Kona Grill - Gilbert
2224 E Williams Field Road
Gilbert, AZ 85295Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Gilbert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 4802894500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Kona Grill - Gilbert
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Kona Grill - Gilbert - Best Restaurants in Gilbert ›
Kona Grill - Gilbert reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- great placeJakeDined on 7/4/2014Had a good time, the food was great, My burger was cooked perfectly. Only gripe I have is that service was pretty slow, even when just trying to get a refill on my drink. Was quite frustrating to the point that I had to stop another server walking by and ask for a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dininglovetodinehereDined on 6/15/2014We eat here often and the food, service and ambiance are always excellent. The varied menu for appetizers, entrees and desserts, was well as the sushi has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DiningMiloDined on 5/30/2014Very good service and very friendly staff. I'm a service person. The food could be bad and service good, this place had friendly people and the food is what I expected.Special Features:
- Poor service and detail attentionEatingWellDined on 5/11/2014Had reservations on Mother's day afternoon. Our server apparently did not remember to pass along "allergy" to kitchen, and then served a food item with the specific allergen (bread) directly on the salad. We had to remind him again of the allergy, and he returned once again with the incorrect item. No apologies, no manager coming over. The person at the table with the allergy waited while everyone else ate their first course. Very disappointing service...
- Great sushi - excellent serviceTandMAzDined on 5/10/2014We don't do sushi that often because we have had some bad experiences, but the rainbow roll we had was outstanding. The snapper for dinner was perfect! Rachel, our server, was attentive, intelligent, and helpful all evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Gilbert reviews archive.
- Good place to get great food.lovegreatfoodDined on 5/3/2014It is to noisy to comfortably carry on a conversation. The food is great, the server was friendly and professional, and the price is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Kona Grill!luv2eatDined on 4/25/2014There are always tons of people at Kona Grill! The reason is that their food is amazing! We love to go have their sushi rolls. Their hamburgers are super awesome too! You pretty much can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014We were welcomed right in with our Open Table reservation and seated in a cozy booth. Service was excellent and the sushi we had was great!Special Features:
- Mona GreatJaAzDined on 4/7/2014Justin our server was very helpful and appropriately attentive. The chopped salad was one of the best and is almost a meal in itself!! The sea bass was delicate and delicious. Dessert was delightfully sinful. I can't wait to go back and try some more dishes!!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerShelleDined on 4/4/2014Food & service was good with the exception that the main course came while we were just starting our appetizers so we could not enjoy them as much. The food was very good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014It is not often when my husband and I can get away for a nice dinner so when we do it's a special occasion. The food was fantastic, my husband had salmon and I had sushi. Everything at Kona was spot on this past Saturday. The service staff was prompt and courteous. Management was attentive and came to check on us too. We really enjoyed a relaxing dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightsteakandlobstersushiDined on 3/14/2014We thought we would try a new restaurant and didn't go wrong here. I LOVE sushi and my husband likes it....he walked out loving it. They had Steak and Lobster Sushi, WOW what a wonderful experience my taste buds had. They also had a low calorie drink list, I had the Blueberry Tea from the list and loved it as well. This restaurant for us is definitely one for a romantic dinner as the prices would be a little hefty for a family of five. The lighting was great, the only down side to the entire experience was that the music was just a little too loud. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantLJ00000Dined on 3/14/2014Been to Kona several times. Always a pleasure. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great SushibirthdayanneversaryDined on 3/2/2014I love sushi and sashimi and I have been a fan of Kona since 2008. When it came to my 40th birthday and 1 year wedding anniversary I chose Kona. Why? I wanted a place where we could have the whole family together in one place and for a reasonable price while providing a yummy menu that pleases preteen, mid-life crisis', and the sassier 60'ers. They took great care of us and it was exactly what I wanted (as the birthday boy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014I had the Macadamia Chicken. The chicken, the potatoes, and the beans were all too salty, and I tend to like things on the salty side. My husband said his dish was fine. I would have loved to have sat on the patio but it was full. The noise level inside was pretty high. I was also disappointed that they took my all time fave dessert anywhere off the menu- the banana cream pie. The manager did comp our dessert after my comments about the food being too salty.Special Features:
- UNBELIEVABLE!CherrybombDined on 2/14/2014Five *'s all the way. Food was amazing, hostess, manager,waitress, waiters were exceptional! Husband & I went here on Valentines Day & will definitely go again:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodtdellereeDined on 2/14/2014This is a great place. We both had the Valentine's Day special. A 9oz fillet and lobster tail. The fillet's both looked larger than 9oz. Her's was well done and mine was medium rare. Both done just right. The lobster tail was also cooked just right. Everyone around us seem to be having a great time. We loved it. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Good ServiceFoldieDined on 2/14/2014We had Steak & Lobster, which was done just right, and a Shimp Pasta that was great!!Special Features:
- This is a family favorite.ShellyDined on 2/14/2014We were happy we used open table for our reservations for Valentines Day! We were seated promptly at our reserved time, while others who did not make reservations had wait times of an hour or more. The sea bass is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the dinner, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed the dinner, our server was "great" and we are glad we chose your restaurant for Valentines Day dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicetlatogDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service. Considering its not a sushi restaurant, the sushi is very good.Special Features:
- A Little DissapointedgilbertcoupleDined on 2/9/2014I really try to like Kona Grill but it's been hit or miss the last few times we've been there. This time, my wife's dish came out with way too much pepper. It's not supposed to be a spicy dish at all and since she doesn't like spicy, we had to send it back. I like spicy and this was just peppered, not even good spicy, just poorly executed. I had sushi rolls. Normally I don't order sushi at KG because I think it's a little pricey for what you get but it's usually a cut above in quality. Not this time, it was really just OK. So three sushi rolls, her entree, we split a salad and a desert, no alcohol, and about $100 for a fair dinner for two. Service was also middle of the road and they were not busy while we were there.Special Features:
- Could be betterDonnaDined on 2/6/2014our server took away our plate of tortilla chips served with the artichoke spinach dip while I was still grabbing a chip that was still on the plate, several chips were still on the plate. My sister ordered a glass of wine, which measured approx 1 1/2 " of wine for $9.Special Features:
- Visiting Scottsdale...NancyVIPDined on 1/23/2014Searched thru Open Table to find a place to take an elderly friend - and this was perfect. We had a table in the corner so the noise level was low, and the food choices were quite varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, Kona Grill rocks!Silqui69Dined on 1/12/2014I've always enjoyed Kona Grill. I've been to three of them in the Phoenix metropolitan area, and they are consistently awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!JoJoDined on 12/31/2013Kona Grill never disappoints! The salmon is always cooked to perfection, and our friend's filet mignon was also cooked to perfection! The salmon salad is the best anywhere and the grilled veggie flat bread is a must! We have never been disappointed with a meal here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveHaywoodDined on 12/31/2013Kona provided an excellent venue for our quiet, early New Years Eve dinner. Reservation worked! Food and service was splendid. Cannot recall the server's name, but she was very personable.Special Features:
- problems in the kitchenbenny5Dined on 12/30/2013The sushi wait was very long..... we substituted mashed potatoes for extra veggies and were told there would be no charge and our bill came and there was an additional charge. My sushi was backed up in the kitchen and we asked that our food came together, it did not. My sushi was battered and fried and tasted like a greasy dough ball.... Not what I ordered. The waitresses face when she came back to check on us was priceless..... she said "that is not what you ordered.....actually I dont know what this is". So once again I had to wait for my food, as my companion had already finished :( The waitress was very nice about everything and apologized...... but still not an enjoyable evening. Also the noise level was Very loud.Special Features:
- Gathering of Siblings9of10Dined on 12/26/2013We were a group of 10 that needed a quiet corner for out of town siblings to visit. I screwed up on the online reservations by failing to change the default restaurant location of Chandler. Bob helped me get that changed to Rob's restaurant over at the San Tan Mall - in GILBERT! I knew I wanted the San Tan Mall location, I either missed all together the drop down menu or failed to realize it was in Gilbert vs. Chandler. We had excellent food, albeit slow. Our table location was still a bit noisy, but we managed. Plus WE may have been a bit noisy for the diners surrounding us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013We had to wait for our food. Had to ask for silverware then had to ask for napkins. Ordered some chicken tacos half way through eating and waited so long I had to ask for them to be put in a to go box.Special Features:
- Macadamia nut chicken AMAZINGnicbartDined on 11/22/2013The sushi and entrees were great! Although, the wait for our food seemed very long. When the food came it was piping hot! Very good overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodOTreviewDined on 11/16/2013Always have a good meal and good service here. Love the sea bass and ratatouille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Searching on Open TableBearsVIPDined on 11/2/2013My husband wanted a steak and I wanted something lighter. So their menu had a good mix. We did get lost going there. The hotel was close by but the Garmin told us the restaurant was somewhere else. The young women who answered the phone was very friendly and when I told her we were not from the area she was extremely helpful. The restaurant was not on a side of the mall that we could see it's sign. They sat us right away and our server was very helpful. She made recommendations for dinner and appetizers and we were on our way very quickly. The food was very good. My husband had the steak special and the sushi crab role was so good we ordered a second. We loved the restaurant and if we lived in the area we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Meal With Friends!MikeDined on 11/2/2013We were a party of four, and thanks to Open Table were able to make a reservation. We were seated promptly. Our server was excellent. She made sure we had our drinks while perusing the menu and was able to answer any questions we had. Everyone was very happy with their meals.Special Features:
- Sat. eve B-day BashBaronDined on 11/2/2013Food was very good as usual and the service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awesome. The foodjlkfamDined on 11/1/2013Service was awesome. The food was great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodAlexDined on 10/25/2013First time at this place great service and staff. The food was awesome There on a business meeting really impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Experience!!PhoenixRisingVIPDined on 9/28/2013Kona Grill is a chain restaurant, and for a lot of people they will instantly think the quality of their dining experience will go down because of that fact. However, this particular location is a great experience. If you want to have some outdoor dining, they have it. If you want to have a unique cocktail that you won't find anywhere else, they have it. If you want to find someplace in Gilbert that's easy to get to but still want to satisfy your developed "foodie" palette, this place will do it. I'm not big on chain restaurants. But when you dine at Kona Grill in Gilbert, you're not getting a chain restaurant experience. I've been to this restaurant probably 5 times, and each time i order something different and i'm always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time is the charm I guessKirstyDined on 9/27/2013This was my third time going to Kona, normally I wouldn't have returned but I was given a gift card for my birthday and we went back. My husband wasn't very impressed the last two times we went, but thankfully he was happy this time. His only complaint was that his steak was small for the price charged. Our food was wonderful, our server was quite busy but nice. I thought it kind of funny that I ordered lemonade and he kept forgetting and filling it with water. Overall very pleased.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I arranged lunch here for4me2knowDined on 9/25/2013I arranged lunch here for a group of co-workers to celebrate a birthday. Some chose sushi, while others chose sandwiches and grill items. No one was disappointed. The starter avocado egg rolls were superb. The waitstaff was very attentive and stayed on top of our drink refills without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.