Kona Grill - Ft. Worth
3028 Crockett Street
Ft. Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Ft. Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (817) 210-4216
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday- Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Ft. Worth
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill’s signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Kona Grill - Ft. Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Kona Grill - Ft. Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (16)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (7)romantic (7)scenic view (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent choice!G0MeatDined on 11/21/2014It was my second visit. Good food and good atmosphere..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistently goodFtWorthFoodieDined on 11/21/2014Chilean sea bass is tricky to get right, and Kona consistently does it well. We've enjoyed everything we've tried here. The angry edemame is always a 'starter.' We are seated promptly with a reservation and have been pleased with the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait wait waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We waited 10 minutes just to get a water then another 25 to get a real drink. Then we waited almost 40 before any of our good came. We ordered a bottle of wine so we wouldn't have to keep waiting. Our waitress was very nice and kept saying sorry for the wait.Special Features:
- good mostlyhollywoodDined on 10/25/2014large group had dinner there. Most dishes very very good, a couple were not(caeser salad was below average). Good service, nice server staff. They are very strict about being there within 15 min of reservation, but low and behold we had to wait for 15 after we arrived on time. Ironic.Special Features:
- Kona GrillRoxieDined on 10/25/2014Great food, and ambiance. Inside and outside areas are great for seating!!!Special Features:
- Great eveningVirtuous75Dined on 10/25/2014Our first time dining at Kona Grill was a really good experience. I had my 8yr old nephew who was satisfied with his food. The ambiance is great, vibrant. We will definitely return. Our server, Wade, was awesome, knowledgable and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to basicsNeoFoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Been to Kona Grill several times in Fort Worth: love the ambiance, the roof top, the eclectic menu. For the first time, though, we were disappointed. We moved away from what they are good at: moderate priced menu items, sushi and flatbreads. Mistake #1: Don't order anything other than beer or wine. My wife's gin and tonic was flat! And my small $6 martini cost $12. Not dry, nor olives. Olives showed, but stale Mistake #2: Ordering expensive entrees. My sea bass was interesting, but overcooked. My wife's filet had gristle! These are mistakes because we strayed from what they do well and will happily return in the future for those basics, but we will never consider this an upscale restaurant (despite the nice decor).Special Features:
- ExcellentexecfwVIPDined on 10/11/2014Good food, good drinks. Service a little slow, but friendly. Will go back.Special Features:
- Not to shabbyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was great. Food, service etc Except the bachelorette party adjacent to us. Not anybody's fault thoughSpecial Features:
- RanfanRanfanDined on 9/23/2014enjoyed the food and vibe of at Kona , timely , friendly service - helping us make good choices with both our wine and food . Had made reservations , but also had option to sit in bar area - which we did . It was great to try it , rather than restaurant on this particular visit . Both of us were very pleased with our food and said we would recommend to others . We also felt that it was a great value . We also love the look and feel of KonaSpecial Features:
- Great place for a date!ImpressedDined on 9/23/2014Really liked this place so much. I don't believe there is any place quite like it in Fort Worth (a plus)! Before I left I made reservations to dine with friends for this Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomemkdodgeDined on 9/13/2014We love this place never had a bad experience The rib eye is one of the best They have great sushiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it Kool KonaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Nice dinner with friends for birthday surprise. Made RSVP, quickly sat and served. Good service, food, and ambiance.Special Features:
- Ok not great!dinerDined on 8/30/2014The food was just average. Didn't have a very large selection of entrees. The restaraunt itself is beautiful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!FoodieBDined on 8/27/2014Love Kona Grill! The food, service, and decor is great....but be prepared for a VERY high noise level when it is busy. If you want somewhere quiet, or have a hearing aid, might not be what you are looking for. That is the only down side to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always deliciousGoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014We love this place. It's always delicious and just a fun place in general. I just wish it was closer to our house instead of a half-hour drive. So we don't go as often as we'd like. But it's worth the trip!Special Features:
- Fantastic!FWfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Everything was wonderful at the Kona Grill! We went on a Saturday and made reservations and were glad we did - the restaurant was busy all night. Our waiter was so attentive and had great recommendations. The food was incredible! We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh innovative foodJennVIPDined on 8/23/2014It was our first time at Kona and it didn't disappoint. We seated ourselves upstairs on the covered patio. The menu is extensive, ranging from sushi, flatbreads, sandwiches to entrees. The portions weren't overwhelmingly large, but the flavors were. We enjoyed several appetizers, ahi tuna and pork sliders. We will go back soon for dinner (another patio lunch).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppetizerAB79Dined on 8/15/2014We loved our avocado egg roll appetizers and the house salad was good. The Caesar salad has too much anchovy flavor in it for me. The steak tasted like something we could have ordered at Chili's. No flavor at all. Asked for medium and was well done. The wait staff was very nice and attentive and worked together to which I always like... But I don't think that makes up for the quality of food and the price you're paying for the food. Atmosphere is decent but a bit to "contemporary" for me.Special Features:
- Shrimp tacos are delicious!DanaJDined on 8/13/2014Loved the spice of the shrimp tacos. Great place for lunch. Lots of variety on the menu. Will definitely revisit!Special Features:
- Great Foodsmartblonde68Dined on 8/9/2014We had the chicken & pork tenderloin but where wonderful, however the butter cake was stale this time. I did let the server know and he apologized however did not offer to adjust price. We were there celebrating my daughters birthday and the butter cake was talked up but didn't deliver. I guess I should have insisted on sending it back.Special Features:
- Fantastic! Sushi Combo for Lunchkanaka2UDined on 8/7/2014Looking for a break from the usual wings and chinese buffet we had lunch here. As a repeat diner I'm familiar with the menu and table service which blew the 4-some away! After much indecision cuz everything on the lunch menu looked good we ALL opted for the sushi combo as paired with either a slider, soup, or salad. What's more amazing is that we didn't "break the bank" for lunch and the entire meal was "ono" and filling! So was the outing worth a repeat performance? You betcha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...Service suckedJS080114Dined on 8/1/2014The food at Kona was great as usual. However our waitress's service skills were rather lacking... we sat several times with empty glasses, our food took quite a bit longer than it should have, and my daughter's meal was cold and by the time they offered to remake it, she was no longer hungry and therefore did not eat. We had to track down a different waitress several times in order to either try and find ours or to even get refills. When things finally did come out, the food again was very tasty. But overall the experience was less than pleasurable. The Kona Grill in Dallas has much better service with the same great food and we will go to that location from now on.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewkimsterVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our waitress was super nice and actually quite good. The food was good. However, the hostesses are not helpful in the slightest. And it has been that experience all three times we've been. It feels like they are doing us a favor to give us a table.Special Features:
- The following 83 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Ft. Worth reviews archive.
- bjmccrn76Dined on 7/26/2014Loved it, extensive menu. My husband had sushi and I had the shrimp pasta dish, both delicious! Some of the best fried calamari around. Great prices, this will become a favorite for us!
- Ask for DaveMcCrayDined on 7/20/2014Dave was our rooftop server and he has excelent recommendations. Try the avocado egg rolls! Dave is fun, attentive, and brings the restaurant the feeling that you want to come back too. Excellent service and good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids menuMcCrayDined on 7/19/2014Food service was a bit slow but great atmosphere on the patio on a perfect night. Kids menu is awesome a lot of food for $6 entire item plus two sides and an adorable panda made out of an orange. So cute and fun way for kids to be engaged. Wish they would have had crayons for entertaining kids though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The service was amazing. One of the wait staff dropped a plate of food on one of the members in my party. The manager rushed out to make sure he was ok, offered to pay for the cleaning of his shirt. Even gave us two free desserts. We understand things happen and it was not a huge deal too us, but the staff was so kind and VERY fast to clean up and apologize. I always bring client from out of town to the kona grill. Great food, great service and I will keep doing so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A KeeperTexanVIPDined on 7/12/2014We checked Kona Grill off our bucket list and its a keeper. Our salmon and Ahi Tuna were prepared to perfection. We were equally satisfied by the veggies/items that accompanied our entrees. The wine and beer selections were adequate for most needs. We will definitely be back and plan on including one of their signature deserts. The carrot cake and bread pudding were hard to resist after seeing them served at nearby tables. The noise level is energetic by OT standards and loud by ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour was happyMcCrayDined on 7/12/2014We had a wedding to attend when we were trying to find a drink before hand. Kona was perfect! Only wished we ate there versus at the wedding but now that we know Fort Worth has a jobs we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTING AND WILL NOT RETURNlovetochowDined on 7/11/2014We've been here a couple times before and thought while the decorating seems odd - we love it upstairs. We had a big group for this event - and service was terrible, food missed, martinis had vermouth when we asked for no vermouth - and we could see kitchen was backed up so some of our food was cold by the time it got to us. Big fail - and we won't be coming back.
- RobbyDined on 7/7/2014Great service. We were a group of 9 women talking non-stop and our waiter handled all our requests to perfection!Special Features:
- A Gem in Art District Diningkanaka2UDined on 7/5/2014A great new find in the Arts District a week ago - I was torn between the Ahi w/sweet-chili sauce and the Macadamia Crusted Chicken (which I got on our last visit) and they were equally fantastic! Now, let's talk sushi - if you're a fan of sushi you'll like the offerings and presentation (suggest you sit at the sushi bar and watch the artistry at work). There is a considerable noise level (after all IT IS a grill) so if you're expecting to hear a pin drop, this is not the place. NOTE: Seating is limited so dinner rez are recommended for up to 4 guests; parking is validated and the garage is next door, just around the corner. Overall, the food is "ono" and service "maika'i".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!foodiegaloreDined on 7/4/2014This was my second time dining here and it was great! The food is always fresh, though the portions are large. Excellent for sharing with others though.Special Features:
- different but goodUnderGroundProfessorDined on 7/4/2014I have never been here before, but I enjoyed the environment. Clean, quiet, yummy. I had the meatloaf and it was not my mother's but it was great on its own.Special Features:
- not what I was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014The interior was nice. We had the calamari app. It was bland. The only way to get flavor was to dip in the sauce it came with. I had the chicken club with avacado and chipotle mayo that was very bland and skimpy on the mayo. My husband had the fish and chicken tacos which he felt left much to be desired. As a sushi lover, I was sad to hear my brother say sushi is not Kona Grill's forte. So sad. Tried a new resturaunt on my birthday and am really upset I did spend my time and money at a resturant I knew would suck.
- Loved it!megan3132Dined on 6/28/2014The drink & food menu at Kona are both awesome with so much to choose from. Really good sushi, and the angry edamame was delicious! I also had the Pad Thai which was really good, especially with a little bit of the angry sauce added to it. The only reason I gave the ambiance 4 stars instead of 5 is because we sat in front of a large window & even with the"shade" drawn, the sun was glaring in half of our table's faces to the point that we had to scoot all of our chairs to one side of the table. Besides this slight distraction everything was perfect, and I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Great time, first time here!LashiDined on 6/26/2014I found Kona through Open Table but had never been there before. I did not know what to expect. It was a very classy place, right in the heart of the 7th Street area. The food was amazing and the price was good- about what I expected for sushi. We had the Las Vegas, the Spider, and some California Rolls. All were great but our favorite was the Las Vegas roll. The fried tempura was fresh and toasty, with the right amount of crunch! We ate upstairs so we could be outside for the sunset. The weather was perfect as we were shaded while we ate. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BloonsDined on 6/17/2014We had a great dining experience and can't wait to go back! We had with us 2 boys, 8 and 9, and they LOVED their food and the presentation was very fun! Everyone enjoyed their food very much. Our special reservation request to sit by a TV so that we could watch the TCU game while we dined was also arranged and waiting upon us when we arrived. Great experience!Special Features:
- Kona on the Mesacjg1Dined on 6/15/2014Great food, fresh taste reminded us of Hawaii. Friendly server, fun atmosphere, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.