Kona Grill - Lincolnshire
940 Milwaukee Ave.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Lincolnshire
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (847) 955-1210
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily- 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm --- All Reservations made on OpenTable are regrettably for our dinning room only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Manager
A word from Kona Grill - Lincolnshire
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kona Grill - Lincolnshire reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Popular weekend go to place with familyD96D125Dined on 11/17/2014We hit Kona Gril once a month with family to enjoy pretty good variety of appetizer and Sushi. Staff is always friendly and quality of food is consistant.Special Features:
- Unbelievable bad servicehoundDined on 11/14/2014I could not believe on the how bad the service was, Food order incomplete, no napkins/silver ware given, no follow up. Had to chase the waiter in the kitchen to get the credit card back after waiting for 15 mins for him to charge and bring it back.. not recommending to anyone.
- DinerDinerDined on 11/9/2014Food and service were great. sat in booth by bar area had a great view to watch football gameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014very good food.we ate on the patio-very nice,except a little noisy with the scraping of the chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleMPFoodiesVIPDined on 10/30/2014I work near the Kona Grill and I take my employees there for lunch on their birthdays. On 10/30, we had a terrible server named Kara. She was not helpful and mistook our orders. She completed ignored that one of the guests had a birthday until I reminded her. Lunch took 90 minutes, which is completely unacceptable.
- yumyum2VIPDined on 10/25/2014Interesting, creative menu choices. Food was interesting and tasty. Service was adequate.Special Features:
- Moving on mikeMvnmikeDined on 10/21/2014Food was great. Fish items very fresh. Wonderful appitezers and wine selection is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget this placeHowlynwindDined on 10/7/2014We had been to Kona Grill before, but sort of let it slip out of our wheelhouse of restaurants. Just about 5 minutes further than we usually wander for a casual, I don't want to cook, evening meal. We chose it because it was midway between us and a friend, so basically for its location. Everyone enjoyed their food. It was priced moderately so that we could leave without feeling over spent. Sometimes at a restaurant, the reaction is "nice place but I ordered the wrong thin." That did not happen here. I suspect you cannot order the wrong thing. My thought as I walked out was basically we should be coming here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTexBearDined on 9/25/2014Friend recommended Kona Grill to me for dinner with an out of town guest. Atmosphere was great, food fantastic and the service perfect. Can't say much more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014The food was nice..the person serving us was not trained upto the mark. I ordered vegetarian mean and he got me chicken into it. Though he apologized a lot for this but I feel he should have been a bit more responsible.Special Features:
- Always goodDickieDined on 9/20/2014We chose Kona grill because the food is always good. It was a beautiful night that night, and we wanted to eat outside. We had a variety of foods to eat and all was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGibsonsDined on 9/20/2014Dinner was great.. sat on open air patio. Had a great time with our group of 4.Special Features:
- Our server Carter was FANTASTIC!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was fine...Carter, our server, was professional, friendly, helpful...a true asset ! We were waiting to be seated and were watching all the servers/staff coming in for their shift. Many of the girls were coming in with wet hair (unappealing) and then we witnessed the hostesses (3 of them) flipping their hair, putting it up and down with pins/rubber bands - all at the hostess station. Hair was flying everywhere. You could see loose strands floating to the ground in the sunlight. It was unappetizing and we were ready to leave to go to another restaurant. We were meeting friends and had just ordered drinks (white bubbly sangria was very nice!) and decided to stay. It makes you wonder about the kitchen...not rushing back to eat here.Special Features:
- Good servicetakeme80sVIPDined on 9/17/2014Food was fine, it was loud, but it was busy! The service was slow, but not in a bad way. we weren't rushed and our server Cody was very patient with our questions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed dinner, excellent service - nice waitress! Good variety to choose from including sushi. Great Friday night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- howitizDined on 9/6/2014Service and food was great. Our server was exceptional. He provided suggestions and consistently checked on our needs through out our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We have been here a few times before. We always enjoy Kona Grill. You can sit in a more bar type setting with adults or sit at tables in the main restaurant with your kids. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were celebrating a birthday, which I mentioned on Open Table, when making the reservation. They had a free dessert with a candle without me saying anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonMDined on 8/23/2014Great place for any size group with varied tastes. All was good except for the somewhat stingy wine pours.Special Features:
- nomadVIPDined on 8/19/2014Long wait for food and drinks. Waitress forgot to bring bread. Needed to ask twice and waited 30 mins or more to get some bread. Food was edible, nothing to rave about.
- Very Long WaitTruthShallSeyYouFreeDined on 8/15/2014We waited for an hour and half for sushi. They kept passing us. We were late for work. This is really bad customer service. I will never go back to this placeSpecial Features:
- Need 2 NoNeed2noVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great for leisurely lunch; interesting menu and a nice covered open-air patio. Wait staff appears very good, but food service is slow.Special Features:
- Food and service goodNGKGDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were good. Bus boy spilled rasberry ice tea on friend at table. Manager never came over to see I'd everything was okaySpecial Features:
- After the water episodeFooddoctorVIPDined on 8/1/2014After the waiter spilled a full glass of water on my lap, it was disappointing that neither the waiter or manager apologized or even thought to discount the bill or providea round of drinks. Customer focused experience was truly lacking
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Wasn't bad but nothing special, sushi only marginal.Special Features:
- The following 640 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Lincolnshire reviews archive.
- Great anytime!BridgeOverTroubledWatersDined on 7/26/2014Kona is a great place to go anytime. Great food, atmosphere, and terrific Happy Hour!!!Special Features:
- Excellent excellent excellent!LuVv2eAtDined on 7/22/2014Dinning was excellent. We got there 20mins early and they took us in earlier than our reservation. Service was excellent. Waiters were on top things at all times checking in at times and always communicating if something took a little bit longer. We ordered the sea bass.... Excellent! And we also ordered variety of different types of sushi rolls which had great presentation and taste fresh and excellent. Overall this is one of my wife and i favorite restaurant. 5 stars all around!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food choices for allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We were celebrating with a group of seven, all with different food preferences. Everyone was able to enjoy items from the menu. I had the sea bass, it was excellent!Special Features:
- Very pleasedJules2Dined on 7/16/2014Food, ambiance and service was awesome. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable upscale dining.djkazDined on 7/14/2014Equally suitable for social and business dining. Something on the menu for everyone. I would definitely recommend this to friends and associates.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceluvsushiDined on 7/12/2014The California Roll and the Spicy Tuna Roll here are amazing! Not only is the sushi delicious, but their sea bass is pretty good, as well. The only thing is that when we walked in, the lady at the entrance was not so welcoming, and she seemed annoyed. Otherwise, nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeIrkyVIPDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the food very much and thought the prices were quite reasonable. Our only complaint was the noise level. When we first arrived the restaurant was about half full, and even then it was difficult to hear the person sitting next to you. Later in the evening when the room was full it was almost necessary to yell to be able to be heard by another person at our table.Special Features:
- can't get too excited about konafoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014my flatbread had a mushy crust, tasteless tomatoes and arrived luke-cold. I won't be rushing back.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2014The first thing I noticed as I walked in was the loud ambient sound! I don't know why many restaurants are like this, but it's very difficult and frustrating to have a conversation. The second strike was, our waitress never asked me if I wanted anything to drink (there were only 2 of us), so I just drank water for the whole evening. The food quality was average at best so I really have no reason to return or recommend this restaurant.
- MidgeDined on 7/3/2014Kona Grill has great sandwiches! Service was just okay. Waiter was not very attentive! I asked for a Ginger Ale and after waiting more than five minutes, I had to ask the bus boy!Special Features:
- Dissatisfied and disappointedPhotoGurlVIPDined on 7/1/2014We have been loyal patrons of Kona Grill for years but we were very unhappy with our last visit. It took an hour to get our food, which was not good at all. My husband asked for ketchup which he didn't get until he got up and asked again at the bar. When he finally got it, there was some huge unknown object in the bowl it was in. Overall, a very negative experience.
- Good Food / Good PricesboneeaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food especially if you like sushi... Easy dining too if you have kids. Their Kids menu is very good and the kids love the divided plate they get their food on.Special Features:
- LivetoeatDined on 6/15/2014Appetizers to desserts are delicious. Easy to find something for everyone in your group. Friendly servers. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Nice ! We had a lot of fun and food was nice also................Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedLilyTheValleyVIPDined on 6/14/2014We decided to drop in when we found we have good enough time to have a lunch. We were not aware it is Asian-flavored restaurant when we made reservation. The oriental salad was surprisingly very tasty. Being an Asian, there are more occasions that I get disappointed than be pleased. The amount of dressing was just right, not too much, and the combination of ingredients really inspired me! The flatbread was tasty and perfect too! We would love to come visit again!Special Features:
- Great service...go on weekdays...TheDiningExperienceDined on 6/13/2014We attended happy hour on a Friday. It was so loud that we could barely hear each other talk! While this was great for the restaurant, it was hard for any conversation. On another note, we had Justin as our server for the second time. He is outstanding. Not only did he remember our name, he remembered my food allergy. I will definitely return to Kona, an ask for Justin, but I would only go Sunday thru Thursday...just too loud on the weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.