Kona Grill - Troy
30 E Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48083Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 2486199060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:00am-11:00pm Fri-Sat 11:00am-Midnight Sunday 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Troy
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Kona Grill - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Kona Grill - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (52)special occasion (50)great for lunch (48)great for outdoor dining (46)hot spot (45)fit for foodies (41)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (31)late-night find (27)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The service was wonderful! Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, service was good. Slightly limited menu, but has something in most categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJimJDined on 9/5/2014Great service, great food. Always something good to eat there. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Go to placeQuboDined on 8/30/2014I can always find something great on the menu. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable of what they serve. It's a great place to go with my mom, boyfriend and afterwork .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never failsjomommaDined on 8/30/2014Kona never fails with great food, quenching beverages and excellent service!Special Features:
- Fun and TastytksmdDined on 8/30/2014Pork tenderloin and ahi tuna entree's were very good. Sushi also very good as was the cucumber salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a vice nice place to dine.Bigbaby5Dined on 8/30/2014We love it. Happy Hour was good, the service was nice, not a long wait.Special Features:
- great foodgreatseabassDined on 8/29/2014our waitress was wonderful and the food was great and making reservations we didn't have to wait. I come here especially for the sea bassSpecial Features:
- Good selection of foodChelsDined on 8/25/2014Love the variety of food. Sushi, sandwiches, drinks--very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusanDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing. Best dinner I have had in a very long time, and reasonably priced too! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 8/21/2014Loved Kona Grill in the past. This time there were fruit flies buzzing around our table the entire time. They moved us but, the flies came, too. There was a big in our soup as well. The manager was awesome - he apologized and deducted money from our final bill. Still, not the experience we had come accustomed to. Not sure if we will return - so disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLove2dineDined on 8/15/2014I have been here few times and every time the food was awesome. Staff is great and very friendly. Recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too, too loud!grendelVIPDined on 8/14/2014I realize that the sound of high-pitched laughter, babies crying, and loud toasts from a table of 12, is a sign of a popular restaurant. My husband and I, seated in a booth, had to scream in order to carry on any kind of conversation. We finally gave up. The food was ok. The potstickers were too crispy for my taste, the salad was drenched in dressing--my chicken entree was fine. Our server was excellent, but there was nothing to do done about the noise and confusion and chaotic nature of the restaurant. We won't be back. Oh yes, my husband's sushi was outstanding. Maybe sushi is the way to go at Kona Grill. If you can stand the noise!Special Features:
- Great food/service as alwaysMalloryDined on 8/12/2014Overall great experience. The macadamia nut chicken is the best! We were a little disappointed that they were out of the sea bass but the salmon was a delicious substitute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a new hostessrickDined on 8/12/2014Dinner was amazing. Server was excellent. The only thing was the host who sat us down looked very unpleasant, unhappy, and did not say one word to us such as "come this way" or anything when we even sat down. She was very awkward and started the dinner out not positive especially since it was the first dining experience for two of my friends. Luckily we got an awesome server which made the experience better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Great sushi, loved the angry edamame and the cucumber salad too. Service from Lisa was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona USED TO BE GoodRadiantRachelDined on 8/7/2014Everyone came out in an excited mood for a good night and everyone left unhappy because the service was terrible. 45 minutes to get our first drinks, including water, the alcoholic drinks were watered down and it was an hour and a half to get food.Special Features:
- Another good lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Continually come for lunch as we love the food and today was no exception. Staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Food was a bit slow in coming which was not normal but excellent when it did.Special Features:
- Loud, but greatbilllikestoeatDined on 8/5/2014We visited Kona Grill for a family celebration, the food was awesome, the waitress and manager were very attentive to our needs, and it was a wonderful evening. The noise level made visiting with each other a bit difficult. We had a child with us, and were delightfully surprised at the care and attention that went into her food preparation, including sculpting an orange into an animal shape. We were a little surprised at the crowd for a Tuesday night, which made parking for some in our party problematic.Special Features:
- DeliciousChanelDined on 8/2/2014Tasteful and delicious! Service was great, drinks were great! Greater upon entry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fav for the SushiDinerGalourDined on 7/24/2014Love the Sushi cut @ Kona & the Volcano "roll", though not as spicy as noted, was superb. The down side... Way too noisy. Fun place for bar life & large groups, but if you're hoping for table conversation, forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vosselerDined on 7/24/2014The noise level is positively unreal. I really do not know how people can go there and expect to carry on a meaningful conversationl. I would never go there on a business luncheon nor would I ever take friends there for dinner if conversation were to be a part of the evening. It turns out to be a shouting match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun timeAnnieDined on 7/20/2014we celebrated our daughters 40 th birthday at Kona Grill....it was a beautiful evening, the waitress was great.....they even brought Amy a birthday dessert....was a fun timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014The food at Kona Grill was delicious and the service was great! This was our first time (for everyone at the table) at Kona and we were all very impressed and would definitely eat there again. We were there for lunch on a Sunday, so it was quiet and not very busy yet. Our server was very friendly. I am looking forward to having dinner there very soon with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with friendsGB0212Dined on 7/18/2014Met up here for a girls night out and we had a great time! The service was impeccable and so was the food! It was a little pricier than I anticipated but other than that it was GREAT!Special Features:
- Great food....but too loudmary34meDined on 7/15/2014If you want excellent food AND conversation it is best to be seated outside. We were in the main dining room and felt like we were yelling to each other to be heard.Special Features:
- averagetjdrikerDined on 7/13/2014I took my two daughters out for a Sunday dinner. the place wasn't very busy but service was slow. It seemed like it forever to get our meal. I spent $80...many more options on Big Beaver road to choose from. I won't be heading back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Best in Townluv2eatsushiDined on 7/12/2014Love this place, our favorite place to go! Sushi is the best in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7/11 girl's nightKonaGr8Dined on 7/11/2014we had patio seating about 11 girls. Manager resolved an issue quickly which was great. Waitress was nice but it was all too much; for a large group it's prob best to have two waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skb1Dined on 7/11/2014The food was delicious, especially the guacamole spring rolls and sea bass. Our server was friendly, accommodating and happy to please! We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona Grill...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014was excellent as always. Food was cooked as ordered. Well presented we highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We will return!Runyan1700Dined on 7/9/2014First time at Kona but we will return to this local gem! Food & Service Great! Check out the Broccoli & Chicken Stir fry and to die for brownie/ice cream desert...enough for 4. Weds wine special best time to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DelightFoodfanDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner with our family. A very attentive waiter too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TemptationsingTreValeDined on 6/30/2014Kona Grill never disappoints. The food was delicious & the server was pleasant. Our waitress recommended the "Temptation Roll" which was not on the menu & it was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDIIVIPDined on 6/29/2014Consistently good food and service. Oriental salad is a favorite pick along with their sushi rolls. Had a difficult time hearing my guest during conversation because the music was a bit loud and it was not a busy night. Overall still one of my favorite go-to places for a nice, casual and tasty experience with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice, good drinks, loudfoodieDined on 6/25/2014Enjoyed our dinner here, except for the overcooked, tasteless calamariSpecial Features:
- Yum!AngelaF622Dined on 6/21/2014Celebrated my birthday here. They can easily accommodate a group of 8-10, which I like! Our server and food was great!Special Features:
- Great for all occasionsquadmanDined on 6/20/2014This is a place that has great food and service, the only problem was one person steak was cook incorrect but they took care of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!4foodiesDined on 6/19/2014This is the second time we have been to Kona Grill on Big Beaver in Troy. The service is fantastic & food wonderful! My husband & daughters love the sushi, but there is something for everyone on the menu.Special Features:
- EhhhhSugarHighDined on 6/18/2014I'd been to kona a few years and remembered not being very thrilled by it but I decided to try again- bad idea. Once we got in we were seated right away, but it took out waiter 10 minutes to even greet us. We ordered a bottle of wine and ten minutes later it arrived. The wine was delicious, the 15 fruit flies around the table landing on my food and wine were not delicious, it actually ruined the meal. We tried to ignore them but that wasn't an option either because there was a swarm. The waiter was not very attentive and only stopped to take our order and drop off the bill. The manager stopped by but we were ready to leave at that point.Special Features: