Kona Grill - Richmond
11221 West Broad Street
Glen Allen, VA 23060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (804) 364-5660
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Janowak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Kona Grill - Richmond
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Kona Grill - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Kona Grill - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)great for lunch (8)romantic (8)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Was a surpriseRobinsReviewDined on 10/17/2014Great place for all kinds of food, including sushi!!! Pleased everyone at our table. Nice findSpecial Features:
- LuvKonaluvKonaDined on 10/9/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. The staff from door to table were extremely friendly and attentive. I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGoodtoeatDined on 9/27/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone as the food was great and the service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 out of 10!properfoodieDined on 9/26/2014Amazing experience! Kona was recommended to me by a friend who claimed it was "The best restaurant ever!". She was right! The food was superb, service was excellent, decor was intimate, and to top it all off the managers were walking around interacting with their guests. Our server seemed well pleased to be serving us and was always checking on us, even though it was VERY busy. Great place for any occasion! This was my first and wont be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Good, Service is AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was good but it was difficult to get the waitress's attention. The manager was very friendly and ended up taking care of us. Overall I would go back to this restaurant. Notes this establishment has a nice ambiance and you pay for it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnersbcgraceDined on 9/20/2014Met 2 friends for a girls dinner and had a great time. At Kona Grill you can either eat light or go all out. They have gorgeous looking desserts too! I had to stop myself from getting the carrot cake but it looked amazing! Sushi is really good here!Special Features:
- Girl's Dinner Night was amazing!Twhite23Dined on 9/13/2014In a few weeks I will be getting married, so what better way to celebrate then to meeting my most favorite girl friends out for a dinner and drinks. We had a group of 7 people and our server handled us with ease. The food was amazing, there wasn't a complaint from anyone and the drinks came quickly. This was my first visit to Kona, but I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, Pricey SushidcfoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014The sashimi combo cost over $30 which I thought to be high, but I found its quality to be fine. The server was attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Met friends for dinner. Great variety of entrees. Excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 476 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Richmond reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/20/2014Food was very good and service was great. Very noisy when we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Asian FusionMarcelaDined on 6/3/2014Kona Grill has an interesting mix of styles on its menu; there's bound to be something to please everyone. I had the potstickers and the crunch crab roll. The potstickers were very good; delicate and flavorful, the perfect appetizer. The crunch crab roll is good, but not necessarily outstanding. The service was top notch though, and it was the service what brought a good dining experience up to a very good one.Special Features:
- Great food/server needs trainingshrimpgirlDined on 5/31/2014My salad was excellent and so was the sea bass. Our server was very nice, and I'll take a nice server, but inexperienced server over a rude one any day. However, I suggest that he could use a little more training. Most notably, he placed his hands on the table and sort of leaned on the table while he was talking with us. I think he was just a little nervous and inexperienced, but it was a little off-putting. However, he was just the right amount of "attentive" (not bothersome, and we didn't feel like we were wondering where he was). Also, my husband ordered the lobster/tuna flat bread as an entree (he asked if that was ok) - but it came as an appetizer. Also, he asked that the tuna be cooked through, but it came raw in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a chainpreferhomegrownDined on 5/24/2014We've come here a few times; bar snacks are good, but, dinner menu is less than stellar. It's ordinary food in a good atmosphere.Special Features:
- good and fun atmosphereclinewaltDined on 5/11/2014The only negative was that the restaurant was out of salmon at 6:30 - this was the one dish I was certain one of my children would like...we made it work, but surprising to be out of salmon at 6:30...on Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona is the name.LovefunDined on 5/11/2014I have been to Kona's before and as always I was not disappointed. Good food, great place to take a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Friendly?LoudandaverageDined on 5/11/2014Even though there was a GF menu we were not certain about some foods and our waiter didn't really sense our concern. Family has Celiac disease, we are not fad dieters, so having a knowledgeable wait staff is essential. Also, the specialty sushi rolls were only average and the basic ones bland. We got seated right at the kitchen even though we had reservations and the place was 1/2 empty and it was LOUD. My family's first time there and they were not impressed. Sorry
- SandiSandiDined on 5/11/2014Impeccable service and food is second to none!!!. It is always abandoned total treat to come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great for Kids tooLuvMyFamDined on 5/10/2014The food is really great with pricing make it easy to budget a meal or go all out! The kids menu has sushi as a choice, which my kids LOVED! And at $6 totally a place I'd bring the family back to again. Great atmosphere to look at but was loud ( they were packed and it has high ceilings). We look forward to coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiTravelingdinnersDined on 5/9/2014We go for the sushi. They have other great food on the menu as well. They have a lot of different Sushi rolls on the menu, maybe 30 different kinds. We usually order two Sushi rolls at a time and share them. Four Sushi rolls is about all we need. They have good wine on the wine list just not a lot of choices.Special Features:
- It could be the South...DieselDadsVIPDined on 5/6/2014I am sure that the bartender/server thought that he was doing a great job, however he didn't give me the feeling that he wanted me sitting at his bar. Perhaps it was the busy Happy Hour crowd, or the GM observing bar operations, but I was never notified that there were Happy Hour drink and food specials while other patrons who came to the bar after me were. Unfortunately, it was after I had already ordered my food. I've been to the Kona in Baltimore and I've felt much better, however here I recieved my food...edible as it may have been...and nothing else. No warm and fuzzy here.
- Great for girls night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014A few girlfriends and myself went to Kona Grill on Friday night. We had great food and wine. We shared the potstickers for an appetizer which were delicious. The place was packed but service was still great. We all enjoyed our dinner as well. Kong Grill has a great happy hour (food and drink specials) but it is only allowed in the bar area which we did not sit at. We definitely will return (hopefully for happy hour next time)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change of paseHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 4/25/2014The menu had items that were different. Soft shell sliders>... VERY Good. The sushi was just soso But would go back again. not just a burger and fry joint Very goodSpecial Features:
- SatisfiedSeeYouSoonDined on 4/24/2014Had a wonderful first experience! Will definitely return myself & recommended to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Kona!jessDined on 4/12/2014Everything was great! The service was awesome. We were celebrating my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Everyone had an awesome time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itfliggityDined on 3/21/2014always go here for a special occasion. Great menu and amazing food. Great specialty drinks.Special Features:
- Almost always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2014Kona Grill is a fairly expensive but always delicious dining experience. I have been 5 times in the last year for various special occasions and with the exception of my most recent trip it was an excellent experience. Like any restaurant server quality can vary which led to a sub par experience in my last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014The only complaint I have is that Happy Hour is not offered to anyone seated in the dining room and that would cause me to go elsewhere during that time of the day. We had a party of 10 and it wouldn't have been easy to change tables. This is unfair to the dining room patrons. We spent a lot of money and should have been afforded the same specials no matter where seated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pan Asian - HawaiianjeannetteyvonneDined on 2/25/2014Kona grill has an awesome delicious menu......hard to choose so must return. The Pad Thai was wonderful and I had a chile lime shrimp salad with macadamia nuts terrific.........one had the pork sliders with sweet potato fries and loved that too..........we all shared the shrimp/chicken lettuce wraps and are really good ENJOY the décor and food; great place to eat and free parking garage behind if the lot is full YOU SHOULD GO..........Glen Allen/Short Pump areaSpecial Features:
- fantastic!amandaDined on 2/21/2014My husband & I had lunch with his parents & sister. It was delicious! No one had any complaints and our server was very knowledgable and gave great recommendations and we ordered his suggestions and were very happy with the selections. Seafood ceviche was over the top! Please make it permanent to your menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014We really loved it ....the only thing I would have liked is to have known the prices when our server announced them yo us...otherwise I'm sure well be back.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My girlfriend and I had a great time. Great server, and great food! Definitely will be back. :)Special Features:
- Ambiance and food is great !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Liked the restaurant very much. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Good night, but...MikeHDined on 2/14/2014Very nice restaurant with excellent food. Very impressed. Went on a busy night, and it was very noisy! Actual pain on the eardrums. Told the hostess, and we were reseated in the dining room. Much better, though still loud. Service was so-so, but the waitress was pleasant and eager to please. Pick a night other than Valentine's Day or Friday (unless you like the noise), and you will probably enjoy yourself very much. Sea bass and pork tenderloin are recommended.Special Features:
- Visited on 2-14-14guaporeyDined on 2/14/2014I decided to spend Valentine's Day with my special someone and the overall experience was great!!! It was my first time and I glad I made reservations because like expected this place was packed. Now the menu had a variety of items which is good. I tried sushi for the first time and I have to say it was not bad at all. Afterwards I tried one of there recommened dishes which was the Sea Bass and oh man was it good. This dish was big enough to split and at a price of 25 bucks thats a good look. Now don't ask me why but I've been on a get dessert just for the heck of it kick lately so I did and once again I was amazed. My date and I was intimidated by the size of this dessert which probably sounds crazy but hey see for yourself.Special Features:
- Great place, terrific happyCrashDined on 2/14/2014Great place, terrific happy hour prices. Manager checked on us twice, the waitress was outstanding, all in all a great evening. ATTENTION OPEN DINRR WEB SITE.... DONT EMAIL PEOPLE AT 217 AM, MANY OF US ACTUALLY SLEEP THEN AND DONT SHUT OFF OIR SMART PHONES SO U R EMAIL WAKES US UP..... THANK You.. Just a thoughtSpecial Features:
- SushiLaraLuLuDined on 2/8/2014First time here but I had been to the one in Dallas. The sushi seemed off but the butter cake was still amazing.Special Features:
- Our server was incredible.RossDined on 2/8/2014Our server was incredible. He made several recommendations and they were all spot on. There was no wait time on any request and his demeanor was casual but professional. The sushi selection was great and the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food wonderful serviceRichmondFoodie23Dined on 2/6/2014We went out for dinner with our seven month old and company. They were very accommodating and friendly. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and extremely friendly. The manager came over to check on us to be sure everything was ok. We had various sushi items...delicious! I would recommend the yomada roll. Our friend had the shrimp pad Thai which was also good. We will definitely return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkBenzDined on 2/1/2014OK, so made reservations. I figured they'd be waiting for a LARGE crowd. Nope, our waitress was ridiculous. So we got another then it was pleasant from there. LOVE KONA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SaladLindaDined on 1/29/2014Try the Chili-Lime Shrimp Salad. 600 calories for a very large and tasty dish. Things were slow the day we were there. The service was very attentive, with three drink refills while I had a long visit with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.