Kona Grill - Troy
30 E Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48083Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 2486199060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:00am-11:00pm Fri-Sat 11:00am-Midnight Sunday 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Troy
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Kona Grill - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Kona Grill - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (56)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (49)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (35)romantic (28)late-night find (28)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Kona night outammdivaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful dinner, service was excellent. My husband and I spilt an appetizer and entree, and I love when a restaurant will actually split the entree and put it on two seperate plates for us.Special Features:
- open tablefoodie337Dined on 10/14/2014Made a reservation last minute on open table. Seated right away, great server, great appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrcristDined on 10/10/2014This was a wonderful dinner with my employees. Twice a year we chose a resturaunt in the area to dine at in celebration of a great team we have at our company. All of the ladies said that this place by far was the best yet. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Food and service mehieatfoodDined on 10/8/2014For the prices, the quality of the food and the service really stunk. The hostess stood there and talked to an employee, looked at as, talked some more, then finally came over to greet us. Our server seemed frantic, though they weren't that busy. She would drop something off at our table and leave without saying a word before we had a chance to ask for anything! My fiancé's sushi didn't look or taste fresh. That being said... Not sure that we'll hurry back here.Special Features:
- Good but....SusanDined on 10/7/2014For a business lunch this is a great place. Both entrees were served quickly but both orders were wrong. The manager was gracious and apologized. Maybe the runner didn't check.Special Features:
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful meal. Everything tasted great. We enjoyed ourselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveditbutDined on 10/3/2014The only complaint or concern, too loud. Could not carry a conversation without talking very loud. Food, service, attention to our children was exemplary. The noise level was very disconcerning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014Great atmosphere Monday night. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- satisfieddisappointedVIPDined on 9/29/2014Kona was great! It pretty much always is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentafoodiesheavenDined on 9/28/2014This was a great experience for our first time dining there. Kona Grill has a variety of great tasting food with a lovely atmosphere!!Special Features:
- Good area choiceTroycoupleDined on 9/27/2014Good sushi, great salads, price increase like $19 for 2 slices of Macadamia Nut Chicken and deleting some items from the menu ie: Pan Asain Noodles will make me look at other choices before choosing Kona. Been a customer since day one.Special Features:
- Always consistentMitchVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place, food and ambiance. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKoutaboutDined on 9/27/2014I have heard so much rave about this place but I wasn't blown away. I ordered Hot Sake and it was served cold. We got our food a few minutes after our soup and salads. Way too many plates on table. I ordered Sushi because that's what they are known for but it was just ok.Special Features:
- everything was just... ok...icemanDined on 9/27/2014Our service was only 2 stars I believe the girl at Subway helped me better. for a fine dining restaurant it was more noisy then a raging night club the prices for food To portion size is horrible I would give it 2 stars. food flavor was very good. 4 stars sushi was amazing love those Vegas Rolls. Overall for the amount of high end dining establishments me and my wife visit. We should have went to leo's coney island. Instead at least there it's quiet and with the money we would have saved well who knows what the night would bring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go during happy hourCharnedVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've been here twice now: once for happy hour with my friends, and once for dinner with my family. Go during happy hour. The food is so-so (delightfully plated, I will concede), but well worth the happy hour prices. In fact, it may be the best happy hour in Troy. If you do go during dinner, get a salad to share for the table. The chopped salads at Kona are ACTUALLY chopped, which is a nice treat (not having to force a 3-inch piece of lettuce into your mouth like you're folding vegetable origami with your teeth). I gave service three stars because the dinner waiter gave us sass for not ordering obesity-inducing amounts of food, and forgot to refill our water before dessert. Happy hour service on the patio was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Awesome sushiMalloryDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic service and food as always! My only complaint would be that we always request a high chair in the special accommodations section and they never read it until we get there and have a table that would accommodate a high chair available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favoriteleligDined on 9/24/2014It's always a good time at Kona Grill. The food and drinks are amazing and service is great. Recent change to the menu though left me feeling sad, bring back the sweet and spicy shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerGalourDined on 9/22/2014One of my favorite sushi stops. Always fresh cut and the speciality rolls are extremely well done.Special Features:
- KathyGDined on 9/20/2014Food here is usually outstanding. However, this time my friend's meatloaf was obviously quite burnt on the outside. I was truly surprised that the kitchen sent it to our table. We complained, and received a total new lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great management & staffcityhopperDined on 9/17/2014Greeted immediately, seated early. Waitress was friendly and personable (ask for Corinna!). Manager Barry Zilan was on the floor and helping not to mention even joined us for a few minutes to talk and see how it all was going. Great spot for work groups or family dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The service was wonderful! Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good, service was good. Slightly limited menu, but has something in most categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJimJDined on 9/5/2014Great service, great food. Always something good to eat there. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Go to placeQuboDined on 8/30/2014I can always find something great on the menu. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable of what they serve. It's a great place to go with my mom, boyfriend and afterwork .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never failsjomommaDined on 8/30/2014Kona never fails with great food, quenching beverages and excellent service!Special Features:
- Fun and TastytksmdDined on 8/30/2014Pork tenderloin and ahi tuna entree's were very good. Sushi also very good as was the cucumber salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a vice nice place to dine.Bigbaby5Dined on 8/30/2014We love it. Happy Hour was good, the service was nice, not a long wait.Special Features:
- great foodgreatseabassDined on 8/29/2014our waitress was wonderful and the food was great and making reservations we didn't have to wait. I come here especially for the sea bassSpecial Features:
- Good selection of foodChelsDined on 8/25/2014Love the variety of food. Sushi, sandwiches, drinks--very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusanDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing. Best dinner I have had in a very long time, and reasonably priced too! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 8/21/2014Loved Kona Grill in the past. This time there were fruit flies buzzing around our table the entire time. They moved us but, the flies came, too. There was a big in our soup as well. The manager was awesome - he apologized and deducted money from our final bill. Still, not the experience we had come accustomed to. Not sure if we will return - so disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLove2dineDined on 8/15/2014I have been here few times and every time the food was awesome. Staff is great and very friendly. Recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too, too loud!grendelVIPDined on 8/14/2014I realize that the sound of high-pitched laughter, babies crying, and loud toasts from a table of 12, is a sign of a popular restaurant. My husband and I, seated in a booth, had to scream in order to carry on any kind of conversation. We finally gave up. The food was ok. The potstickers were too crispy for my taste, the salad was drenched in dressing--my chicken entree was fine. Our server was excellent, but there was nothing to do done about the noise and confusion and chaotic nature of the restaurant. We won't be back. Oh yes, my husband's sushi was outstanding. Maybe sushi is the way to go at Kona Grill. If you can stand the noise!Special Features:
- Great food/service as alwaysMalloryDined on 8/12/2014Overall great experience. The macadamia nut chicken is the best! We were a little disappointed that they were out of the sea bass but the salmon was a delicious substitute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a new hostessrickDined on 8/12/2014Dinner was amazing. Server was excellent. The only thing was the host who sat us down looked very unpleasant, unhappy, and did not say one word to us such as "come this way" or anything when we even sat down. She was very awkward and started the dinner out not positive especially since it was the first dining experience for two of my friends. Luckily we got an awesome server which made the experience better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Great sushi, loved the angry edamame and the cucumber salad too. Service from Lisa was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona USED TO BE GoodRadiantRachelDined on 8/7/2014Everyone came out in an excited mood for a good night and everyone left unhappy because the service was terrible. 45 minutes to get our first drinks, including water, the alcoholic drinks were watered down and it was an hour and a half to get food.Special Features:
- Another good lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Continually come for lunch as we love the food and today was no exception. Staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Food was a bit slow in coming which was not normal but excellent when it did.Special Features:
- Loud, but greatbilllikestoeatDined on 8/5/2014We visited Kona Grill for a family celebration, the food was awesome, the waitress and manager were very attentive to our needs, and it was a wonderful evening. The noise level made visiting with each other a bit difficult. We had a child with us, and were delightfully surprised at the care and attention that went into her food preparation, including sculpting an orange into an animal shape. We were a little surprised at the crowd for a Tuesday night, which made parking for some in our party problematic.Special Features:
- DeliciousChanelDined on 8/2/2014Tasteful and delicious! Service was great, drinks were great! Greater upon entry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.