Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
11997 Singletree Lane
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (952) 941-3262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service & a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, & Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (58)good for groups (55)special occasion (46)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (38)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (33)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (17)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Kona OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014Went to celebrate a special Birthday. The dining room was busy, and service was slow. Disappointed in food quality, not much flavor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SushiswlufcDined on 11/21/2014Been here many times and the food is always excellent. The thing that stands out most is the service by the staff and the friendliness/visibility of the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindapDined on 11/21/2014Reservations made for a group of approximately 20 team members. Service and food was great.Special Features:
- We loved this place!BettisimoDined on 11/17/2014The food was delicious! Our waitress was very helpful suggesting we share (4 of us) a split salad and a flat bread between two people. The salads were so fresh and the dressings were very tasty. We would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately Kona has gone from mediocre to fairOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2014in attentive service, running out of items, and not telling you until you ask where it is. One item to the table at a time, sitting for 15 with an empty glass. You'd think it was a bad night, but this wasn't my first time there and it has gotten worse over time. Was told the manager was coming over after some issues, and even though we were there for another hour, never saw them. He was busy eatting dinner at the sushi bar. I brought out of town guests, and was truly embarrassed as we had to continually wave down the server who as standing in the prep line window visiting. Won't be going back
- Shared 3 dishes amongst 3 girlfriends. Great idea!DodiDined on 11/15/2014Shared 3 dishes . Avacado egg rolls, delicious, small portion for price. Chopped salad, fantastic, plenty to share, will definately order next time. Margarita pizza, fail in my eyes, my dining partners enjoyed it. Balsamic vinegar on this pizza was a fail to me. Crust became very soggy too! Overall great dining experience and we will go back again! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere, awesome serviceOutstandingDined on 11/12/2014Went to Kona Grill with a group of 6 people. Open Table is a must for making a reservation because the place filled up fast. Had a drink at the bar (we were early) and the bar server was very attentive and fast. Once our party arrived we went to our table and were immediately greeted by an enthusiastic server who knew the menu top to bottom. He was great to us all night. I think his name was Marty. The food was outstanding and the menu was very diverse. We had entrees ranging from shrimp penne to macadamia nut chicken to sea bass and lobster mac N cheese. Outstanding, will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014Kona Grill is a great place for a special lunch/dinner; varied menu, at slightly above average prices, but well worth it. The Macadamia nut chicken is worth every mouthful. The service is very good; our waitress was exceptional with many suggestions and a very pleasant demeanor. The wine/drink list is good and last but not least the dessert menu is short but also worth trying, especially the Key Lime pie. We enjoyed a very pleasant birthday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place for FunYuppuhDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I love Kona Grill! It's one of the places we bring family when they are in town. The food is unique and delicious. The only thing we would change is a few more options for gluten free/sugar free. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful atmosphere!SirDukeDined on 11/7/2014Sushi is always fresh and plenty of other options on the menu. Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great1winesnobVIPDined on 11/3/2014Went to Kona on a weekday. Not very busy. My husband ordered the Sea Bass ($28) entree. It was the smallest piece of fish ever. He almost sent it back. The entrees were good tasting, but portions were much smaller than I remember. We usually go got happy hour, which is terrific. Our wait person was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodteach1VIPDined on 11/3/2014The service and food is always great. The prices are reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Kona has great food and the wine offerings are wonderfulSpecial Features:
- DLo76Dined on 10/24/2014Great food-awesome service. Always a great experience !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner!CherbearDined on 10/24/2014We got to restaurant 30 minutes early, but they were nice enough to accommodate us. Bar was horrendously noisy. Could hardly stand it. Booth in dining area much better. Service was friendly. My husband absolutely LOVES the macadamia chicken! I had the salmon for the first time. I loved it. They cook to your liking, so wasn't dry and overcooked and the sweet spicy sauce and veggies with it were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We have eaten at Kona Grill many times. This is the first time that we experienced service that was not up to the usual standards. Service was very slow...we waited about 15 minutes just to get a bottle of wine.
- Yum!luv2eatandrinkDined on 10/18/2014Some friends and I went for dinner Saturday night. Our table was ready as soon as we got there. Our server was friendly, helpful and funny. We had delicious beverages and after consulting with our server on what to order, our food arrived. She apologized to us for the wait, but it didn't feel like we had to wait too long. I had the macadamia nut chicken with potatoes and green beans. Delicious. I couldn't eat it all only because I was too full. It was a great experience with great drinks, great food, and great server!Special Features:
- Good servicebrynglowDined on 10/17/2014We were seated right away. The server was attentive and gave our group good service. The bass was very tasty. The lobste macaroni an cheese was not good but nothing especial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!ThorDined on 10/16/2014Went out for dinner with my girlfriends. We had a great table and great service. Jeff was a great waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi...bad serviceeatEPDined on 10/10/2014Food was prompt and delicious. But the waitress was terrible. Nice demeanor, but not attentive. After taking our order we didn't see her again until we were done and napkins were on the table. At that point she cleared a plate and said she would get us a refill. 10 minutes later she returned...and we had to ask for our check. I'm not sure we will be back soon...and if we do go, it will be to sit at the Sushi bar, not in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great service, good food!kingrogersDined on 10/10/2014The Sushi was wonderful. Other entrees are offered but we love their Sushi. Service was first-rate. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again I love this place!YummiestVIPDined on 10/5/2014Kona is awesome! If you are in the mood for really good sushi or a salad or something unique, Kona is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeCrazyPopDined on 10/4/2014I like to bring the family here especially for birthdays and anniversaries. Service is always outstanding and food great! There's always something for my picky eater kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above AverageSteveofoto1VIPDined on 10/3/2014Not especially notable but good in almost all ways. Pot stickers are great, the lobster mac and cheese tasty on a cold night. Service is very good. Ambience is excellent...a very smart looking restaurant. Overall, food is somewhat "corporate" and above average. Not especially notable. Overall, enjoyable.Special Features:
- birthdaynothappy2Dined on 10/1/2014I had made reservations at ll:00 AM on October 1 for 7:00 PM. We had to wait 20-30 minutes before we got a table. We had a party of 9 for a birthday so expected to get seated right away. Not happy that a table wasn't ready for us. Person at desk just kept saying soon-we are waiting for other people to leave. I feel our table should of been ready when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLightningVIPDined on 9/27/2014We eat here a lot and have literally never had a bad experience. The food and service are always top notch and consistent. Great all day HH on Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This is a great place for a business lunch! I had a group of 8 and it was excellent. It was quiet enough for us to be able to talk and all hear each other and the food/service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great food Had to wait even tho we haf reservation but great service after thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona Great!ifunusushiVIPDined on 9/21/2014We always get great food at Kona - but even more impressive was our server Tracy. We were being "difficult", kind of dithering over where to sit, main dining room or sushi bar. Tracy graciously moved us from the dining room, and back, after we changed our minds and then continued with providing us wonderful service. No question - we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great signature dishessammyjoeDined on 9/19/2014Food here is very good. Portions are quite large and for little ones and seniors sharing an entre might be a good idea. Noise level is very high so be prepared. Desserts are very large, look great and would be probably best shared (calorie count).Special Features:
- Pesty Fruit FlysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The food is really good - but during this visit, we had several pesty fruit flys bugging us the entire evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitGlutenFreeDined on 9/13/2014Food was fantastic & very nicely presented. Sushi - dishes came as an appetizer, food came with entree - not right. Ordered no cheese & the had to re-do my dish so it came as others were finishing. Noise level was VERY high. Hard to hold good conversation. Why do TV's & other electronic noises need to be so loud? Waitress was new, but very pleasant & learning.Special Features:
- Great food - not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014We brought clients to the Kona Grill on a Wednesday night. They loved the atmosphere, the food selections and once we finally received our meals, the food was exceptional (except for one steak that was much overcooked - which the manager kindly checked with our table on and removed the cost from our bill). The restaurant became quite busy while we were there, but the waiter was not very attentive or very busy with other tables as there were long gaps between taking our drink/appetizer orders and our entree orders and our meal took almost a 1/2 hour to arrive. They may have been short staffed for an unexpectedly busy mid-week night - but it certainly impacted the impression we had (and left our clients with) regarding the overall experience.Special Features:
- Kona Grille-Eden PrairieBillDined on 9/9/2014This was my first visit to this chain restaurant in Minnesota, although we are regular customers in Arizona. The food was well prepared, delivered in a very timely manner by an experienced, cheerful wait-person. We will be going backSpecial Features:
- fantastic findGandADined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary and found this. The server was wonderful. We asked for some time between appetizers and entree and she pulled it off perfectly. Her entree suggestions were right on! Great food, great service, and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodYummiestVIPDined on 9/2/2014We love this place! Happy hour specials are the best for getting a great deal on your bill. We ordered 5 things and the bill was cheap! The food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!greattimesDined on 9/1/2014I went to kona for lunch with my family, I enjoyed it a lot and am definently planning on coming back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VupperDined on 8/29/2014We had an excellent experience. Good waiter very helpful.Special Features:
- Good Food, Loud MusicgreatVIPDined on 8/26/2014I've always had good food at Kona Grill and this visit proved the same, but they had the music way too loud and we actually had a hard time hearing each other over lunch. They need to be aware that loud music detracts from a relaxing dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner with some friends and it was just average. A bit pricey (not compared to other sushi places though) but the menu had lots of variety. We all just got rolls, and they were good but not memorable. Had bread pudding for dessert and it was delicious. Server was helpful and attentive. It was a exactly what you would expect from midpriced chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.