby5Dined on 8/30/2014We love it. Happy Hour was good, the service was nice, not a long wait.Special Features: