Kona Grill - Omaha
295 North 170th Street
Village Pointe Shopping Center
Omaha, NE 68118Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Omaha
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (402) 779-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am-11:00pm (3-7pm regular Happy Hour & 9-11pm Reverse Happy Hour) Friday 11Am-Midnight (3-7 regular Happy Hour &10PM-Midnight Reverse Happy Hour) Saturday 11AM-Midnight (1-5 regular Happy Hour & 10PM-Midnight Reverse Happy Hour) Sunday 11AM-10PM (No happy hour)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Omaha
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Kona Grill - Omaha - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Kona Grill - Omaha reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (11)romantic (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- What HappendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I come here often, but this time was just not good. When we arrived not many people were in the restaurant and we ordered drinks when we sat down. It took over 20 minutes before I had to ask another waiter where they were. Finally the drinks arrived as our appetizer was getting to the table (which I don't know about other people but when I order a martini I would like to finish it before my food arrives). Then our actual food took forever to arrive and the same with our next round of drinks. Again very disappointed in this visit.
- Great group outing placeeatouttoomuchVIPDined on 8/26/2014The new gouda fondue is amazing. The temptation roll not so much.Special Features:
- Good but not amazing...luvfoodDined on 8/13/2014The drinks and appetizers were unique and very tasty! The dinner was pretty to look at but very bland in comparison to other restaurants that we have dined. We were celebrating our anniversary and it was very loud and hard to have a conversation over the noise. We would return to Kona Grill but only for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fruit FlysReneeDined on 8/8/2014We were seated on time and the host staff was very friendly. We were seated at a booth on the northwest corner of the dining area. We noted a foul smell in our area that faded in and out. I ordered a salad item with fresh strawberries. While eating my salad, I frequently noted small fruit flys hovering in our booth. This was the first time we had ever experienced issues at Kona regarding the cleanliness of the establishment.Special Features:
- Almost Perfect!dyin2findclassyDined on 8/2/2014The food and drinks were remarkable. I highly recommend the Ahi Tuna or ribeye. ..excellent sushi as well. My only complaint is that people could try just a little bit to let some people enjoy a nice evening in a nice restaurant without turning it into a McDonald's. Kona should tighten the dress code a bit. I don't need to see a dudes hairy pits when I am trying to have a nice meal...baseball caps? At $25-30/ plate, I should be able to enjoy the atmosphere. Otherwise, the place was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy place to dineLindalouDined on 7/18/2014I had not been to Koma for a long time and there are plenty of other restaurants I could dine at. It was so noisy that I could hardly hear the person next to me. The service was ok but started really badly. The waiter was much better as the night went along but there was a definite issue in the beginning. The food was good but more expensive than a lot of restaurant of similar quality. We will not return for dinner but stick to lunch. It is a fun, nice restaurant but it feels like something with management and staff needs some fine tuning.Special Features:
- Had a Great time!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Was there for a Girls Nite out and all of us had a Blast!!!!! food, wine and service was all great and had a great time....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star restaurantKonalver77Dined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is absolutely incredible! The food was outstanding, the service was amazing, and the overall beauty of the restaurant was fantastic! I would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but goodLVFoodieDined on 7/12/2014The service was so-so, but the food was excellent. The atmosphere was very loud, but there was also a concert going on in the area and it was a Saturday evening also. I can't complain - we enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Attentive staffrealnurseDined on 7/11/2014We ate at Kona for a family celebration. The restaurant was very busy & noisy, but we were seated at a large booth in the corner & it was very cozy & quiet. The service was fast & very attentive. All of our meals were very good, with half ordering from the sushi menu. Everything was as we ordered and very good! Special mention to the Sea Bass & Flatbread Pizza, which were both exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeluvkonaDined on 7/8/2014I came to Kona Grill for my birthday dinner and had a great time. The waitress was nice, food was great, and the restaurant is friendly.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereFoodLoverNEDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I dined at Kona Grill recently. The food was very good (especially the sweet and spicy salmon) and their sushi rolls were excellent. As a non experienced sushi "orderer" I really appreciated the time that our server took to walk us through our choices. It was an excellent experience overall, and while it was a decent amount of money, I would absolutely dine there again! A special thanks to Flame for her outstanding service, front to back during our visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable favorite.sushiloverDined on 6/15/2014Made reservations for 10 for father's day and husband's birthday. They seated us in a private dining room and the waitress was very attentive. Sushi is awesome for reasonable price. We made several special requests which they accommodated readily. Been to Happy Hour several times and atmosphere and pricing are super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014It was our sons 20th birthday and we had a wonderful time. The service was great and the food was spot on.Special Features:
- Far too rushed servicecidbliqDined on 6/8/2014Kona Grill gives all new meaning to the term "fast food". The service is so rushed that it feels like they're pushing you out the door as fast as they can. We ordered an appetizer, and it was delivered to our table (no kidding) two minutes later, before our drinks arrived. Even our waitress was surprised how quick it arrived. It wasn't hot in the middle, so we know it wasn't made fresh for us. About 3 minutes after ordering our main course our salads arrived. Then, our entrees showed up right afterwards. We'd been seated for exactly 15 minutes - and already we had our app, our salads, and our entrees. At 6:20 the check was dropped off. I hate spending $65 for dinner only to be given the bum's rush. It really was uncomfortable.
- Bad foodUnsatisfiedDined on 6/6/2014We had the Macadamia nut chicken and the chicken was so tough to the point we couldn't eat it. My husbands mashed potatoes were cold. We were with a large party so we didn't complain, but we will never eat there again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I wish your Reservations didn't only apply to your dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayDoneThatDined on 5/11/2014It had been a while since we visited Kona Grill - Omaha. Glad to see some new items on the menu. It was busy on Mothers Day but nothing unusual for the restaurant. Food was slow to come. We asked that our daughters kid meal come with the appetizer. Her meal did not come until after we (3 of us) received our meals. Food was okay - not warm enough - like it had sit in the kitchen for a while. Service was good but it seemed the kitchen was overwhelmed. Overall, not as good as previous visits.Special Features:
- The following 339 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Omaha reviews archive.
- great food, not so great cocktailsdiner43Dined on 5/3/2014food was delicious. nice presentation and cool environment. the cocktails were dissapointing. they were expensive and watered down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeGreatDined on 4/26/2014It's by far one of the best sushi places in town. Friendly service and is in a good enviornment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food was great and it was lovely eating by the open outside windowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner.SeattleVisitorDined on 4/25/2014We always enjoy dinner at the Kona Grill. The sushi is excellent.
- Exceptional DiningScottDined on 4/11/2014Creating an online reservation was fantastic and easy. Upon arrival, we were seated immediately (no waiting). The service was fast and enjoyable. We received a discount because we were celebrating our 30th Anniversary. I would recommend this to all my friends and co-workers. The waitress was very attentive to our every need, never once did we wait for drinks or food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Overall experience was ok. I had made reservations for 3. The third person was meeting us, so we decide to go ahead and sit down. When the third person showed up and spoke to the hostess asking where we were sitting, she said that we weren't they and asked if she wanted to cancel the reservation. My friend then said several times that she knew we were there and the hostess kept saying we were not. The hostess did not allow her to walk around the restaurant to find us, but was allowed to walk around the bar area. Eventually, she did get to sit down with us.Special Features:
- Get the Chicken!ReneeDined on 3/29/2014We had reservations for 745, arrived at 730 and were seated promptly. The macadmian chicken was excellent. Kona is the only place I order chicken and it's always perfect! I tried a coconut mojito and it was fine. The service was friendly and attentive without being annoying. Didn't get one but the desserts looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and attention to detaiGrandmaDined on 3/29/2014We were visiting from out of town and had enjoyed eating at the Kona in the Detroit area so we thought we'd try Kona Omaha. We were not disappointed! We had to change the time of our reservation and Kona staff were very happy to do that. The service was attentive, menu questions were answered, and even our person with dietary restrictions was made to feel welcome and appreciated. I can't say enough about the food. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed their entrees! Kona will not disappoint you!Special Features:
- GoodFoodGoodPeopleSmileMoreDined on 3/24/2014Amazing service and awesome food. Definitely going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fish in OmahaMikeGDined on 3/14/2014I had the seared Ahi and my wife had the tuna tower. Both were really good. We left room for desert......the Key lime pie. It was as good as I have had in Florida. Service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona was greatOut2eatDined on 3/8/2014Great for large groups, The varied menu choices made it easy for both kids and adults to find something they liked. Food was very good and the atmosphere relaxed --not rushed through the meal. A little pricey so save this for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fell a little shortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014There were 6 of us in a booth. Probably not the best for 6 adults. Also the main course food was just ok. Not good considering the price charged. I don't mind paying more if the food knocks my sox off... The main dishes did not. However the dessert did. We had Bread pudding and the carrot cake. Yum. Other than that I loved being able to do the online reservation and the waitress was good. Our group had a very nice evenng.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is great and it isl8klifeDined on 3/7/2014The food is great and it is a very popular place which makes for a loud environment. It is a great place to go and have a drink on the patio or a nice dinner with friends in the dinning room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDsushigirlDined on 3/7/2014We went to Kona Grill Friday night with reservations for 4. We had another person join our party, but the wait was less than 5 minutes, and we still got in before our 6:00 reservation. Friday night is not the time to dine, unless you are there for happy hour with loud friends. We were there to catch up with friends and enjoy a nice sushi meal with wine. The place was so loud we couldn't hear our own table talk. We informed. our waitress and the host who came by to check on our meal and both just shrugged it off to "that's how it is". Other than that the sushi and wine were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fun place to eatMaryDined on 3/1/2014Service was good, atmosphere was energetic, but the food was too salty.Special Features:
- Great night!Tim72Dined on 2/22/2014Made reservations the day before, 65 minute wait but my table was ready at my reserved time! Service was exceptional and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddatenight21Dined on 2/21/2014Nothing to go back for, sushi was worse than walmart or hyvee. Disappointment for night out for dinner. We ranked it as the worst dinner out ever. Disappointing.Special Features:
- v dayflipperDined on 2/14/2014very busy valentines day had to wait 20 min for reservation. food very good service also goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMisterDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to Kona. We did not know what exactly to expect when we went. It was every busy when we arrived and extremely noisy. Even though we were 10 minutes early for our reservation, the hostess apologized for being behind. Our waitress was very friendly and quick. My wife had their sushi and really enjoyed it. I had their Big Kahuna Burger with cheese and bacon. The burger was pretty good, not great though. The sushi was very good and presented well. The dessert with the butter cake and ice cream was very good. The noise level was high and it made it hard to have a conversation. The men's restroom was dirty and had a smell. The women's restroom was much cleaner. Those would be my only complaints about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back! :(luv2dineDined on 2/14/2014Its very sad when you make a reservation and you still have to wait more than half and hour and also awhile waiting there is no room in the lounge to sit. The staff doesn't tell us sorry or anything like that. Server was not that great we had to wait a long time just to get our drink refilled and she tried to let order the food faster.Special Features:
- Normally I like Kona a lotsbn67Dined on 2/14/2014Normally I like Kona a lot and do not have complaints. We had made reservations in advanced for 6pm since it was Valentines day. When we arrived (on time) we were informed that they were running "a bit behind" on reservations, when I asked how long she said they were currently sitting the 5:45 and then they would be sitting the other 6pm who arrived before us. We finally got seated around 6:40. When I looked around there were 3-4 tables open and remained open for another 15 minutes before anyone was sat there. I liked our waiter a lot, but he was definitely bombarded with tables. He was very personable and did give thoughts and suggestions to our menu. He did forget our sushi, and apologized many times. Food was warm not hot.Special Features:
- Great service, good food.joeshmoeDined on 2/14/2014Overall I was very impressed with our Valentine's dinner at Kona Grill. Every dish that came out to our table not only tasted fantastic, but was presented beautifully. Perhaps the only thing keeping this from a 5-star rating was my salmon. It was significantly drier than I would have preferred, but in the end was still enjoyable. As far as the service, they knocked it out of the park in my opinion. Our waitress was extremely friendly and made sure we were virtually never without drinks. Overall a very good experience; 'twas just a tad unfortunate I had a little bad luck on the salmon.