Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
11997 Singletree Lane
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 9529413262
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Eden Prairie
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service & a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees & appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, & Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Kona Grill - Eden Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)good for groups (43)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (31)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Yum!luv2eatandrinkDined on 10/18/2014Some friends and I went for dinner Saturday night. Our table was ready as soon as we got there. Our server was friendly, helpful and funny. We had delicious beverages and after consulting with our server on what to order, our food arrived. She apologized to us for the wait, but it didn't feel like we had to wait too long. I had the macadamia nut chicken with potatoes and green beans. Delicious. I couldn't eat it all only because I was too full. It was a great experience with great drinks, great food, and great server!Special Features:
- Good servicebrynglowDined on 10/17/2014We were seated right away. The server was attentive and gave our group good service. The bass was very tasty. The lobste macaroni an cheese was not good but nothing especial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!ThorDined on 10/16/2014Went out for dinner with my girlfriends. We had a great table and great service. Jeff was a great waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi...bad serviceeatEPDined on 10/10/2014Food was prompt and delicious. But the waitress was terrible. Nice demeanor, but not attentive. After taking our order we didn't see her again until we were done and napkins were on the table. At that point she cleared a plate and said she would get us a refill. 10 minutes later she returned...and we had to ask for our check. I'm not sure we will be back soon...and if we do go, it will be to sit at the Sushi bar, not in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great service, good food!kingrogersDined on 10/10/2014The Sushi was wonderful. Other entrees are offered but we love their Sushi. Service was first-rate. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again I love this place!YummiestVIPDined on 10/5/2014Kona is awesome! If you are in the mood for really good sushi or a salad or something unique, Kona is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeCrazyPopDined on 10/4/2014I like to bring the family here especially for birthdays and anniversaries. Service is always outstanding and food great! There's always something for my picky eater kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above AverageSteveofoto1VIPDined on 10/3/2014Not especially notable but good in almost all ways. Pot stickers are great, the lobster mac and cheese tasty on a cold night. Service is very good. Ambience is excellent...a very smart looking restaurant. Overall, food is somewhat "corporate" and above average. Not especially notable. Overall, enjoyable.Special Features:
- birthdaynothappy2Dined on 10/1/2014I had made reservations at ll:00 AM on October 1 for 7:00 PM. We had to wait 20-30 minutes before we got a table. We had a party of 9 for a birthday so expected to get seated right away. Not happy that a table wasn't ready for us. Person at desk just kept saying soon-we are waiting for other people to leave. I feel our table should of been ready when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLightningVIPDined on 9/27/2014We eat here a lot and have literally never had a bad experience. The food and service are always top notch and consistent. Great all day HH on Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This is a great place for a business lunch! I had a group of 8 and it was excellent. It was quiet enough for us to be able to talk and all hear each other and the food/service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great food Had to wait even tho we haf reservation but great service after thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kona Great!ifunusushiVIPDined on 9/21/2014We always get great food at Kona - but even more impressive was our server Tracy. We were being "difficult", kind of dithering over where to sit, main dining room or sushi bar. Tracy graciously moved us from the dining room, and back, after we changed our minds and then continued with providing us wonderful service. No question - we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great signature dishessammyjoeDined on 9/19/2014Food here is very good. Portions are quite large and for little ones and seniors sharing an entre might be a good idea. Noise level is very high so be prepared. Desserts are very large, look great and would be probably best shared (calorie count).Special Features:
- Pesty Fruit FlysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The food is really good - but during this visit, we had several pesty fruit flys bugging us the entire evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitGlutenFreeDined on 9/13/2014Food was fantastic & very nicely presented. Sushi - dishes came as an appetizer, food came with entree - not right. Ordered no cheese & the had to re-do my dish so it came as others were finishing. Noise level was VERY high. Hard to hold good conversation. Why do TV's & other electronic noises need to be so loud? Waitress was new, but very pleasant & learning.Special Features:
- Great food - not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014We brought clients to the Kona Grill on a Wednesday night. They loved the atmosphere, the food selections and once we finally received our meals, the food was exceptional (except for one steak that was much overcooked - which the manager kindly checked with our table on and removed the cost from our bill). The restaurant became quite busy while we were there, but the waiter was not very attentive or very busy with other tables as there were long gaps between taking our drink/appetizer orders and our entree orders and our meal took almost a 1/2 hour to arrive. They may have been short staffed for an unexpectedly busy mid-week night - but it certainly impacted the impression we had (and left our clients with) regarding the overall experience.Special Features:
- Kona Grille-Eden PrairieBillDined on 9/9/2014This was my first visit to this chain restaurant in Minnesota, although we are regular customers in Arizona. The food was well prepared, delivered in a very timely manner by an experienced, cheerful wait-person. We will be going backSpecial Features:
- fantastic findGandADined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary and found this. The server was wonderful. We asked for some time between appetizers and entree and she pulled it off perfectly. Her entree suggestions were right on! Great food, great service, and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Consistently goodYummiestVIPDined on 9/2/2014We love this place! Happy hour specials are the best for getting a great deal on your bill. We ordered 5 things and the bill was cheap! The food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!greattimesDined on 9/1/2014I went to kona for lunch with my family, I enjoyed it a lot and am definently planning on coming back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VupperDined on 8/29/2014We had an excellent experience. Good waiter very helpful.Special Features:
- Good Food, Loud MusicgreatVIPDined on 8/26/2014I've always had good food at Kona Grill and this visit proved the same, but they had the music way too loud and we actually had a hard time hearing each other over lunch. They need to be aware that loud music detracts from a relaxing dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner with some friends and it was just average. A bit pricey (not compared to other sushi places though) but the menu had lots of variety. We all just got rolls, and they were good but not memorable. Had bread pudding for dessert and it was delicious. Server was helpful and attentive. It was a exactly what you would expect from midpriced chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Very enjoyable. Food good and fairly priced. Decor is very nice, but too much noise from the bar for people in their seventies, trying to visit.Special Features:
- An excellent eveninghappy2eatDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed a variety of foods - all four of us ate heartily! Our waiter was very nice, helpful and pleasant. We were celebrating a special occasion and felt happy that we chose Kona Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to meet friends for drinks.TickleUttDined on 8/13/2014The service was very good and the food we ordered was quite good. None of us were overly hungry so we did not order especially large meals. At times it was a bit noisy be not unreasonable. I have been at Kona a few times for drinks with friends and we have always had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioJimLVIPDined on 8/12/2014If you can get a seat on the patio, the vibe is even better!
- Always was good until 9pmMrsMoofDined on 8/11/2014My friend and I were having a great time at Kona Grill on Monday night until 9pm - that's when the high school students all rolled in and took over. Happy Hour starts (again) at 9pm on Mondays. Sushi rolls were delicious!Special Features:
- bankerBankerVIPDined on 8/9/2014anniversary celebration and the food and service were outstanding ... delicious dinner and wonderful evening ... yummy dessert, too !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodfoodieDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, but a busy place, where the wait staff is not quite prepared to serve timely. worked well for us as we were not in a hurry and used the time for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014While the food was satisfactory, the service was extremely slow. Our server was nice, etc, but it took over 45 minutes for our dinner to come....Since this isn't the first time we were here, I was extremely disappointed. Management bought desert for the table, but to be honest I would have preferred if they would have picked up part of the meals instead.
- Caprisi saladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014They were pushing the caprisi salad. I ordered it because it happens to be one of my favorites. The green tomatoes they served with it were as hard as rocks. Maybe they were trying to get rid of them?Special Features:
- EtienneVIPDined on 7/25/2014Miso sea bass was wonderful. Service was great. My wife's chicken stir fry was only fair along with my side salad.Special Features:
- Best happy hour in Eden Prairie!stpmeg13Dined on 7/23/2014The happy hour at Kona is amazing! Coupled with half-price bottles of wine on Wednesdays and you're set! They have great sushi rolls and appetizers on the happy hour menu, as well as a few specialty cocktails. Happy hour goes until 7:00 too, so that's always exciting for those of us who work until 5:00 or later! Definitely get there early, it fills up pretty quickly shortly after 5:00. It gets loud and energetic in there too, so maybe not the best place for a romantic dinner or family outing, but great for catching up with friends with drinks and good, light fare!Special Features:
- Tasty Food!SaraDined on 7/16/2014We started with drinks and the roasted veggie flatbread. The flatbread was fantastic! The mojitos, unfortunately, left something to be desired. We had a group of 5; most of us enjoyed our dinners. Mine, I think, was the best (macadamia encrusted chicken). Great kid menu selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for consistencyNeecieDined on 7/9/2014I loved the fact that the food was just as good in Troy Michigan and Lombard Illinois as it was in Eden prairie this week. Excellent sea bass and asparagus dish, great flavor!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and accomodating servicedebbiebDined on 7/8/2014We had a larger group of 15 and they did a great job assisting us with seating to better enjoy our company. Service for a group this size can normally be a bit tough but they handled it all very well and our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwannyDined on 7/5/2014Great outdoor seating area. Service is always good and happy hour is very popular.Special Features:
- Returning customerGFdinerDined on 6/28/2014This was our second time at Kona. We had both entrees and sushi. The sushi is decent, the portion sizes are good but so many of their specialty rolls are fried. Would be nice to see some other selections. Our server was the same one we had previously and she was outstanding and she even remembered us. We will return.Special Features: