Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
11997 Singletree Lane
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 9529413262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service & a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, & Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (45)special occasion (43)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (22)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (15)romantic (12)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great signature dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food here is very good. Portions are quite large and for little ones and seniors sharing an entre might be a good idea. Noise level is very high so be prepared. Desserts are very large, look great and would be probably best shared (calorie count).Special Features:
- Pesty Fruit FlysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The food is really good - but during this visit, we had several pesty fruit flys bugging us the entire evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitGlutenFreeDined on 9/13/2014Food was fantastic & very nicely presented. Sushi - dishes came as an appetizer, food came with entree - not right. Ordered no cheese & the had to re-do my dish so it came as others were finishing. Noise level was VERY high. Hard to hold good conversation. Why do TV's & other electronic noises need to be so loud? Waitress was new, but very pleasant & learning.Special Features:
- Great food - not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014We brought clients to the Kona Grill on a Wednesday night. They loved the atmosphere, the food selections and once we finally received our meals, the food was exceptional (except for one steak that was much overcooked - which the manager kindly checked with our table on and removed the cost from our bill). The restaurant became quite busy while we were there, but the waiter was not very attentive or very busy with other tables as there were long gaps between taking our drink/appetizer orders and our entree orders and our meal took almost a 1/2 hour to arrive. They may have been short staffed for an unexpectedly busy mid-week night - but it certainly impacted the impression we had (and left our clients with) regarding the overall experience.Special Features:
- Kona Grille-Eden PrairieBillDined on 9/9/2014This was my first visit to this chain restaurant in Minnesota, although we are regular customers in Arizona. The food was well prepared, delivered in a very timely manner by an experienced, cheerful wait-person. We will be going backSpecial Features:
- fantastic findGandADined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary and found this. The server was wonderful. We asked for some time between appetizers and entree and she pulled it off perfectly. Her entree suggestions were right on! Great food, great service, and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodYummiestVIPDined on 9/2/2014We love this place! Happy hour specials are the best for getting a great deal on your bill. We ordered 5 things and the bill was cheap! The food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!greattimesDined on 9/1/2014I went to kona for lunch with my family, I enjoyed it a lot and am definently planning on coming back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VupperDined on 8/29/2014We had an excellent experience. Good waiter very helpful.Special Features:
- Good Food, Loud MusicgreatVIPDined on 8/26/2014I've always had good food at Kona Grill and this visit proved the same, but they had the music way too loud and we actually had a hard time hearing each other over lunch. They need to be aware that loud music detracts from a relaxing dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner with some friends and it was just average. A bit pricey (not compared to other sushi places though) but the menu had lots of variety. We all just got rolls, and they were good but not memorable. Had bread pudding for dessert and it was delicious. Server was helpful and attentive. It was a exactly what you would expect from midpriced chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Very enjoyable. Food good and fairly priced. Decor is very nice, but too much noise from the bar for people in their seventies, trying to visit.Special Features:
- An excellent eveninghappy2eatDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed a variety of foods - all four of us ate heartily! Our waiter was very nice, helpful and pleasant. We were celebrating a special occasion and felt happy that we chose Kona Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to meet friends for drinks.TickleUttDined on 8/13/2014The service was very good and the food we ordered was quite good. None of us were overly hungry so we did not order especially large meals. At times it was a bit noisy be not unreasonable. I have been at Kona a few times for drinks with friends and we have always had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioJimLDined on 8/12/2014If you can get a seat on the patio, the vibe is even better!
- Always was good until 9pmMrsMoofDined on 8/11/2014My friend and I were having a great time at Kona Grill on Monday night until 9pm - that's when the high school students all rolled in and took over. Happy Hour starts (again) at 9pm on Mondays. Sushi rolls were delicious!Special Features:
- bankerBankerVIPDined on 8/9/2014anniversary celebration and the food and service were outstanding ... delicious dinner and wonderful evening ... yummy dessert, too !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodfoodieDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, but a busy place, where the wait staff is not quite prepared to serve timely. worked well for us as we were not in a hurry and used the time for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014While the food was satisfactory, the service was extremely slow. Our server was nice, etc, but it took over 45 minutes for our dinner to come....Since this isn't the first time we were here, I was extremely disappointed. Management bought desert for the table, but to be honest I would have preferred if they would have picked up part of the meals instead.
- Caprisi saladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014They were pushing the caprisi salad. I ordered it because it happens to be one of my favorites. The green tomatoes they served with it were as hard as rocks. Maybe they were trying to get rid of them?Special Features:
- EtienneVIPDined on 7/25/2014Miso sea bass was wonderful. Service was great. My wife's chicken stir fry was only fair along with my side salad.Special Features:
- Best happy hour in Eden Prairie!stpmeg13Dined on 7/23/2014The happy hour at Kona is amazing! Coupled with half-price bottles of wine on Wednesdays and you're set! They have great sushi rolls and appetizers on the happy hour menu, as well as a few specialty cocktails. Happy hour goes until 7:00 too, so that's always exciting for those of us who work until 5:00 or later! Definitely get there early, it fills up pretty quickly shortly after 5:00. It gets loud and energetic in there too, so maybe not the best place for a romantic dinner or family outing, but great for catching up with friends with drinks and good, light fare!Special Features:
- Tasty Food!SaraDined on 7/16/2014We started with drinks and the roasted veggie flatbread. The flatbread was fantastic! The mojitos, unfortunately, left something to be desired. We had a group of 5; most of us enjoyed our dinners. Mine, I think, was the best (macadamia encrusted chicken). Great kid menu selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for consistencyNeecieDined on 7/9/2014I loved the fact that the food was just as good in Troy Michigan and Lombard Illinois as it was in Eden prairie this week. Excellent sea bass and asparagus dish, great flavor!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and accomodating servicedebbiebDined on 7/8/2014We had a larger group of 15 and they did a great job assisting us with seating to better enjoy our company. Service for a group this size can normally be a bit tough but they handled it all very well and our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwannyDined on 7/5/2014Great outdoor seating area. Service is always good and happy hour is very popular.Special Features:
- Returning customerGFdinerDined on 6/28/2014This was our second time at Kona. We had both entrees and sushi. The sushi is decent, the portion sizes are good but so many of their specialty rolls are fried. Would be nice to see some other selections. Our server was the same one we had previously and she was outstanding and she even remembered us. We will return.Special Features:
- Reservation WonderdinerightDined on 6/28/2014We had our reservations for Kona for a group of six on Saturday night. They were super busy, so our reservation was taking a while. They treated us to cocktails on the house and we got a great table and wonderful service. The manager, wait staff and hosts were all very accommodating. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BankerBankerVIPDined on 6/27/2014good food celebrated a birthday ... delicious dessert ... fun evening !!Special Features:
- always greatteach1VIPDined on 6/27/2014We always love the food, service and prices at Kona Grill. We have never been disappointed. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch1Dined on 6/26/2014Went for lunch and the server was not attentive. We had to ask someone to get the server to come take our order. Server was not friendly, shouldn't have been working that day. Other times have been there and service was much better. Food is always great and for a big group it is wonderful to have the variety of foods from meatloaf to sushi, pleases everyone. Chalk up the poor service as an isolated incident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but meal super delayed.RBNiVIPDined on 6/23/2014We like Kona, and they have many dishes that we both enjoy. For some reason it took 45 minutes to get our soup and salads, and the rest of the meal came afterwards. My guess is someone didn't show up for work in the kitchen, and somehow they were short staffed. We were starting to get a little upset, and then the food came out. They comped a round of drinks and the soup without us saying anything. It must have been that obvious that they would do that. We did completely enjoy everything we ordered, and comping us did actually save their reputation in our minds. This dining experience was an anomaly, so we're just chalking it up to bad luck. The Picassa Roll is very tasty if you like yellowtail-spicy-ponzu flavor, which I do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with familyElizabethDined on 6/22/2014Dinner out with daughter and husband - all of us are particular about what we eat. Broad variety of menu choices was great. Food was delicious but appetizers and entrees arrived from kitchen very slow. Not sure if this was a kitchen issue or server as she was absent for long periods of time. We will go back because of menu and variety of healthy offerings, and because the last time we were here service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014We as Emerson, like Kona for Business Dinners, service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pour Service Pour FoodNotAgainVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our dining night started with a 15 minute wait to be even visited by waitstaff after being seated - and that was the manager after asking a busboy if someone would wait on us. The entire wait staff looked like they were in a stupor - no energy from anyone - including our waitress. Food was lousy - the Chop Salad was missing 1/2 the ingredients listed on the menu; the steak I ordered was luke warm at best and the steamed veggies were awful. The waitress arrived with our 2nd round of drinks that were ordered well before our food arrived when we were nearly done with our meal - along with the check and didn't ask how anything was.
- Fathers Day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/15/2014I took my dad here for Father's Day. The staff stopped by to make sure they said happy Father's Day. We felt very welcome. Dad had the meatloaf and had to take some home the serving was so large, and delicious.Special Features:
- Seafood/SushiDisappointingVIPDined on 6/13/2014Food was very good. Erin, our server was extremely attentive and helpful. When ordering, we asked her to describe a dish, and she did it perfectly. That is identifying the method of cooking, details on presentation and substance. She did not jump into the conversation with "I like this dish, or this is one of my favorites." Normally, these comments by a server are artificial. Steve, the manager stopped by and chatted. Overall, this was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RerunRickieVIPDined on 6/9/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The chicken chili was outstanding. The volcano roll was so-so but it's hard to beat the volcano roll at Toyko in Shakopee. Service was outstanding, as expected, and the manager was always on the floor and stopped by every table, as is normal here. Love it.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMtw1997Dined on 6/7/2014It was our first time visiting Kona Grill, and won't be our last. Great food, delicious drinks, and an excellent atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodYummiestVIPDined on 6/6/2014Love their food! Everything is unique and great! Get enough food to keep you coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.