Kona Grill - Carmel
14395 Clay Terrace Blvd
Clay Terrace Shopping Center
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Carmel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: (317) 566-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Our Bar stays open an additional hour Monday - Saturday. Please call for our Happy Hour specials!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Fred Scott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Thomas 3175661400
A word from Kona Grill - Carmel
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Kona Grill - Carmel - Best Restaurants in Carmel / Westfield ›
Kona Grill - Carmel reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (33)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (19)hot spot (19)romantic (18)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- PMAM2PMVIPDined on 9/16/2014We were party of 12 and it took them very long to get our food.Special Features:
- Good food - Poor and slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food is great but poor service. Took an hour and a half to get to the entrees, including the kid meal. Unacceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good. Service was fair at best. We have been before and have had much better experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but service slowJaniceVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food was good, as usual. We always like the variety on the menu. But, the service was very slow. The restaurant was not busy, so we expected to get our food much quicker.Special Features:
- Kudos for KonaThePunditVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great address for vegans and vegetarians while catering to omnivores. Nice outside seating also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great sushi and reasonably priced wine list make this a very dependable dining spot! A place you will come back to time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!!JudgeJudieDined on 8/27/2014The entire evening was wonderful. I am not usually a sit-outside-diner but the couple we ere with wanted to sit outside, and it really made for a great evening. Why? No bugs, flies, or ants!!! Our server was Lela and she was great. she took the time to go over items on the menu, and she even took my special request for no onions back to the chef, who cheerfully complied. My husband is a sushi afficianado and he said the sushi was very fresh and flavorful. My food has to be cooked and my chilean sea bass came out just right. A perfect birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingANHullDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I are never disappointed we we eat at Kona! The service is great and the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good; Service BadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our 3rd visit to this restaurant and, although the food is good, the service has been consistently poor. This time, we waited over 15 minutes before a server came to our table, and then he seemed to be totally confused throughout the meal service. He paid attention to only one table and another table adjacent to ours placed a complaint regarding the length of time it took to be served. It's too bad, because poor service can ruin an otherwise good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food here is of outstanding quality. From the main course to the veggies it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffKarmamechanicDined on 8/16/2014Our waitress was attentive and not overly intrusive. She handled our son's awkward manners fantastically and felt like she was fully concerned that our dining experience was a good one. Beyond that the food was great, fresh and filling. For example, my wife ordered a piece of carrot cake that could feed 3 people and was very well made. My son received a free creme brulee which he raved about as well. Not bad for a place in an open air mall with a view of an Old Navy.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent. Outside seating is awesome! Service was a little slow but maybe because we were outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!Ilovethelasvegasrole1Dined on 8/13/2014I enjoyed everything food wise! And of course it's a beautiful restaurant . Except the music was so loud and there were very little people in the restaurant so i was yelling across the table... So if your looking for a peaceful quiet place- not where you should goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi; Good ServiceIndysharkVIPDined on 8/12/2014With a limited time between meetings, we chose Kona Grill. They didn't disappoint us -- we had good sushi and prompt service.Special Features:
- PlannerDined on 8/8/2014Kona Grill was the perfect place for our team building luncheon. Great food...great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool fish tank in the bar!PaulincAshburnVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was our first time, and we would go back if someone wanted to try it (excellent avacado egg rolls! ) but there are too many other restaurants to try before we lock in on favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eat!mlaymanDined on 7/26/2014My family and I really enjoy Kona Grill. Not all of us like sushi and the menu offers a wide variety to make everyone happy. I have never had anything that I didn't enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please work on the acousticsPapaBearDined on 7/23/2014While the fish was very good, the noise level made it difficult to enjoy our dinner.Special Features:
- AverageRickVIPDined on 7/22/2014It has been a while since we have dined here. Manager not too friendly who sat me. Same manager brought out our dinners and 'threw' the plates down in front of us. Food was average.
- Great experienceCareDined on 7/22/2014I had a diverse group - kids, grandparents and myself. Everyone was happy. Grandparents enjoyed their traditional steak and salmon dinners. The kids loved the fish tank and their bento boxes with a bear crafted out of an orange. And my husband and I enjoyed some sushi. Something for everyone!Special Features:
- EnjoyableJaniceVIPDined on 7/19/2014We always have a nice time at Kona Grill. We especially appreciate the varied menu. There is something for everyone.Special Features:
- DisappointedTorian0319VIPDined on 7/19/2014We were excited to try Kona Grill. It was advertised as being a seafood restaurant, but instead, it was heavy in asian cuisine. But, that was not the problem. The food was not good at all. I started with a sushi roll - terrible. I then ordered the sea bass and it was subpar. It came with shrimp and pork fried rice, which was room temperature cold, not hot. I ordered dessert and it too was not very good. I did not send anything back because we were pushed for time. I will say that the cosmo drink was great - I had two. I gave the restaurant two stars because of the service. We had a really friendly and helpful waitress, which made our time there better despite the meal. The menu is fine - execution of the meals failed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Our dining experience was awesome! We were celebrating my daughters birthday. The food was wonderful and our servers were very attentive and went the "extra Mile" to make our meal very special.Special Features:
- Love the etch a sketchesIndyPhilVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place has good food and is very kid friendly. My kids loved the etch a sketches they hand out to keep them busy and I have never seen a more extensive kids menu.Special Features:
- Kona deliversThePunditVIPDined on 7/6/2014Kudos for 3 menus normal,vegetarian, vegan but too bad few vegan. Very friendly service. Will do it Again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service were great!DivinediningDined on 6/30/2014The food, cocktails, and service were great, although there were a bunch of fruit flies around the restaurant. That got a bit irritating while trying to enjoy ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Sushi is great and the chili glazed salmon on the oriental salad is a favorite. The only issue are the fruit flies hovering around the dining room.Special Features:
- A nice dinner with friendsJabddsDined on 6/27/2014Seated immediately for our reservation. Great drink menu with fun cocktails, good sushi and a broad menu made for a great dinner with friends who like everything from just meat and potatoes to pad Thai. A reliable north side Carmel dinner spot with shopping out the door.Special Features:
- GreatIndyryVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always enjoy kona grill...... Some of the best sushi in Indy. A huge menu for non-sushi lovers as well. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerTBG007Dined on 6/21/2014My family visited on a Friday evening for dinner. Parking was close, the host staff greeted us immediately and professionally and we were seated within 5 minutes. The service was excellent as well as the food. The waitress was very knowledgable, vibrant and continues to visit the table regularly to see how we were doing and remove used items. The manager visited with us as well. Great establishment!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceIndysharkVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had a group of 7, including 2 children, and the service was great. The server was able to make recommendations to people and was very knowledgeable about his food products/content/preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but goodKamikazeChazDined on 6/14/2014Impeccable service made up for somewhat pricey menu choices. Not a "traditional" Japanese restaurant, so don't expect Japanese dishes. Otherwise, very good and fresh sushi/sashimi that are reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Disappointing this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014Our first experience was very good. Have had jambalaya many times...this one was overly "hot"...could hardly eat it. Waitress a bit pretentious.Special Features:
- Great service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We had a great evening and the hosts were able to accommodate us with the extra person that had joined our party. Our server, Josh, was amazing as we'll! Even though it was a busy Saturday night, he treated us like his only table. He offered many suggestions and was very helpful! The food was great as always but we will definitely be back just to see Josh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Kona, always great!WestfieldDinersDined on 6/6/2014As is the case often, we had another fine meal at Kona grill. I consistently get the sushi and my wife loves several dishes and salads. Service is timely and friendly. Prices are fair. I heartily recommend for anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!fellowmanagerDined on 6/5/2014Kona Grill is fantastic! We went for my birthday and everything was great. Our server, Scott, was friendly, fast and efficient. He had great recommendations and was present without being over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodJudyVIPDined on 6/3/2014Food was delicious and service even better! Great outside seating!!Special Features:
- 8 people Last minuteLUVFISHDined on 5/31/2014I was so pleased when I called Kona and they could reserve a table for8 in just a few hours. We were even late and they were very kind to hold our table for8 people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!StevoVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great place for an outdoor dinner with friends! The Happy Hour menu turned out to be perfect size, taste and quantity. We had a wonderful meal with top notch service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SuzyVIPDined on 5/30/2014We were late due to road construction. I miscounted the number of people joining us (8 instead of 6). But the manager, Chris Thomas & our server were very accommodating & took very good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.