Kona Grill - Tampa
4134 W. Boy Scout Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 8138775938
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Tampa
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service & a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, & Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Kona Grill - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Kona Grill - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (45)great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (40)special occasion (38)vibrant bar scene (27)fit for foodies (27)hot spot (21)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (17)scenic view (16)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (11)Show More
- Great Place!!!kajoDined on 8/17/2014Have been there 2x and both times the staff, service and food was wonderful!!! My new go to place!!!!!Special Features:
- A+ SERVICE + MENUmadonnaDined on 8/11/2014As always, Kona Grill was an amazing lunch experience with a very friendly, and knowledgeable server. The food was spectacular.Special Features:
- Food & Service is Outstandingluv2dineDined on 8/7/2014Great place to dine. Be sure to try their sake sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerPaulDined on 8/2/2014First time at Kona....it is not a "warm" restaurant due to the bare floors ,but if you are seating in a booth ,it is much better...the service was great ...the food was very good...I definitely want to go back and to give it an other "review"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumFoodieAtHeartDined on 8/2/2014The pan-seared Ahi was cooked to perfection. The fish with the sweet-chili sauce was a delicious combination. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, service could be betternapavalleyusDined on 7/26/2014Kona Grill was great. The food is second to none in the Tampa Bay Area. The service was slow. Took longer than usual to get drinks/ food. It seemed like our waitress was scrambling to cover all of her tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014My wife loved the wide variety of the menu selections....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soDJACDined on 7/24/2014Food was okay. Service was slow. We had aparty of 7, and courses came out at irregular times, so we were not eating at the same time. Not the best experience.
- Fun place to eat with friendsmickonrunVIPDined on 7/24/2014The happy hour is from 3 til close so plan to get some food and drinks from the bar or outside patio tables before you head inside. Great prices and great food at happy hour. The service was good. We liked our server because she knew the menu really well. The manager checks on the tables and we enjoyed learning a little restaurant background from him. We would definitely return for some great sushi and Hawaiian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBornInCubaVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food was great as usual. The server was not as attentive due to a large party, but other co-workers picked up the slack. Get there early or get left out!Special Features:
- Great change of pacemb1031Dined on 7/19/2014Everything about our dinner was fantastic. The service, food selection and quality were all extraordinary! We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed. I would highly recommend if you are looking for something different than the traditional steak or seafood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Overall, had a fantastic experience during my lunch meeting with clientele..Website is informative with complete menu card and provision for table booking.. Late rescheduling of table well taken care of, through online.Special Features:
- AverageLhf29Dined on 7/15/2014Mediocre service and pricey but Mediocre sushi, also because of the outdoor setup, there were bugs and flies pestering us at our table even though we sat in the dining room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was my second time at Kona Grill and the food was as great this time as the first. Our server was also friendly and attentive to our needs. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service stood outBornInCubaVIPDined on 7/10/2014I've been to Kona many times. The fish is always fresh and the salads are large and filling. The service this time was outstanding. Our server, Patty, was really pleasant, very attentive and had a string knowledge of the menu, making excellent recommendations for this visit. Looking forward to a return visit, with Patty as our server.Special Features:
- Awesome service. Great eats.AnonymousDined on 7/3/2014Love this place. Great service. Food is excellent. Sushi, salads, etc. Salmon salad is insanely good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I dined at the Kona Grill this Saturday. The Sushi was fresh and the service was great. We will definitely dine at The Kona Grill again!
- ...Eh, could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014First time here and expected it to be a wonderful experience however, first trying to find the main entrance was a joke since the doors in the front are in fact, not doors to be used - you have to go to the right side of the building. The hostess station was more like a chit chat spot and came off very unprofessional. The waitress was sweet and I say this because all she could do is smile. She was unbelievably slow to take orders, bring drinks, food - heck, to show up at all it was waiting what felt like an eternity; even for the check. I ordered the pepperoni flatbread and they not only brought it to me cold but it didn't have any pepperoni. The spiced apple bread pudding was served cold and not warm like advertised.Special Features:
- Very AverageAvidDinerDined on 6/21/2014I went to Kona Grill with a group of friends. None of us had been there before. The restaurant was almost completely empty. It's suppose to be an open restaurant with the bar windows open and outdoor seating, but realize it's the middle of the summer in Florida!!! We arrived at 7:00 and almost left after drinks because it was just too hot to eat a full meal. We moved further to the back and had them put on more air and then it was livable. The service was ok but very pushy to move along and order, which was surprising since the place was empty. It's not as if they needed the table. The food was very average according to all six of us in my party.
- Typical big chainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014Good and efficient service. Small over priced portions
- Great food - great serviceSouthTampaReviewVIPDined on 6/20/2014I love the food at Kona. It's always good and management is always nearby if there is anything disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Nice AtmospherethedinerDined on 6/19/2014If you want a place to go for a little more upscale and not to bad on your wallet, choose this place. Great food and reasonable price.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!!!kajoDined on 6/15/2014Don't miss out...the food and service is WONDERFUL!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona is Great!TonyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Kona Grill is a extremely solid Tampa restaurant. Great value, excellent food and great service. If you enjoy good sushi, this is your place as well. Excellent Place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Customer ServiceBurnedDined on 6/12/2014I've been to Kona Grills in other venues but this was the worse experience I've ever had. We're were a group of 15 people sitting outdoors and although there were two umbrellas available to help shade the sun, we were not allowed to use them. Not even the manager was helpful.No need to dine again and spend money at a restaurant that doesn't care about their patrons.Special Features:
- Kona GrillLhollandDined on 6/5/2014Great food, excellent service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyKathyVIPDined on 6/4/2014The food is always good and the menu has a nice variety....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi and Happy HourJessicaSDined on 6/3/2014Met a girlfriend for dinner in the middle of the week here. Great for Happy hour and the sushi was very fresh. Lots of specials during the week as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT IMPRESSEDFladiverDined on 5/23/2014Ok, I have been here a couple of time for happy hour and the drinks were very good and so were some of the appetizers. However, my first time actually eating dinner there was far less than I anticipated. Not only was it very loud, my mother never got her food and it took the manager 3x of the waitress asking him to come over before he finally did. He did give my mom her food for free, but it would have been nice to actually eat together. Also, the chicken I had was dry and not much flavor. Maybe it was a bad night, but I think I will stick to happy hour at this place.
- Great First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Took my wife for a night out. Great service and great food. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Book Group Night Out :)Foodie2delishDined on 5/23/2014Best venue for us gals to have our gather celebration. Comfortable, Fun and Fabulous! :). Everyone's entree and fancy drinks were DELISH! :). Service by Chloe was Awesome! She made us feel welcomed and felt like she cared for us and serving us with a Great attitude and smile! Which makes our experience pleasant! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but not the lastfuntimeaddictDined on 5/17/2014Totally enjoyed our first visit to Kona. Excellent server, very knowledgeable about the menu, very friendly and extremely helpful. Food was delicious. Our party felt very relaxed, not rushed into any decisions. Yes, I recommend Kona to everyone.Special Features:
- Great foodChrisVIPDined on 5/16/2014Excellent lunch with excellent service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Ok service and ok foodJen12973Dined on 5/14/2014We went on a Wednesday to enjoy the "Wine Down Wednesdays". It was a nice crowd. The service was not great for the amount of people that were actually at tables and not at the bar. The Pad Thai was not very good at all. It was very dry and unflavorful. The macadamia nut pie was INCREDIBLE though and the company was great. I would recommend to go to the bar but I don't think I would recommend the food.
- Happy hour deals and more!foodiecutieVIPDined on 5/14/2014I usually don't like to dine at chain restaurants but this one has exceeded my expectations in terms of the quality and taste of the food. I have been for both happy hour dining and regular dining. In both cases, the food and drinks have been great. Recommend: - Miso glazed sea bass: Full of flavor and the sea bass was super moist and flaky - Crab crunch roll: Cucumber "wrapper" instead of seaweed makes this roll super refreshing Tip: All bottles of wine is half off on Wednesday nights.Special Features:
- Not just SushiRobDDined on 5/11/2014Steaks and kid's meals were also tasty. Service was excellent and atmosphere was a great mixture of sports bar/fine dining. I had the Hawaiian Ribeye and the marinade was a beautiful take on the best cut of meat in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceSuzieqDined on 5/11/2014So enjoyed eating here for Mother's Day. It was the second year in a row and we plan to go back often! Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotRevLindsayDined on 5/11/2014This was a great spot for Mother's Day. My mom is very frugal so it was perfect to have good food at reasonable prices while still making her feel that it was a special occasion. I love their sushi. My dad loved the meatloaf and my mom really enjoyed the turkey and Brie sandwich. Just a warning - the desserts are very large and should probably be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseBigomanVIPDined on 5/11/2014I had eaten at Kona Grill previously and didn't necessarily think it would be a great place for a Mother's Day lunch; I was wrong. Our server, Steven, made great suggestions and showed us just the right amount of attention. The food was delicious...I even tried my wife's salmon which I don't like, but this was definitely the best salmon I have ever had. Thanks for a wonderful lunch experience...we will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable RestaurantEnjoyableVIPDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner here on Sat night. Server was very good and the salmon entree was outstanding. Grouper fish dinner was not very good though.....dry with no real taste. One big disappointment for us was lack of better wines by the glass......a French Chardonnay as well as French and Italian Red wines should be offered....not everyone likes domestic wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.