Kona Grill - Lincolnshire
940 Milwaukee Ave.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Lincolnshire
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 8479551210
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily- 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm --- All Reservations made on OpenTable are regrettably for our dinning room only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Manager
A word from Kona Grill - Lincolnshire
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kona Grill - Lincolnshire reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)great for lunch (27)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (18)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always goodDickieDined on 9/20/2014We chose Kona grill because the food is always good. It was a beautiful night that night, and we wanted to eat outside. We had a variety of foods to eat and all was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Carter was FANTASTIC!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was fine...Carter, our server, was professional, friendly, helpful...a true asset ! We were waiting to be seated and were watching all the servers/staff coming in for their shift. Many of the girls were coming in with wet hair (unappealing) and then we witnessed the hostesses (3 of them) flipping their hair, putting it up and down with pins/rubber bands - all at the hostess station. Hair was flying everywhere. You could see loose strands floating to the ground in the sunlight. It was unappetizing and we were ready to leave to go to another restaurant. We were meeting friends and had just ordered drinks (white bubbly sangria was very nice!) and decided to stay. It makes you wonder about the kitchen...not rushing back to eat here.Special Features:
- Good servicetakeme80sDined on 9/17/2014Food was fine, it was loud, but it was busy! The service was slow, but not in a bad way. we weren't rushed and our server Cody was very patient with our questions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed dinner, excellent service - nice waitress! Good variety to choose from including sushi. Great Friday night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- howitizDined on 9/6/2014Service and food was great. Our server was exceptional. He provided suggestions and consistently checked on our needs through out our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We have been here a few times before. We always enjoy Kona Grill. You can sit in a more bar type setting with adults or sit at tables in the main restaurant with your kids. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were celebrating a birthday, which I mentioned on Open Table, when making the reservation. They had a free dessert with a candle without me saying anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonMDined on 8/23/2014Great place for any size group with varied tastes. All was good except for the somewhat stingy wine pours.Special Features:
- nomadDined on 8/19/2014Long wait for food and drinks. Waitress forgot to bring bread. Needed to ask twice and waited 30 mins or more to get some bread. Food was edible, nothing to rave about.
- Very Long WaitTruthShallSeyYouFreeDined on 8/15/2014We waited for an hour and half for sushi. They kept passing us. We were late for work. This is really bad customer service. I will never go back to this placeSpecial Features:
- Need 2 NoNeed2noVIPDined on 8/6/2014Great for leisurely lunch; interesting menu and a nice covered open-air patio. Wait staff appears very good, but food service is slow.Special Features:
- Food and service goodNGKGDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were good. Bus boy spilled rasberry ice tea on friend at table. Manager never came over to see I'd everything was okaySpecial Features:
- After the water episodeFooddoctorDined on 8/1/2014After the waiter spilled a full glass of water on my lap, it was disappointing that neither the waiter or manager apologized or even thought to discount the bill or providea round of drinks. Customer focused experience was truly lacking
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Wasn't bad but nothing special, sushi only marginal.Special Features:
- Great anytime!BridgeOverTroubledWatersDined on 7/26/2014Kona is a great place to go anytime. Great food, atmosphere, and terrific Happy Hour!!!Special Features:
- Excellent excellent excellent!LuVv2eAtDined on 7/22/2014Dinning was excellent. We got there 20mins early and they took us in earlier than our reservation. Service was excellent. Waiters were on top things at all times checking in at times and always communicating if something took a little bit longer. We ordered the sea bass.... Excellent! And we also ordered variety of different types of sushi rolls which had great presentation and taste fresh and excellent. Overall this is one of my wife and i favorite restaurant. 5 stars all around!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food choices for allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We were celebrating with a group of seven, all with different food preferences. Everyone was able to enjoy items from the menu. I had the sea bass, it was excellent!Special Features:
- Very pleasedJules2Dined on 7/16/2014Food, ambiance and service was awesome. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceluvsushiDined on 7/12/2014The California Roll and the Spicy Tuna Roll here are amazing! Not only is the sushi delicious, but their sea bass is pretty good, as well. The only thing is that when we walked in, the lady at the entrance was not so welcoming, and she seemed annoyed. Otherwise, nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeIrkyVIPDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the food very much and thought the prices were quite reasonable. Our only complaint was the noise level. When we first arrived the restaurant was about half full, and even then it was difficult to hear the person sitting next to you. Later in the evening when the room was full it was almost necessary to yell to be able to be heard by another person at our table.Special Features:
- can't get too excited about konafoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014my flatbread had a mushy crust, tasteless tomatoes and arrived luke-cold. I won't be rushing back.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2014The first thing I noticed as I walked in was the loud ambient sound! I don't know why many restaurants are like this, but it's very difficult and frustrating to have a conversation. The second strike was, our waitress never asked me if I wanted anything to drink (there were only 2 of us), so I just drank water for the whole evening. The food quality was average at best so I really have no reason to return or recommend this restaurant.
- MidgeDined on 7/3/2014Kona Grill has great sandwiches! Service was just okay. Waiter was not very attentive! I asked for a Ginger Ale and after waiting more than five minutes, I had to ask the bus boy!Special Features:
- Dissatisfied and disappointedPhotoGurlVIPDined on 7/1/2014We have been loyal patrons of Kona Grill for years but we were very unhappy with our last visit. It took an hour to get our food, which was not good at all. My husband asked for ketchup which he didn't get until he got up and asked again at the bar. When he finally got it, there was some huge unknown object in the bowl it was in. Overall, a very negative experience.
- Good Food / Good PricesboneeaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food especially if you like sushi... Easy dining too if you have kids. Their Kids menu is very good and the kids love the divided plate they get their food on.Special Features:
- LivetoeatDined on 6/15/2014Appetizers to desserts are delicious. Easy to find something for everyone in your group. Friendly servers. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Nice ! We had a lot of fun and food was nice also................Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedLilyTheValleyVIPDined on 6/14/2014We decided to drop in when we found we have good enough time to have a lunch. We were not aware it is Asian-flavored restaurant when we made reservation. The oriental salad was surprisingly very tasty. Being an Asian, there are more occasions that I get disappointed than be pleased. The amount of dressing was just right, not too much, and the combination of ingredients really inspired me! The flatbread was tasty and perfect too! We would love to come visit again!Special Features:
- Great service...go on weekdays...TheDiningExperienceDined on 6/13/2014We attended happy hour on a Friday. It was so loud that we could barely hear each other talk! While this was great for the restaurant, it was hard for any conversation. On another note, we had Justin as our server for the second time. He is outstanding. Not only did he remember our name, he remembered my food allergy. I will definitely return to Kona, an ask for Justin, but I would only go Sunday thru Thursday...just too loud on the weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudnganixDined on 6/11/2014it was clean with good decor bit very noisy,service was slow and food was so-so. I wouldn't come back.
- Kona on our repeat dining list!BuffDined on 6/6/2014Kona Grill is a must on our regular dining list. Whether I go for the Sushi Sampler for lunch or the delicious Sea Bass for dinner. Always a nice meal.Special Features:
- Long Wait for Inconsistent FoodWhiteStone8VIPDined on 6/5/2014We have been semi-regulars at Kona Grill and overall always enjoyed it. This time we said that it might be a long time until we returned. We waited a while for a server. Server from another section finally took our order. Never met actual server for our table. Then waited a long time for food. Wife's salmon dish was below average. Requested my mashed potatoes be swapped for sweet potato fries. When meal arrived, I had both mashed potatoes and soggy sweet potato fries, but no vegetables. Half way through meal vegetables arrived and were a mixture that did not work together. Could hardly eat them. Daughter's grilled cheese was not good quality. The Ribeye steak and the accidental mashed potatoes were delicious. Won't be back for a while!
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Two things that define a restaurant: food and service. Food was good. Service was fair. People want the best service possible. The waiter was pretty amateurish.Special Features:
- The following 620 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Lincolnshire reviews archive.
- Fun dinnerTeamppDined on 5/23/2014Another enjoyable meal at Kona Grill. Our service was almost perfect but when the restaurant got busy (and it got busy!) our drinks did not get refilled. We had to ask for salt and clean utensils too. My sushi was excellent! I had the shrimp and lobster rolls and the checkerboard. Yum! Thanks Kona we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedPrasinoVIPDined on 5/15/2014The atmosphere was very lively and fun, but the service wasn't great (our waitress vanished for abt 25 mins and didn't come by to check on us, plus she kept forgetting to bring us things we asked for), the miso soup was overly salty, the sushi was warm. For the price, I would've expected more.Special Features:
- Our Goto Special Occasion SpotthedvsmonkeyDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I go here for our birthdays and our anniversary. We always get the same dishes because they are so delicious. We've never been disappointed in our meals. The minus star is due to our server never come to our table and eventually another server noticed how long we sat there without even being greeted by our server. Eventually he just took over because our server never showed. But, he did an excellent job and we enjoyed our meals as usual. We're still going back so no worries.Special Features:
- Food VarietyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Great sushi selection in addition to regular cooked menu items. Spicy rolls could use a bit more of a kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and enjoyable mealdkgradDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed the Cos(Medic) Martini under 140 calories and the Chicken & Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/10/2014Neither hostess or server knew Mothers' Day special was available all weekend. Drinks made wrong twice. Steak sent back 2 times because of undercooking (Special surf and turf). Been at this location several times and never had a problem earlier. Manager very sympathetic though and handled well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly pleasedJazzysandyVIPDined on 5/9/2014had the salmon and it was perfectly prepared and delightfully paired with veggies and fried rice with shrimp. simply delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Food was great.service was decent, my son loves going to kona grillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.