Kona Grill - Tampa
4134 W. Boy Scout Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 8138775938
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Tampa
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service & a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, & Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Kona Grill - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Kona Grill - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (41)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (37)special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (29)fit for foodies (25)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (16)romantic (14)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (10)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I reserved a table for my boyfriend and I for is birthday. Dining here was a first for the both of us. I was looking for a nice place to take him that he had never been before & their website caught my eye. I don't like the fact that you have to sit outside or at the bar to participate in their happy hour specials. It was very noisy and hot outside and crowed at the bar. It would have been nice to be able to order specials while we dined at our quiet, romantic table. Anyway, the staff is nice and flexible. The manager came to our table to check on us. He made an exception & honored two coupons I received from the company as a birthday gift although our server initially told us they couldn't be combined. I would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retiree Luncheon for 20HappyRetireesDined on 9/8/2014The service was outstanding. We had three servers since one was being trained. And they all did a great job! The food was very good and the area was perfect. Most retirees had not been to this restaurant and everyone was very happy with my selection for this event. The perfect pairs was a popular item to select from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of food!RoadWarriorDined on 9/7/2014I was very impressed with the menu they had - there is something for everybody here! We went during lunch hours on a Sunday (right before a football game at that) and immediately noticed how dead the place was. That did not mean that our service level decreased any - our server was very attentive! I had ordered a Caesar salad and asked to remove the croutons - he had said that he thought there weren't and didn't note that down on the order. Right before the food came out he actually stopped by and asked if I had a gluten allergy because there were croutons and he wanted to make sure because they were going to remake the salad if I was. It is this kind of service that has made me a repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff made this place awesomeKat5155Dined on 8/31/2014We sat at the bar for dinner recently and the bartneders were fantastic. Were personable, knowledgable about the menu, great with the drinks. The sushi we ordered was fantastic and the shrimp pasta I had was amazing. Highly reccomend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!RikrstrongDined on 8/30/2014My company had a special celebration and a friend recommended Kona Grill. We were beyond satisfied with our experience! Great atmosphere, friendly staff, server was very knowledgeable with the menu. And the food was outstanding!!! We couldn't have picked a better restaurant for our celebration!! Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationFSUrn2004Dined on 8/29/2014We had a party of 12 and they were very accommodating and helpful. The atmosphere was great and the food was amazing! Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- First TimeLGTPADined on 8/29/2014First time dining at Kona Grill. Overall experience was good. Very vibrant atmosphere and the food was good, nothing special however. Service was the only downside, a little slow.Special Features:
- Good food; too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food was good but the noise level was not conducive for a small group. We had four at a booth and finally had to leave because we could not hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSmithDined on 8/23/2014Clearly a good place to meet friends but also an easy place to bring kids. Wonderful kids meals for a reasonable price. Food a great, wine choices are great. Fun night out!Special Features:
- Great Place!!!kajoDined on 8/17/2014Have been there 2x and both times the staff, service and food was wonderful!!! My new go to place!!!!!Special Features:
- A+ SERVICE + MENUmadonnaDined on 8/11/2014As always, Kona Grill was an amazing lunch experience with a very friendly, and knowledgeable server. The food was spectacular.Special Features:
- Food & Service is Outstandingluv2dineDined on 8/7/2014Great place to dine. Be sure to try their sake sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerPaulDined on 8/2/2014First time at Kona....it is not a "warm" restaurant due to the bare floors ,but if you are seating in a booth ,it is much better...the service was great ...the food was very good...I definitely want to go back and to give it an other "review"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumFoodieAtHeartDined on 8/2/2014The pan-seared Ahi was cooked to perfection. The fish with the sweet-chili sauce was a delicious combination. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, service could be betternapavalleyusDined on 7/26/2014Kona Grill was great. The food is second to none in the Tampa Bay Area. The service was slow. Took longer than usual to get drinks/ food. It seemed like our waitress was scrambling to cover all of her tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014My wife loved the wide variety of the menu selections....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soDJACDined on 7/24/2014Food was okay. Service was slow. We had aparty of 7, and courses came out at irregular times, so we were not eating at the same time. Not the best experience.
- Fun place to eat with friendsmickonrunVIPDined on 7/24/2014The happy hour is from 3 til close so plan to get some food and drinks from the bar or outside patio tables before you head inside. Great prices and great food at happy hour. The service was good. We liked our server because she knew the menu really well. The manager checks on the tables and we enjoyed learning a little restaurant background from him. We would definitely return for some great sushi and Hawaiian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBornInCubaVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food was great as usual. The server was not as attentive due to a large party, but other co-workers picked up the slack. Get there early or get left out!Special Features:
- Great change of pacemb1031Dined on 7/19/2014Everything about our dinner was fantastic. The service, food selection and quality were all extraordinary! We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed. I would highly recommend if you are looking for something different than the traditional steak or seafood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Overall, had a fantastic experience during my lunch meeting with clientele..Website is informative with complete menu card and provision for table booking.. Late rescheduling of table well taken care of, through online.Special Features:
- AverageLhf29Dined on 7/15/2014Mediocre service and pricey but Mediocre sushi, also because of the outdoor setup, there were bugs and flies pestering us at our table even though we sat in the dining room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was my second time at Kona Grill and the food was as great this time as the first. Our server was also friendly and attentive to our needs. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service stood outBornInCubaVIPDined on 7/10/2014I've been to Kona many times. The fish is always fresh and the salads are large and filling. The service this time was outstanding. Our server, Patty, was really pleasant, very attentive and had a string knowledge of the menu, making excellent recommendations for this visit. Looking forward to a return visit, with Patty as our server.Special Features:
- Awesome service. Great eats.AnonymousDined on 7/3/2014Love this place. Great service. Food is excellent. Sushi, salads, etc. Salmon salad is insanely good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I dined at the Kona Grill this Saturday. The Sushi was fresh and the service was great. We will definitely dine at The Kona Grill again!
- ...Eh, could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014First time here and expected it to be a wonderful experience however, first trying to find the main entrance was a joke since the doors in the front are in fact, not doors to be used - you have to go to the right side of the building. The hostess station was more like a chit chat spot and came off very unprofessional. The waitress was sweet and I say this because all she could do is smile. She was unbelievably slow to take orders, bring drinks, food - heck, to show up at all it was waiting what felt like an eternity; even for the check. I ordered the pepperoni flatbread and they not only brought it to me cold but it didn't have any pepperoni. The spiced apple bread pudding was served cold and not warm like advertised.Special Features:
- Very AverageAvidDinerDined on 6/21/2014I went to Kona Grill with a group of friends. None of us had been there before. The restaurant was almost completely empty. It's suppose to be an open restaurant with the bar windows open and outdoor seating, but realize it's the middle of the summer in Florida!!! We arrived at 7:00 and almost left after drinks because it was just too hot to eat a full meal. We moved further to the back and had them put on more air and then it was livable. The service was ok but very pushy to move along and order, which was surprising since the place was empty. It's not as if they needed the table. The food was very average according to all six of us in my party.
- Typical big chainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014Good and efficient service. Small over priced portions
- Great food - great serviceSouthTampaReviewVIPDined on 6/20/2014I love the food at Kona. It's always good and management is always nearby if there is anything disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Nice AtmospherethedinerDined on 6/19/2014If you want a place to go for a little more upscale and not to bad on your wallet, choose this place. Great food and reasonable price.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!!!kajoDined on 6/15/2014Don't miss out...the food and service is WONDERFUL!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona is Great!TonyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Kona Grill is a extremely solid Tampa restaurant. Great value, excellent food and great service. If you enjoy good sushi, this is your place as well. Excellent Place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Customer ServiceBurnedDined on 6/12/2014I've been to Kona Grills in other venues but this was the worse experience I've ever had. We're were a group of 15 people sitting outdoors and although there were two umbrellas available to help shade the sun, we were not allowed to use them. Not even the manager was helpful.No need to dine again and spend money at a restaurant that doesn't care about their patrons.Special Features:
- Kona GrillLhollandDined on 6/5/2014Great food, excellent service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyKathyVIPDined on 6/4/2014The food is always good and the menu has a nice variety....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi and Happy HourJessicaSDined on 6/3/2014Met a girlfriend for dinner in the middle of the week here. Great for Happy hour and the sushi was very fresh. Lots of specials during the week as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT IMPRESSEDFladiverVIPDined on 5/23/2014Ok, I have been here a couple of time for happy hour and the drinks were very good and so were some of the appetizers. However, my first time actually eating dinner there was far less than I anticipated. Not only was it very loud, my mother never got her food and it took the manager 3x of the waitress asking him to come over before he finally did. He did give my mom her food for free, but it would have been nice to actually eat together. Also, the chicken I had was dry and not much flavor. Maybe it was a bad night, but I think I will stick to happy hour at this place.
- Great First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Took my wife for a night out. Great service and great food. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Book Group Night Out :)Foodie2delishDined on 5/23/2014Best venue for us gals to have our gather celebration. Comfortable, Fun and Fabulous! :). Everyone's entree and fancy drinks were DELISH! :). Service by Chloe was Awesome! She made us feel welcomed and felt like she cared for us and serving us with a Great attitude and smile! Which makes our experience pleasant! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 469 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Tampa reviews archive.